ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Rant Away!!!!!

Nibblet

Couldn't think of where to put this so i decided to start a new thread.

I need to let off steam....... BE WARNED!!!! I may swear, but I'll probably edit it out later because I'm not comfortable with it.

I spent most of the morning looking for a font that doesn't exist. It doesn't exist on any of my programs. I had every disc in the offfice out looking for some artwork that MAY have had something similar on it...... no joy. I even trawled the internet looking for the bloody thing.... no joy there either. I eventually had to phone the guy who ordered the print only to find..... HE CAN'T SPELL. Ugh. Found it in no time at all after that. :x
Also. We're a mail order company. that means people are supposed to order stuff by e-mail, fax or telephone. This stupid guy comes wandering into my office this afternoon asking for "shorts". He's got such a strong regional accent I can barely understand him anyway, he talked entirely in vowles... I swear it! I tell him that we don't stock shorts, but I could probably get some by the end of next week. He say's "Aye ye dee. Ye've got fookin looads in them boxes" After a few minutes of silently decoding the idiot in my head, I figured out what he meant to say was "shirts" not shorts. Btw, all that gobbledegook he said means "Yes you do. You've got fucking loads in those boxes" After politely telling him that he would need to place an order with the sales department and that we don't sell plain t-shirts.... those ones are for printing on, he left in a not very happy mood. :x :x
And yesterday, I spent most of the night un-hooking my cat from the curtains. She's very easily frightened. Someone across the street is having new windows put in thier house and every loud noise that was made scared the shit out of her. Now my curtains have a perforated look to them. :x

I feel better now. I thank you for your patience.

Zebula77

Aww, you poor thing. *gives Sam a nice hug*

PCoquelin

I agree ! Damn too many babblers, in these forums !
And ...
  my name is PCoquelin, NOT Arthis !!!

Zebula77

I'm sorry PC. Really, I don't know why I called you Arthis. Strange. :?

Nibblet

Thanks guy's! You're all very much appreciated.

Nibblet

*Just checked my post count*

IceTooth - Heey. That's not very nice. You're not too far behind *thinks hard for a nasty name to call him* Scorpion boy.
Gah. I'm going to take a class in name calling... that was the lamest thing ever! I can manage the occasional "poop-head" when the fancy takes me.

(I was kidding IceTooth. Look... I'm smiling at you :D And winking of course Wink )

LordDarkhan

hmph :?

Jeppe

No you haven't, look:

Din Skovsnegle-ekskrements-hat!!! :x

Back to topic:
So sorry for you Nibblet. I, myself, have never had trouble undestand people from the country...

Zebula77

[quote:d77b99f85a]Din Skovsnegle-ekskrements-hat!!![/quote:d77b99f85a]

Heheh, think I'm gonna use that one someday. Wink

Arfurido

Hat eller hatt?
:?
(Forvirrende tråd)

PCoquelin

Quote:
IceTooth

Hmm...maybe the US does have the best swear words. We certainly do like to be rude and insulting! Grin

Not so sure of it...
Every language has its slang, and the French one is quite developped, I can assure you (for the most curious among you, I advise you to try and read "Le Canard enchaîné" or Pierre PERRET's books on slang and the like...)

Zebula77

Hehe 'Swearing in French is like wiping your ass with silk', or something like that. Grin

That's from Matrix Reloaded, by the way.

PCoquelin

Yep.
I always found it strange to see how most US citizens consider the occasional use of the French language.
As if it sounded more - er - "hype" (is it ?), more socially high-levelled or sth. like that...
Funny because, well, here we don't consider other languages as such (better or lesser in some milieu).

Zebula77

Yeah, I know - the use of foreign words is usually considered a bit high-brow. I guess it comes from the idea that you need education to learn words in other languages.
Of course, you could just as easily pick up stuff here or there on tv or something. Grin

It's like describing someone's who's very small - the euphemism would be something like 'Yeah, she's very petite.' Or if someone's shy it's 'coquette'.

Heh, I find that amusing. But I admit I'm guilty of doing that a lot myself, like exchanging Norwegain phrases for English or French ones. I do it automatically most of the time. Wink

Nibblet

Quote:
Jeppe

Din Skovsnegle-ekskrements-hat!!! :x

What-y-what-what?

Quote:
Jeppe

So sorry for you Nibblet. I, myself, have never had trouble undestand people from the country...

Thankyou, my child (adopted of course) Extra helping of lasagne for you! And a balloon animal, just for fun Wink

Zebula77

I think what Jeppe said means something like 'Forestsnail-excrement-hat!' or something to that extent. :D

Nibblet

Wish I'd never asked Surprised

Is that an actual term or did he make it up?

LivietheLurker

I have a suspicion he made it up.

krwordgazer

Quote:
PCoquelin

Yep.
I always found it strange to see how most US citizens consider the occasional use of the French language.
As if it sounded more - er - "hype" (is it ?), more socially high-levelled or sth. like that...
Funny because, well, here we don't consider other languages as such (better or lesser in some milieu).

Really, PC? I thought there was this Academie Francaise whose job is to keep the French language pure of foreign words. Are you sure French isn't better? Wink I've always thought it was the prettiest language I've ever heard. Which is why I learned to speak it, sort of. Except I'm very rusty now.

And Darkhan's right. Not all Americans like to be rude and insulting. That's ok, though, IceTooth, if you enjoy it! Wink

Jeppe

Zeb is right...

Quote:
nibblet

Wish I'd never asked Surprised

Is that an actual term or did he make it up?

Yes, you propably shouldn't have asked :twisted:

And, yeah, i tend to make up my own words for swearing... :oops: But it can be quite funny sometimes!

Arfurido: WOW! nice avatar! i haven't met one who read that comic for nine years! (except my sisters...)

Yay! extra lasagne!! And a balloon animal! (A forestsnail? can a person actually make forestsnail balloon animal???)

scarlettdoll

nib-nah, i've called my boss a poopie head or a meanie on several occasions.

*hugs for those who've had a crappy day or those who've had a great day or anyone who might want a hug*

Arfurido

Quote:
Jeppe

Arfurido: WOW! nice avatar! i haven't met one who read that comic for nine years! (except my sisters...)

We had a talk about the comic before you joined the forum, and it turnes out his name is "Hoppanouli" or something in finnish. Quite enjoyable!

Zebula77

Is that from 'Sølvpilen', Anne?

Arfurido

Quote:
Zebula77

Is that from 'Sølvpilen', Anne?

Aiai!

Zebula77

Cool. Read some ages ago. I remember thinking Månestråle was pretty, heh.

Arfurido

Quote:
Zebula77

Cool. Read some ages ago. I remember thinking Månestråle was pretty, heh.

Big surprise...

I thought she was pretty cool because she had that little puma cat. And it was cool that she got to kick some ass too. But I liked Sølvpilen better because of his ability to always act right and be a hero. You know, he always knew what to do, and he was fond of horses. And he was friends with all the other indians too, I liked that... the Falk guy, however, seemed a bit sissy compared to Sølvpilen *laughs*

Jeppe

[quote="Arfurido"]

Quote:
Zebula77

and he was fond of horses.

Grin

Arfurido

What, I like horses!!!!! Yeah I do...

Hey, have you seen the clips from the "Alexander" movie? I mean, that black horse he is riding.... HALLELUJAH I WANT THAT HORSE!!!! It's GORGEOUS!

Arfurido

THE STORY OF ALEXANDER AND BUCEPHALUS

Bucephalus was Alexander's horse throughout most of his career. Some horse traders had brought this magnificent animal to King Philip and offered him for sale, but no man could ride him. The traders were taking Bucephalus away when Alexander remarked that it was a shame to lose such a fine horse just because no one knew the right way to manage him. Philip at first ignored the boy, but Alexander persisted. Finally Philip said: "Do you presume to criticize those who are older than you, as if you knew more, and could do better?" Alexander boldly declared that he would ride the horse, and everyone laughed. He bet the price of the horse, and got the chance to try.

Alexander had noticed that Bucephalus was afraid of his own shadow, so he turned the horse to face the sun and settled him down, then walked him in that direction for a while, stroking him whenever he became eager and fiery. Suddenly, Alexander jumped on his back and drew in the bridle gently, but firmly, until all rebelliousness was gone. Then he let Bucephalus go at full speed, urging him on with a commanding voice.

Alexander's father and the others looked on nervously until they saw Alexander turn at the end of his run and come back in triumph. "Oh my son," said King Philip with tears in his eyes, "find yourself a kingdom equal to and worthy of yourself, for Macedonia is too little for you."

Jeppe

Quote:
Arfurido

What, I like horses!!!!! Yeah I do...

Hey, have you seen the clips from the "Alexander" movie? I mean, that black horse he is riding.... HALLELUJAH I WANT THAT HORSE!!!! It's GORGEOUS!

Yeah, It's beautiful and has that blacky appearance! (sorry about my english! :oops: ) It's the first horse i've actually wanted to sit on! :D

LordDarkhan

yeah that is a beautiful horse.....

Arfurido

It looks like it's got great character as well... did any of you see "Hidalgo"? That horse was great, it really was his movie! Same with the black horse in "The black stallion", he was pretty "in character".

But the best animal in a movie... has to be one of the little pigs they used in "Babe". You know, the one that all of a sudden looked so big because they used him for an extra week Grin He was just great... I love pigs and dogs... there is something about their friendly and humourus eyes.

Zebula77

Know how you feel - I have zero tolerance for problems of the computer kind. I just get pissed off right away, heh.

goldenelfchild

From the previews I've seen of "Alexander", I think the horse he rides (the grey one) is probably an Andulusian, the black one is definatley a Fresian. The horse that was in "Hidalgo" (the main one anyway) was a Quarter Horse cross and the horse that was in the "Black Stallion" was an Arabian.

Sorry if I seem a bit of a know-it-all, I ride and train horses for a living. Wink

Zebula77

You should talk to Anne. She loves horses too. :D

Bloodwake

Camels scare me :/ they're... huge. Surprised they brought one to my school once. Wow. Surprised

Rainedancer

Camels!!! camels are cool!!
But zwoots are better!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Elyon

To bad that you can't bring a real zwoot to your school or work Grin

stardreamer

Quote:
Kindredsoul

*throwing monitor out window!!* :x grrrrrr

I thought you hated your puter.. what did your monitor do wrong.. aw.. poor monitor.. :( :'(

Elyon

The monitor was trown out because he showed the blue screen the computer made Wink I would be mad to!!

stardreamer

aw.. poor monitor..
it aint fair.. just because he shows what other tell him to show.. he has to be trown out of the window.. :'(
... I might have done the same to...:roll:

Elyon

[quote:5efe10bc25]aw.. poor monitor..
it aint fair.. just because he shows what other tell him to show.. he has to be trown out of the window.. :'(
... I might have done the same to...[/quote:5efe10bc25]

If someone tells you to hurt a person and you would do it. The person who you hurt would be mad at you because you executed it and not on the person who told you to do so. Wink sorry being a big smartass right now :roll:

stardreamer

Quote:
Elyon

[quote:511e66d35d]aw.. poor monitor..
... I might have done the same to...

If someone tells you to hurt a person and you would do it. The person who you hurt would be mad at you because you executed it and not on the person who told you to do so. Wink sorry being a big smartass right now :roll: [/quote:511e66d35d]
hehe thats OK..
I would properly take them both..
btw.. this does remind me of that question Winnowill askt Cutter in the blue mountain. :roll:

Elyon

Arrrg can't recall what is was anymore pleaaasse tell me what the question was :(

Zebula77

Quote:
IceTooth

Will not make joke....argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin

Hold your tongue, you dirty git! Grin

stardreamer

Quote:
Elyon

Arrrg can't recall what is was anymore pleaaasse tell me what the question was :(

about strongbow killed that eagle..
a animal for an animal is a fair traid.. aint it?
Strongbow killed that eagle so he has to give his wolf for it instead..

Elyon

Ahh now I remember. Yes thats kind off the same thing there.

LordDarkhan

I always thought that was a fair end to the situation.

Elyon

Noo I totaly disagree. Its not fair at all. He didn't know it was a bond beast Stronbow only thought fooooodd yummy big chicken.

stardreamer

yup. he was only thinkin bout enough food to feed the group..

Elyon

O I just got the strange vision seeing winnowil eat strongbows wolf just out of revenge Grin

LordDarkhan

[quote:09c0c9e4b7]Noo I totaly disagree. Its not fair at all. He didn't know it was a bond beast Stronbow only thought fooooodd yummy big chicken.[/quote:09c0c9e4b7]

Rofl@ big chicken.

Well I was like only sounds fair....Suntop told him not to kill it. Strongbow is just hard headed, he should have listened.. Yeah now I really do think that what winnowill offered was fair. "it is only just"

stardreamer

Quote:
Elyon

O I just got the strange vision seeing winnowil eat strongbows wolf just out of revenge Grin

Surprised
Iam realy glad that its just a strange vision.. :roll:

LordDarkhan

It might taste good if seasoned right..lol

Elyon

ROFL Grin

Elyon

If a kid told you the same thing and you would be in his place would you listen to a kid that age just because it doen't feel right to him. (talking about humans)

LivietheLurker

Quote:
LordDarkhan

[quote:65c350ef62]Noo I totaly disagree. Its not fair at all. He didn't know it was a bond beast Stronbow only thought fooooodd yummy big chicken.

Rofl@ big chicken.

Well I was like only sounds fair....Suntop told him not to kill it. Strongbow is just hard headed, he should have listened.. Yeah now I really do think that what winnowill offered was fair. "it is only just"[/quote:65c350ef62]

I hope that was irony LordDarkhan, 'cause otherwise you're basically saying that if you had a dog, and somebody accidentally ran over it, you would say to them: "I get to kill your dog, a life for a life is only fair." It's the same principle. And as for Suntop telling Strongbow not to shoot, he only yelled "No! He mustn't shoot that bird!" more or less in the instant that Strongbow let loose the arrow.

LordDarkhan

No that is really how I feel.. For the times the elves dwelled in, and seeing as how none of them were children, and one persons mount is dead, yet the other still has their mount. I would feel that is only fair..

---Yeah I am being a little harsh, I just truly hate strongbow. If it was any other elf, I would not feel that way.. but being its the archer.. A LIFE FOR A LIFE IS ONLY JUST.

But i honestly feel if one of the gliders killed his mount, he would be ready to kill one of theirs.. that is something that I will not waver on.. so i think that is fair-- for this particular situation.

Bloodwake

Quote:
Kindredsoul

Isn't it past your bed time for a school night?

Btw, camels are cute! Wink

Hold on while I fix my Timezone :P

krwordgazer

Quote:
LordDarkhan

No that is really how I feel.. For the times the elves dwelled in, and seeing as how none of them were children, and one persons mount is dead, yet the other still has their mount. I would feel that is only fair..

---Yeah I am being a little harsh, I just truly hate strongbow. If it was any other elf, I would not feel that way.. but being its the archer.. A LIFE FOR A LIFE IS ONLY JUST.

But i honestly feel if one of the gliders killed his mount, he would be ready to kill one of theirs.. that is something that I will not waver on.. so i think that is fair-- for this particular situation.

But there is a difference, Darkhan. To the Gliders, the birds were only mounts. To the elves, the wolves were, in a sense, family. Leetah was right-- to kill a wolf-friend was not that different from killing one's own child.

And how does killing Strongbow's wolf-friend bring Kureel's bird back, or do anything good for the Gliders to make up for what was done? Restitution is much better than revenge, which is all that would have been. Cutter had a much better idea-- to hunt for Kureel to make up for the loss, until his next bird was ready to hunt. That's restitution.

And doesn't intent matter at all? Strongbow killed the bird unknowingly. To knowingly kill his wolf in return is not just or fair.

Since you hate Strongbow so much, I would say you're biased as a judge in this situation, wouldn't you? Since you admitted that you'd do it to Strongbow but no one else, if this were a real court case and you were the judge, you'd have to excuse yourself for personal bias! Grin

LivietheLurker

There's also the fact that killing Briarsting because Strongbow screwed up really isn't very fair to Briarsting. A wolf may be 'only' an animal, but that doesn't mean it's a unit that can just be disposed of.

LordDarkhan

[quote:0b0cae095d]And how does killing Strongbow's wolf-friend bring Kureel's bird back, or do anything good for the Gliders to make up for what was done[/quote:0b0cae095d]

It doesnt but it may make him feel better..

[quote:0b0cae095d]Restitution is much better than revenge[/quote:0b0cae095d]
Well that is a matter of opnion and varies person to person, or elf to elf i shoud say

[quote:0b0cae095d]There's also the fact that killing Briarsting because Strongbow screwed up really isn't very fair to Briarsting[/quote:0b0cae095d]
Well life isnt always fair. Accident or not it wasnt very fair to the hawk that was slain either.

Just like our death penalty, you take a life, you can have yours ended up being taken..To some people restitution is makes them feel better, to others a life for a life is only fair.... its just all so subjective.

dreamwalker

How to argue an eye for an eye case? I actually did not support the killing of Briarsting, because Strongbow's action was not done with malice. And, upon learning of the erroneous killing, restitution was offered. I believe Kureel pushed the issue, not because of the loss of his hawk, but his distain for the Wolfriders. Cutter's solution was far more amicable to resolving the issue at hand.

LordDarkhan

[quote:00dcf26dba]Cutter's solution was far more amicable to resolving the issue at hand.[/quote:00dcf26dba]

Yeah to him and his tribe.. But probably not to the gliders. This debate can go round and round and round... but in the end its always just going to be what you think is right.. i do not think there is a right and a wrong here.. only what u believe or feel or how you were brought up.

Nibblet

RANT NUMBER TWO......COMING UP

Aaaaarrrggh. Why do men insist on lying to you? Even when they've been found out? Even when you have ultimate proof? Even when you confront them with it? Even when the proof you have is staring right back at them? It would be a lot easier if he was straight with me in the first place. Arsehole. Bastard. And many more things that I'm thinking but too nice to write on here. Too nice for my own bloody good.

*sigh* I don't feel any better. I'm going home now to be by myself. Men suck. I'm going to become a nun.

stardreamer

wow.. sorry to hear..

hmm. her we have defo someone who needs a pillowfight to loose some steam.. :roll:

*hands over a pillow*
*turns the stereo on 10*
yup that is right.. that is Helloween you hear.. (I want out)

Nibblet

*Grabs pillow*
*Thwacks a certain someone with the aforementioned object*
*Sounds of stuff breaking follows*
Oh, crap. It burst. There's feathers all over the office.

stardreamer

thats OK..
*hands over another pillow* ;)

stardreamer

Quote:
Kindredsoul

Surprised * handing Niblett a gift .....opens to find dartboard and very sharp darts....just attach picture*

better watch out with giving her sharp darts and so..
she might gonna hurt someone by accident with them.. :roll:

stardreamer

Quote:
Kindredsoul

*handing Stardreamer body armor* Grin

Hope it fits dear. Now she can throw freely Wink

thats true.. but I can't help of giving more comfort to not wearing such a thing.. :roll:
well its for a good thing.. isn't ;)
*tries to move*
*puth one feed in front of him*
*looses balance*
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
*PAF*
*lays on the floor.. wondering how he will get up*
You know how much such an armor weights..
:roll:

Elyon

[quote:8a243ffb51]*handing Stardreamer body armor* [/quote:8a243ffb51] I would still be a bit nervous because you'll be seeing darts flying around like feathers and they would still fly towards you and hit you only then on the armor. And the idead that your pic would hang there is nervbreaking Surprised

krwordgazer

Wow, Nibblet, I'm so sorry the guy turned out to be a jerk. Hope throwing darts at Stardreamer helps!

Stardreamer-- you're a hero now! :D

Elyon

*ROFL* I meant imagin your pic hanging there and a agry girl trowing darts at it

stardreamer

Quote:
krwordgazer

Wow, Nibblet, I'm so sorry the guy turned out to be a jerk. Hope throwing darts at Stardreamer helps!

Stardreamer-- you're a hero now! :D

at me Surprised
hey.. I can see stars now..
hey everything is turning black
:roll:

Elyon

Not dead again ain't you Surprised

Zebula77

Well, you know what to do then, Elyon. Wink

Elyon

Mmm I think he just fainted by the idea of just trowing darts at him. Wink He will wake up :D well I hope that he will Surprised

Zebula77

Might need a little help, though.

Elyon

*Gets a big bucket of water* :twisted:

stardreamer

I think I rather preffer to be awake by a kiss then by water... :roll: but well since Iam the one that needs to be awake I gues I don't have any vote in it.. :roll:

Elyon

[quote:b49f18e030]Zebula wrote:Well, you know what to do then, Elyon.[/quote:b49f18e030]
[quote:b49f18e030]Stardreamer wrote: I think I rather preffer to be awake by a kiss then by water... but well since Iam the one that needs to be awake I gues I don't have any vote in it.. [/quote:b49f18e030]

*Thinks for a moment* :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
*Trows the bucket of water to zeb* *Gives Star a small kiss to wake him up again :oops: * *looks grinning at zeb* sorry Wink didn't know what to do with the water Are you oke now Bart :roll:

stardreamer

*awakes ... again*
*looks at Elyon*
did you do that again??
thanx.. I realy own you one :)
*looks at Tom*
hey.. why are you so wet???
does it rain outside??

Elyon

Quote:
stardreamer

*awakes ... again*
*looks at Elyon*
did you do that again??
thanx.. I realy own you one :)
*looks at Tom*
hey.. why are you so wet???
does it rain outside??

Bart I think i'm just going to run and hide for a moment...give me a call when tom's gone ok..

stardreamer

Quote:
Elyon

Bart I think i'm just going to run and hide for a moment...give me a call when tom's gone ok..

*looks at above to see what happend*
ha.. OK.. I understand.. I let you know when its save 8)
Need a supersoocker in case he finds you?

Elyon

Yeees I think i'm going to need one i'm not that good at hiding Wink

stardreamer

*hands over a supersoocker to Elyon*
Its loaded already 8)

Zebula77

Haha, someone's gonna get wet! :twisted:

Oh, wait! Sorry that could be misinterpreted. I meant from a bucket of water, of course, heh. Wink

And what the hell is a Supersucker anyway?!? :?

stardreamer

Quote:
Zebula77

And what the hell is a Supersucker anyway?!? :?

A verry big watergun.. :twisted: so you better watch out.. because the big once can carry a whole bucket of water.. :roll:

Zebula77

Oh, one of those. Ok, cool. But I'm already wet, hehe.

stardreamer

That is true..
so.. are you gonna payback Elyon??

ow.. btw.. here is a picture.. 8) hehe.. I wish those where mine.. :roll:

Elyon

*Show head from behind a wall*

No zeb's not going to do that :roll:

*Graps all supersoakers and hides again*

stardreamer

Surprised all of them..
whoow.. Zeb is not gonna be dry for the rest of the year.. if he is gonna try to payback you.. :roll:

Elyon

The only bad things is I don't have any water on my hiding spot. I just took them because zeb can't use them if he doens't have one Wink

stardreamer

well just let me know when you need some water.. I'll see what I can do then ;)

Elyon

I'm more afraid about what zeb is going to do Surprised He's so quiet right now. I know it he's making somekind of evil plan

stardreamer

indeed he is waaaaay to quiet... :?

Elyon

*looks around the corner* Whaa i'm getting so nervous where did he go. And why is he so quiet I just can't stand it anymore.

*duck away behind the wall and starts diggin a hole to protect herself*

Zebula77

:twisted:
And here I am! *splashing both Elyon and Bart and laughing hysterically* :twisted:

Elyon

Whaaaa *tries to run away to get water but slips on the wet floor*

stardreamer

Quote:
Zebula77

:twisted:
And here I am! *splashing both Elyon and Bart and laughing hysterically* :twisted:

OK Partner now you got war... :twisted:
get a whole packet of Flour (well that is what my dictionary calls meel) and spread it all over Tom..
whahahahahahaha.. you looking like a Ghost now.. and all sticky.. hahahahahaha..

*Helps Elyon to stand up.. *
time to search for a better hideout

NEXT PAGE