ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Do any of you have pets?

Brighteyes

So, I just thought it would be fun to see what kind of pets you all like...
I guess I will be the fist to show you my pets... Wink

I keep ferrets, they are a wonderfull pet to have and they give me alot of joy! They are happy, playful, funny and sometimes make a mess... They always find a way to leave my things all over.. carkeys, creditcard and money... I have to look everywhere!
But I do love them!!!

This is Fia(4) she's the oldest and I find her sleeping all over the house:

Here is Baltus(2 1/2), he's mommy's big boy and loves a nap in my lap:

And this is Buffy(5mnd) my sweet little baby who likes to take a bite of my ears(ouch) and has a lot of energy to play hehe..:

Hope you enjoyed!
And i'm looking forward to see some of your pets!

Love, Brighteyes

Teejay

I have a rabbit, cute I likem but he's boring and dumb, still likem though Wink I'd prefer to have a cat or a dog, but as long as I live with my parents those aren't comming in the house.
and ferrets cute but one bit me once :? he was likking my arm and aparently the taste was gone, so he bit me :x oh well it wasn't very hard Wink still cute :D

same rabbit but younger, his name is basje
sorry if their a bit big

Arfurido

These are the two dogs living at my mother's house. The one to the right is a male named Gustav, and he is actually my dog. (He's my most valuable item I believe :P) The little one on the left is named Bella and is a very pretty little girl.

They both are Welsh Corgi Pembrokes, "large personalities in small bodies". They are originally from Wales and was used (yes! that's right!) for herding cattle. Each family would have a flock of these little dogs, and they would chase the cattle by biting the cow's feet. As a result of this, they are very active dogs who loves a real challenge, they have strong bites (you know what I mean) and can turn really fast. They are also very fast for their short legs. They were bred to be small to be able to duck when the cattle kicked at them.

Another funny thing is that they were believed to be the little people/ underground people/ ELVES working animals, because they still have "marks" on their bodies from the reins and things the elves used on them when they were working.

Anyway, pretty cute, eh?

Teejay

aaawgh soooo cute Wink :D

Brighteyes

aaawwww.... :D

Teejay:That rabbit is gourgius!! Dont think about getting a Ferret while you have a Rabbit...
It would sooon be dinner!!!!!
It's their favourit!!!!!

Arfurido: They are soo cute! I love dogs, I had a Rottweiler once, but it died of cancer.. still mizz him so!!!

LordDarkhan

[quote:ab9824e3f4]I keep ferrets, they are a wonderfull pet to have and they give me alot of joy[/quote:ab9824e3f4]

They are sooooo cute . I love ferrets... You know they are actually illegal to keep as pets in teh state of california.

LivietheLurker

I have two Exotic persian cats, Fancy and Cider. There used to be a picture of them and me on page 31 of the thread What do you look like? But it seems to have disappeared. Unhappy Unhappy

Rainedancer

I have a cat called Sophie, dont have a photo but she is a grey long hair
and very pretty!!! :D
A neighbour of mine use to have ferrets, they are soooo cool!! :P
I relly wanna rat :D

scarlettdoll

We're becoming those crazy cat people but they keep showing up and we can't let them starve so now we got 5 cats. 3 stay outside all times. One is black and white (Nell) and the two sisters are solid black (roxanne) and Two-Percent is solide white.

We 'adopted' a new one lately and she's gotta stay inside til she's big enough to hold her own with the other cats. But I am ready for her to be an outside cat. She's BAD! (cute tho)

That's Minuat
and this one is my baby, Smeagol. He gets to come in when he wants cuz he's my 'precious'.

Bloodwake

I've got a parakeet named Sandy, and a Lovebird named Lily. Then my sister up in Washington state has a fat blue parakeet named Bob.

I had 3 rabbits at a time a few years ago, but 2 got killed by 4 giant dogs that broke into our yard (crushed one, and the other ran away and hid in a hole, was found like a week later starved... Unhappy ) Since then, I really hate giant dogs. Gave the last one to a neighbor, so hes probably still alive.

Blackfell1

We had 4 cats but we lost our eldest in July due to Liver cancer. He was around 18 years.

This our angel Sphinx who passed on in July.

This is our newest member Baby who we found in our car's tire well. A really sweet girl. She's about 4 months.

This is Kuce. She is our reigning alpha cat at the moment and companion to Sphinx. She is about 12 years.

This is Ninja. He's about 4 years and was a former stray that became a real attention hog. He came to our care a week before Sphinx passed on.

Hopefully we will be able to get a dog someday since the whole family loves both dogs and cats the same.

Zebula77

Andrea: Awww, that pic of the cat sleeping in your arms - very nice. They just look so peaceful when they're sleeping. I can almost hear the purrrring.

And that Smeagol cat looks very proud indeed. Like, 'what are you looking at?!?'

WhiteTiger

God I love cats..They are so charismtic!
That liitle cuties in your arms is adorable!

I have a 21 year old black cat named Addson (as in david Addison from moonlighting)...he's starting to look like mr.burns a bit.
Hell he acts like mr burns.
Smithers! Feed Me!
Smithers! Pet Me!
Smithers! Walk Me!
Smithers! Feed Me!

(Yes I said feed me twice...)

Zebula77

21 years old?!? I think that's the oldest cat I've ever heard of! Surprised

WhiteTiger

Ya...hes pretty freaky old...oldest cat I ever heard was 33 1/2 Surprised

Zebula77

Holy crap! What kind are they? Most cats don't live much longer than like 14 or 15, tops.

Elyon

Quote:
White Tiger

Ya...hes pretty freaky old...oldest cat I ever heard was 33 1/2 Surprised

tell me what wonder elixer you use to keep the cats alive for that long. My oldest cat was like 18 but 33 Surprised HOW DO YOU DO THAT :?

LivietheLurker

Scarlett and Blackfell1 - you have the lovliest kitties! I wanna give them big hugs and endless stroking sessions!

Zebula77

'Stroking sessions'? Surprised

Hold your tongue, Tom, hold your tongue! *holds his mouth shut with both hands*

WhiteTiger

Addison is the worlds most spoiled cat...the end
I cannot describe how much loving he gets
constant attention..
He has some really bad arthretis now ad can't jump up.
I'll find a couple of pics of him so you can see for yourselves

LivietheLurker

Quote:
Zebula77

'Stroking sessions'? Surprised

Hold your tongue, Tom, hold your tongue! *holds his mouth shut with both hands*

Yes Tom, you dirty tom. Hold your tongue.

Zebula77

Ok, I will. :)
Some of the terms you use are very umm, easy to be tempted by, hehe.

I'll show restraint, though. This time! :twisted:

Elyon

Heheheh well well when will the next time be :roll:

Zebula77

Heh, the next time will be the next time. I can only hold my tongue for so long, you know.

Brighteyes

Quote:
IceTooth

Great pictures! Ferrets are illegal in CA...however a lot of people still have them around. I had a roommate in college who had one...and it crapped, sprayed and ate everything and everywhere in sight! Horrible creatures... :x Evil Grin

Guess this rommate of yours didn't know how to train them, cus mine have not "sprayed" once, and they don't eat anything but ther food and treats... when it comes to "crapping" everywhere, they will do that if I forget to set out the toilet for them though ( In corners)... So I guess he was a little unlucky... Wink

Brighteyes

hehehe.... now thats funny!!!!! Grin Grin Grin
Thank God my ferrets are not that crazy!!! hehe...
they just hide stuff.... thats bad enough though, when your off to work
(5 min late offcurse) then cant find your keyes!!! aaarrrrrrhhhh!!!

What can you tell your boss?
"sorry i'm late, my ferrets stole my carkeyes :oops: "!!!!???

does not sound right, does it! hehe....
But I do love them dearly anyway!
Nughty little ferballs....

scarlettdoll

Yeah, the calico looks sweet and cute cuz she's sleeping. If my camera could run at a fast enough speed, I'd take a pic when she's awake and spazzing and destroying everything! She is so BAD! She is really the worst-behaved cat i've ever had.

Yep, Smeagol is a prince and he knows it!

I am actually starting to think better of dogs now that i've got all these cats! Grin Cept I hate dog slobber.

nomad-human

I am the scary pet lady in my building. I rescue all the strays I come across, bring them to the vets and get them spayed/neutered, get their shots and the like. Though I'd love to keep the doggies, my building doesn't allow them.....so I bring them over to my friend's pet adoption agency. I if anyone's looking for a pet, and lives on the west coast of the U.S. I can supply the url for you.

Anyway my menagerie consists of three cats, all rescues. The oldest is a hermapodite (has a complete set of both sexes genitals) named Duo, an attention whore male named Pooka, and a little black female kitten named Ceilican. Duo is a black and tan shorthaired cat, Pooka is an orange shorthaired tabby and Ceilican is shiny all black, also shorthaired.

Then I have two iguans, both rescues, named Isis and Osiris. The tank full of fish aren't named.

krwordgazer

Gee, all the cute pets!

Sounds like a good contribution to society, Nomad!

I have two cats, Trinket (yes, named after the spoiled troll girl!), and Bandit, who adopted us this summer. Trinket is a calico with tiger stripes on her legs. Bandit is a male (yes, they're both fixed), white and gray, with "mask" marking on his face -- hence the name. They are finally starting to really get along. . .

Blackbird

Have a Beautiful (?) Cat called Pio Bin Laden, or that is his nickname, mum has another name for him, but thats not important.. Grin He is big, fuzzy, orange, half perser ( think that is the english name?) and he is MEAN!! Gotta love a cat with personality you can recognize Wink Just like me..hehe

Blackfell1

Quote:
Livie the Lurker

Scarlett and Blackfell1 - you have the lovliest kitties! I wanna give them big hugs and endless stroking sessions!

Thanks Livie. :) I'll pass on to them your compliments and hugs. :) But I'd shy away from the endless stroking sessions though. They don't love that much attention. Grin

LivietheLurker

Blackbird, the english name is "persian". So he's almost like my two little darlings. Fancy is a tortoiseshell Exotic Persian, and Cider is a Creme Tabby Exotic Persian.

Blackbird

Right, I knew that :? Persian! What about "Skogkatt", what is that?

CrossBlade

I have a Begel named Ty(its really Tyleet but she just looks at me like Im a dumbass when I call her by her whole name...LOL) My roomates have a St Banard named Leim. Ill try to get some pics of them.

Nibblet

I've got a little silver grey tabby. She's two years old and likes to live half-way up my living room curtains. We have to un-hook her at regular intervals. My curtains now have a very attractive perforated look to them. :?

scarlettdoll

Nibblet-we call that 'ventilation'. Tell everyone that its' chic and perfect for those hot summer days. :D

LivietheLurker

Quote:
Blackbird

Norwegian Forest Cat.

chocolate!

I have two dogs, one teckel named sophie, one bastard (or well I hope you call it like that?) called sieka.
I have a rabbit of my own called Angel. Mybrother has two rats called lilo and stitch.
And we have a ginny pig named mickey :D

Nibblet

Quote:
scarlettdoll

Nibblet-we call that 'ventilation'. Tell everyone that its' chic and perfect for those hot summer days. :D

Ventilaton. I like it!! And you could say it's a security device. You can spy on whoever comes to your house without twitching the curtains. They'll never know you're in so you can hide easier!!

Blackbird

Quote:
Livie the Lurker

Quote:
Blackbird

Norwegian Forest Cat.

Ok :)

krwordgazer

Quote:
chocolate!

I have two dogs, one teckel named sophie, one bastard (or well I hope you call it like that?) called sieka.
I have a rabbit of my own called Angel. Mybrother has two rats called lilo and stitch.
And we have a ginny pig named mickey :D

"Mongrel" is the English word for a dog of mixed parentage. :)

You have a lot of pets, Chocolate! Sounds fun!

We have mini-blinds, not curtains, but my two cats have broken sections of the slats off almost all of them so they can sit in the windows and look out (nowadays we keep the blinds raised a bit when we're out, so that won't happen!) And they've shredded our couch. Oh well. Love them anyway.

MidnightSong87

I've got a cat named Mushu and three rabbits: two black ones named Sheena and Cleopatra (Cleo for short) and a orange-ish one name Honey (who hates me with a passion).

There's also a stray cat that hangs outside our door. We give it food, but it won't let us touch it. I call it Chi-Chiri. I'm trying to tame it, but the best I've managed is to get it to at least stay on the porch when I open the door. It takes off the moment I move towards it though.

scarlettdoll

those wild cats take a long time to tame but once you do... Roxanne (outside cat) wouldn't let anyone near her for the longst time but now she LOVES my mom and likes me ok and wants petting alllll the time!

nomad-human

Martin's smiling for the camera!! That is way too cute.

My fave is Timmain however.

Bloodwake

I have pet birds (one lovebird one parakeet) I'll have pictures later :o

nomad-human

Give her big hugs and tummy rubs from me. Oh I want to pet her so bad.

I need a doggie! But I'm not allowed to have one at my apartment... :(

dreamwalker

Kin your pups are all so cute and no need to try and explain "pookey bear". It seems to fit him, may just be his soul name. Grin

nomad-human

It's official Kin, you've read too much EQ!!

LivietheLurker

You have the loveliest pack, Kindred!

nomad-human

I think I'm going to have to post pics of my "Pride".

chocolate!

Quote:
krwordgazer

"Mongrel" is the English word for a dog of mixed parentage. :)

You have a lot of pets, Chocolate! Sounds fun!

Thank you, and it is. :D
Here are some pictures!
[/img]

stardreamer

is that the rabbit of the tv kabel of your puter :roll:

chocolate!

yup it is! :) After I did his hair!

stardreamer

you did his hear??
what did you do?? cut it? :roll:
or just euh.. kam it.. (darn english.. I need a dictionary :roll:)

chocolate!

Quote:
stardreamer

you did his hear??
what did you do?? cut it? :roll:
or just euh.. kam it.. (darn english.. I need a dictionary :roll:)

Kam = comb
hear = hair!
And I told you that after he bit the cable, his hair was all fuzzy? Well, before he goes on a picture I indeed had to comb his hair! Grin

stardreamer

thanx for the translation :roll:

haha.. yeah.. I know you told that.. haha.. could be that you did a haircut to .. LOL you never know :roll: I heard weirder things :roll:

chocolate!

ghehe, Then it would be like I gave my rabbit a haircut, washed his hair with extra lotion, dyed it --> New color. Make-up, combed the last bits and then took the picture!
No, I'm not THAT crazy!

stardreamer

your not?? *looks suprised now* :P
gheghe.. LOL Just kidding :roll:

chocolate!

stardreamer

hehe.. lovely smiles

chocolate!

Quote:
stardreamer

hehe.. lovely smiles

thanks, you also have a nice one! Wink

stardreamer

yup :)

chocolate!

Yeah! could be fun!
She's very playfull, only a year old soo..
:)

Teejay

got any pics of this doxin thingie, I'm curious now

chocolate!

on the previous site TJ!! Wink

Teejay

whoops :oops: sorry, I saw it now, those are real cute pics.
Me, I gots me a rabbit, boring old git, but I love em either way Grin

chocolate!

Quote:
Kindredsoul

Ya know what's wierd! Surprised I used to have rabbits when I was a kid and played with them all the time!
Then when I turned 19 and was working in a pet store, I developed a severe allergic reaction to them! I end up in the emergency room! Surprised
Really weird :?

Well, I heard that when you play to much with a rabbit and are around it all the time or at least have his hairs on it: then you can get allergic. It''s like an overdose! It works the same with other things.

Firya

I have 3 ferrets:
Nero almost 4 years old sable hob:

Funky, almost 4 years old silver jill:

and Satan (yup, its his name, but he doesnt really deserve it) almost 3 years old silver hob:

dreamwalker

Poor Kin! Bunnies are sooo cute. You should check out Cat's Bunny of the Month Club http://www.morbidtendencies.com/botmc-details.html

One of my fav's is

dreamwalker

Your 3 babies are adorable Firya! Do they have your eyes? Grin

Firya

I dont know where they got their dark eyes from, i got blue eyess Grin

You guys have beautilful pets! I want a cat so bad, but i guess 3 ferrets is enough for now.. sigh... I cuddle the cats at work all the time! (work at a veterinary clinic)

dreamwalker

Cats can be snuggly...but, the ferrets may get jealous if they knew you were giving snuggles to another! A friend of mine has ferrets and they are so sweet. You cover up with a blanket and watch some TV and before you know it there are all these little warm bodies snuggling with you, too!

Brighteyes

Quote:
Firya

I dont know where they got their dark eyes from, i got blue eyess Grin

You guys have beautilful pets! I want a cat so bad, but i guess 3 ferrets is enough for now.. sigh... I cuddle the cats at work all the time! (work at a veterinary clinic)

They are gorgious!!!!!

I love them! they would bee good playmates for mine... If i lived in Oslo that is....... :roll:

CrossBlade

heres my Beagle, Tyleet. we call her Ty tho.

LordDarkhan

Just got a pet yesterday... His name is "Rhett".....He is a beagle mix... got him frm some rescue....he is extremely spoiled. But he is adjusting well.

http://www.trixieandpeanut.com

great dog and cat site.. neat collars and leashes.

Firya

dreamwalker: my ferrets arent snuggly, so they wouldnt have anything to be jealous about! they're too playful to let me cudle them :roll:

Brighteyes: Hamar, that is ;) Funky would kick some Buffy ass!

Cross Blade: Wow! Ty even got the right color for the name :D

Brighteyes

Quote:
Firya

dreamwalker: my ferrets arent snuggly, so they wouldnt have anything to be jealous about! they're too playful to let me cudle them :roll:

Brighteyes: Hamar, that is ;) Funky would kick some Buffy ass!

Cross Blade: Wow! Ty even got the right color for the name :D

hehehe.... oki, Hamar... same thing for me :roll:

I guess Funky would... Buffy's really gone quiet latly....
(kansje hun føler på seg at hun skal steriliseres snart?) hmm....

Firya

Naah, she's just growing up :) Kits are always high and low, but Buffy is turning into an adult now, + its winter, and winter = sleepy ferrets.

Magela_earth

now I'm going to cry. I miss my puppy. OMG I really am crying and i'm at work, bad. haha. I had to put her down almost ago. She was my baby, she's gone, *cries* I'll post some pics when I get home. BUT i have my kitty, I'll post some pics of him too, and he's my budd. He loves to fight, I'm thinking of calling him Broken Ear from now on, cus his ear is all choppy looking now, he always comes home with them bleeding (and he's got NO claws.... my mean mommy), anyways so him and I wrestle something mad. He's kinda tempramental with everyone, but he loves me so it's all good, Louavi always says that we're like The Odd Couple or something, haha.

scarlettdoll

*hugs Magela* I know. I still miss Smeagol alot.

LordDarkhan--i thought you didn't like dogs? I think i can guess where the name came from. Grin Yup, we need to see pics.

LordDarkhan

I actually dont like dogs, but i saw this one, and i was like awwww its cute, and it liked me, so i picked it....I should have pics of him by this weekend.

nomad-human

I knew you were a softie Andre!! :P

Zebula77

Was there ever any doubt? Wink

nomad-human

*nudges Tom*

Psst...I think we've got him figured out. Muahahaha... :twisted:

LordDarkhan

Ive always been a nice guy...I just say what I feel and that offends a lot of people..........well anyway 8) .....here is............

"Rhett"

scarlettdoll

OMG!! S/He is so freakin cute!! Ok, when i next pass thru Arizona, i'm gonna eat at Alice Cooper's restaurant and steal your puppy! Grin

LordDarkhan

Rhett will not let you steal him.. Hes a weird dog.. u notice how hes laying with his back legs stretched out....well he crawls across the floor with his front two legs, letting those back ones drag.

stardreamer

well since we have a pet (cat)..I thought lets post a pict.. haha. kinda hard to find a pict of it on the internet.. I might have to scan some..
although I have already found one

this one..
she looks kinda dead in it.. but ow wel.. she getting old.. so :roll:

lets see if I can find some more picts.. :roll:

other one :)
haha.. after 3 picts she kinda had enough of pose.. I think :roll:

chocolate!

Nice cat! How old is she? What's her name?
On the first pic she looks cute! :)

stardreamer

hehe.. ow.. I forget.. :roll:

let me see.. here name is Miepje.
she is euh.. somewhere between 10 and 15 years.. (more to 15)
Not sure how much.. have to ask my sis.. she knows :) :roll:

chocolate!

Quote:
stardreamer

hehe.. ow.. I forget.. :roll:

let me see.. here name is Miepje.
she is euh.. somewhere between 10 and 15 years.. (more to 15)
Not sure how much.. have to ask my sis.. she knows :) :roll:

Hehe, nice name, very dutch!

Teejay

aaawwww so cute

stardreamer

Quote:
chocolate!

:D yeah.. I know..
remeber that kinder voor kinderen song? :roll: Grin

thanx Teejay

chocolate!

Quote:
stardreamer

Quote:
chocolate!

:D yeah.. I know..
remeber that kinder voor kinderen song? :roll: Grin

Ehr, no. Wich one? :?

stardreamer

euh.. I think its called Miepje about that cat called miepje :roll: Grin

chocolate!

hehe, nope dunno that song. Was your cat called after that song? Grin

stardreamer

you don't know it??

hmm.. let me check..

Quote:
Miepje from Kinderen voor Kinderen

Mijn Miepie heeft een vogel opgegeten
Nou ja, gegeten niet, maar wel vermoord
't Was me nog niet eerder overkomen
't Is 's nachts gebeurd en ik heb niks gehoord.

Mijn Miepie lijkt zo lief en zo zachtmoedig
Maar soms is-ie een rover en een kreng
Hij krijgt van mij toch echt genoeg te eten
Dat dooie lijkje, zo ontzettend eng.

Waarom doen poezen van die erge dingen
Dat heeft zo'n vogeltje toch niet verdiend
Ik zou mijn Miep er bijna om gaan haten
Wat ook niet kan, want Miepie is mijn vriend.

En mensen moeten van hun vrienden houwen
Maar vrienden doen elkaar toch geen verdriet
Kan ik mijn Miep nou nooit meer echt vertrouwen
Soms denk ik wel es eventjes van niet.

Het allerergste kan ik niet vergeten
Hij heeft hem ook nog voor mijn bed gelegd
Mijn vader zei: dat doet-ie als kadootje
Ik wou maar dat-ie dat niet had gezegd.

Waarom doen poezen van die erge dingen
Dat heeft zo'n vogeltje toch niet verdiend
Ik zou mijn Miep er bijna om gaan haten
Wat ook niet kan, want Miepie blijft mijn vriend.

that is the one.. :roll:
well its a classic. you should check it out Wink

haha.. anyway.. no she aint named after that... but I can remeber that I liked the name because I knew there was this song :roll: Grin

chocolate!

aye, I will!
Funny song. Has Miepje ever done that to you??

stardreamer

well in earlier days we sometimes did find a little dead mouse and so :roll:

chocolate!

ghehe! Funny! Grin Stupid cats! :)

NEXT PAGE