ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

What did you buy today?

lostshard

I was wondering... almost everything has a topic, from tv-shows to what did you eat today....but none yet of buying stuff...

as i know most people loveeee to go shopping (as do i :roll: )

so here is a toppic where you can indulge your fellow nuts on what you spent your money on today....

i'll start :twisted:

yesterday (well it HAS the word day in it :roll: ) i bought the following

* some christmas-decorations
* the dvd mean girls (such a hillarious film)
* the dvd 'angels in america. (a 6 hour miniseries with meril streep)
*some food (speculaas for between my sandwitch)

*AND TODAY I AM GONNA BUY 'THE RETURN OF THE KING' EXTENDED EDITION*
love it love it love it

lostshard

mmmm it seems i am the only one..... well good, more for me :twisted:

Sindenís

No I love shopping too! Today I went somewhere with my sister, she needed new shoes and I actually succeeded in restraining myself from buying anything. You see,I don't have a lot of money.
But I'm still going shopping tomorrow in Eindhoven :P

Arthis

Yesterday I bought a toner cartridge and a pierrade for my parents. I realy have no idea of the translation of that thing. It's a cooking device consisting of a large thin flat stone on which you can cook thin slices of meat or vegetables...

Today, after work, I'll buy a christmas present for myself: Six Feet Under season 2 in DVD.

btw, I'm gay, but I'm not a total shopping freak Wink

Zebula77

You and me both, Kin. (Munka) :twisted:

I'm gonna buy Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within today. I loved the first one, so this is gonna be great I think.

I'm also gonna buy loads of Christmas snacks and some gifts.

I love shopping! (and I'm not even gay - second time I've said that today, hehe)

Zebula77

Ok, touchè! That is more pathetic. :twisted:

Zebula77

No, no. I like anime series too, hehe. Never seen Inayusha, though (the name means Demon Dog, by the way). Is it good?

Elyon

I like ears to can't explain elf ears are so cute. My ex- boyfriend :x had elf ears for reall. He had cute pointy ears strange huh

Elyon

Grin Heehee You should show him kindred. And don't forget to let us know what he thinks of you afterwarts Wink

Elyon

Grin Hehehhe well I have a sister thats as irritating as petallwing and sometimes my dad can be troll like to :?

Elyon

My sisters sings when she is in her room and it sounds just like petallwings songs Surprised

Teejay

losts be ready for me caus I'm coming over there I need to see the extended edition :twisted:

Elyon

Quote:
Kindredsoul

OH!!! That IS awful!!!
*hands Elyon big, fluffy earmuffs*

Thank you *hugs kindred* You know if she does i just grap her and try to pull ou her hair (wings Wink ) to keep her quiet for a sec. And it works only not for long :roll:

LordDarkhan

All i do is shop(that is one gay stereotype that I fit i suppose)

Today I did a lot of shopping(whats new..lol)

Evisu jeans
louis vuitton damier messenger bag
laptop(gift for my cousin)
some cuff links
atlas watch
some ties(i love ties)
tennis bracelet(gift for my cousin)
A new brandy serving set
and some jkackets( i love jackets)
Tomorrow is saturday that is a big shopping day, so lets see what I can find.

lostshard

Quote:
Teejay

losts be ready for me caus I'm coming over there I need to see the extended edition :twisted:

yea baby i am ready.... but i have to return the return of the king, cause the package is damaged, a piece of the cover is ripped of....it wasn't glued on that well...damnit

also Lord dark. you did one hell of a shopping there, and saterday is even better?? damn Surprised

SuperSaiyanSonic

Pitched into a donation pool (among friends) to purchase a futon bed for a friend who sleeps on the floor. He deserves better than to sleep like a dog.

What do I do when my love is away;
Does it worry you to be alone?
How do I feel by the end of the day;
Are you sad because you're on your own?

lostshard

Quote:
Super Saiyan Sonic

Pitched into a donation pool (among friends) to purchase a futon bed for a friend who sleeps on the floor. He deserves better than to sleep like a dog.

What do I do when my love is away;
Does it worry you to be alone?
How do I feel by the end of the day;
Are you sad because you're on your own?

that is coool....

btw i love your quote of the beatles song 'with a little help from my friends' one of my all time favorite songs

LivietheLurker

Well, Christmas is coming, I got my wages on Friday, and there is a sale going on at the pet shop in Mo. This does weird things to me. So I have lugged home one of those scratching posts/climbing frames, one with 4 plateaus, not counting the floor level one, with a rope to swing and scratch on. The damn thing is taller than me.
So far my cats are showing a cautios interest. Even though I tried to tighten the screws as hard as I could (stop snickering, I didn't say anything funny) the plateaus wobble a little, especially the top ones. I think this is troubling them a little.

Mirr

I read a short article about this book and then decided to buy it:
"Scheherazade Goes West - Different Cultures, Different Harems" by Fatema Mernissi, as it seemed really interesting.. how women are seemingly kept in place in different cultures..

Rainedancer

I like Inu-yasha too!!
I've only read the manga, I cant get hold of the anime!! :(
I also like .hack, Ceres and Tokyo mew mew!! :D

Back to topic, I dont mind shopping, but I prefer to shop for games, comics ect :)

SuperSaiyanSonic

::Gives lostshard a gold star for correctly naming that song::

Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through;
Everybody say I'm cool, he's cool!
I can't complain but sometimes I still do!

scarlettdoll

Sonic-I know that song too! Life's been good to me so far Can't remember that guy's name....crazy guy. I have that song on a mixed cd!

Mirr-I'm gonna have to check that book out. I read her other one Dreams of Trespass and it was great. That one sounds really interesting.

I didn't shop today but I got some Christmas shopping done Wed and Fri and got some books, makeup, a really squeezy pillow, a hair-dryer, candy, some dvds and stuff for all my huge family. I still need to get a tie for my brother but I had no idea that ties could be so expensive!! I thought guys clothes were cheap! All the really nice ties were $50 or more!

LordDarkhan

[quote:f1f625980b] I thought guys clothes were cheap! All the really nice ties were $50 or more!
[/quote:f1f625980b]

Oh i think guys clothes are MUCH more expensive. Women can buy clothes cheap, but they tend to buy more, men tend to buy less but they cost more(at least that is my observation)

for instance for me
(all these are on average)
jeans-100
slacks-140
t shirts--45
tailored shirts -110
belts and ties 50-130
shoes(this is the most next to suits)--90-450
suits 350-3,000
underwear-25 bucks a piece

I think our clothes are a lot more expensive. but since i am a shopaholic I deal with the cost.. BUt i am good at finding a good bargain for what I buy.

scarlettdoll

Surprised You're buying from the higher end than most guys I know! Majority of the guys I know only have to drop big bucks on the dress clothes like nice suits and stuff (so i guess it kinda makes sense for ties to be expensive). Actually, I guess their slacks and button-up shirts aren't cheap either so just the t-shirts and jeans. Grin Which is mostly what the guys i know wear. But no $100 jeans round here!

So I guess you're right. Just most of us girls do have to have more quantity. (for other girls; most guys don't ever remember what we wore)

Rainedancer

Quote:
Kindredsoul

Yeah!! Inuyasha fan!! They don't have the anime where you are? For shame!!! They're everywhere here!! What's you're address, my little wine server? I'll send you some for Christmas!!! :D

I'm in New Zealand so we don't get much anime manga ect Unhappy
Kindred your so kind!!! :D That would be really awsome!!! But I don't know how you could get It over to New Zealand.... :roll:

Btw, Would you like some more wine?!!!!! Grin

LordDarkhan

[quote:df7b2200c1]for other girls; most guys don't ever remember what we wore)
[/quote:df7b2200c1]

I always like the women i date to be well dressed. It is something I notice really quickly. Any girl I dated I can remember what she wore the first time I saw her... Its that whole thing about comparing the girls you date to your mom.. I hold most women to that standard.. yeah yeah Im a mommas boy.

scarlettdoll

Grin Majority of the guys I've dated never noticed beyond "Wow! A Dress/skirt/shorts/halter top!" But I do have a guy i work with who is truly a metrosexual and he critiques my outfits all the time. (actually makes me very nervous bout what i wear) :)

Rainedancer

Are you sure?? Surprised Would you like me to pay you back??
I havent heard of Fedx thing tho.. :?

LordDarkhan

[quote:3e1d626ee3]But I do have a guy i work with who is truly a metrosexual and he critiques my outfits all the time[/quote:3e1d626ee3]

Yeah all my ex girlfriends constantly take me shopping with them and have me with them when they are gettin ready to go out.. its fun.. YOu ladies are so fragile...lol

Brighteyes

I'm shopping for my ferrets today... mmm... thats not going to be cheep, my money burns up before it reaches my pockets!!!

Well, money is for spending is'nt it!????

Arfurido

You know, I haven't shopped prorerly for like 6 months. I've bought 2 sweaters and a dress since this summer. So it's like the shopping urge is gone!! Like when you don't drink for a couple of months, you don't miss it. I would love to go get a pair of new jeans or something, but it's like... noo... too much money Grin I already have TONS of clothes though, so it's not like I just GOT to have more...

I spend a HELL lotta money on friday though, when I was out drinking... alcohol is EXPENSIVE in Norway, so I'm guessing I spent like 110 dollars or something... that including buying rounds for a friend, cover charges and taxi bills :(

Teejay

just bought lunch :mrgreen:

Arfurido

Today I did actually go a bit nuts :mrgreen:
Bought "The hunchback of Notre Dame" DVD (I've been meaning to for a long time, I LOVE the score) and some jewellery for this years christmas party. Now I just hope it fits with my dress :?

Zebula77

Ahh, great movie! Hihi

LordDarkhan

Just came back from Neimans

Bought a comforter set, and some various home decorations.
okay okay So i bought myself some more clothes. I had been looking for the perfect argyle cashmere sweater and I found it, so I had to get it.. and since i got the sweater, I had to get a pair of pin stripped pants to go with it....... and we know that leads to shoes....... which lead to a belt........... with led to a watch... and that is it... So not too bad, just one outfit and some home stuff.

scarlettdoll

don't think i can go shopping for me for a long time. After Christmas, I gotta pay the expenses of the Mardi Gras parade and ball. Well, that's kinda for me. :mrgreen:

LordDarkhan

You do the parade???? I love mardi gras, which ball do you do?? I went to the Zulu ball once.. IT was a great experience.......ur so lucky

scarlettdoll

This isn't a New Orleans one (Man That would be SOOO awesome!) but a Baton Rouge one. Krewe Mystique. I'm getting to be a fairy godmother in the parade and my best friend was the queen last year so I got to go to the ball and see her crowned and this year she has to go as previous reigning queen. It's a blast!

LordDarkhan

that still has to be a blast...phoenix needs to have things like that.....darn it, i want to go.

lostshard

Quote:
Super Saiyan Sonic

::Gives lostshard a gold star for correctly naming that song::

Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through;
Everybody say I'm cool, he's cool!
I can't complain but sometimes I still do!

nah, just gimme a yellow submarine and i am as happy as a fish
i am gonna buy some books.... Discworld....read a revieuw and loved it....but it is like, bigger than LORD, in over 21 years the writer wrote about 30 books Surprised Surprised doink.....gonna buy them allllll

also ordered an I-pod

Teejay

absolutly loooooooooooooooooove terry pratchet
read most of his books, well like to think so anynway and each one is as funny as the last one Grin Grin Grin Grin

lostshard

yea i think i would love him to.... but now ive got 30 books or so to read of him :roll: ... a well my birthday is coming up in about 12 days so..... Wink i'll put them all on my list.....
i've got this freaky habbit of want to own al the books i've read...
hehehe, but i don't have them all, sniff, just read to damned mucho

Teejay

I have the same problem, and its you're birthday Surprised , how old will you be???? and an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY for you Wink :D

lostshard

hahah thanks me dear.... i will become young, let's leave it at that Wink

it is posted somewhere on this thread... :twisted:

scarlettdoll

I'm waiting til Christmas;l've got so many books wrapped under the tree. Trying to make the book i'm reading now (Mary, Queen of Scots and the Murder of Lord Darnley) stretch out til then.

LordDarkhan

Today i bought some new tires for my car. I treated myself to an early christmas present. I have been checking these out for a while, and the guy gave me a good deal on them so i could not resist.

dreamwalker

I am not a big shopper and am a girl. It's sad, I know Unhappy :oops:

I hear about it from many of my friends who like to go to the mall, grab a coffee and window shop for fun. I find the whole eating in a mall very depressing. Meals are ment to be savored, a true experience with time to reflect. I am more of a go shopping with something in mind, grab it and go. I actually do all my "Black Friday" shopping online, too! Unhappy

Today I went grocery shopping and bought milk, eggs, a shot glass that reads "Vodka. Similar to water but far more essential (for a friend) and a newspaper.

nomad-human

I love to browse and shop. Unfortunatly most of my female friends moved away, and none of my male friends like to shop. Shopping alone is no fun.

Hey Kindred.....you need to come to San Diego and go shopping with me!

Bloodwake

Someone I know at school just subscribed to playboy :P he showed me his first issue, and were 8th graders? :o His parents dont care either. I am amazed :P

scarlettdoll

Actually, I'm not a big shopper either. I hate trying clothes on. All the taking off, putting on, taking off again, putting on again. If I do have to go clothes shopping, i actually prefer to do it alone so I don't get talked into buying something i don't really like that much.
The only things I love buying are books and lingerie :roll: which is silly since I have only myself to wear it for but heck, I'm worth it. :D

LordDarkhan

[quote:9e67daf726]Someone I know at school just subscribed to playboy he showed me his first issue, and were 8th graders? His parents dont care either. I am amazed [/quote:9e67daf726]

My father used to let me read his when I was in the 7th grade. He never made a big deal about it. My mother on the other hand.. had a fit.

Scarlett never take me to the mall with you. I am always dressing all my friends and talking them into buying clothes... But you would like what I picked out for you... and if you dont, you simply have no taste..lol :D

Bloodwake

My parents would go crazy on me if they found I had playboy around my room >.< Still waiting for college life :)

scarlettdoll

Grin Shopping with you LordDarkhan sounds like shopping with my aunt. She is an expert shopper and can talk ANYONE into buying whatever. Man I've bought so many outfits over the years from shopping with her. And they are cute, they're just not really me. So, note to self, do not go clothes shopping with LordDarkhan. He'll find out I have no taste. Grin

LordDarkhan

ROFL..

If you go shopping with me just once, you will wonder how u ever went shopping with out me Grin

scarlettdoll

alright, that's a pretty convincing argument. Next time I'm in Phoenix, I'll let you take me to your mall. But, we have to go eat at Alice Cooper's restaurant. Grin

LordDarkhan

Deal but u have to find it.... (no clue where it is)

scarlettdoll

ok! (i don't know either. just heard he's got one in Phoenix) Grin

LordDarkhan

OMG im dumb, its called Cooperstown... i have been there....lol

scarlettdoll

Grin Oh. well i guess that makes sense. Did you see Alice there? That would crack me up to see Alice Cooper wearing an apron and a chef's hat flipping eggs or something in the kitchen. Grin Grin

LordDarkhan

No, i do think i even put two and two together and realized it was his place while i was there.

lostshard

Just bought 2 cd's from the ark. thanks anne Wink and the dvd 'hero'
also some pizza, on which i burned my mouth :roll:

lostshard

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised ..............................................................................................................................................................................Doink Surprised ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

That made me laugh so hard, you ARE WICKED my dear....... hehehehehe

that's why i luv ya....*gives the biggest Fhug Ever in the history of Fhugs*

lostshard

heheheh wel that is today's :twisted: ... i hugg a lot... today you are the hugg queen though :P

lostshard

yesssssss :D

bought spiderman 2 on dvd AND the muppetshow on dvd.... it always makes me laugh, especially the oldies from when i was a kid.......miss piggy and the cook ruleeeee

lostshard

PIG-GY
PIG-GY
PIG-GY :P

OOOOOO KERMIIIIIIIII???????

HAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAA :twisted:

lostshard

today the catch is: confessions of a teenage dramaqueen and matrix revolutions... :)

need to stop buying

Arthis

I bought a coat for myself (my parent's present for my birthday), and cufflinks for my brother.

scarlettdoll

I bought $20 worth of food and drinks for my sister, niece and little girl I babysat all day and my share of the pay at the end of the day was $20 so no money made today. S'okay tho. The kids were good.

LordDarkhan

aww that was nice of you Scarlett :D

Arthis a pair of cuff links.NICE. i love cuff links

scarlettdoll

I'm a sweetheart. What can I say. :mrgreen: Well my sister really did help me out; she earned it.

LordDarkhan

Yes you are Scarlett.

and your sister has good taste in music, so she deserves it as well Grin

Arfurido

I'm about to go out and finish the last christmas shopping now.

Hey, it's past december 21!!!! That means the SUN is returning!!!! :D :D :D YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lostshard

Just bought the first eight books of terry Pratchet's discworld-novels... my new addiction :D

also some new pastels (kinda crayon like) and three canvassen, and some black paper.....love to work on black paper with pastels... this christmas will be a creative one :D :D

Arfurido

*phew* Finished now with everything christmassy... all that is left now is making and eating the dinner -- and open the presents of course ;)

lostshard

i am all for it :D ....not the cooking part :x but the fun parts....cooking not my favo occupation

LordDarkhan

I went to an auction today. I bought this Louis XIV bowl. its really neat, I am going to put it on my fireplace i think.... just dont know what I am going to keep in it.

Bloodwake

I bought 3 pairs of shoes today (2 pairs of skateshoes I got for 50 bucks at Copelands, and basketball shoes I got for like 40 bucks) All of them are really good. I swear, those people were handing me money and shoes. The skateshoes were probably normally 70 bucks each. So, 140 reduced to 50 Surprised

scarlettdoll

Quote:
LordDarkhan

I went to an auction today. I bought this Louis XIV bowl. its really neat, I am going to put it on my fireplace i think.... just dont know what I am going to keep in it.

ashes?

lostshard

Quote:
scarlettdoll

Quote:
LordDarkhan

ashes?

mwhahahahaha you funny one, that one made me smile big time :P

LordDarkhan

[quote:4924bd1a42]ashes?
[/quote:4924bd1a42]

I dont get it..... I ALWAYS GET THE JOKES...... Unhappy

lostshard

heheheheh *picturing Darkan's confussed face now*
heheh

scarlettdoll

like an urn for a cremated beloved. Or you could just use it as a very nice ashtray. But I was joking. Dont' do that to a beautiful bowl!

Man, I gotta go to the mall or some computer place tomorrow cuz I got this expansion pack game and have the original on my comp but it was a burned copy so the expansion doesn't recognize it so i can't install it. Drat. I hope the crowds aren't all in full-returning force. I hate stores in December.

LordDarkhan

Well I just came from day after christmas shopping. Today I had too much fun in Gucci, Neimans, Saks, and Kenneth Cole.. I also hit up Banana Republic, but just bought some shoes from them. Over all i got some suits, some new luggage, some shirts, ties, more cuff links.....some fun t shirts... my favorite one i got says on the front "Look at the dumb ass trying to read my shirt".......god i love shopping... The crowds were fun, I love people watching.

scarlettdoll

Ugh, I hate shopping when there are crowds. Which is why I sent my sister to buy that computer program. :mrgreen: And it took her forever!!! And then they told her they didn't have it tho they told me on the phone that they did so I had to call back, get someone to hold it (which I should have done in the 1st place :roll: ) and go back tomorrow. But thankfully, tomorrow, most of the crowds will have to go back to work.

LordDarkhan

yeah store peopel can be clerks when there is a crowd..... But as you said the crowd should definately be a lot smaller by tomorrow.

LordDarkhan

mmm Nothing like vodka.. Where they the flavored drinks?(which flavor) or just the straight vodka?

LordDarkhan

Oooooh that is a great flavor
Now I want some.

LordDarkhan

*pops off top, tags a swig of it.... lays back in chair and puts up feet*

Oh Yeah.... 8)

scarlettdoll

so went to the mall and got the program. Crowds were still silly but manageable. Coming up, have to buy beads for the Mardi Gras parade.

Arfurido

Mom & me went out for a little cruise today. It all ended up with her buying me season 1 of Buffy. So I guess I am a collector now... happy, Shardy? ;) (I was actually going to by s6 but they were sold out.)

lostshard

Quote:
Arfurido

Mom & me went out for a little cruise today. It all ended up with her buying me season 1 of Buffy. So I guess I am a collector now... happy, Shardy? ;) (I was actually going to by s6 but they were sold out.)

teehee, you go girl.... 1 down, six to go :D aha and you wanted to start with season six...because of ...once more with feeling.... am i right?
well ofcourse i am. aren't I.... tell me I am... aren't I.. a well :roll:

Arthis

I bought Shirley et Dino on DVD, but I guess nobody knows who Shirley and Dino are Wink

Let's just say they are realy very funny, and we (that means me, my familly, and even some of my closest friends) all need a good laugh.

Arfurido

Quote:
lostshard

teehee, you go girl.... 1 down, six to go :D aha and you wanted to start with season six...because of ...once more with feeling.... am i right?
well ofcourse i am. aren't I.... tell me I am... aren't I.. a well :roll:

Yes, of course! Aaaandd... because of all of the brilliant eps with Spike. From bunny to rapist. And then to get a soul. Aaah.

lostshard

than you just have to see season 5 too girl 8)

Arfurido

I'm planning to buy 2&3 in January and then order 5&6 for February. And then 7. And then 4 when I have the cash ;)

lostshard

good, cause 4 is badddd

Arfurido

Well... it's not that exciting, no. Riley is a pretty boooring character. And there is not enough Spike. (Even though I love the scene when he's in the bathtub and Buffy is going all "oooh my neck is so soft and vulnerable".... the look on his face, hahaha. He's a vampire all right :mrgreen:)

Gonna watch an ep of my newly bought dvdset now :mrgreen:

lostshard

hihiih
yesss...... ik vond alleen hush and de openings aflevering cool....also that willow/spike moment heheheh

the initiative storyline sucked bigggg time

Arfurido

What about Something Blue? I liked it because of the scene where Buffy and Spike are hitting each other's noses. Haha. What's up with that? (Okay breaking noses hurt ;)) And then the cuddly wuddly getting married stuff. Hahaha. They REALLY acted out on the annoying boyfriend/girlfriend thing. Scary thing is I've got friends who has been that annoying. Hehehe.

"Spike lips! Lips of spike!" *giggle*

lostshard

owww yeaaa something blue was coool too.... okay three episodes then Wink
and did i just spoke/type dutch??... damn Surprised

NEXT PAGE