ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Dreams

Teejay

wel here you can write you're dreams down, I know there are a couple in antoher thread, don't remeber which ones but if any of the presevers find them. feel free to put them here Wink

well I had another weird and awfull one :roll:
I was in some iraqi or turky country, don't know where exactly and I was there with school, like a schooltrip. one of my best friends was there as well. there's this dance contest thingy and I'm dancing with some turky/marocan guy and I'm wearing a scarf of his, which at first I like and then hate. and we were really good.
Anyway at some point we had to go walking somewhere with the entire group, this walk ended up being running away from some war. so me and my friend are going and I see I've forgotten something so I go back for it, while my friend waits for me. this something is in the toilet. so I go into that building and I get the thing, I think it was my celphone, but I can't get out by the front door anymore caus there are soldiers there. so I go by the back door but now I'm lost so I'm walking around in the city which is virtualy at war and I come across one of my teachers, the man I was dancing with and he tells me how to find my way but then I remember I borowed that scarf from him which I left at the toilet when I was getting the other thing I forgot. so I go back I open the door and there's a group of tourists there with the soldiers, one of the tourists is being tortured or something, so I close the door and hide behind some cars while the soldiers are arguing amongst themselves that they should have shot me. the soldiers leave and that group of poeple is left behind. the one that was tortured is crying while her friends and family are around her explaining why they didn't help her and she's saying something about spears in her back. so actualy she should be dead but is still walking. anyway I find that scarf and go away aggain, again trying to find my way out of that city but now I'm really lost and I can't find any of the teachers and I realise that my friend wouldn't have waited for me so long since its allready dark, and then... I wake up

Arthis

Quote:
In DAY TO DAY LIFE, on Sun Sep 05, 2004 Arthis

Day to Night life...

I’ve just woken up (it's 2:40 AM) because of a nightmare.
Well not really a night mare, but a very strange and disturbing dream involving a friend of mine who talked (in the dream) in a very rude way about my mother, a car accident, a strange town where we were obliged by the inhabitants to perform a (gay) kiss show, and finally the most disturbing I tried to reach my parents by phone because they worried about my runaway at night, but the line has a problem, and all I could do is hear my father at the telephone, talking with my mother and worrying more and more, but they couldn't here me.

I'm sorry to disturb you with all that nonsense, but mum always told me that the best way to get rid of a nightmare is to tell it as soon as possible. First time I do it in English :D

Arthis

Quote:
In What does your name mean?, on Fri Nov 19, 2004 Arthis

Well, I have a dream catcher, but it didn't work last night: I made that horrible nightmare with a man attacking me with an axe :(

Arthis

Quote:
In DAY TO DAY LIFE, on Sat Jan 22, 2005 Arthis

last night I had this strange dream: I was in a super market with a friend of mine and... LordDarkhan, and we were buying... shampoo and hair conditioner, comparing and commenting on the different products Surprised

lostshard

well last night i had a dream...as ussual..... i was on holiday... went out for a trip... took a boat to a newly formed island...Just about 2 days old.... the lava was just starting to cool of....it was just a thin layer with cracks in it...you could see the lava underneeth it... was verry beautiful.... i can even remember thinking 'walk carefully' cause it really looked like you could fall through it any minute....

well we all walked a little,.. looked really alien all that grey/blackish rock, and in the background the vulcano still spewing its lava...well after a while we all got into a car and drove a while.....suddenly i got a bird's point of view....while i was looking from above, i could see cracks apearing all around the car.....it looked like marble....verry beautiful....

suddenly we where out of the car.....running from something (we only saw smoke/mist....so we where running towards the coast (the spot where we started our walk).... suddenly there was also smoke, and this was the kind of smoke you'll get when lava flows into the sea.....but instead of the island getting bigger (as you ussually get when lava flows into the ocean and cools of)... the island crumbled from the edges....and fast too.....i can remember thinking' why doesn't the island get bigger instead of breaking of in little bits......

well then i woke up.......

i love these graphic dreams....... i can still see the view of the island :) only rock rock and more lavarocks....

well again a great lap of text Wink

Zebula77

Heheh, I love how when you dream and you still have your sense of logic and you think 'Hmm, how can this happen? This isn't possible!' Grin

Magela_earth

Ya, when you try to explain dreams, and you just lose your words cus you can't.

I think it's funny when you dream something and think it's real, i.e. I dreampt I had a puppy once and was awake and eating breakfast for like 15 min. before I realised it wasn't real. That really sucked, cus then I wanted a puppy. haha

MrsGrizzley

Long time ago, had a real strange dream.

I've always been big into stories, discovered Dungeons 'n' Dragons in Middle School. Watched the cartoon for a while. Anyways. . .

I was in a forest and was part of a group, kinda, I think. The light was tinged green because of being filtered through leaf cover and the trees were fairly thin, with pale bark.

We were stopped on the road by a burly guy who was talking about "our fair northern skins" being "burnt black" in the "soldering mines". I was wearing my long blue cloak and I pulled the hood up like the one girl in the old DnD cartoon and turned invisible. I started to walk away as fast as I could, keeping my eyes on my feet so as not to trip and fall or break any limbs that were on the ground.

I think I got away. I don't remember anything other than that.

Strange thing is, and I didn't know the phrases at the time, a soldering mine was a silver mine, but only in Europe during the Middle Ages, or so I understand. Those kind of trees would have been in France, or thereabouts.

It was just wierd.

Mrs. Grizzley

lostshard

Quote:
Zebula77

Heheh, I love how when you dream and you still have your sense of logic and you think 'Hmm, how can this happen? This isn't possible!' Grin

well that happens 90% of the time with me..... and i can tell you...my dreams are much more exciting than real life Wink ...

who can honoustly say they beat away little green aliens with a crowbar....

darn i really need to write down my dreams... :)

Magela_earth

I'll have those dreams where I'm fighting with someone, only when I go to punch them my arm's in slow motion and they're kinda looking at it weird and they move out of the way and watch it go by, and it turns out that I was laying on my arm so I couldn't move it in real life.

I remember falling asleep on the couch once and being like, NO i have to get up, and sitting up but the entire left side of my face was like pushed up and I couldn't open that eye and it was numb and all and it turns out that I was still sleeping on that side and I sat up for real. Those kind of dreams freak me out.

lostshard

yeay that is weird.......still but kinda cool

Zebula77

Magela: You know, I'm exactly the opposite - when I fight in my dreams, it's like 'Bruce Lee - I'm gonna kick his ass!' Grin

I mean, I know everything! People just fly all over the place, hehe.

WhiteTiger

I'll tell you guys one thing....my dreams are right down BIZARRE most of the time. I can remember everyone one of my dreams clearly as well...
One of my weirder dreams was from the other night....about Star wars Episode III, yet it was elements were combine with my life.

It was pretty strange.

Bloodwake

I've had some really messed up dreams before. Its like, beyond the effects of marijuana (good description) Hot sex dreams are some of my favorites :)

The dreams I really hate are the ones that get really exciting, like your going to fight or something great, then like, the dream reaches the climax, the action is right there- then you wake up. Evil Grin

Zebula77

Quote:
White Tiger

I'll tell you guys one thing....my dreams are right down BIZARRE most of the time. I can remember everyone one of my dreams clearly as well...
One of my weirder dreams was from the other night....about Star wars Episode III, yet it was elements were combine with my life.

It was pretty strange.

Oh, I've had lots of dreams about Ep III. I'm such a Star Wars nut. I dreamt once that I saw it and it was nothing like the trailer, it had Adrian Brody in it and well, things just weren't particularily SW. :?

Magela_earth

HAHA, they're all so funny. I hate that when you wake out of a dream you didn't want to end, I can usually go back to sleep and make it come back, but then I wake up AGAIN.

Isn't it weird when you have a dream that seems like it's hours long, you open your eyes and you've been asleep for 5 minutes, that's what gets me going. When I was in school I'd be sleeping and dreaming and it would screw up my days. So much happened in my dreams that I'd feel like it's been 3 days in 3 hours.

Never dreampt about star wars, I dream about Elfquest A LOT lately, I'll dream about Harry potter when i'm reading harry Potter, or LOTR when I'm reading that, etc. etc.

Zebula77

Wow, some kind of guilt trip you were on! Surprised Grin

Magela_earth

That's so funny, ya guilt trip is right. Maybe you're going to be the downfall of America or something :(

Brighteyes

Quote:
White Tiger

It was pretty strange.

Seems like we are a bit alike when it coms to dreams...

Every night I dream so bizzare (I mean coocoo!!!), but still clearly, and I remember them after... Sometimes I even remember the dreams from my childhood and think they are memories from the past....
Good thing that i have my parents to tell me what's right or wrong... Or I would have had a pritty strange childhood!!!

Teejay

I doubt I ever had a normal sorta dream. but usually don't remember them. had one this morning and I cannot for the love of god remember it*sigh*. and I have never remembered dreams from my REM-sleep

Jeppe

Actually once dreamt that i said something nice to the girl i like :roll:

I always like those sad dreams, and i think nightmares (even though i really hate them) is quite a thrill!

Zebula77

Oh, I love my nightmares. Nothing is as f*cked up as they are. They're like the freakiest horror films ever, and I love horror, so... :D

WhiteTiger

The worst dreams I can have were of my friend Nicole. She died 10 years ago in June. She was actually my best friend when she died...so it was pretty rough. Anyways....for YEARS after she died I had dreams she was alive and well...or that I had relived that day and always tried to tell herwhat was going to happen....usually it turns out the same way...she doens't listen and she drowns...
Except once.
Once she actually listened to me...I actually cannot remember it very well, but I do remember it was worse then usual because I belived she was alive for a short time.

Bothers the hell outta me :(

Zebula77

I think that's normal with those who've lost someone close like that. I guess the pain never really goes away. :(

lostshard

I have dream amnesia Surprised

stardreamer

Quote:
White Tiger

The worst dreams I can have were of my friend Nicole. She died 10 years ago in June. She was actually my best friend when she died...so it was pretty rough. Anyways....for YEARS after she died I had dreams she was alive and well...or that I had relived that day and always tried to tell herwhat was going to happen....usually it turns out the same way...she doens't listen and she drowns...
Except once.
Once she actually listened to me...I actually cannot remember it very well, but I do remember it was worse then usual because I belived she was alive for a short time.

Bothers the hell outta me :(

Quote:
Zeb

I think that's normal with those who've lost someone close like that. I guess the pain never really goes away. :(

thats true.. it won't realy go away.. but it can get a place in your heart..

as for those dreams... WT I think that is kinda normal to have.. I mean specialy when your close to someone..
as for me.. I did have this time that I was hoping that I was dreaming.. and would wake up to see that it was all a dream.. and she (my mom) was still alive... (still hope that every now and then.... :roll:)

Zebula77

Aww, that's sad, Bart. Unhappy

But like you said I'm sure it can get it's (the pain) place in your heart in time.

stardreamer

as for me.. it has get its place.. and that is something good
but ow.. well its been around eleven years now.. but I do know that for some ppl it could take a lot of years to let it have a place in there heart..

Zebula77

Yeah, I know. And I guess one should let it take some time, too. Time heals wounds as they say.

stardreamer

totaly true..
time and talking bout it where for me the best things to go true that healing proces..

Zebula77

Oh, yeah - talking! That helps so much I think. Having someone to be 'a shoulder to cry on' and all that. It's good to have friends and family in those times.

stardreamer

yeah it is..
although there are also ppl who are not so into the talking (like my grandpa and well.. me just a little :roll:)
for those some time for themsleves to think bout it does also some good.. or just like you say.. a shoulder to cry on.. or someone who just tells them to be OK.. or thinks like that..
indeed good friends and family are important..

[edit]
but hey.. we are getting offtopic here :roll:

Zebula77

Yeah, and oh, that just gave me an idea for a new topic... Wink

Arthis

Still off topic but...

I didn't know, and I'm really sorry Bart

stardreamer

thats OK Arthis.. there aren't manny who knows... :roll:
Iam not the kinda person who talks a lot bout it to....

Arthis

I understand quite well. I think I wouldn't...

Someone once told me that a person is alive before his/her birth because the parents, the family think of him/her as a person, and remains alive after his/her death while the persons, family and friends, who knew and loved him/her are still alive. (And for a very few of us, immortality is guaranteed by what you left behind: writings, music...). That's really the way I see life, and I know the loved ones I have lost are still alive in my heart.

About the "time can heal" thing, I think time can mend every wound, but every wound leaves a scar. That means the pain remains, but you learn to deal with it. You learn to go from "pain remind me of the loss" to "pain remind me of the love"...

I'm not sure this is very clear, so I think I've said enough about that subject.

*love to all*

stardreamer

I think you explained it quit well there Arthis.. :)

Magela_earth

Quote:
Arthis

(And for a very few of us, immortality is guaranteed by what you left behind: writings, music...).

I don't really know what I was really going to say about this, hmm. I guess just that I agree, this is a great way to be remembered. Ya, the words aren't coming, BLAH.

Brighteyes

Quote:
Arthis

About the "time can heal" thing, I think time can mend every wound, but every wound leaves a scar. That means the pain remains, but you learn to deal with it. You learn to go from "pain remind me of the loss" to "pain remind me of the love"...

I'm not sure this is very clear, so I think I've said enough about that subject.

*love to all*

This is so beautiful written Arthis!
It' almost made me cry..... but in a good way...

Teejay

back on topic

something that is diferent in youre dreams then in real life
with me its running, when I run in my dreams I allways feel some kinda resistance, I only go forward really slowly, and I have to push my legs forward. and while I'm in my dream I don't realise that this is a strange thing, but when I wake up its like lucky thing I go faster in real life.
Grin

Zebula77

Had all kinds of dreams last night. One was wonderful (but I'm not gonna talk about it here, heh), and in another one I was carrying a six-pack of beer-cans in some large, sunny city and these two middle-aged women stopped and stared at my beer. Surprised The they started to follow me around, and I asked them what they wanted, and they just giggled. In the end, I dropped the beer-cans on the pavement.

Is that something trying to tell me to drink less beer!?! Grin

Another dream I had I was being chased by someone or something - I don't remember. And I remember the dream was stuck in a loop and I couldn't get out until the alarm clock went off. Not really a nightmare, though. It was full of action scenes and everything. Very cinematic! Grin

LivietheLurker

I wish I could remember my dreams, but I never can. They always evaporate...

lostshard

i neeed toooo sleep......snoring like a pig, that is what i need to dooo....to mucho energio...

*snore*

see it wont work......batteries empty i gues :roll:

scarlettdoll

i had an EQ related dream this morning so i gots to share.

I dreamt I was Tyldak and was trying to free Kahvi and Aroree who'd been locked up by Winnowill. So i was flying all over the place while Winnie and another flyer (slower than me tho) chased me and it was awesome! I flew above the clouds and saw the stars crystal clear and i saw the ocean lapping up onto the beach and I flew through rainbows. It was great! And i did set free the two girls and brought them back to this huge commune where the elves were all living. Twas a good dream. :D

scarlettdoll

Grin that would be a horrendous sight! Nah, I was Tyldak's body, Andrea's mind.

Rainedancer

I've had a couple of elfquest dreams myself but nothing really vivid or anything.
I remeber one time though in a dream I got it out anI was at a library and saw an elfquest book I hadnt read before but I didnt read it. I was really annoyed I didnt read it when I woke up tho... :roll:

Rainedancer

OMG!!!!!!!! Surprised
Kin your right!!!!!
Yes we must tell Wingthing imediately!!!!! Grin

Rainedancer

Arrghh!!!!!!
My ears!! My fingers!! My height!! Surprised :o

Actually I'm really short (147cms and I'm 14) and I have kinda pointy ears........... Still have my pinky fingers tho... :roll:

Brighteyes

Quote:
Rainedancer

Arrghh!!!!!!
My ears!! My fingers!! My height!! Surprised :o

Actually I'm really short (147cms and I'm 14) and I have kinda pointy ears........... Still have my pinky fingers tho... :roll:

You are 14?????!! Surprised

Rainedancer

Yesss, why? :D

Brighteyes

I always thought you to be 25+..... hehe..

Well... i'm blond so... :roll: i get things slow... well..

It's a complement you seem really mature for your age! :D

chocolate!

hello everyone,

when I have time I will tell some dreams of mine. Since I've always been able to remember most of my dreams, I have a dream diary so I will search some nice ones for ya!! Wink

At the moment I'm reading a lot bout dream analysing. I have a thick book wich is something like a dream dictionary and explanations of things that happen in your dreams. If you have a question bout some dreams you've had I really would love to answer them if I can. :D

Rainedancer

Hee hee thanks Brighteyes Grin :D

scarlettdoll

I thought you were older too! You do come across as very mature :)

chocolate-do you find that that book seems to help you in analyzing your dreams or do you think it more goes by what certain things mean to you?
Like, say a certain doll might have a different symbolic meaning to you than what the book says a doll means. Or does the book kinda help you to realize some of that stuff? I'm interested cuz I do think dreams tell you something about your mindset (not always; sometimes they're just weird) and its neat to see how.

chocolate!

Yeah, that's the problem in all dream analysing. :? It really depends on the person, and how the dream is about that. :)
Last night dreamt about a submarine. In the book there are three things being explained bout that:
1) It indicates the depth of feeling that is accessible to us. Usually we are looking at the subconscious depth rather that the spiritual hights.
2) If are afraid of something (problems in real life) it can mean that we need to be comfortable with ourselves and search for a way to find it. Then the submarine can be used as a symbol
3)Dreaming of a submarine means that we have spiritual means to get underneath our emotions.

There is one thing to choose, and if you know yourself it's not that hard. Also it can mean more than one number.

Because my dream was very symbolic, I can choose from one of these things (I chose 1 and 3)

But If you, for example, work in a submarine, or you just had a excursion to it, it can also mean that you have to deal with things on work, or (in case of the excursion) you need to deal with something that happened there. If you are trained you would notice the difference if the objects are symbolic or just as they are. :)

Mirr

Lately, I've dreamt a person that was me yet not me and yet a mix of me and John Crichton found some silvery letters on the shallow parts of a beach, and also had a pre-vision of arranging these letters.. and also, saw a tsunami or a big big wave head on in to the shore. Luckily "me" and the others were near this slope thing, so we could climb to higher grounds, but my daughter woke me up just about then, so not sure how it ended.

Last night, it was about house complexes burning, but me and the others in the dream found a way to keep the fire back, and I found some safe and seemingly unharmed room where I took my schoolbooks and Lady Lovlely Locks comics (yes I know, not EQ comics in the dream, but the LLL ones I am going to sell soon.. :P ). So hmm, a reoccuring theme it seems, this with disaster ish things and me trying to avoid them.

My theory is that there's this interpretor part/function of the brain, that tries to make sense of this random on/off switching of various parts of the brain that takes place when one dreams, that are projected into our dreamworld. Much like how it or something else acts as interpretor for those that have had their hemispheres "disconnected". They see something with one eye/visual field, and somehow an interpretation is sent to the other side of the brain. The subconscious surely is a powerful thing.. I think I have an idea what it is trying to tell me though.. I can handle things I think I am unable to, or when I expect the worst..

chocolate!

I think too that that is a good interpretation, the first one that is.

[quote:abb012ed4b]I can handle things I think I am unable to[/quote:abb012ed4b]Or you have a break through, you can handle things that used to be dangerous for ya.

Where you with other people who helped you? That tells if you need those other people to help you handle it.
Where you alone? you said you sensed kind of two-edged personality in yourself. That could be characteristics of your own personality that you need to achieve whatever difficult lies beyond..
:)

Mirr

Quote:
chocolate!

I think too that that is a good interpretation, the first one that is.

[quote:c7d018dd93]I can handle things I think I am unable to

Or you have a break through, you can handle things that used to be dangerous for ya.

Where you with other people who helped you? That tells if you need those other people to help you handle it.
Where you alone? you said you sensed kind of two-edged personality in yourself. That could be characteristics of your own personality that you need to achieve whatever difficult lies beyond..
:)[/quote:c7d018dd93]

Well, the thing is.. there was some bits preceeding this last bit of the tsunami dream for instance. And this person turned up on the small road on this mountain y hillside. And my first reaction was, and what I told others, was to hide in the ditch and see how it was. And then it turned out it was someone I knew, but to verify that it was her, I concluded we needed to check her IP-address... so I don't know, how sane is that? :D

But definately shows on how paranoid I am when it comes to people and their intentions. I didn't exactly have people helping me though. Although at one point I understod someone had planted a bomb under a car me and my Ozzy-ish like family was going to take.. ended with us shooting our way out or something. The first bit of the dream is very vague now.

This isn't the "worst" dream regarding personalities though. I can have them a lot. The worst was when I was 3 black women, at the same time yet not, or I was two or one of them, or just eyed them all from an observer kind of distance. One bit I remember clearly from that dream, was how they jumped into some vortex like thing in a library to escape our/their/my stalkers/enemies. I suspect I was very much under a Matrix like influence at the time.. Grin

Teejay

had the weirdest dream.
Me and my soon te be ex-boyfriend were broken up and me and one of my best friends were an item. this friend being a her made it very strange indeed.

chocolate!

that's very strange TJ! I had a weird dream too last night.
I am walking outside, there is snow and it is beautiful. I go to see Bart, I dunno why, was his birthday or some, but I go to him and we decide to go to a game hall. There are all kinds of machines and Bart starts to play on one, a gambling one with wich you can win money. And so he did, he wins money and also 3 or 4 playing cards to play on a dancing machine (stepmania) in the 'Carroussel playing hall'.
So we wanted to go there, but when we walk out of the hall, it was still winter, and much more fun to play in Barts backyard wich was a big field of grass, but then with snow and we could ski there. So I start to ski, and had a weird rope that pulled me up and down over the field. Cause I couldn't fall (hanging on the rope) I tried to do some moves.
then we stopped, and I walk by myself when miranda walked by and left. then I was walking with my sister. The area changed, it became darker and I felt fear as normally in a nightmare. We went to the back of my home and into the house. There I figured that I didn't like the feeling now, and I wanted it to change. So I sat down on a chair at the window and started to wait, my sis sat on the couch. I was very afraid and I wished I could wake up. Then suddenly we heard a strange noise at the hallway door, some kind of beast. But I was too afraid to open the door cause I knew something scary would happen. I just wanted to wake up. After a while the noise started to sound more familiar, growling and scratching at the door. so I walked to the door and because of the glass, I could see our cat who died couple years ago and I said to it: I never ever want to see you here again!
And off he went, into the shoecloset.

And then I woke up, opened my eyes and it was morning. It was really weird and I was thinking, are you sure you are awake Grin

stardreamer

yeah.. the first part was indeed fun..
next time I'll stay longer.. so you won't have more scary endings ;) :roll:

any idea's what it could ment?

Kotori

Dreamt I was watching a sequel to "Edward Scissorhands" last night. Edward was chased by dinosaurs, and had to climb up a really tall tree to be safe.
Now where did that come from...?

chocolate!

Quote:
stardreamer

yeah.. the first part was indeed fun..
next time I'll stay longer.. so you won't have more scary endings ;) :roll:

thank you! :D
Well, the first part was very vague, could'n';t see ya clearly, and then it became very detailed.

[quote:1e070b6e33]any idea's what it could ment?[/quote:1e070b6e33]I have no idea. Well, the first part is kinda true, we ARE going to play stepmania...
But the rest, is very strange and I have no idea what it could mean.

stardreamer

Quote:
chocolate!

I have no idea. Well, the first part is kinda true, we ARE going to play stepmania...
But the rest, is very strange and I have no idea what it could mean.

haha. well I gues you realy want to go do stepmania there ;)
the rest.. hmm. no idea either ...

scarlettdoll

Quote:
Kotori

Dreamt I was watching a sequel to "Edward Scissorhands" last night. Edward was chased by dinosaurs, and had to climb up a really tall tree to be safe.
Now where did that come from...?

Grin Grin Grin Hey, in Hollywood, that could happen!

chocolate!

gheghe...
what does Edward mean to you, it could be a characteristic of you that is being chased :) Wink

Kotori

Quote:
chocolate!

gheghe...
...it could be a characteristic of you that is being chased :) Wink

by dinosaurs of all things? hehe Grin Don't have any particular realations to Edward other than pitying the guy though, but who wouldn't?

chocolate!

Hmm, I going to tell you some dreams of mine. Since I almost always am able to write them down there are some nice ones. Hope you like them, know I do... (hope you understand my amator english :oops:)

I dreamt there was a girl, she had to cross the border, but there where nomads who wanted her. Luckily she crossed the border safely. She walked through the desert until she saw her father. He was happy to see her because he thought he lost her. At night, the girl went to see the bad nomads and I went after her. She showed me what she was: a magicka. We went into a cave, there she showed me a stone on with a bright white light was shining. In the light I saw a large bat, meanwhile I felt that I got some wings.
She told me that I was a big bat and that she would give her powers to me. But I did something wrong and when I looked at the big bat, I saw him dissolve into all small ones. From them, there would become another big one, in time...

chocolate!

Dreamt about Stargate at: august, 7 2002

We were in the SGC and were attacked by jaffa's. They shot us everytime, but everytime we got up again. Suddenly they decided that we had enough practise and they trowed us out of the SGC.
JAck, Daniel, Sam, Teal'c and I looked aroud and then saw the real enemy. Quickly we shot them and walked along the bodies.
I was really upset of all the dead bodies and Daniel told me something and cheered me up. There was a large city on the planet were we where and we walked along until we came at the beach. There we walked upon the peer. There were very high waves and I grabbed Jack because it was very slippery Wink
I asked him if this was the same as Hawaii, cause I only know the North Sea (wich is between England and Holland). He said nothing and I was taken into the sea, alogn with the wave. I almost drowned when I saw my mom, who couldn't swim because she just had her nose-operation (in real-life too)
Suddenly I walked off the peer onto the beach. I walked to our bags to fetch a radio, I asked Daniel for his transistor but the I saw Jack getting safety again. I walked to him in joy, but he was very angry at me. I flew away...

stardreamer

Cool :)
any idea what they ment?? :roll:

chocolate!

nope not a clue

the second obviously got something to do with my favo series
and flying, so thats a way to escape something, possibly reality
but it's so long ago

stardreamer

hmm.. indeed your favo serie.. LOL

Magela_earth

I had this crazy dream last night, but I can only remember one little blurb from it. I was trying to breed fish because it’s super hard to do and I was in my bathtub and my fish were playing with each other and somehow jumped in there and something made me think that they might mate”¦.. and they were different breeds, so I was excited. ( I don’t have fish in real life”¦go figure) and so I held them and bumped them together and then it worked”¦..this humongous hole opened up in the female, it was abnormally large and scary, and”¦well you know the rest (even though fish breed differently, they breed like mammals in my dreams, haha) and for good measure I tried again, but something was coming out of the”¦.hole. Turns out that in my dreams, when a fish gets pregnant she doesn’t want anything around her, so this greenish arm that extends about 2 feet starts swinging around pushing everything out of the way, and I’m trying to climb out of the tub and it keeps flailing around and hitting me and it’s creeping me out, shivers blarrrgh. Anyways, that’s all I remember.

Leanan

The night before last I had a weird dream. Weird even by my standards.

Before I went to bed I'd read an article in a science magazine about Austrian soldiers killed in WW I whose bodies had emerged from the ice in the Alps, and the about Alp part of the Austria-Italia front in that war...

I dreamed I was a spy in that war, don't know which side, anyway I lived in a enemy headquarters high in the mountains - annd now comes the strange part. I was male but for some reason disguised as female. And I was the girlfriend of an enemy soldier. So I had to, um, keep him happy, without him finding out I'm not a real girl...

At some point I was looking for a child to steal who'd look like him so I could say it was our baby - trouble was, how was I to convince him the child was his when we hadn't had sex, at least not the sort one can get pregnant of....

I must have done some spying too...

I've dreamed I'm male before, but never a male dressed as female...

chocolate!

Baby: to dreama bout a baby wich is our own, indicates that we need to recognise those vulnerable feelings over wich we have no control. We may be attempting somehthing new.
Dreaming on a spiritual level can indicate that the dreamer has a need for a feeling of purity....

Any man, appearring in a dream shows an aspect or facet of the dreamer's character in a recognisable form...
if the man is not known, the facet is yet not been recognised by the dreamer.

What was the soldier like?? Heroic?? Or did you know he was the enemy?

Transvestism: This signifies a cnfusion so far as gender is concerned in dreams...

Just a little analysing, couldn't resist...this may seem personal but it is pm to you to decide what is wrong or right.... I just added some subjects I see in your dream...but to you they may make absolutely no sense ;)
please lemme know?

Leanan

Well, the baby wasn't mine since I was going to steal it! Yes I knew the soldier was enemy, I was spying on their people. He seemed to me a common soldier, faceless, one of the mass. But I had to pretend I loved him. He was also a bit stupid not to notice his girlfriend was a guy really...

I am indeed a very gender-confused person...

Maybe the soldier was the part of me that doesn't know I'm not like other women.

Aldar

Okay, this is a very long dream, but I just had to share it. It's really weird, but very typical of me. I don't usually remember my dreams that well, but I wrote this one down the minute I woke up. I do that sometimes when I have very long and complicated ones.

It started with me being here on "Scrolls" (which clearly suggests that I'm here way to often... :roll: Wink), chatting with Lostshard. Then I decided to take a look on his profile, which had completely changed its design. Now, instead of showing the avatar, it showed a real picture of Shardy, and to my surprise, he was really a blond girl!

But this isn't where it gets freaky. On the profile, there was a link to episodes 28 and 29 (I have no idea where those numbers came from) of a spin-off television show of "Bonanza"(!!!) This show was also about some brothers, although they were more than three, and their parents. I clicked on the link, and started watching. The rest of the dream was all about what I saw.

In episode 28, the brothers are about to hit the sack, when their tyrant father has one of his outbursts again. Led by the oldest brother, named Jason, they decide to run away. (BTW, these brothers weren't at all like the ones in "Bonanza." They were in their teens, lived at the beach, and were vey Beach Boys-ish). So they did. However, for some unknown reason, they went through some invisible gate and ended up in another dimension or something. There they were captured by some Bedouin-like people who wanted to sell them as slaves. Back at the Bedouin camp, the youngest brother were put in a deep dark hole in the ground. When the night came, Jason escaped and went looking for his brother. He didn't see or hear anyhting, though, before he noticed the little boy screaming.

Then we see the last scene from the younger brother's point of view. From the pit, he sees a large creatures approaching in the dark, and it has big, rounf and shining blue eyes just like a car's headlights at night. And it's coming closer and closer and closer...

In episode 29, Jason arrives at the hole, but it's empty. His brother is gone. So he continues searching for him the whole night.

Elsewhere, the parents have followed their sons into this world, and they're trapped by some lepricorn-looking dwarves. They're tied up in some kind of swing set, and is forced to swing back and forth in order to lose weight(!) In the long run, the dwarves plan to turn the grown-ups into children, as they've done with many others...

In the morning, Jason comes across some gardeners, all dressed in black capes and hoods. They look very much like the ringwraith in LOTR, but on these, the faces are visible, and they're really gross; all slimey and gooey. They also have som kind of telepathic mind control, and starts forcing Jason to surrender. They're obviously bad news, so he tries to resist, but there's no use. Then, when the creepy gardeners start to crowd around him, something shoots out from the lake on his side, and drags him in and down.

And that's where I woke up... So, what do you guys make of all this? Am I nuts? And BTW, Wordgazer, if you read this, I think my looney brain might have been a little influenced by what you told me about yours and your husband's tale...

Teejay

I had such a creepy dream, a lile while ago
I dreamed about an apocolyps.
First I'm at home doing something, with?
and then I'm in a shopping mal, I walk around just looking at the shops and I come across a party (kinda disco like) but you needed tickets to get in, so I just at the poeple going in for a while and then I went back into the mal and I passed a fysiologist, so I go to sit with her, and she's just with a patient, and that patient is talking about leaving because the water is comming, she's packing up after this. anyway after a while I leave and I see the mak is closing and the main door is allready shut, so I have to use another door which opens up to woods there's a litle stair going down to a river and on that river there are hroizontal beams every few meters on which you have to walk to get to those beams you have to walk on other beams which are layed at the side of the stream. tha fysiologist is there again ans she's agry at me caus she has to help me (I'm not much for survival), but I do ok. So where going down the stream, me the fysiologist and some others from the mall and where lead by some woman. we first somewhere open and then we go further untill we reach an abandoned shed in the midle of the woods, we go inside and we talk we sit close to eachother. and there was a girl there who wasn't my best friend but who kinda held the position that my friend has in my life.
And suddenly the viewpoint is back at my home, the fysiologist is standing in my garden enjoying the fresh air and then she sees the water. my house and the houses next to me are in a big circle,and all the gardens are inside this circle (there seperted by big walls), so the water is pouring out of all the houses, out of the doors and windows. and she starts running to get inside just as the water starts comming over the wall of my garden and she shuts the door of the kitchen jsut in time.
and she goes upstairs to the first flore. meanwhile me and a guy and our leader are in the bedroom of my parents looking over the gardens and where hoping the water wont come to high. and then there's a scream from the fysiologist, but we really don't care. and then I wake up.

Nowth

In the beginning, stuff happens... involving "menacing children" living in twisting tunnels within a concrete structure of some sort. Then I'm with my mother, and we're about to enter a dark, foreboding passage a little like an underground parking garage but not too obviously so. The "menacing children" keep at a safe distance, but I expect them to assault us inside the dark building. Am not very scared though.

Then that girl (don't ask, I don't know where she came in -- has thick, dark, slightly wavy hair, dark eyes, a heart-shaped face, olive-ish skin?) is for some reason gone/lost/dead and we're in a car with my dad (?) next to a lake, salvaging debris I think, or searching for her or both.

I enter a grotto under the lake to gather some stuff we lost and there she is. She has, during her long but at the same time short stay down here, transformed the book (don't ask) into something ornamental and oriental-looking, a little like a fan but not much. She opens (or rather, activates) it, and shows me how to read it. I step into a dazzling aquamarine mosaic (it's a strange book), the feeling of being inside the pattern shifting all around me is quite impressing.

Then I'm the girl and I pack my things and the "book" and emerge. There is some sort of agent by the car now, and something's telling me I'm not supposed to be alive. He wants to make sure I won't reach "the public"? Comes walking up to me, touches me. I draw back and yell at him, "if you touch me again, I will [don't remember], IS THAT CLEAR?!"

Woke up from shouting that

chocolate!

Quote:
Aldar

It started with me being here on "Scrolls" (which clearly suggests that I'm here way to often... :roll: Wink), chatting with Lostshard. Then I decided to take a look on his profile, which had completely changed its design. Now, instead of showing the avatar, it showed a real picture of Shardy, and to my surprise, he was really a blond girl!

personae in your dream are mostly a characteristic of yourself.....shardy takes a place in your life (apparantly ;)) and the fact that he is a girl has something to do with something in your own life....how do you see shardy, and what does he have what you have that;s ment here???

[quote:b98c661516]But this isn't where it gets freaky. On the profile, there was a link to episodes 28 and 29 (I have no idea where those numbers came from) of a spin-off television show of "Bonanza"(!!!) This show was also about some brothers, although they were more than three, and their parents. I clicked on the link, and started watching. The rest of the dream was all about what I saw.[/quote:b98c661516]to dream about a boy shows the potential for growth and new experiences...

[quote:b98c661516]In episode 28, the brothers are about to hit the sack, when their tyrant father has one of his outbursts again. Led by the oldest brother, named Jason, they decide to run away. (BTW, these brothers weren't at all like the ones in "Bonanza." They were in their teens, lived at the beach, and were vey Beach Boys-ish). So they did. However, for some unknown reason, they went through some invisible gate and ended up in another dimension or something. There they were captured by some Bedouin-like people who wanted to sell them as slaves. Back at the Bedouin camp, the youngest brother were put in a deep dark hole in the ground. When the night came, Jason escaped and went looking for his brother. He didn't see or hear anyhting, though, before he noticed the little boy screaming.[/quote:b98c661516]no idea....just a nice story with really personal things...
you can see things apart: Beach-boys, Bonanza, Bedouin, slaves, what do these things mean to you??
where were you?? watcher or did you walk with them?

[quote:b98c661516]Then we see the last scene from the younger brother's point of view. From the pit, he sees a large creatures approaching in the dark, and it has big, rounf and shining blue eyes just like a car's headlights at night. And it's coming closer and closer and closer...[/quote:b98c661516]scary? very tense ;)

[quote:b98c661516]In episode 29, Jason arrives at the hole, but it's empty. His brother is gone. So he continues searching for him the whole night.

Elsewhere, the parents have followed their sons into this world, and they're trapped by some lepricorn-looking dwarves. They're tied up in some kind of swing set, and is forced to swing back and forth in order to lose weight(!) In the long run, the dwarves plan to turn the grown-ups into children, as they've done with many others...

In the morning, Jason comes across some gardeners, all dressed in black capes and hoods. They look very much like the ringwraith in LOTR, but on these, the faces are visible, and they're really gross; all slimey and gooey. They also have som kind of telepathic mind control, and starts forcing Jason to surrender. They're obviously bad news, so he tries to resist, but there's no use. Then, when the creepy gardeners start to crowd around him, something shoots out from the lake on his side, and drags him in and down.

And that's where I woke up... So, what do you guys make of all this? Am I nuts? And BTW, Wordgazer, if you read this, I think my looney brain might have been a little influenced by what you told me about yours and your husband's tale...[/quote:b98c661516]I haven't finished my book yet, so I can't tell you if dreaming about other people experiecing things means the same as when you are experiencing it in your dream......I'll let you know when I know ;)

please lemme know what you think :D

lostshard

OMG manda that was too funny.....hahahha

and Aldar? dude you are the third person on this board who dreamt about me....so weird... and i can assure you that i am def. not a girl (although i used to be blond, ........not a girl though :roll: )

also choc...how can it be i used to remember all my dreams...and the last couple of months i can't :?

chocolate!

@shardy: well, you should sort out what changed.....did you used to wake up by yourself and now by the alarm, are you under stress, do you give yourself time to remember?? How do you feel when you wake up: did you sleep light or very deep??

Aldar

Wow, thanks, Chocolate! I wasn't expecting a full analysis, but I appreciate it :)

Quote:
chocolate!

personae in your dream are mostly a characteristic of yourself.....shardy takes a place in your life (apparantly ;)) and the fact that he is a girl has something to do with something in your own life....how do you see shardy, and what does he have what you have that;s ment here???

Uh... What? I didn't really understand all that, but I think the reason why Shardy was in it, was because I had been here at "Scrolls" that whole evening. I guess I had more on my mind that wasn't allowed to express itself on "paper," so it took over my dreams instead... :roll: But what dies it really mean that he was a girl? It could have something to do with a tiny talk we once had about drag queens... :roll: Wink

Quote:
chocolate!

to dream about a boy shows the potential for growth and new experiences...

Well, that's always nice... 8)

Quote:
chocolate!

you can see things apart: Beach-boys, Bonanza, Bedouin, slaves, what do these things mean to you??

I have no idea why Beach Boys and Bonanza was in it all. I don't like, listen to, or watch any of it. It's a mystery. About the Bedouins and the slaves, it could have come from "Kingdom of Heaven"... It's not exactly the same, but that's the only explanation I have. Or, maybe, it came from listening to the "The Passion of the Christ" soundtrack. I haven't done that in ages, but there is one song on that CD that always makes me think of Bedouins. Oh, and I was only watching. All that happened on the TV show, I was watching on the computer from a link on Shardy's profile.

Quote:
chocolate!

I haven't finished my book yet, so I can't tell you if dreaming about other people experiecing things means the same as when you are experiencing it in your dream......I'll let you know when I know ;)

Yes, you do that! :D

Leanan

Hi there, O Sweet-Tongued Opener of Dreamdoors
(and that's your Leananization chocolate, accept it or not...)

I've written a Skywise fanfic during which he has a disturbing dream and goes to Savah for an explanation... That was before I found this thread... I'd like your expert comments of how I got it, that is, was Savah convincing and how would you interpret such a dream in such a situation...?

You don't have to read it if you don't have time or don't like to read fanfics.

Here's the link:

http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1478&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

chocolate!

Quote:
Aldar

Wow, thanks, Chocolate! I wasn't expecting a full analysis, but I appreciate it :)

Well you said: "So, what do you guys make of all this? Am I nuts? " So I just answered your question.... ;)

Quote:
chocolate!

[quote:af37a09f5a]I have no idea why Beach Boys and Bonanza was in it all. I don't like, listen to, or watch any of it. It's a mystery. About the Bedouins and the slaves, it could have come from "Kingdom of Heaven"... It's not exactly the same, but that's the only explanation I have. Or, maybe, it came from listening to the "The Passion of the Christ" soundtrack. I haven't done that in ages, but there is one song on that CD that always makes me think of Bedouins. Oh, and I was only watching. All that happened on the TV show, I was watching on the computer from a link on Shardy's profile.[/quote:af37a09f5a]yeah, you said so.....maybe the fact that they where bedouins, was just right for your dream, as in: it's not your own people...

[quote:af37a09f5a]Yes, you do that! :D [/quote:af37a09f5a]why, thank you :):) Glad you like it :D

@leanan, I will, as soon as I found the time for it ;) :)
Thanks for the name BTW..I've been Leananized:D:D

lostshard

people.....let me spell it out for ya'll.....I AM NOT A GIRL....

i am not a girl, i am not a girl...

.....*cries*......

....mandaaaaaaa

oww and femke, i never use a alarmclock, so that hasn't changed.....the only thing i can say for sure is....i can't seem to get out of my bed lately....and ' geen zin om naar mijn werk te gaan'...and fem? did you call be a beauty??.....*hugg* Wink

@ aldar...i don't have a link on my profile....so hmmm? colour me blond again

chocolate!

hey thanks for the hug shardy!! but now, I called the femine inside you a beauty...every human has two parts: male and female....when you dream of a female it mostly means that some female characteristic is ment such as: beauty, sensetivity, caring...that kind of stuff....

We all know your not a girl!!! And I'm not a boy, still, I mostly dream bout myself as a boy....earlier my years....
Now, I keep changing... from female to male.... Grin

lostshard

awww girl that made me shiver.... i've got a beautiful girl inside me....

Magela_earth

ya that sounds kind of creepy

*steps in front of Stefan*

no more harrassing my Stefan, you are only allowed to dream of him in male form from now on.....can you imagine poor Stefan attached to those things he fears most????? I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT (even if I am a little late) you will give him nightmares.

You are allowed to dream of Stefan in drag if you want (with nothing more than socks as yaya's) or just in female clothing, or with super long hair, or in high heels, or with a girly voice (even though that's a little creepy too) but THAT IS ALL.

HARUMPH.... the trauma, the trauma *comforts Stefan*

lostshard

OMG hahahhahahah so funny......well...and me in drag??? won't happen...well perhaps if i am really really really drunk :roll:

Leanan

@chocolate - thanks!

I dreamed it was my birthday and someone gave me wings, like the ones Windkin made for himself in Forevergreen out of wrapstuff and sticks. Unfortunately i had to stay inside the building because there were guests and it wouldn't have been polite to leave - the rooms were big but I still felt confined. But it was fun to fly... I talked with the guests about rescuing orphan baby birds from their nests... I've no idea how i was supposed to know which birds were orphans...

chocolate!

Flying shortly, means Spiritual Freedom, to escape from something....family ties??
Releasing from limitations, we are imposing ourselves...

hte building and your birhtday where both limitations....

Leanan

and the orphan birds?
:P

Could it be - my promise to give up drinking? Is drinking a limitation, or the promise? I think drinking is. If so - can't wait to spread my wings to the wind!

chocolate!

it could be yes, you see drinking as a limitation....and you want to fly away from that :)

To dream of an orphan means that we think we are vulnerable and unloved, to look after an orphan (wich I thought you didn't, only wanted) we are trying to heal that part of you that is unloved...
Or if you watch it on the third level, it is Spiritual Desertion..

Wouw, I thought it unnessecary to look that up, since it was a small part....now I know, it was important, you won't see me ignoring small parts anymore :oops: :D

Aldar

Quote:
chocolate!

maybe the fact that they where bedouins, was just right for your dream, as in: it's not your own people...

Wow! That makes sense! Thanks again, Chocolate. I'll be sure to contact you again, whenever I have a strange dream. By the way, I have some old ones that really fascinates me, and I will aski you about them, but I just have to remember them. It's been a while, but I wrote them down somewhere... I'll be back!

And Shardy, I am so sorry I dreamt you were a girl. I'll be sure to dream of you only as a guy in a dress from now on... Wink

lostshard

aaaaaarghhhhhhhhh

*throws cher wigs at Aldar*

NightAngel

Last night I dreamed me and two other friends were about to take of to travel.
We were packing only our backbags/backsacks (hehe) and were making fun, but I don't know exactly what about. We decided to go to Rome I believe.. Yeah, it was a nice and a happy dream :)

Am curious what's waiting for me this night!

chocolate!

Dreaming of packing:
1. we are hightlighting the need to prepare carefully for the next stage of our lives. There is a need or a want to get away from past ideas and difficulties.
2. We need to establish some kind of order in our lives, an internal selection process must be undertaken to decide what's important for us.
3. We need to take a choice aboiut relevant spiritual information.

twinklebug

I had a freaky dream the night before last. First, I was in some ancient civilization. Then, I was back in middle school. After that, I was suddenly at my friend's house the morning after prom, except it was a cabin in the woods, and for some reason I had brought my entire wardrobe there including some of my sister's stuff. So I packed it all up in a hurry and went to school. It was a really nice day, so I walked home. But then I realized I had one more class left! Now, I don't claim to be a perfect student, but I never ever ever skip class! Ever! So, in a complete panic, I ran to the bus stop, hoping a bus would come and take me back to school. And then I suddenly realized that my bus pass was in my backpack-- which was still at school! I prayed they'd let me on anyway once I explained my situation, but none of the buses that came were the ones I needed. And the busdrivers were mean, too! So were the people at the bus stop. They kept glaring at me for being so stupid as to possibly think these buses were going anywhere near my school!(since I had the audacity to ask.) When I woke up at 5 AM in a sort of half-sleep trance, I continued feeling guilty about missing school for about an hour before I realized it had all been a dream. So much for a good night's sleep!

scarlettdoll

i hate when that happens Twinklebug! I've had dreams like that and feel guilty or angry or sad forever before I remember it was a dream.

I had a dream this morning about murderous zombie teachers. It was so bloody and gory. *shudder*

NEXT PAGE