ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Tifa's banners and avies

redshine

Wow! There all very good but I like the updated version most! That 2nd (the yellow one) picture looks much nicer this way round - well, in my opinion anyway ...

Great work! :D

Tifa

Yay!!!
I finally discovered some things with Photoshop I was looking for for a loooong time! :D For example, the nice letters (like the ones Callidora makes) and some other stuff, too!
Expect some new stuff from me soon, I'm refreshed again!!! :D

Kitt

Lookin' good Wink

ElfTanner

Tifa. I am a huge Moonshade fan and I just love Echos Banner. Would it be possable to ask you too make me a similar one of Strongbow and Moonshade? Or maybe one like that of Clearbrook and Moonshade? I love clearbrook too. I love your style. Or maybe you could just take the sloppy one that I have and make it clearer? I don't know. I just really want a banner. I would really appreciate it. :D

NightAngel

Tifa, I like your avatars!
I've seen a few I like, but I promised Nakadah not to change my avi for a while ;)
And myself.
And, I asked Kitt to scan a pic of Leetah for me :S

*giggles*

I also would like to say again that the colors of you banners are so matching with the characters.
Great job!

Tifa

Quote:
ElfTanner

Tifa. I am a huge Moonshade fan and I just love Echos Banner. Would it be possable to ask you too make me a similar one of Strongbow and Moonshade? Or maybe one like that of Clearbrook and Moonshade? I love clearbrook too. I love your style. Or maybe you could just take the sloppy one that I have and make it clearer? I don't know. I just really want a banner. I would really appreciate it. :D

:D Thanks ElfTanner!

I'm afraid I'd need some good quality pictures of your recent banner, in order to make it clearer (which, I'm afraid I don't have)

So, I'll offer to make you a new banner! One with Strongbow and Moonshine, will that be alright? I can't promise it will be exactly like the one I made Echo though, I've discovered heaps of new stuff with Photoshop since I made that one, so.... (let's say, things I like better 8) )
It was a good practice for me though.
Anyway, I'll put you one the list! :)

Quote:
NightAngel

Tifa, I like your avatars!
I've seen a few I like, but I promised Nakadah not to change my avi for a while
And myself.

*giggles too*
That's fine, whenever you think you'd like to reserve one though, feel free! But until then: good luck with keeping your Clearbrook avatar! I have to say it *is* strange to see you using an avatar for that long.... ;)

redshine

My personal favourites in your avie collection are the sad-eyed wolf and that cute very huge 'kitten' :D

Tifa

It's Shale's wolf, and he *is* cute isn't he? :D
And also, can't wait to get my hands on a comic with a grownup Stubtail in it, I nicked this pic from the Requested pictures thread (hehehe)

Tifa

I can't bear to look anymore at some of the old banners I made ( :roll: ), so I started doing some quick 'updates' of those, too!
Here's a newer version of the Ember banner. Still not exactly what I would like to see, but then again: am I *ever* satisfied with my works? :roll: Oh well....

Tifa

Wow, I'm busy today! Here's Nienna's requested banner:

Kestral

I wanna request a banner.. but have no clue what to request XD i'm bad..

ooo can i use that ember one? if not say so and its good.

Tifa

Quote:
Kestral

I wanna request a banner.. but have no clue what to request XD i'm bad..

Grin ......Sure you can request something, if you tell me of who....... :P
How about your fave EQ character? Might be an idea....

Sorry about the Ember one, I did it for ElfEmber and she's using it herself at this moment, so.....

Kestral

Quote:
Tifa

[quote:3adf329478="Kestral"]I wanna request a banner.. but have no clue what to request XD i'm bad..

Grin ......Sure you can request something, if you tell me of who....... :P
How about your fave EQ character? Might be an idea....

Sorry about the Ember one, I did it for ElfEmber and she's using it herself at this moment, so.....[/quote:3adf329478]
hehe no prob.

hehe thats a toss up between rayek and skywise. XD

Tifa

Quote:
Kestral

hehe thats a toss up between rayek and skywise. XD

Heh, alright, I hope you like surprises then..... :P I'll put you on the list!
Please keep checking every now and then, cause it might take a while... (or not....)

By the way, I like your avatar! :)

Kestral

Quote:
Tifa

[quote:b1f98db8d2="Kestral"]hehe thats a toss up between rayek and skywise. XD

Heh, alright, I hope you like surprises then..... :P I'll put you on the list!
Please keep checking every now and then, cause it might take a while... (or not....)

By the way, I like your avatar! :)[/quote:b1f98db8d2]
hehe thank you and i'll remember*

Flowerstar

Tifa, may I request a Venka banner? Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top *puppyeyes*?

Tifa

Grin Sure Flowerstar, no problem!
By the way, I've had plans of making a Venka banner already for a long time, anyway.... Wink

redshine

Oeeeh - Tifa's been busy! Am looking forward to the new banner creations! :D

BTW - Love the 'Firehair' one! :D

Flowerstar

Yay! Thank you, Tifa :D !

Tifa

Here's the banner Arthis requested: hope you think the balance between beard and no-beard is alright? Wink

And, no worries, FlowerStar! :D

Oh yeah, adding 6 new avatars - mainly Redlance, at this moment, but I've got some more plans on some new stuff....

ElfTanner

OH Tifa, Thank You Thank You. I can't wait to see it
Surprised :D

Arthis

Quote:
Tifa

Arthis really wanted a banner of Redlance with not too much beard, or at least where he'd look good with it....

It's gorgeous, thank you so much! :D

Just one thing... is it possible to add the face of Redlance in the Go-Back lodge, with the children?

This one

Tifa

You're welcome! Wink
I realised I used more beard than I planned actually, but they were still some of my fave pics, of Redlance, so.... Oh well....

Quote:
Arthis

Just one thing... is it possible to add the face of Redlance in the Go-Back lodge, with the children?

This one

Of course! Want to replace one of the others, or should I just add it?

I added some avatars that haven't got anything to do with EQ today, plus a banner:

They're all from Suikoden (as if anyone would know it..... :roll: Ah well, you never know)

Tifa

Here's the same banner of Redlance, plus the extra pic:

Arthis

Yip yip hooray!!

So quick! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

*hugs and kisses Tifa (on the cheek)*

Tifa

Quote:
Arthis

Yip yip hooray!!

So quick! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

*hugs and kisses Tifa (on the cheek)*

Ah, another satisfied customer. 8)
Thanks, Arthis!

redshine

Don't know but like very much! Looks like an interesting character! :D

What a cute sheepish avie! Grin

Tifa

*giggles*
Thought it was something funny for a change. Feels a bit strange though, as a sheep between all these wolves...

I got to know Suikoden as an RPG on the PSX, but apparently there's a movie (or a series?) behind it too, thus the pictures... I have to say I actually haven't seen that one, but the game was a lot of fun!

Anyways, here's a banner Manga requested for her website.
It's the Rogues Curse Rayek, but I've got some more plans for an 'old style' Rayek too...

Arthis

That HighOneRayek banner is very... impressive!

Nienna

Ah check it OOOOOOUT, my banner's AWSOME!
Thanks Tifa! :D I owe you one Wink

redshine

Anybody told Lord Darkhan yet? I'm sure he'd love it to bits! :D

Tifa

Speaking of Lord Darkhan; haven't seen him around for a while......

We've got heaps of Moonshade fams here! Surprised
ElfTanner wanted a banner of her and Strongbow together. So, there you go!

Still open for suggestions, of course. Wink

Added 3 avatars, two ShenShen and a Pike (gotta love Pike!)

redshine

That's a beautiful banner, Tifa! Very lovely! :D

Yep, you gotta love Pike! So cute! :D

Tifa

Me again. :roll:
Two new avies: Ember cub and Venka/Tyleet cub.
And, one new banner: Don't know for how long I will be using it, but I'll put it in my gallery just in case. Wink

Oh yeah ---- I changed the order of the banners on the first page - I put the latest ones at the top, so it's easier to find out what's new...

Kestral

oooo liking the bannars tifa niiice

ElfTanner

My computer sucks so bad! Ok Tifa. I see you made me that banner and I really appreciate it, but I have a problem, it is coming in blurry because I went to move to another page before it loaded completely and before I realized it was even there. Can you maybe take it off and reload it so that it will come in clear for me? :oops: :oops: :oops: I hate my computer. I see the banner but it is blurry and I can't make out the pictures in the middle. Evil Grin :oops: Evil Grin I would appreciate it a lot.

Foxeye

Tifa, you really do create gorgeous banners. The way you keep the colors unified is what I like best about it.

If only there were more color drawings of Crescent out there I'd beg you to do one for me, but there's really not much for you to work with!

SUNMARK

Trinket banner? *in whiny Trinket voice*

Tifa

Wow, lots of requests and lots of praise here.... you guys are spoiling me too much... :oops:

Bonita: Sure I'd like to make you a banner, Bonita!
No worries about the pictures, I'm sure there's more than enough pictures of Newstar for me to work with!
ElfTanner: Not sure if I understand you correctly... :oops: But then again, I am not really a computerexpert.... Think it's ok if I pm the banner to you?
Foxeye: Yeah, unfortunately we didn't see too much of Crescent (yet!)... And the pictures of her that exist are either in black and white, or they're not Wendy drawn. So what I could do... I could use the black and white (try to color them, or ask someone on the forum to do that), or use any pictures of her, or use fanarts (too)...
Tell me what you think! :)
SUNMARK: [quote:7dd83fa659]Trinket banner? *in whiny Trinket voice*[/quote:7dd83fa659]
Grin Now, I can't resist that one, of course.... :D

Next one on the list Kestral!
Keep a close watch on here, cause you're next.... Wink

Kestral

oooo can't wait!

Foxeye

Quote:
Tifa

Foxeye: Yeah, unfortunately we didn't see too much of Crescent (yet!)... And the pictures of her that exist are either in black and white, or they're not Wendy drawn. So what I could do... I could use the black and white (try to color them, or ask someone on the forum to do that), or use any pictures of her, or use fanarts (too)...
Tell me what you think! :)

Weeeell...I was going to be coloring some of the b&w wendy art, to give to richard on the front page bio. I could give you those. ^_^ I've been procrastinating with that, so I'll do that tonight/today and get them to you.

cactus

Wow Tifa. Your banners keeps getting better and better :D .

Foxeye

Quick update...I've gotten the OK from Richard to color pretty much all the parts of the Wolfrider storyline that have Crescent, to show on eqcrescent.com, so it's going to take a little longer than I expected! But it'll be much cooler that way...you'll have lots to choose from.

So, um, best to, make stuff for everyone else who asks and put me on the waaaay back burner for now.

joselle

Ooh! Foxeye that's so cool! Can't wait to see them!

jadengems

I keep thinking I'd like to have a banner done by either you or Kitt...but I just have no clue what I'd want...isn't that funny?

Hehe.

~Gem

twinklebug

I love your new Eyes High banner! :D

Tifa

Foxeye: All right! Wow, lookin' forward to see all the Crescent pics! :D

jadengems: Grin Can't help you in that... I myself can never make up my mind either (guess why I keep changing my av+banner?) But, when you do find out what you want, just ask.... Wink

*happy everyone likes the banners better and better!*

Tifa

Well, no more banners it seems-------at least until Richard decides whether or not to have the banner option back....... Unhappy

NightAngel

*hugs you*

twinklebug

Well, you can still make more banners in the meantime, so when the banner option comes back, we'll have lots of wonderful banners! :D

Kitt

*hugs Tifa* :( I hope they come back, babe!

Leanan

*hugs Tifa*

manga

I don't think this means you can't make banners anymore. After all, he didn't block the avatar threads, did he? I bet they eat bandwidth too. So you can still make pretty ones for us to enjoy and to use elsewhere. :)

Leanan

... and then all the other forums we're on will suddenly go bankrupt on bandwidth? :P just kidding.

redshine

*hugs Tifa*

Don't stop creating those banners!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love your work! :D Let's hope the banners (and the artists) are not the problem and it can be fixed another way so they'll be back in no time!

ElfTanner

Just when I can finally see my banner clearly.... this figures. Anyway, Thanks for the banner Tifa, it is just perfect. You got one of my most fav moments in it. Would it be ok to use it as a banner for my moonshade site when I create it?

SUNMARK

Quote:
Tifa

at least until Richard decides whether or not to have the banner option back....... Unhappy

I'm gonna talk to Richard maybe.

Tifa

*drowns in all hugs and encouragements*

Awwwww.....

Yeah, you're right, I could still make banners of course, and yes, of course you can use the banners I made for you on other sites.
I'm still thinking whether or not to make new ones at the moment, since it seems that even if Richard will decide to have them back, there might be some restrictions in size. And since we don't know what those will be yet....
I think I'll just wait for that. But meanwhile, I probably am gonna play some more with the avatars ---- if 125 x 125 is allowed now, that means we can do much more with those, doesn't it? Wink

RichardPini

Quote:
Tifa

*drowns in all hugs and encouragements*

Awwwww.....

Yeah, you're right, I could still make banners of course, and yes, of course you can use the banners I made for you on other sites.
I'm still thinking whether or not to make new ones at the moment, since it seems that even if Richard will decide to have them back, there might be some restrictions in size. And since we don't know what those will be yet....

What I have discovered so far is that since toggling off signatures and using gzip compression, bandwidth use has gone down dramatically. This is good, but it doesn't say which of those two changes had the effect. I am considering toggling the sigs back on to do another experiment.

However, the comments I've received would indicate that while people like signature banners, there's still a large sentiment that if the banners are too big, they become intrusive - and I agree. So now there's an aesthetic decision to be made as well. My personal leaning is toward allowing banners, but keeping them to no more than "so many" pixels tall (the "so many" to be determined).

RichardPini

Take a look here:

http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3122&start=15

(By the way, though it's not meant to replace banners, I have started finding and loading a bunch more new smileys for people to use. Figured that was long overdue.)

Tifa

Hi Richard, thanks for stopping by here!

First of all: those new smileys are just perfect! :D (Let's hope they won't use up too much bandwidth?)
I was trying to use less of them, but now I see I won't be able to after all! :P

So.... thanks for showing your thoughts on the banner issue! I'm sure it must be difficult to try to please everybody, so thanks for trying anyway!
I'm not sure whether I will try to give my opinion on the size issue though, since I'd probably be biased about it (surprise) But whatever you decide in the end, I'll try to stick to it --- I'm sure it would be a big challenge to try and make banners in the 50x500 size!
Oh well, I like challenges...

Please keep us informed!

RichardPini

Quote:
Tifa

Oh well, I like challenges...

Please keep us informed!

Everyone, do the same in return!

Tifa

A big YAY!!! :D
Thanks Elfpop, for bringing back the banners!

....Now I'm gonna have a lot of resizing to do... Wink

ElfTanner

Is my banner still to big? I wouldn't know how to resize it if I had to. Without screwing up the clarity that is.

Kestral

ooo yeay for banners again.*can't wait to see her's*

joyleaf1

hey there i need some one to help me size my banner down i think??
i pmed kitt. havent gotten a reply...I have not an ounce of tec. knowlage, in fact kitt made and put my banner thing on for me.
I need help so that i may be compliant with richards rule for size :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
PLEASE!!!begging here pm me if u can help me.

Tifa

ElfTanner - Yeah, I'm afraid most of the banners I've made so far don't look too good in the 75x500 size....
I resized the one I made for you, one with green letters and one with brownish, but I'm afraid I'd have to make a totally new one, if ya ask me.... :? Which I can of course, if you like me to?
Until then here are the small ones:

Kestral - poor you, next in line and you'd had to wait extra long cause of this banner -incident... heh. Hope you can still wait a little bit more...?

joyleaf - I see your problem is already fixed! No worries about Kitt, she's cool. 8)

joyleaf1

yes thank you so much, richard saw my plea for help and did it for me! it was very kind of him to take the time. :D its so cool that we have you and kitt and a few other wonderful people here to help make and set up such beautiful stuff. :D

Tifa

Aw, I just send you a pm at the same time! You're fast! :o
And, thanks for the compliments... *blushes*
By the way way, I love that blinking sig you've got, too! :D

joyleaf1

this is so much fun for me talking to every one here, it brings me so much joy!! thank u sweet heart. the people here rock!

Kestral

yes yes i can wait a little longer :) i'm a patient girl

RichardPini

I've noticed that simply downsizing the banners works for some, and doesn't work so well for others. I'm grateful to everyone who's working with me (behind the scenes, as it were) on this, making new banners for those whose previous versions would lose something in the shrinking process.

callidora

My banners lost nothing in the shrinking process...then again...there wasn't much on them to shrink :| , ah, well.

Silberschweif

I had no time to visit the boards the last days and now

*snif* I lost my old banner Unhappy

I would be so happy to have a new one with Ahdri and Windkin.
Tifa, you make such wonderful banners, can you make me also one? *puppyeyes*

chiefwildfire

tifa, I would be greatful if u could make me a Bearclaw banner? andoh what is that thing in the box on the top left side?
please pm me? :D

innie

Can I reserve this avatar?

She looks so cute :)

redshine

Hi Tifa! Just wanted to let you know you don't need to worry about my Rainsong banner - the resizing worked quite well! :D

ChristinaRaibert0

Hey Bonnie - I can resize the banner for you as I still have the original file :)

ChristinaRaibert0

Sure, it's not a problem :D I'll pm it to you today or tomorrow

Tifa

Quote:
Kestral

yes yes i can wait a little longer i'm a patient girl

Good girl! 8) :P

Quote:
RichardPini

I've noticed that simply downsizing the banners works for some, and doesn't work so well for others. I'm grateful to everyone who's working with me (behind the scenes, as it were) on this, making new banners for those whose previous versions would lose something in the shrinking process.

I'm sure everyone wants this forum to stay such a nice place, so who wouldn't want to do their best for that? :)

Aw Calli, stop pulling down yourself so much! Your banners rock! :)
By the way, love your new geisha banner, I'm very curious for the movie!

*Falls for Silberschweif's puppy eyes*
I'd love to make you a banner of course! :o

chiefwildfire, Bearclaw banner, sure! :)
Ehm.... thing in box? ....Eh yeah, maybe I should pm you... :oops:

Innie, the ShenShen avie is yours now!

All the other nice people: Thanks everybody for being such a bunch of nice and helpful people! :love:
Still, if anyone needs help with resizing, I can help - it's done in no time (that is, if I am online Wink )

Tifa

All right, Kestrel, here's a Skywise banner for you.... hope you like it!

Also made another non-EQ banner (just felt like it)

callidora

I'm so glad you like my geisha banner! Took me forever to find pictures good enough to use. I wanted to get some pics of the scene where she makes the guy on the bike run into a chicken wagon with one look. It's a great movie, Tifa, you should definately see it.

Sandraugiga

Wow! I was just watching the first post and alll I can say is WOW! (And I am not really fan of banners..) :oops: :oops:

Kestral

Quote:
Tifa

All right, Kestrel, here's a Skywise banner for you.... hope you like it!

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!*glomp molest hugs!!*
loove it*goes to save it and plop it in with the jrock bannerXD*

Kestral

*checks out the new banner and yums* pprrfect XD

twinklebug

Oooh! I love it! :D

redshine

Tifa - you excell again! I love that Skywise banner! :D

Tifa

You're all such sweeties! *hugs* :love:

All right, slowly I'm gonna try to redo the older banners too, just changing only a few things (besides of course the size).
Here's a redone banner for Nienna:

I'm really liking this new banner size! Looks so much smoother! :D
Although not so much detail can be put in there - elves faces rather than their whole bodies as it would be too tiny to see anything of it!

Teejay

could you resize mine to, pretty please

Tifa

All right!
I've redone most of the banners, with links to the original files on the first page.
Unfortunately........ there's some which I'd have to do more than just make some small changes, and yours Teejay (sorry! :( ) happens to be one of them.....
No more time today, but I will try to do it this week, probably tomorrow, if that's ok?

(psssst Teejay, haven't seen you for a while! How are you? :) )

Teejay

that's okay, I'll wait Wink
and I'm fine btw, real life is no longer holding me hostage Grin
hope everythings ok with you to, I missed you, I missed everyone here :?

Tifa

Yeah, real life really does have a way of sneaking up on ya, doesn't it! Grin
Well, happy to have you back! :D
Here's your new and "improved" ( :roll: ) Tyleet banner!
I had to change some things, like I said, but I hope you still like it anyway.

Teejay

I love it thx :D

Tifa

Ur welcome.

chiefwildfire

:D looking forward to the banner when u can! Thank you very much.

twinklebug

I know this is way too early, but when you get Discovery #2, can you make me a banner of Strongbow and Moonshade's cub? (If there's enough pictures of her to make a banner, that is.) She's so cuuuuuuute!

Tifa

Aww yeah, she *does* look like a cutie from the previews I've seen! :)
Unfortunately I won't be able to get my hands on Discovery (at least for a loooooong time), but with the pictures that will be available online I'm sure I can do something!

*adds Twinklebug to the list*

redshine

Maybe somebody who's already got Discovery could help by scanning in a few pictures?

I'm still waiting for mine but once it's there I'll be glad to help you out. :D

Tifa

Aw thanks honey! :o

Well, I got to doing another banner, on request of Flowerstar!
[img:6f41bac4a1]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/TifaEQ/venk.jpg[/img:6f41bac4a1]
And some non-EQ related...
[img:6f41bac4a1]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/TifaEQ/inu-yasha.jpg[/img:6f41bac4a1]
...with matching avie! Wink ---->[img:6f41bac4a1]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/TifaEQ/inu1.jpg[/img:6f41bac4a1]

Also I added the avatars I did of fanarts that some of our great forum-artists made! :D

Flowerstar

Squeeee! Tifa, it's wonderful :D ! Thank you very much *huggles* *runs off to update sig*!

... And it even has wee Venka and Tyleet snuggling :D !

P.S: Like the Inu Yasha one, too - the avie is very cute, too :o .

NEXT PAGE