ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Nice weather, huh!

Tifa

All right, all right, I know I have some crazy (and boring) habits..... I just like the weather! I spend time every day to check out what weather it will be today and after and after.....
I must be nuts, but anyway.
I even checked all the pages here to see if no one started a topic like this, and they didn't, so HAH! I do it! :P

I just had to tell someone that they predicted temperatures here of -18 degrees for this weekend! BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

There, I did it.... *phew*

So.... What's the weather like over there?

Aldar

It's getting dark here, but it's still snowing.

Tifa

Ahh! Cold weather is only nice when there is snow!

*loves the snow* 8)
*looks outside and sees that the snow has turned into ice which makes the streets very dangerous*

Oh, I actually have to go out there now... Surprised

lostshard

it's cloudy a bit rainy and 8 degrees celcius...i want a real winter like yours... seeing the snow fall...(flashback)

NightAngel

Next week it's gonna be really cold in the Netherlands.
No snow, but frozen ice instead.

NightAngel

Uh...frozen water!

Zebula77

We've been hit by a storm here. It's crazy! The wind is so cold, it's effectively - 30 degrees celcius. Surprised

Aldar

Narve the Storm, right? I saw some of it on the news, Zeb. A guy was trying to get out of his car, but the wind was so strong he couldn't get the door open... Surprised

lostshard

wow...that's awfull...and kinda hilarious...seeing him trying and trying..

but it's gonna freeze then, angel?

owww i hope it will snow in two weeks when i go to amsterdam, i want to see it in snow...and my family in Lelystad live on a nice spot...

i am just weary of the rain damn it

Zebula77

Quote:
Aldar

Narve the Storm, right? I saw some of it on the news, Zeb. A guy was trying to get out of his car, but the wind was so strong he couldn't get the door open... Surprised

Narve, yeah. What a stupid name for a storm, eh? :roll:

Aldar

Quote:
Zebula77

Narve, yeah. What a stupid name for a storm, eh? :roll:

I know. Why not... Njord? Man, suddenly I can't come up with any Norwegian men's names beginning with N except for Nils. And that'd be even sillier. Grin

Adsartha

Here must be some 12ºC and it's a Winter shiny day, by night it gets colder but it's not very cold at least for me but I'm different, I should be born somewhere in Scandinavia, everybody here dresses at this time like it was damn cold, with gloves and lots or clothes and so on and I've just a sweater and a jacket. But it is hot (if I can tell this) for the time of the year, even here!

Zebula77

Heheh, but Njord. Who the hell is called Njord these days, heheh. How about Nurg. That sounds kinda scary.

twinklebug

Raining so much that some parts of town are flooded! Surprised No flooding near my neighborhood, though.

Mynx

Foggy and snowing. But not terribly cold here...

krwordgazer

Quote:
twinklebug

Raining so much that some parts of town are flooded! Surprised No flooding near my neighborhood, though.

I think Twinklebug and I only live an hour's drive or so from one another. . .

Amazing amounts of rain. Some highways are closed from flooding, causing bad traffic problems. Soggy. Very, very soggy.

At the moment, though, the sun is trying to peek through for a moment-- we Oregonians are grateful in the winter for any glances we get of the sun!

I am half envious of you snow-dwellers, though. Every year my kids pray and wish and hope for a couple of days of real snow that will stay on the ground. Don't know if it's going to happen this year or not.

ElfEmber

I hope that what I'm going to say isn't going to make everyone too jealous:

Right now its 57 degrees and tomorrow its going to be a high of 64! This is not usual weather for January at all here in Virginia.
I have to admit I'm not too happy because today is my birthday and I love when it is cold or snowing on my birthday! It just doesn't feel right.... even though it does feel good outside.

::sigh:: I hope everyone else's weather changes for the better!

Nakadah

Well we actually got snow yesterday here! Surprised We got a whole bunch of snow in November, when we hardly get any, and now that it's come around to when we usually get a lot of snow, we have 50 degree (f) weather! We had snow yesterday, but today it got up to 50, and all of it melted..

Emma

dreamwalker

Well here in Seattle the weather is typical. Rain of course. We just missed breaking our record for non stop rainfall of 33 days, but made it 27 days straight of rain. We had one dry day and for the past 6 days nothing but rain. On the upside they are predicting that Sunday MAY not have rain, but it will pick up again after that.

cactus

It's cold. And it has been snowing for two days now. I'm glad to get a little more snow, but I'm tired of being so cold. It is minus 15 degrees celcius now :? . Oh, and there is quite a lot of wind. It is almost impossible to drive, cause the wind is blowing over the road so you can't see the the sides of the road. All one can see is snow moving Surprised . (And cars standing in the roadside,,)

scarlettdoll

I'm in what would pass for most of ya'lls summer right now. It's about ~70 degrees Fahrenheit (~21 Celsius). Today was pretty and sunny with a nice breeze. Tomorrow (Friday, technically now it is today) is supposed to be rainy but who knows.

The temperature will yo-yo up and down a few more times but essentially, our winter is over. :)

Tifa

I didn't know so many people care to talk about weather! Grin

I'm getting confused about the difference between Celcius and Fahrenheit though... All I know is that 0°C mean water freezes, 100°C it starts boiling. And that 100°F is human body temperature... Is that right? Hm, why not keep the same system all over the world? (whichever one)

[quote:1ed30cf764]Narve, yeah. What a stupid name for a storm, eh? [/quote:1ed30cf764]I guess you had so many storms over the last couple of months, that it might be getting more and more difficult to find some original names, huh! Wink

Poor you, all the rain! Hardly ever rains over here.
And yeah, I like the snow! Being used to living in Holland, I hardly ever saw snow, so being here in Eastern Europe is really a treat for me! :D I take the cold temperatures for granted... Wink
(as long as it doesn't get so bad as it is in Moscow at the moment --- -40°C and below... Surprised )

NightAngel

It's getting dark and it started to rain!

YAY!

I'm in a "I'm only happy when it rains" mood :D

Aldar

Is there no end to this weather?? It's been snowing here for days now, and when I say snowing, I mean SNOWING! I'm scared I won't be able to open the front door in the morning...

NightAngel

Snow is nice for a few days.. ;p
And only if I'm safe inside my house and not in my car :D

Shadikka

It's minus fsck-/dev/hda1-ing 30 Celsius here. And the wind blows. And I'm cycling to my hobbies... \o/ The most perfect combination!

Tifa

Tomorrow going iceskating here, there's this huge lake that froze over, so should be fun! ^^
Temperatures a bit below 0 Celcius at the moment, but it will drop this weekend to a -12 day and -25 at night.... Brrrrrrrr!
*insert freezing smiley in here* ^^

twinklebug

It's raining so incredibly hard right now, I can hear it on the roof of the library. That doesn't usually happen! Surprised

Flametwister

We're having downright unseasonal weather! It's in the sixties right now Surprised .

krwordgazer

Quote:
Tifa

I didn't know so many people care to talk about weather! Grin

I'm getting confused about the difference between Celcius and Fahrenheit though... All I know is that 0°C mean water freezes, 100°C it starts boiling. And that 100°F is human body temperature... Is that right? Hm, why not keep the same system all over the world? (whichever one)

Wow, this thread is more interesting than you'd think, isn't it? Grin

It would be helpful if everyone posting about their weather would give us the region of the world they live in, for a frame of reference for the rest of us.

The reason, Tifa, that there are two temperature measurement systems is that Fahrenheit is the one that was invented centuries ago. Celcius is much more recent and is meant to be easier to understand, being based on the freezing and boiling points of water. My understanding is that most of Europe switched over several decades ago. The reason the US still uses Fahrenheit is that we Americans are stubborn little Yankee Doodles (I can say this because I am one Wink ) who: 1) don't like to change unless we are the ones instigating the change, and 2) don't like to do things just because everyone else is doing them. The goverment tried to switch the grade schools over to Celcius in the 1970's and met with opposition from the rest of the citizenry. . . Grin

Now they're teaching both Fahrenheit and Celcius in the schools, so hopefully in another generation we'll be ready to make the switch.

Nakadah

Argh! In Ohio we're stil getting really warm weather! We've been getting a lot of rain lately as well.. I hate unseasonal weather! (except for when it's cool in the summer..)

That's weird.. In school I haven't been really learning all that much about Celcius.. We still just use Fahrenheit obviously. I'll probably learn more about Celcius in hih school, hopefully..

Emma

cactus

Quote:
Aldar

Is there no end to this weather?? It's been snowing here for days now, and when I say snowing, I mean SNOWING! I'm scared I won't be able to open the front door in the morning...

I KNOW Surprised !!!!! Today I was barely able to drive out of the garage. The snow reached my knees. And that was only what came during the night, cause our neighbour was... hmm.. what's it called? He was doing this:
in our driveway last night.
It's nice with a little snow, but why do we have to get it all at once?

[quote:8a4cf17f01]It would be helpful if everyone posting about their weather would give us the region of the world they live in, for a frame of reference for the rest of us. [/quote:8a4cf17f01]
Good idea :D . I'm close to Oslo in Norway.

Eleina

It's nice weather in Finland. No wind as i can see. Not too much snow, the sun is shining (for now) and there's only about -23° Celcius. I could go for walk because i don't know what's the weather is in evening and today is not school (huray for weekends)!

Oh yeah.[quote:bab1049679]It would be helpful if everyone posting about their weather would give us the region of the world they live in, for a frame of reference for the rest of us. [/quote:bab1049679] I'm close to Helsinki (our capital city) in Finland.

Leanan

*giggle* "only about -23", eh, Eleina? Trying to rough it out like a real Go-Back? :P

It's minus twenty something in Tampere too - cold as anything. I'm wearing three pairs of gloves on top of each other (because that's easier than buying a pair of really thick winter gloves).

The lake is still not frozen over. Steam rises off the water because the air is so cold.

And the sky is clear. I'm so happy. Going stargazing again tonight. :D

krwordgazer

-23 degrees Celcius. I guess that corresponds to about 10 below zero Fahrenheit. Brrr!

Here in Oregon (US, Pacific Northwest), it rarely gets below freezing (32 F, 0 C). Of course, the air is very moist always, so the chill factor makes it seem much colder than it really is! The moist, chill air goes right through your clothing.

LeeM

"Narve the Storm" sounds like a Piers Anthony novel.

Celsius to Fahrenheit: F=C*1.8 + 32. Alternatively just type "(number) Celsius in Fahrenheit" into Google and it'll save you from needing a brain.

In Britain at the end of December we had half an inch of snow and temperatures of -1 C. As a result transport, power and communications were totally disrupted and our economy may not recover until Easter.

Shadikka

Lovely. It's -25 Celsius here (-13 Fahrenheit). And you don't need to Google more than like this: "-25 Celsius in Fahrenheit", since Google has a built-in calculator thingie. Nope, I'm not joking. Try it out. 8)

But anyway, it's no wind outside and -25C so it's not as bad as one would think it is. It's the wind that makes it reeeaaaally cold outside sometimes. Yesterday it was -27 and a bit wind and I and my little brother walked 7km (4.35 miles). Why must my friends live that far away? It's 9km there from, err, "home". I'm at my father now and he lives much closer to them...

I live ~100km about northeast from Tampere in Finland. In the middle of nowhere \o/

redshine

*somehow starts missing the winter and the long rides of years past ...*

Getting all historic here - I used to go horseback riding at minus 20 for about 4 hours on a regular basis and loved every minute of it - now the mere thought of it makes me shudder ...

Well, it's been fairly mild recently (low to mid thirties) and we had enough rain so we couldn't get across the causeway one day last week (always happens once in January) but now it's back to the good old low fourties again so we spent the whole day at the beach and my eldest started surfing (I had a try at it too and it was hilarious). My nearly 2year old just throws himself into the waves without the board leaving mom in terror when he goes all under ...

Now we're home again and I washed sand off in places I didn't know you could get it ... Wink But it was fun ...

Tifa

Thank you WordGazer for clearing things out! Very interesting to know. :D

It's almost noon here, and right now it's -15°C and 5°F (hurrah for Google! :D ) here in the area, although probably at the place where I am myself (Budapest, Hungary, Eastern Europe) it's a few degrees higher as the smog tends to keep the warmth a bit longer. :?
Sun is shining though, that didn't happen too often in the last few months! Mmmm! 8)
They say tomorrow will be the coldest (-25) and after that, temperatures will get a bit milder again, hopefully.

Brrrr, I can't even imagine it being -25 in Scandinavia, does that mean you've got polar bears running around too? :P

Zebula77

Blahh, here in the middle of Norway, it's ice all over the place. Very slippery, and very wet. No fun. :roll:

Shadikka

No polar bears, igloos or Eskimos here. Sorry. ;) That's a common misunderstanding... We have a proper summer here, you know :D (Not any kind of offense intended.)

It's only -10C here anymore. That's veeeery warm compared to what it was yesterday (-25). Not a sunbathing weather by any means, but at least one doesn't need 20kg of clothes on when outside.

I can barely wait for the summer again... +20 is beginning to sound so terribly nice once again. And that's not even near the peak temperature we've had. Last summer peak was +32, I think.

Tifa

[quote:c3f9082d56="Shadikka"]It's only -10C here anymore. That's veeeery warm compared to what it was yesterday (-25).[/quote:c3f9082d56]
*only* -10, yes that's very warm... Grin
Mmmm yes, I love winter but I am also looking forward to summer.... 20 degrees would be nice for a starter! Last summer's peak temperature was just above 40°C, now that was a bit too much for me...
I guess the recent cold is to balance the averages... Wink

Nakadah

ARGH! I hate warm weather in the winter!! I like the cold weather, (maybe not negative degree weather..) I like snow! And today I'm going on a ski trip after school, and we have no snow, and it's at least 40 degrees (F) outside right now! Evil Grin

Emma

Leanan

Minus 5 only in Tampere. Almost pleasant. Cloudy.

Lake Pyhäjärvi finally frozen over (well, Shadikka knows which lake I mean, even if no one else does - he lives close enough he might know it, at least), but the ice is so thin it breaks if one throws a large ice chunk off the bridge at it (which has always been my prefered method of investigating the thickness of new ice... there's always large ice chunks on bridges, they've been ploughed off the road).

Some snow. Slippery sidewalks.

Eleina

[quote:720b0b6e2e="Leanan"]*giggle* "only about -23", eh, Eleina? Trying to rough it out like a real Go-Back? :P
[/quote:720b0b6e2e]
*laughs* No... Nothing like that. :D It was ONLY -23, cause it had been even colder than that in that morning. ;) Like almost -30 Celcius.

It's snowing a bit cloudy. Very quiet outside, could go for walk but i promised to myself that i will read to my history test this evening.
Mom said it was only -7 celcius. Nice weather anyways.

jadengems

I want snow, I want snow, I want snow!! Forget kids getting out for a snow day...what about us teachers...we are all about to crack with 60 degree weather in JANUARY!! Where is our snow!! *has nervous break down and tantrum all in one*

~Gem

The teenagers are driving me crazy and its only Monday!!!

joselle

No fair, no fair! All this talk of snow, and bad weather! (feel like I can't participate!) *checks outside window* Oh, well, it's about 72 F, and I see a rainbow over Manoa!

and....confession time!
I have never see snow!

*runs*

jadengems

Agghhh!! Life without snow...you are a Sun Folk!!

I am a snow freak...love waking up and walking outside in the snow. It's so stillquiet...I mean you feel like you shouldn't breathe. Snow muffles everything. It's the best day in the world when you can sleep in from work because of snow.

I'd ship you snow if I could just bloody find some!

~Gem

Tifa

Oh Joselle, I feel so sorry for you.... NOT!!!!!! :roll: :P Come and visit Europe one day!
Boring weather here, cold again, and sunny (at least it was before sunset... :roll: )

cactus

[quote:de73720823="jadengems"]I want snow, I want snow, I want snow!![/quote:de73720823]
We have plenty. I wish I could send you some of ours :( . We have enough for you too now I think Grin .
*Tries to shuffle some of the snow over to Jadengems*
[img:de73720823]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/verschiedene/k018.gif[/img:de73720823]

Surprised And you have never seen snow Joselle? Right now I wish I hadn't either Grin .

It started to snow again here today. And it's quite windy too. I'm glad I don't have to go outside again today :D .

joselle

No snow, sad isn't it? I've been to France and England, but that was during summer.

I can ice skate though. We have an indoor rink in Hawaii, lots of little kids have their birthday parties there. But right now, that seems a little sad.... and a little blashemous. :P

So do you guys like, roll around in the snow and build snowmen and stuff? Or is that really only in movies?

cactus

We do that :D . Or I do, at least. Mostly when I eas younger though Grin . But right now I have to say I envy you. The snow is so [i:7eabcb9127]cold[/i:7eabcb9127].

krwordgazer

What we have now is FOG. Lots of it, lasting all day. Better than the constant rain, but oh, how I long to see the sun again!

Joselle, we don't get much snow here-- once or twice a year (and some years none at all). So when it does come, everyone goes out and plays in it! Snowmen, yes! Even the grownups, many times.

joselle

We don't have fog either. The first time I saw fog was in Cali, near Santa Monica bay, and I freaked out. I thought there was a fire, except it didn't smell like smoke. And I couldn't see anything....I thought I was going to get axe murdered!

So what's the coldest weather you guys have been in/had?

rholt

The winter I lived in my van it got down to 28 F. Brrr!

Shadikka

-33 Celsius and quite a wind. That was quite freezing...

Adsartha

Today's it's a cloudy day, I guess it will rain in some hours what doesn't fits me very well 'cause I gotta go get my cat at the vet by transport and walk a little! But the temperature is fine for this time of the year, 14ºC max. and 8ºC minim.

Fourleafclover

It's far too warm up here in Saskabush for it to be January.... it's supposed to get up to plus 5 today! Surprised That's T-Shirt and shorts weather!

We don't have alot of snow.... darn it if it doesn't keep melting. Most people complain about our harsh winters but I think it could be a little harsher..... give me 10 to 20 below for another month or so.

Shadikka

Hmm... It's fun BTW, some people (probably not very many here) think that +12 Celsius is cold. I really AM wearing shorts and T-shirt sometimes when it's +12 ^^ Wait a few months and I'll prove it with a photo if needed ;]

Fourleafclover

[quote:1976e05798="Shadikka"]Hmm... It's fun BTW, some people (probably not very many here) think that +12 Celsius is cold.[/quote:1976e05798]

Surprised

I can logically understand why but still.... plus 12 C?

Surprised

PeterA

[quote:ea06238bc4="Fourleafclover"] Most people complain about our harsh winters but I think it could be a little harsher..... give me 10 to 20 below for another month or so.[/quote:ea06238bc4]
You wouldn't be saying that if you had to pay the heating bill. Surprised The milder, the better. Gas bills are going thru the roof here. :o Evil Grin My checkbook can't wait for spring. :)

Nowth

I'm praying for an ice age...

No, I'm not, because I don't know who to pray to. But it'd be nice! Everything would be buried! And then crushed! Man! What more do you want.

Alas, there's just the slightest dusting of snow outside. Winter is broken.

Leanan

New snow on the ground... temperature somewhere below zero... trees looking nice with snow on them... lake now the proper colour of a lake to be this time of the year, white that is.

But the sky is cloudy. I almost got used to seeing the stars every night... :(

Mynx

We got about an inch or so of this strange crusty sort of snow last night... not quite frozen rain, not exactly snow either. Slippery stuff, anyhow. It was an adventure trying to get down the stairs from my apartment this morning.

lunakat

It's really warm and sunny here.

Blue skies. Hot even. I'm wearing short sleeves.

:P

NightAngel

Oeh it's cold.
Only 1 degree.

And tomorrow night it's gonna freeze -7.

lunakat

Man! I am [i:6e00cb4744]so[/i:6e00cb4744] not jealous!

NightAngel

Ah well, as long it's not snowing I'm a happy girl ;P

Nakadah

Are you kidding? I love the snow!

Well it finally started to get colder here! We got some snow the other day, and though it was just a little bit, I was so happy to finally see some real snow! When my school's ski club goes skiing, we have to ski on the "snow" that they make on the mountain. We haven't gotten to ski on any real powder so far.. :(

Emma

NightAngel

Snow is stupid.

It's fun for one or two days. But not if I have to drive through it :D
Way too dangerous.

*throws snowball in Nakadah's face* Gotcha!

Nakadah

I like the snow for the first couple of days at least. But then when it turns to slush.. YUCK! But at least I don't have to worry about driving through it. I leave that to my sister or parents.

GAH! *throws snowball at Nighty's head* Gotcha! *runs away*

Emma

cactus

The weather has been great here the last few days. It's been sunshine :D . I don't think I've even seen the sun since november or something :? . Of course, this also means that it's really cold now in the winter. Today it was - 15c... brrrr. But it's beautiful outside with all the snow when the sun is shining :D .

lostshard

but when it's that cold you and stig can curl up and all...i love the cold....every one around here is complaining about the cold (it's just minus 2 a 3 degrees below zero) and i am loving it...nag-people

cactus

Grin No we can't. Cause it's so cold!!! I can't even touch him, he says my fingers feels like icicles :? . Besides.. he's not home now.
When I came home from work yesterday it was 8 degrees in the livingroom, and that was the warmest room in the house Surprised . I felt so sorry for Brandy. Her ears was cold as ice :( .

Have you got any snow yet?

Nakadah

ARGH! It's about fifty degrees (F) here! I like this kind of weather.. In the spring and fall! but not when it's supposed to be winter! I went out for a walk with my mom, and I was only in jeans and a hoodie. I even had to roll up the sleeves on the hoodie, because it was so warm outside!

Emma

lostshard

holy jesus...no no snow yet and it's driving me insane...(hence the toothbrush thing)

aww poor brandy with her frozen ears

cactus

Sorry to hear that... Hope you get some soon.

And yes, I could almost hear them ringing when she shook her head Grin .

lostshard

ahahaaahaaaa... poor doggie.....you could dip them in your coke....icecoke :mrgreen:

cactus

Poor Brandy :( .
Oh no, now we are spamming again.
*Is desperately trying to find some new weather information*
It is actually -18 degrees outside now Surprised .

lostshard

it's -4 now...let the complaining start..

oww spamming?

*zips*

Flametwister

It's pretty nice right now, actually, it's fairly warm (40-something), and sunny out.

Nakadah

It's the same way here.. I hate off-season weather! Are you in the Midwest are in the U.S.? That's where I am..

Emma

krwordgazer

The sun came out! The sun came out! Excitement, ecstacy! (yes, I've been deeply sun-deprived for weeks and weeks. . .)

Last night the whole family was awakened by the loudest thunderclap we'd ever heard in our lives, followed by a huge cloudburst.

Weird to have a thunderstorm in January, in Oregon.

NightAngel

Oooh I wish I had my photo camera with me when I drove through the morning to home.

What a heavenly sunrise!
Honest, sunrises in winter are the most beautiful!
All kinda colours in the sky...while everyone is sleeping or waking up.

*sigh*

So nice!

Tifa

So warm here, I didn't even wear my gloves! ....It was only just -1! :D
So funny that in spring when it's 15 degrees, people wear t-shirts and all.... while in autumn at 15 degrees everyone starts wearing gloves and hats, it seems! :roll:

joselle

Okay seriously, you guys are all freaks. I start to freeze at 60 F, I go to college in California and I am nearly always wearing long thermal underwear under my jeans. 65 F is about the lowest I can comfortably go. (plus..somehow....I seems to have no winter wardrobe at all.)

I think 45 F is the coldest weather i've ever been in.

Adsartha

Yesterday it happened something amazing in Lisbon, it snowed!!! The last time it was seen in Lisbon was 52 years ago, tears fell from my eyes. Generally in winter it only snows in the highlands and inner center of Portugal, but with the cold wave that has been afecting Europe and because it was raining in most of the country it snowed in almost the whole national territy, even in the beach. Something to remember, no doubt. I had already seen snow and snowing but never in my city!!

Nowth

15 C/60 F is a comfortable temperature... anything more and I can't wear my scarves and then I feel icky and exposed. (No, I would never, ever wear shorts.) 75 and up and it gets painful (as in needles stinging into my skin everywhere) and anything above 80 is just plain intolerable. Why people take vacations where it's warmer rather than colder... I wish I could. I'd rather freeze my fingers off than sweat. I hate summer, even here in Germany. If it's a bad year, everything from May through September is basically "dead time".

NightAngel

That's great Adsartha :D

Tifa

Hee hee Nowth, are you scared of the sun? ^^
I do understand your love for winter, cold doesn't bother me, I like it! :D It also means I can hide my white skin under big jumpers and such. Yeah, I never get a tan even if I bake for weeks in the sun... You should see my legs, they reflect the light... :roll:

Oh Adsartha, your story sounds so special! I can imagine, such an unusual thing (and so nice, I love snow! ^^) Did the temperature drop, too? Cause you mentioned it was so much warmer than usual in Portugal, a few weeks ago....

No snow here, but temperatures remaining around zero celcius. It even came a little bit above zero yesterday! It almost felt like spring....

Adsartha

Quote:
Tifa

Hee hee Nowth, are you scared of the sun? ^^
I do understand your love for winter, cold doesn't bother me, I like it! :D It also means I can hide my white skin under big jumpers and such. Yeah, I never get a tan even if I bake for weeks in the sun... You should see my legs, they reflect the light... :roll:

Oh Adsartha, your story sounds so special! I can imagine, such an unusual thing (and so nice, I love snow! ^^) Did the temperature drop, too? Cause you mentioned it was so much warmer than usual in Portugal, a few weeks ago....

No snow here, but temperatures remaining around zero celcius. It even came a little bit above zero yesterday! It almost felt like spring....

Yes, the temperature in Lisob went a to 0º but that ins't unusual in winter, last year it was colder soetimes with negative temperature, but as it was raining that day with the cold air it snowed. Right now the temperature is about 10º 11º but as I'm am a "hot" person it's almost like Spring to me! Hehehehe But Sunday it was really special, I never thought to live to see snow in Lisbon!

Eleina

It has been snowing almost all day ( oh. it stopped a few minuts ago? I swear it was snowing a while ago!). It's difficult to go to school by bike if there is too much snow on the road. :? Not that i hate snow. I think it's beautiful and if you're in lappland it's sooo peacefully in winter, there is snow everywhere and so quiet. I like that. :)
Haven't been on computer for a while. Nice to see that people didn't run a way of that time when i was gone. xD

Kitt

It's just overcast over here. The temp is like 45. Not too eventful Wink

joselle

don't know if this is really the right topic for this, but it is weather related....

so...I am going to see snow on monday! My boyfriend is taking me skiing for a pre-valentines day vacation! (in Bigbear, California)

so....I would like not to die of hypothermia, or have my fingers fall off...so...any snow tips for a first timer! (He's from Hawaii to so he'll not be much help)

any quick info will be helpful! what to wear...signs you are going to freeze to death and die....should one pee their name in the snow? that kind of thing!

oh, and it's kinda cloudly right now!... (to be on topic!)

NightAngel

Cool Joselle, hope you'll have much fun!

Hm, I never skied in my life (only snowboarded in a fake snow dome thingy, and I didn't dress myself very well cause it was sooooo cold!)

You need to have a good skiing suit I guess ;)
And a dog like this:

Who can give you strong alcohol if you are about to freeze Grin

Tifa

Ohh Joselle, you shouldn't forget to have a snowballfght at least! :D

No news here, still the same: cold (maybe like minus 5 or so) and gray. It actually snowed a little bit today, but we'll see if any's left tomorrow.

Nakadah

DAMN IT! We had a winter storm warning for today, and I got all excited thinking that we'd finally get som snow. But no, it had to stay warm, so now we're getting tons of rain instead!! Evil Grin

Emma

Eleina

Sorry to hear that, Emma. You could come to Finland. Here is enough snow! But it's also cold, about -20 Celcius in Southern- Finland.

Nakadah

Well that's okay, since we finally got some real snow!! :D

Just a little of course, but it got cold enough yesterday that it was really comin' down. Of course it wasn't quite cold enough to stick for the most part, but as the night wore on, we got some on the ground. So now we should get more today, so my sister and I are praying for a ton of snow, and a snow day tomorrow! We haven't gotten one all year so far! (Though I doubt we'll actually get a snow day, my sister and I are going to do a snow dance tonight.)

Emma

cactus

I'm so glad you are finally going to see/feel snow Joselle :D . Let us know what you thought of it.

Here it's been snowing for days now. Monday morning I couldn't even get the car out of the driveway :? . It feels like I've been doing nothing else than shuffeling snow lately. Hehe, my dog jumped into the snow today and disappeared completely. But she loves it :D .

NEXT PAGE