ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Badger's going postal

Badger

Nakadah has dolls, so why couldn't I tell about my new hobby?
So, I registered to a postcrossingsite and just requested an address to send a card.
First one is already on it's way to Netherlands, and the second one - also to Netherlands - is going today. I will request the third address today.

So.. I like to paint these cards myself, they are original and made with love. I'm very pleased with the first one I painted, too bad, I can't show it to you. I'm very pleased with the second one as well, though my family doesn't get it. :roll: Well, it's art, and art's never clear as crystal.

I wonder, when I get the first card from somewhere else. Someone got the first two weeks after sending her own first. So postcrossing isn't very impulsive and fast to be a hobby. :)
Perfect for me, because I like getting cards as much sending them.
So, this is enough for now, I shall tell more, when I send a new one or get a card from somewhere else.

Badger

The third card - I requested an address five minutes ago - is also going to Netherlands.
Gee, it seems, that people of Netherlands are very much into this hobby. :roll:
Ah well, I looked the current top countries of the cards sent, and it seems that Finland is the number one. Finns have sent over 12000 cards during last 60 days. That's quite a lot.

So, I should now think of my next card. What should I paint? Luckily, there is always persons parsonal stats, some details of what he/she likes. Next one has a cat, and other animals, so I'll paint a cat. Dull, I know.

Badger

So, I painted the third one.
It's a plump black cat on orange/yellow background, and I shall send it today.
I just noticed, that for every requested address, I paint two cards and pick the better one to send. Well, I have some spare then.

I wonder if there is any other postcrossers around here; I hope I don't have to babble about cards all alone. :?

Oooh, and by the way..
Everyone here can come here and chit-chat with me, if needed.

Satiretto

That sounds fun ”“ I didn't know there was such a thing as postcrossing. And here I was, worrying that good old-fashioned non-electronic mail was about to become extinct ;-)...

Is this new hobby the reason you're in love with the whole world today?

Badger

Why, yes.
It's the excitement.
I haven't felt this excited for ... lemme count ... twelve years now.

Aldar

Quote:
Satiretto

Is this new hobby the reason you're in love with the whole world today?

The Dutchies, at least. I swear, they're up to something.

Twelve years? Oh, darling, that sounds awful!

Badger

Well, now I must really fly (have you ever seen a flying badger? Surprised )

If someone wants a hand-painted card, drop me some pm, and we'll talk about it.

*flies away*

Satiretto

Well, keep us updated ”“ I want to know where the first postcard you get comes from :D.

Badger

[u:c672d81224]Cards sent this far[/u:c672d81224]

[b:c672d81224]Netherlands[/b:c672d81224]
Eindhoven [color=green:c672d81224]Arrived![/color:c672d81224]
Neeritter [color=green:c672d81224]Arrived![/color:c672d81224]
Geervliet [color=green:c672d81224]Arrived![/color:c672d81224]
IJsselstein [color=green:c672d81224]Arrived![/color:c672d81224]
Velsen-Noord [color=orange:c672d81224]On the way[/color:c672d81224]

[b:c672d81224]Brazil[/b:c672d81224]
Salvador [color=green:c672d81224]Arrived![/color:c672d81224]
Águas Claras [color=orange:c672d81224]On the way[/color:c672d81224] :?
Salvador [color=green:c672d81224]Arrived![/color:c672d81224]

[b:c672d81224]USA[/b:c672d81224]
Springville [color=green:c672d81224]Arrived![/color:c672d81224]
Tracy [color=green:c672d81224]Arrived![/color:c672d81224]

[b:c672d81224]New Zealand[/b:c672d81224]
Edgeware [color=green:c672d81224]Arrived![/color:c672d81224]

[b:c672d81224]Austria[/b:c672d81224]
Wien [color=orange:c672d81224]On the way[/color:c672d81224]

[u:c672d81224]Cards gotten this far[/u:c672d81224]

[b:c672d81224]Germany[/b:c672d81224]
Sömmerda/Thüringen
Hannover

[b:c672d81224]Netherlands[/b:c672d81224]
Drunen (I think.)

[b:c672d81224]Malaysia[/b:c672d81224]
Sarawak

[b:c672d81224]France[/b:c672d81224]
Nice

crescent1325

[color=indigo:58bc58d541]wow, badger, this sounds fun. i wonder, where does the US rank on this?[/color:58bc58d541]

Badger

Current top countries (last 60 days)

# Code Country Postcards

1 FI Finland 12557
2 US United States of America 9309
3 DE Germany 5375
4 NL Netherlands 5114
5 GB United Kingdom 1849

crescent1325

[color=indigo:ddbb2a4981]Cool beans![/color:ddbb2a4981]

Badger

Yay, the first to cards to Eindhoven and Neeritter were arrived during weekend.
People getting them liked them alot, and I'm glad to hear it. ^^

And what next? To get another address, of course.

Badger

Yikes!
Next card is going to Brazil. Lovely, wonder if my last stamp is enough...?
If it's not, eep, I must buy more. :?

Badger

Well, I have now studied the profile of this guy, who will be getting my card.
He likes me and everyone else to tell about their worlds. Tough, since we live on the same planet. Well, he is from Brazil, which is said to be kind of warm place, I could paint some shivering snow and cold stars and northern lights of northern Europe.
Right? I have the background pretty much done, I used mainly darker shades of blue and black for it. Will continue with it later today.

Badger

Should I paint something like this here? No pressure on me or anything..

Siwan

:EEEK:Wow
me liky :D

Badger

Just a photo, I found. I didn't take it.
But should I even try to paint something that magnificent?
Sure I could try. You never know if you don't try.

Badger

This could be easier.
*pondering*

Siwan

a bit easier yeah

Badger

The card off to Brazil is now on it's way. I just dropped it to the post box. ^^
But... Next card is to housewife/mom in the USA. What to paint to a person like that? She likes to read, to crochet, and cook?
Um, maybe something very finnish? Swans?

NightAngel

Hm, in the past I have had dozens of penpals.

Ghana, Romania, USA, England, Ireland, Czec, Danmark, Poland etc..

And then not to mention holiday cards of friends and family from Swiss, Greece, Germany, Portugal etc etc.

Quite a collection I guess.

Badger

I had many penpals in Finland.
Then everyone stopped writing. Always the same thing, "We are moving."
I never got the new address. :( NEVER.

Now I'm sending cards to random people throughout the whole world. That's fun, although I never have any clue, what to write.
And my hands have started shaking, every time I write an address, or something else to the card. :x

NightAngel

That's difficult indeed.
Hm, Finland yeah, I've also have stamps from that country ;)

Badger

I once read all old letters I got in the past.
I can't believe, that people of age of 9-12 have been so shallow. I can't believe I was that shallow in age of 15. Well, we were just children then. Now I'll turn 18 during this month.
Time just passes by... *sigh*

Wonder, when I'm going to receive my first postcrossingcard..

Badger

Yay! I got my first one!
It's from Germany, and kind of a city-card, having small pics of the local city/town.
I like it, I think I put it on my door. :)

Shadikka

Great :D Giving things is in a way nicer than receiving things when you see the reactions of people right on the moment, but in situations like that I think that it must feel quite dumb to send many cards and receive none.

Badger

I got another one yesterday. (Boy, they are fast. :roll: )
It was also from Germany, Hannover. It's kinda mythological, mystic (I wanted one). There's a raven sitting on a tree branch. The sky in this card is dark and there is full moon. My favourite card this far. ^^

crescent1325

[color=indigo:c9473a4e51]Sounds nice Badger. Do you have a Scanner? you should soooooooo show us the cards![/color:c9473a4e51]

Badger

No, I don't have. :(
But someday, I shall post a link to Kibas' post card forum, that you can see, what kind of card I sent first.

Badger

So, I now have sent another card to Brazil.
And the next is going to New Zealand. I really don't have a clue what to paint/draw, I think I shall paint something absurd. Maybe just coloured patterns or such.
She likes handmade cards, so that won't be any problem.

Badger

http://arts-states.7to.de/postcrossing/viewtopic.php?t=195&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90

Scroll down, until you see a card, which has black figures (such as ancient horse, human, hand and sun) on a light brown/orange/khaki/whatevah background.
It's painted by Disharmonia, meaning me, because it's my nick in postcrossing. That was my first card I sent, and I'm glad Kibas liked it.

crescent1325

Thats Cute Badger! so nice to see hand made Postcards! if i had any art talent i would join this, but id buy postcards to do it... :?

Badger

Ahahaa... Grin
The next card (to New Zealand) is already painted, but I forgot it at home. And since I spend my days in school, I can't get the card and send it. :(
On weekend then...
The card I have painted is rather cool. Four butterflies on light blue background, and their wings are starry-sky-patterned. One of them has even the crescent-moon in it's wing.

Flowerstar

Cres, it's totally okay to send bought postcards - I do it all the time. Wink (have to remember sending that one I've delayed for weeks ...)

Badger, cool postcards :D !

Badger

Yep, many of us send bought cards, and I'm totally ok with that. I just like painting, I didn't remember, it could be that fun! :D Except when I managed to lower my elbow to the wet paint... ^^'

But some people just prefer getting selfmade cards. They don't have to be so very fancy.

Flowerstar, thanks. I wish I had a scanner, that I could show all the cards, I've sent and received.

crescent1325

alright. So, ive decided to start Postcrossing. Cant wait to send it. I got my first Address, and she is in Finland! Cool! now, just time to go get some stamps and Postcards!

Badger

Way to go, hon! :thumbsup:
Yes, we finns are keen to this, which part/city of Finland is it going?

crescent1325

uhh, Kaup-something? i dunno off hand, but i will in a hour or so when i have to right the addy down! i let you know then!

EDIT: the town is Kauppakatu? or maybe Jyaskyla? i dunno
sorry.... :oops:

Badger

Kauppakatu is the street, so Jyväskylä is the town. Ah, I nearly thought you would send me one. Hah!

I got another card! It's a pretty scenery card from Netherlands, with the classical pic of a mill and countryside. Aw, I wish I could travel trough Europe someday. These cards make me want to travel.

Badger

Well, no cards received in two weeks... Hum, maybe it's coming from far distance, such as New Zealand or such.
Funny, I sent a card couple of weeks ago to New Zealand and one to Netherlands last week. They both arived on the last weekend.

Tifa

Oh boy, that's such an exciting hobby!!
(I am not being sarcastic this time --- it IS exciting!!! :D )
So how many cards have you received so far?
What stuff do you write on them?
How does it work, they give you an address, or you choose it yourself? And do you keep in contact with the people you already wrote/that wrote to you?
This would be such an exciting thing to do; if only I'd have time! Only time I got nowadays is at work, when the system is not working (heh heh heh). But I am too bad, I even forget to write everyone the emails I promise them! Let alone smail mail! :roll:

Keep us updated on your hobby, Badger! :thumbsup:

Badger

[quote:ffa0698ccb="Tifa"]Oh boy, that's such an exciting hobby!![/quote:ffa0698ccb]
Yeah, it is. Especially when I paint the most of the cards myself.

[quote:ffa0698ccb="Tifa"]So how many cards have you received so far?[/quote:ffa0698ccb]
Three. There's a list on the first page.

[quote:ffa0698ccb="Tifa"]What stuff do you write on them?[/quote:ffa0698ccb]
Usually about the card, how it was made, the things happening recently, about the place where I live... Blah blah blah... Wink
The profile of the receiver helps a bit.

[quote:ffa0698ccb="Tifa"]How does it work, they give you an address, or you choose it yourself?[/quote:ffa0698ccb]
I just check one box (lettin' them know that I understand what I'm doing) and then click 'Request address'-button. The random (it'll be anywhere from the participatin' countries except from the country you live in) address comes to my email.

[quote:ffa0698ccb="Tifa"]And do you keep in contact with the people you already wrote/that wrote to you?[/quote:ffa0698ccb]
Well, when people receive a card, there has to be the ID-code, that the card can get registered. When registering the card, there also can be a possibility to thank for the card or write something else. I haven't been otherwise much in contact with people, but it is possible (and fun) to send a letter or un-official thankyou-card.

[quote:ffa0698ccb="Tifa"]Keep us updated on your hobby, Badger! :thumbsup:[/quote:ffa0698ccb]
You can count on that! :heart:

Badger

[img:77765398d4]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l285/Disharmonia/korttikartta.jpg[/img:77765398d4]

Here's my history map! :mrgreen:
[color=blue:77765398d4]Blue ones are the ones I've received[/color:77765398d4]
[color=red:77765398d4]Red ones mark the route of the cards, I've sent.[/color:77765398d4]
(I've sent more to Europe, but the red lines are all under the blue ones.)

crescent1325

Now thats cool! i cant wait to see what my map looks like!

Badger

You'll get your first card, hon. Sooner or later. Maybe later, if it's coming this side of the globe. :P
I've been waiting the next one to arrive for two weeks now..

crescent1325

Well thats my map so far. LOL. like i said. i havent gotten any in the mail yet. Cant wait though! *sits impaitently.

Badger

Wow-wee! *laughs*
Your's much more exciting than mine. :D Grin

crescent1325

LOL. being in the middle of the Pacific has that affect of things having to go thousands of miles for anything! lol..

Tifa

I think both maps look absolutely stunning :thumbsup: guys!

Maybe I should go and check out that site, too....
*thinking very seriously about all the pros and cons - if any Wink *

Badger

[img:7045c63571]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l285/Disharmonia/korttikartta2.jpg[/img:7045c63571]

My updated history map.
[color=red:7045c63571]Red[/color:7045c63571] still marks sent cards and [color=blue:7045c63571]blue[/color:7045c63571] marks the the ones I have received.

Elsa

I've just signed up, but I'll make sure to get postcards (or just card to play with) and stamps before I request an address.

Interesting that Finland is the number 1 country... Especially because I'm Finnish too. :D

Badger

Wha!? You are!?

Elsa

Yeah, but don't try speaking Finnish with me, because my parents never taught me the language. I usually tell people I'm Swedish, it's easier, but my passport disagrees. :?

Shadikka

Soooo, you're Finnish by heritage. Cool. :D

I'm starting to think about doing that stuff o.O Interesting.

crescent1325

I still havent recieved any card. Its been two weeks. *sigh*

Badger

Well, I haven't gotten any for four-five weeks. And the one I sent over three weeks ago has not been registered yet.
I checked the FAQ, for situations like this, and all they can say is: "Be patient."

I am, but this is getting on my nerves.
Well, maybe the sender of the next card I'm supposed to received lives outside Europe and forgot to put my country or 'Europe' in the card. I heard one card was adventuring first to Poland and then to Finland.

Tifa

I guess some countries might take a while to receive cards from, if they are far away..... or if their post system isn't too trustworthy. :roll:
It happened to me several times over a period of 2 years time (and believe me, I don't write/receive too often) that letters I got were opened, and sometimes I didn't receive certain letters at all!! Surprised
The opened letters would come in a special plastic cover with a note saying "sorry, by accident your envelope was 'damaged'", signed, the post office. Well, I'm sorry, but opening an envelope with a scissors isn't 'accidentally damaging' it!! :x I found out this happens more often if the envelope isn't flat (something is in it); surprise, surprise. But even if the sender puts too many stamps on it!
That's why I prefer email nowadays... :roll:

Anyway, let's hope that in your case it's just the long distance, guys! No worries, you'll get something sooner or laiter and surely it'll be worth the wait! :)

Badger

Well, yeah.
My granny (in hospital Unhappy ) got a card from a distant relative (from Sweden that is) and it had had quite an adventure behind. All wrinkled, gotten wet... It was also in a plastic cover and apologies coming with it.

I'll be patient.

crescent1325

*sits and waits patienly with Badger*

Nowth

Quote:
Tifa

It happened to me several times over a period of 2 years time (and believe me, I don't write/receive too often) that letters I got were opened, and sometimes I didn't receive certain letters at all!! Surprised
The opened letters would come in a special plastic cover with a note saying "sorry, by accident your envelope was 'damaged'", signed, the post office. Well, I'm sorry, but opening an envelope with a scissors isn't 'accidentally damaging' it!! :x I found out this happens more often if the envelope isn't flat (something is in it); surprise, surprise. But even if the sender puts too many stamps on it!
That's why I prefer email nowadays... :roll:

Because you'll never notice how many spies kept copies for themselves?

Tifa

Hehe.
At least I know that they get received by the person I send them to (if a dozen others get to read it too, I couldn't really care less... 8) )

Nowth

Wow.

Just wow.

Badger

Ok, so.
Tired of waiting, I requested another address. Next card I'm going to send is going to the Netherlands. Again. :roll:
I think I'll send the one which I have painted two cats (one white and one black) on red background.

I'll receive a card sooner or later. I wait.

Badger

Mom called me and said I've gotten a card from France!

Huzzah!
*dancin' oogie-boogie*

Too bad, that I can't register it yet. :?

crescent1325

Yah! Cool Badger!!!! im still waiting patiently on mines. *sigh*

Badger

Mom told that I got another one yesterday.
It's from Malaysia. Can't wait to see them. Maybe they'll cheer me up a bit.

Badger

[u:cd394c3ae8]Cards sent this far[/u:cd394c3ae8]

[b:cd394c3ae8]Netherlands[/b:cd394c3ae8]
Eindhoven [color=green:cd394c3ae8]Arrived![/color:cd394c3ae8]
Neeritter [color=green:cd394c3ae8]Arrived![/color:cd394c3ae8]
Geervliet [color=green:cd394c3ae8]Arrived![/color:cd394c3ae8]
IJsselstein [color=green:cd394c3ae8]Arrived![/color:cd394c3ae8]
Velsen-Noord [color=green:cd394c3ae8]Arrived![/color:cd394c3ae8]

[b:cd394c3ae8]Brazil[/b:cd394c3ae8]
Salvador [color=green:cd394c3ae8]Arrived![/color:cd394c3ae8]
Águas Claras [color=orange:cd394c3ae8]On the way[/color:cd394c3ae8] :?
Salvador [color=green:cd394c3ae8]Arrived![/color:cd394c3ae8]

[b:cd394c3ae8]USA[/b:cd394c3ae8]
Springville [color=green:cd394c3ae8]Arrived![/color:cd394c3ae8]
Tracy [color=green:cd394c3ae8]Arrived![/color:cd394c3ae8]
Hampton [color=orange:cd394c3ae8]On the way[/color:cd394c3ae8]

[b:cd394c3ae8]New Zealand[/b:cd394c3ae8]
Edgeware [color=green:cd394c3ae8]Arrived![/color:cd394c3ae8]

[b:cd394c3ae8]Austria[/b:cd394c3ae8]
Wien [color=green:cd394c3ae8]Arrived![/color:cd394c3ae8]

[u:cd394c3ae8]Cards gotten this far[/u:cd394c3ae8]

[b:cd394c3ae8]Germany[/b:cd394c3ae8]
Sömmerda/Thüringen
Hannover

[b:cd394c3ae8]Netherlands[/b:cd394c3ae8]
Drunen (I think.)

[b:cd394c3ae8]Malaysia[/b:cd394c3ae8]
Sarawak

[b:cd394c3ae8]France[/b:cd394c3ae8]
Nice

[b:cd394c3ae8]Belgium[/b:cd394c3ae8]
Neerpelt

Here's my updated sent/received list.
I'll try to put up my history map soon. Maybe next week.
The card from Malaysia shows a fascinating view of their most popular cave. Believe me, it's huge. Surprised No wonder it's visited by many foreigners. Jessica (the person, who sent the card) has a nice tiny hadwriting, and she's curious about my country. I'll send her mail next week.

The other card, it's from France, shows an adorable aquarell of an elf! :D Senders hope I like it, but I don't. Because I love it. :love:

Badger

[img:c101c195a2]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l285/Disharmonia/korttikartta3.jpg[/img:c101c195a2]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:7df6d62778]Cool Badger! Im still waiting. *sigh*

But i couldnt take it, sooooooooo i got more addy's LOL[/color:7df6d62778]

Fourleafclover

Cool idea! I have a drawer full of postcards I'm not using so I joined up! Looks like I'm sending my first postcard to Finland.

crescent1325

[color=indigo:1231d9eb9d]hmmm, i wonder where badger wandered off too? i havent seen her in a few days... :? [/color:1231d9eb9d]

Badger

I've been sick.
You know that by now. Wink

Elsa

After spending the morning making postcards, I requested three addresses. My cards will be going to Finland, France and Michigan! I was really pleased to get three different places. :o

Finally got something to do with my spare time. All of my friends are at work during the day, my boyfriend is studying in a different city, and I've been SO bored.

Badger

[quote:be7e9e5e27="Elsa"]Finally got something to do with my spare time. All of my friends are at work during the day, my boyfriend is studying in a different city, and I've been SO bored.[/quote:be7e9e5e27]

Sooner or later you find yourself actually [i:be7e9e5e27]looking for[/i:be7e9e5e27] different kind of postcards and stamps.
Then you buy some different coloured papers, glue, new scissors, other equipment...

Oh my charming Chaos, I've created monsters. Grin

Elsa

Well, I already went out just to buy view cards of my town. Apparently some people collect cards from UNESCO World Heritage sites... And I happen to live in the middle of one! Wish I could find something more original, though.

Turns out Royal Mail has an online shop where you can buy collector stamps, [i:4402cab446]customise your own stamps[/i:4402cab446], and buy stamp cards! I think I know what I'm gonna spend my money on now. Grin

crescent1325

[color=indigo:30de5b799f]So, i found out why i havent recieved a Post card.

I got a PM form a sweet girl in Netherlands, saying she sent it aug 28. a month later, no card. So i checked my profile. The server ate one line of my address. The most important line. MY FREAKING HOUSE AND STREET NAME.

Crap, that means FIVE friggen cards are gonna get returned. Unhappy

OH, the girl from Netherlands said that if i just mark it as Recieved she would send me a new one anyway.. .hence why she is sweet.

so here is my 99.9% accurate map *sigh*:[/color:30de5b799f]

[img:30de5b799f]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/crescent1325/map2.jpg[/img:30de5b799f]

Badger

[quote:c53b5a36cd]The server ate one line of my address. The most important line. MY FREAKING HOUSE AND STREET NAME. [/quote:c53b5a36cd]

Wha? What a nasty way to work from a server.
Bugrit! :x

[quote:c53b5a36cd]OH, the girl from Netherlands said that if i just mark it as Recieved she would send me a new one anyway.. .hence why she is sweet.[/quote:c53b5a36cd]

Send a 'thank you'-card. You owe her one. :roll:

Fourleafclover

I'm taking a walk to the post office (providing it doesn't rain) with my son today and I will drop off my first postcard to a Katja living in Finland.

Badger

Well, an interesting thought crossed my mind.
Someday someone of you might send me a card. Surprised

Fourleafclover

How will we know? Grin

crescent1325

[color=indigo:51304289b9]OMG, you guys wont believe this. i got a finland addy yet again. (i always get those...lol)

But get this, in her profile she is telling about all the things she likes, and she says Mangas and stuff then she lists ELFQUEST as one??? HOLY HELL!!! Surprised WOW! that is Cool. what is the chances of one elfquest fan finding another on Postcrossing???

(totally copied and pasted from my other forum Wink )[/color:51304289b9]

Badger

Well, as said, you must have bunch to talk about.
But, as far as I know, there are quite many EQ-fans in Finland, since they have started publishing EQ as so called 'manga-edition.' I have them all (14 issues).

By the way, I took a couple of new addresses... The other one is to German - but the other is to Martinique. I even did not know that there is such place in the Atlantic Ocean... :oops:

New things learned every day...

Elsa

That's so cool! I hope I'll get some exotic addresses in the future.

Or even better, recieve a card from a really obscure location that I've never heard of.

Why are towns so stupid when it comes to publishing postcards? No-one ever considers the really obscure sights which can be found around here, such as morris dancers, or the miner's gala, or the annual rubber duck race in the river.

Badger

Rubber duck race???

???

Surprised

Well, our town offers only dull piccies of the old wool factory, finnish railway museum's garden, a restaurant (ok, the architecture is interesting) and a tree.

And those were very expensive cards. :x
The cards from my school - THEY are exciting (mainly our school's head building, which happens to be a manor).

Satiretto

[quote:af57d3ada1="Badger"]Well, our town offers only dull piccies of the old wool factory, finnish railway museum's garden, a restaurant (ok, the architecture is interesting) and a tree.[/quote:af57d3ada1]

Could that town be Hyvinkää?

Badger

Yep.

Ohmigosh, you know where I live!! Surprised
Now I must move away.

Satiretto

Don't fear, I'm completely harmless :-).

Badger

Yeh, I was joking. Grin

Elsa

[quote:3bb225c898="Badger"]Rubber duck race???[/quote:3bb225c898]

Every spring, a rubber duck race is held in the river. It costs £1 for a duck, but some people prefer to buy them beforehand and decorate them, or write a name or something else on. They are dumped in the river, and the first one to the finish line wins. (I'm not sure what the prize is though.)

It's one of those things I wish I could have on a postcard. Grin

crescent1325

[color=indigo:e9a56d27b4]We have the same thing here. I think proceeds go to a charity though, i cant member which one. :roll: But its a really good one for kids.[/color:e9a56d27b4]

Badger

[u:6635c7803c]Cards sent this far[/u:6635c7803c]

[b:6635c7803c]Netherlands[/b:6635c7803c]
Eindhoven [color=green:6635c7803c]Arrived![/color:6635c7803c]
Neeritter [color=green:6635c7803c]Arrived![/color:6635c7803c]
Geervliet [color=green:6635c7803c]Arrived![/color:6635c7803c]
IJsselstein [color=green:6635c7803c]Arrived![/color:6635c7803c]
Velsen-Noord [color=green:6635c7803c]Arrived![/color:6635c7803c]

[b:6635c7803c]Brazil[/b:6635c7803c]
Salvador [color=green:6635c7803c]Arrived![/color:6635c7803c]
Águas Claras [color=orange:6635c7803c]On the way[/color:6635c7803c] :?
Salvador [color=green:6635c7803c]Arrived![/color:6635c7803c]

[b:6635c7803c]USA[/b:6635c7803c]
Springville [color=green:6635c7803c]Arrived![/color:6635c7803c]
Tracy [color=green:6635c7803c]Arrived![/color:6635c7803c]
Hampton [color=green:6635c7803c]Arrived![/color:6635c7803c]

[b:6635c7803c]New Zealand[/b:6635c7803c]
Edgeware [color=green:6635c7803c]Arrived![/color:6635c7803c]

[b:6635c7803c]Austria[/b:6635c7803c]
Wien [color=green:6635c7803c]Arrived![/color:6635c7803c]

[b:6635c7803c]Germany[/b:6635c7803c]
Hamburg [color=orange:6635c7803c]On the way[/color:6635c7803c]

[b:6635c7803c]Martinique[/b:6635c7803c]
Sainte-Luce[color=orange:6635c7803c]On the way[/color:6635c7803c]

[u:6635c7803c]Cards gotten this far[/u:6635c7803c]

[b:6635c7803c]Germany[/b:6635c7803c]
Sömmerda/Thüringen
Hannover

[b:6635c7803c]Netherlands[/b:6635c7803c]
Drunen (I think.)

[b:6635c7803c]Malaysia[/b:6635c7803c]
Sarawak

[b:6635c7803c]France[/b:6635c7803c]
Nice

[b:6635c7803c]Belgium[/b:6635c7803c]
Neerpelt

[b:6635c7803c]Russia[/b:6635c7803c]
St. Petersburg

Badger

Phew, my list is getting long.
Well, anyway, I sent two self-painted cards again.
To Germany, I sent a cute picture of a brown duck (not quite Kaj Stenvall, but still ... :roll: )
And to Martinique, I sent a card, on which I used a bit more exciting technique.
First, I painted this pretty green lizard, the cut it off the paper and glued on backgroundpaper, where I had painted a brick wall.

I was about to make more cards with the way I had done the lizard (but butterflies this time) but a one-year-student came and actually [i:b0b6dd8657]stole [/i:b0b6dd8657] the butterflies. Gee, it took me only a bit over an hour to draw, re-draw (with ink of some kind) and colour the butterflies. Now I have to start all over again. :x

WindDancer

[color=indigo:7ba7781e66]wow listening to all this & it sounds soooo interesting.... wonder ifn my lifemate will get too upset if i spend money on it *ponders but a second* who cares, it sounds fun & i wanna try it :P *wanders off to check out site*[/color:7ba7781e66]

[color=red:7ba7781e66]EDIT:[/color:7ba7781e66] [color=indigo:7ba7781e66]joined, and got my first addy... it's to Denmark (i think) by the map. will know once the mail actually reaches my box *sigh*[/color:7ba7781e66]

Badger

Oh man, I'm good at spreading postcrossing-salvation.

WindDancer

[color=indigo:71a6bbfaf8]a'ight i'm mad! it [i:71a6bbfaf8]SAYS[/i:71a6bbfaf8] i've got a postcard "Traveling" but i haven't gotten an email for the one i requested yet Unhappy [/color:71a6bbfaf8]

Badger

Did you remember to check the box before clicking the 'Request an Address'-button?
One friend of mine has the same problem, by the way.
Um, try this. Go to the 'Sent cards' section, there should be a list of the users you have sent the card. Click 'Lost the address?' and they should send the address again to your mailbox.

WindDancer

[color=indigo:55463ad4e5]yes i did (the second time :oops: ) & thnx i'll try that Grin just asked for another to see maybe.... & there both s'opped to be going to Finland *blinks* man is my geography off Surprised [/color:55463ad4e5]

Badger

Expect many cards to go to Finland.
We are the card-masters. Grin

WindDancer

[color=indigo:0ae36fbbc4]heh there 2 from Finland, 2 from Canada, & one from Singapore. but i still haven't gotten addies for the first Finland or the Singapore. should i message them & ask them? or contact the site admin?[/color:0ae36fbbc4]

NEXT PAGE