ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

A prayer/candlelight for . . .

NightAngel

Virtual or real prayers/candlelights for people you feel for, people who have a rough time right now, people who need some comfort etc etc..

I'd like to light a candle for Miss Grizzely, my friends Mazal and Megan (Nomad-Human).

Badger

Beautiful thought, this thread.

*a silent prayer for the guild leader and her hubby*

NightAngel

Hm...a candle for myself.

Icebird

[color=blue:1d19da08db]A candle for my friends Annemette and Nikoline.. for making my day easier. [/color:1d19da08db]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:b24f1296f0]a candle for all those away from there family at this time of social unrest.[/color:b24f1296f0]

joselle

THC

Dreamweaver

I am gonna set my wife to making a candle graphic to use in this thread, I think it would be a beautiful thing and just the idea of the candle is strong.

I love this idea very much and want to light a candle for my husband who is going through some tough times right now.

He has felt like his soul is being sucked out from work, he wants to do what he loves, but right now, it doesn't pay enough. So, he does the job that keeps a roof over our heads and food in our mouths and entertainment for our smiles. But, I watch as he withers away from lack of sleep and lack of creativity. The last time he created anything, it was when he went to Vegas for a trade show, NAB - National Association of Broadcasters - everyone in the movie/TV business was there and he got to hang out with guys from ILM and Disney, he drew people that he saw at the trade show and they were amazing. He is an amazing guy who makes amazing things, when he has time/energy/the will... etc. I mourn his loss to create and I hope it returns to him soon. *huggles to everyone on this forum who has ever supported me emotionally*

krwordgazer

A prayer for my sister, whose job search is really tough on her right now.

Fourleafclover

[img:ed6c0e7cb7]http://www.bestanimations.com/Nature/Fire/Candles/Candle-08-june.gif[/img:ed6c0e7cb7]

Willowspring

a candle for myself ( cause i could use all the energy i can get)
A candle for each other my family members

crescent1325

[color=indigo:fb0691239f]The family of the Croc hunter.[/color:fb0691239f]

Willowspring

[quote:44eab0f4df="crescent1325"][color=indigo:44eab0f4df]The family of the Croc hunter.[/color:44eab0f4df][/quote:44eab0f4df]
seconds that
lots and lots of candles

Hydra_Lord

I would like to add my candles to Steve Irwins Family too...

He was an amazing man...worthy of a lot of praise, he was very beloved by myself and millions of others.

Seastorm

a candle for J and for us youth leaders, that we can help, support, and guide her

nomad-human

A candle for my stepfather Gary and a candle for my aunt Marion.

*Hugs Nightangel for her candle*

You're a treasure lovey... :)

Fourleafclover

Prayers for my grandparents who are going through a hard time right now. My grandfather, who has never lived off the farm, is moving into a nursing home.

krwordgazer

Aww, I feel for your grandfather, and I hope he and your grandmother find the transition not too traumatic.

Fourleafclover

Thanks Board Mum. It shouldn't be too bad (I think) - they're both looking forward to it actually. My grandpa sees that grandma can't keep up with the needs for his care anymore - she's tired. Moving into the home was his suggestion! Surprised And grandma knows she needs the rest - my grandfather requires so much care, he's running her ragged.

Allen

A vigil candle for my new priest at church. He has three congregations to take care of.

NightAngel

I light candles.

One for Leanan.

One for Nomad-Human.

One for all of the innocent victims and families in wars (Vietnam, Kosovo, Hiroshima, Afghanistan, Darfour...) and "war children"

One for myself.

One for Heleen's friend who's got breastcancer.

One for "Gaby Goldberg"

One for my girlfriend *darn that migraine*

Nibblet

One for my daughters Guinnea Pig, Burdock, who died on Sunday. He was just 9months old. And one for my daughter who is absolutely beside herself with grief. I'm talking about the wailing and chest beating kind of grief. It's horrible to see and I'm a little worried about her, I don't know what else to do for her.

krwordgazer

Aww, I'm sorry for your daughter, Nibblet. Is she normally a really emotional type? If so, this expression of grief might be her healthy way of releasing it. If not, maybe something in addition to that is bothering her? Maybe she's really thinking about death for the first time and is worried about losing more than her guinea pig?

It's so hard, playing mom-guesswork. I hope she's starting to feel better now.

lunakat

maybe you could find a good story to read her? Something to help her better understand or deal with the death of her pet?

Minouche

A candle for all those left to pick up the pieces after a loss.

Trollbabe

Quote:
Allen

A vigil candle for my new priest at church. He has three congregations to take care of.

Sounds like the oil camps in Saudi in my day. One priest to baptise and eulogise everyone, and conduct services in three separate camps.

Arthis

a virtual candle for jadengems and her baby to come.
(and a real candle too, the one I got when I became a godfather, that's a very special one :D )

Treefox

That's a great idea, Arthis! I'll light one for her and one for you, too.

krwordgazer

Prayers for the victims of the Kansas tornados that completely obliterated one small town.

NightAngel

For Janneke and her family. Her father passed away yesterday.

Minouche

A prayer for Gem and a hope that her wish be fulfilled.

NightAngel

A candlelight for my unitmanager..
I just got a call. That her partner died last night. He was only 44...one of her daughters have seen it all because she was lying in the middle of them, cuz she couldn't sleep earlier
It was an acute heartattack..this is so sad :(

Now I'm up to call a coworker who never works wednesday, gonna ask her if she wants to update another coworker..

*sighs*

KirthelastGo-Back

Quote:
NightAngel

For Janneke and her family. Her father passed away yesterday.

Who was Janneke? And was her father's passing expected?

Two losses in the same day... :( *holds Marina's hand*

NightAngel

Janneke's father was really old, a WW II veteran..it wasn't all of a sudden.
That's the only comfort about that.
(she's the mother of two childs I babysit once in a while, really nice people)

Nibblet

Quote:
krwordgazer

Aww, I'm sorry for your daughter, Nibblet. Is she normally a really emotional type? If so, this expression of grief might be her healthy way of releasing it. If not, maybe something in addition to that is bothering her? Maybe she's really thinking about death for the first time and is worried about losing more than her guinea pig?

It's so hard, playing mom-guesswork. I hope she's starting to feel better now.

She's fine now. She's not a very emotional little person, so it was completely out of character. We had a little chat and I think it helped. She was worried that he wouldn't go to heaven, and if he did go to heaven he would be all alone because he didn't know anyone that had died. Awwww. And if he got angel wings he would look like a fat bee.

Thats him at the back.

Treefox

Aw, that's so sweet and sad. I'm glad to hear she calmed down. It's hard to lose a beloved pet.

Nibblet

I found that the thing that worked the best was a couple of weeks later when we got a new baby guinea pig called...

wait for it...

Burdock II.
Bet you didn't see that one coming Grin Grin In truth, we had to get a friend for the one that was left. He was getting really depressed, and they love company, so it was the only thing I could do for the little fella!

Treefox

Grin What's that called? Consquential substitution? But I understand that a guinea pig doesn't like being alone. They are, eh, what are they? Do tehy live in flocks, herds, packs? What I'm trying to say is, they don't live alone.

Nibblet

I don't know the word either! Clumps of guinea pigs, A big wodge guinea pigs Grin

Tavie

Quote:
nibblet

I don't know the word either! Clumps of guinea pigs, A big wodge guinea pigs Grin

Hee hee, couldn't resist, I tried to find one that fit here:

[quote:0cd9c0022e]flock etymology
[Middle English flok, from Old English floc.]
Synonyms: flock1, herd, drove2, pack1, gang1, brood
These nouns denote a number of animals, birds, or fish considered collectively, and some have human connotations.

Flock is applied to a congregation of animals of one kind, especially sheep or goats herded by people, and to any congregation of wild or domesticated birds, especially when on the ground. It is also applicable to people who form the membership of a church or to people under someone's care or supervision.

Herd is used of a number of animals, especially cattle, herded by people; or of wild animals such as antelope, elephants, and zebras; or of whales and seals. Applied to people, it is used disparagingly of a crowd or of the masses and suggests the gregarious aspect of crowd psychology.

Drove is used of a herd or flock, as of cattle or geese, that is being moved or driven from one place to another; less often it refers to a crowd of people in movement.

Pack is applicable to any body of animals, especially wolves, or of birds, especially grouse, and to a body of hounds trained to hunt as a unit. It also refers disparagingly to a band or group of persons.

Gang refers to a herd, especially of buffalo or elk; to a pack of wolves or wild dogs; or to various associations of persons, especially when engaged in violent or criminal pursuits.

Brood is applicable to offspring that are still under the care of a mother, especially the offspring of domestic or game birds or, less formally, of people. ·

The following related terms are used as indicated:

bevy, a company of roe deer, larks, or quail;
cast, the number of hawks or falcons cast off at one time, usually a pair; cete, a company of badgers;
covert, a flock of coots;
covey, a family of grouse, partridges, or other game birds;
drift, a drove or herd, especially of hogs;
exaltation, a flight of larks;
fall, a family of woodcock in flight;
flight, a flock of birds in flight;
gaggle, a flock of geese;
gam, a school of whales, or a social congregation of whalers, especially at sea;
kennel, a number of hounds or dogs housed in one place or under the same ownership;
kindle, a brood or litter, especially of kittens;
litter, the total number of offspring produced at a single birth by a multiparous mammal;
murder, a flock of crows;
muster, a flock of peacocks;
nide, a brood of pheasants;
pod, a small herd of seals or whales;
pride, a company of lions;
rout, a company of people or animals in movement, especially knights or wolves;
school, a congregation of fish, or aquatic mammals such as dolphins or porpoises;
shrewdness, a company of apes;
skein, a flight of wildfowl, especially geese;
skulk, a congregation of vermin, especially foxes, or of thieves;
sloth, a company of bears;
sord, a flight of mallards; sounder, a herd of wild boar;
stable, a number of horses housed in one place or under the same ownership;
swarm, a colony of insects, such as ants, bees, or wasps, especially when migrating to a new nest or hive;
troop, a number of animals, birds, or people, especially when on the move;
warren, the inhabitants, such as rabbits, of a warren;
watch, a flock of nightingales;
and wisp, a flock of birds, especially of snipe.

See Also Synonyms at crowd1.[/quote:0cd9c0022e]

Can't find any that fit for guinea pigs... they're not vermin, nor badgers...

Ah, but THIS page has one for guinea pig! So it's "group".

Oh, that's not as exciting as an exaltation of larks or a murder of crows...

Nibblet

:? Group!!?? Thats not as exotic as I'd hoped, but this forum is nothing if not educational Grin
*shakes head* A group of Guinea pigs. Never mind. I shall pronounce it like it's spelled instead. Wink

ArlynAnari

A candle for my friend Lisa who lost everything she owns in a fire on Thursday.

Minouche

Arlyn, add to that a heartfelt wish for better times from me.

A prayer for the refugees of Darfur

JadeOwl

*lights candles for Lisa and the refugees of Darfur*

NightAngel

A candlelight for this man:
[img:f6fb974eab]http://media.hamptonroads.com/images/special/bw4Helvenston2.jpg[/img:f6fb974eab]
Scott Helvenston and his three comrades Wesley Batalona, Jerry Zovko and Michael Teague.(also a candlelight for them!) He died in an ambush in Iraq in 2004.. (I didn't know this while certain pictures went worldwide)

I just saw a report about [url=http://judicial-inc.biz/Sc_ott%20Helvenston_fallujah_natonski.htm#Blackwater]Blackwater[/url].

*sighs*
The mother was in the report as well, Scott's mother. So sad... :(

Again it's clear I [b:f6fb974eab]shouldn't[/b:f6fb974eab] watch the news. It makes me only angry, powerless..
*kicks at war*

Djun

Although I'm not the praying kind and mostly tend to scoff at the thought...A candle/best wishes and such for a person I work with, who got diagnosed with cancer.

joselle

My Daddy.

crescent1325

[color=indigo:dd0bb751b1]Alexander Gagalac ...he passed away usely fighting in war.[/color:dd0bb751b1]

Tavie

My best friend's grandmother died this morning. My friend works at the same office I do and we've known each other since first grade, we're more like sisters than friends. Her grandmother was doing poorly and took a very sudden, bad turn (due, I think, in part to some neglect on the part of the nursing home she lived in.)

What's particularly awful is that she doesn't know yet. Her mother just called me and asked me if I could spend the night tomorrow to be with her. They don't want to tell her until they pick her up from work tonight.

We often have lunch together. I'm afraid to see her. I'm torn between wanting to run to her and hug her right at this very second, and the need to act normal so she doesn't know and get upset before her family tells her.

I have to just suck it up but it's going to be a strange day.

elf_queen_vik

My friend Adam's (Aka: Oni) Mother. He recently found out she had breast cancer. Every time I see a Pink Brest Cancer Item at the store I buy it with thoughts of her and him.

Badger

A prayer to my mom.

Her house got robbed yesterday during the bright day. It happened, when she was at work, shopping or at my place.
I think it has been a junkie, desperately searching for cash/valuable items as my mother's other cell phone and most of her jewellery is gone, along with some silver.

Luckily no humans or animals got hurt. Her cat was hiding upstairs and is now living with me.
I just keep on thing, what could've happened, if I was still living in that house. I surely would've been there, when the robbery happened.

Arthis

*Hugs elf_queen_vik's friend and Badger's mom*

NightAngel

For her and everyone who loves/d her. 42 years. So young.

Cancer, what a $@%#^@* disease.

joselle

Giselle.

She was a member of this forum, passed away about a year ago. I don't know why, but I've been thinking alot about her lately. This mut have been such a tough year for her family, she was so, so young.

Unhappy

xenophile80

For everyone that needs one. But, most recently, and specifically, my teachers wife. She has surgery soon due to another bout of cancer.

sandamara

For Wolfsong24 and her family. Her brother-in-law is losing his battle with cancer and leaving behind 2 young sons ages 3yr. and 1yr. As of yesterday the doctors have said he has two days to live.

NightAngel

Every candle I light today and the other last days of this year are for everyone who don't have friends, family to celabrate Christmas and old years evening. The sick and the old and the poor and the lonely ones.

ì ì ì ì ì ì ì ì ì ì ì ì ì ì ì ì ì

krwordgazer

A very good thought, NightAngel.

Candlelight for Benazir Bhutto tonight, and a prayer for the entire nation of Pakistan.

Minouche

joining in

NightAngel

Also a big candlelight for the family (mother and son) who saw their husband/father and daughter/sister (36 and 3 years old) fall into a deep ravine when they were in Austria :(

sledge accident

Without cares you go on holiday and suddenly you're life is upside down..
I can't imagine how that must feels for them.
Awful..

lunakat

and for the little girl wordgazer knew who died.

NightAngel

^ what she says.

ì

krwordgazer

What's making it worse is that it's starting to look like she died, not so much of the cancer, but of being weakened by the extremely aggressive treatments. Pneumonia, it seems, was the immediate cause. Unhappy

lunakat

I'm not sure how to really express this... but sometimes, I think it's just time for a person to go. I mean... we go when it's our time to go. Maybe passing away from an illness was easier for her than dying of the cancer. It's terrible when someone so young passes away-- but I do think the person who passes is at peace-- and it's only those left behind who continue to feel pain.

Laurel

I am asking evreyone who has any kind of belief to do what it is in their belief to pass along strength. I want this to be my spring of new beginnings. I am ready.

Trollbabe

Quote:
krwordgazer

What's making it worse is that it's starting to look like she died, not so much of the cancer, but of being weakened by the extremely aggressive treatments. ...

Maybe the family took this course of treatment because she was so young. It was their choice, and it's the chance one takes. They should not look at the findings with guilt or regret. Feelings of sef-judgment can be very damaging.

My father was old and widowed when the cancer came. We talked it over and he decided not to have surgery and agressive treatment. We were fortunate to have a high quality hospice service in our community. I think there was at least one family member at the time who thought that we didn't pursue agressive treatment because we expected an inheritance, and didn't want to spend it on treatment. Let them think what they want. There is no "right" or "wrong" option.

The sad fact it, now that this family no longer has a little girl, they probably have a lot of bills to pay. It's a shame that people in the USA have to go public with family pain in order to get financial help for sick kids.

Badger, it is possible that the burglar in your mother's house was a junkie acting on the spur of the moment, and would have robbed the house whether someone was home or not. However, I think that most burglars make a point of robbing houses when no one is home. They observe the occupants and predict when they will be at work. Sometimes they pose as repairmen or movers. The last thing they want is to deal with a screaming homeowner.

Laurelglow, we will lend you our strength and hope you will not be discouraged by setbacks. I am trying to make changes in my life as well.

NightAngel

A candle for Nibblet, her daugher and grandmother.

Minouche

heartfelt sympathy and a candle too

KirthelastGo-Back

*also holds a candle for Nibblet and family*

joselle

oh no! What happened with Nibblet? *crosses fingers that it's not too serious and lights a candle just in case*

KirthelastGo-Back

Josie, I'll let Kindredsoul explain; Nibblet wrote her about a violent incident her daughter witnesses last night.

Quote:
Kindredsoul

*Howls for those in the Scrolls tonight*

I'm here posting for our dear friend nibblet!!

She's quite shaken up and too upset to post about what happened because she's shaking and crying so much Unhappy

Her daughter went to see a RiverDance show with her grandmother tonight. When they took the bus home, a group of thugs from a gang suddenly got on the bus and began beating a female passenger> It was awful! Her daughter told her everything she saw. The kicking, the punching and the blood.

Her daughter is staying overnight with her grandmother and nibblet is just beside herself! Unhappy All the "What if's" are running through her mind, and she just wants her daughter in her arms.

Thankfully, the thugs did leave her daughter alone

As a mother who knows fear, I'm sorry nibblet Unhappy :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

So anyway, Nibblet's daughter is physically OK but obviously freaked, and no wonder. :( I think I'll relight my candle.

Nibblet, visit us when you can, and hope your daughter is better now!

RedheadEmber

Surprised That's horrible! I really hope both nibblet and her daughter will soon get better! :hug2:

lunakat

me too! poor thing. It's hard to witness violence- I hope she gets a little counseling somewhere- maybe from school. Thank goodness she wasn't physically hurt!

Embala

A candle for Nibblet, her daugher and grandmother.

Hope so much that all will recover from this shock soon.

blackmagicrose

*Lights a candle for Nibblet and family* I swear things like this make me wonder what the world is coming to. :(

Nibblet

Thank you so much everyone. Steffi is fine phsically, but the things she saw and heard will stay with her for a while yet. Mum has a few bruises, but otherwise is fine.

WiseShaman

Hugs from me Nib... :hug2:

KirthelastGo-Back

:hug2: for Nibblet

:hug: for Steffi

NightAngel

Hello Nibblet!
-hugs-

Arthis

Great goddess! I've just read... that's terrible Unhappy

*sends hugs and love to Nibblet, Steffi, and her grandmother*

chocolate!

*hugs nibblet too*
I'm sorry to hear! :( Poor steffi

joselle

WiseShaman's brother.

Embala

*joins in*

Trollbabe

Hugs to Nibblet and WS...

A prayer for everybody who seems to be losing their jobs these days.

KirthelastGo-Back

*lights another candle for WiseShaman and his departed brother*

Minouche

Add mine to Kir's

Willowspring

*hugs shaman and adds another lit candle*

Nibblet

Adds another.

NightAngel

Candlelights for the victims of that SICKO PSHYCHO DUDE who killed 5 people, and wounded several other people :(

And to all their beloved ones.

Minouche

Add mine.

QuietOne

Add mine also

Embala

Add another ...

KirthelastGo-Back

Another candle here.

lunakat

So sad!

blackmagicrose

[color=indigo:7e0f82ceff]Add this too....

[url=http://www.glitter-graphics.com][img:7e0f82ceff]http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/701/701766xmcbl52mxd.gif[/img:7e0f82ceff][/url][/color:7e0f82ceff]

Xiu

I would like to make a candlelight request here for my uncle Dave, my dads younger brother, he's going through really tought times with the Canton School board and may lose his job.

~
Lilac

Embala

Hope you don't mind the borowing, Nightangel

Minouche

Add mine. I hope his situation improves

NightAngel

ì

for your uncle Xiu

willderbeast

Add mine too.

Willowspring