ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Please pray for my sweet little husband

Trollbabe

Very tired. Husband in hospital with fluid in his lungs. I was up half the night wth him, then got about four hours sleep before I took him to the ER.

Embala

*hugs*
All good thoughts and wishes are with you and your husband, Trollbabe. I hope he will have a fast and complete recovery.

Trollbabe

Thank you, Embala!

This song is for everyone who is in Strongbow-and-Moonshade love...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMwqRSCPOjI

lunakat

I'm very sorry to hear your husband is so sick, Trollbabe. I hope he gets better soon. Thinking of you both!

Trollbabe

Husband is home and recovering from congestive heart failure. I have my work cut out for me.

Embala

I'm so happy for you two *hugs* Best wishes for a fast and complete recovery.

You will care well for your husband, that's sure - don't forget to care for yourself too, Trollbabe. You can only give siupport when you are pysically and emotionally strong.

Trollbabe

Thanks to everyone. BTW did my video link work? I'm not sure because I posted it at the hospital. This is one of the songs I sing to my husband as I braid his beard at bedtime. That's probably more than you want to know.

My husband is well enough to drive again, and wants to go out to eat.

Embala

Thanks to everyone. BTW did my video link work? I'm not sure because I posted it at the hospital.
It leads to the right page. Sadly it's another case of the GEMA/YouTube issue for me - no access for Germans :/

This is one of the songs I sing to my husband as I braid his beard at bedtime. That's probably more than you want to know.
When you like to share it Trollbabe - I can see nothing wrong and bothering in it. In contrary ... it evokes a tender, loving mind picture. Reminds of Qne-Eye and Clearbrook (or Treestump and Clearbrook) - just the other way round.

My husband is well enough to dive again, and wants to go out to eat.
I'm glad to hear so. All good wishes for a complete and lasting recovery.

Trollbabe

Embala said

It leads to the right page. Sadly it's another case of the GEMA/YouTube issue for me - no access for Germans :/

The only good thing about long visits in the hospital is the Internet access. I also had the opportunity to see how low the quality of American pay TV has sunk. I cringe to think of the impression other people must have of Americans, from our "unscripted" TV programs.

Embala

I doubt that our "afternoon shows" and part of the evening formats are much better XD

Trollbabe

Husband having a rough day, hurting. Spit up twice.

Embala

I hope your husband is feeling better again. Maybe he wanted to feel completely well and active too soon - and has over-exerted himself?

*sending good thoughts and best wishes for health your way*

Trollbabe

It's a process of trying and balancing new medicines. He has four doctors and is on a dozen prescriptions at any given time. Some have side effects, some work.

My sweet little husband wants to thank everyone who prayed for him, and let you know that your efforts helped.

lunakat

Glad he is feeling better, Trollbabe. It seems as if he's been through a lot.

Embala

I'm glad your husband is feeling better. Now it's very important that he will find balance and the right meds to recover as far as even possible. Lots of luck and health for him - and you as well, Trollbabe. *hugs*

Trollbabe

Thank you, Embala!

Trollbabe

My husband is back in the hospital again. I hope it isn't too serious. I miss him. Unhappy

Embala

*hugs* Sure you miss him - you come across as such a close and loving couple.

I share your hopes, Trollbabe *sending my best wishes for both of you*

Trollbabe

Thank you! I hope it's not his heart this time.

Tonia

Lots of Prayers and hugs for you and your hubby Hug

Trollbabe

jasonia said

Lots of Prayers and hugs for you and your hubby Hug

Thank you!

Embala

Thinking of you *hugs* Best wishes for a complete recovery for your husaband and strenght for you.

FawnSpots

I'm sorry you and your husband had such a hard time, gods grant him favor.

Trollbabe

Thank you, everone. I really need your blessings.

Trollbabe

I brought him home last night. He is feeling better.

Embala

My eyes see with joy.

I hope it will last this time ... and getting better and better the next weeks. Be careful and take it slow.
*sending best wishes for a full recovery*

Trollbabe

My husband says thank you to everyone! He was in the hospital twice this year, for congestive heart failure.

This sounds like a heart attack or something, but it is simply a buildup of fluid in the body. The fluid makes it hard to breather - you are, in a sense, drowning in your own body fluids.

The treatment involves putting the patient on diuretics, causing the fluid to leave the body as urine. (Remember Cutter and the whistling leaves.) Nurses monitor this by having the patient record how much he drinks, and having him fill measuring bottles instead of using the toilet. It sounds simple, but it has to be done in a hospital setting, with round-the-clock care, monitoring wires, IV tubes, prescription drugs, etc. Plus they had to run tests to confirm that it wasn't his gallbladder or something else. This is not a home remedy.

If you find you are short of breath, don't assume it's just a cold or the flu. This is how we lost my mother. Go to the E.R., call a doctor or call a paramedic. If you are at work, tell your boss, as she may be legally obligated to take you to the hospital or call an ambulance.

Another symptom of congestive heart failure is sudden weight gain. The fluid building up in your body is heavy. If you find you have gained three pounds overnight, call a doctor.

A third thing to look out for, peculiar to my husband but not necessarily anyone else, is a sudden change of skin color. Monday morning I was getting him ready to go to the podiatrist, when I noticed his lower legs had turned bright red. His legs were smooth and didn't itch. This was not a rash.

I took him into the podiatrist's office early and asked, "Should we go to the hospital?" She recommended I drive him to his cardiologist's office, where he was examined and admitted to the hospital. He had a milder case of congestive heart failure than he had in January.

On nights or weekends, you can go to one of those chains of urgent care clinics that are not connected to hospitals. If they think you are in danger, they will call an ambulance and send you to a regular hospital.

If a loved one is showing these symptoms and refuses to seek medical care, you can try getting their doctor on the phone and having her talk to the patient. Or you can make an appointment with a doctor whose office is already at the hospital. If you are dealing with a stubborn or confused elderly patient, you could always trick them by saying you are taking them somehwere else. If possible, make sure they have their insurance card on them. Were I in this situation, I would simply call 911. EMTs are trained to deal with uncooperative patients.

Trollbabe

Well, it's my turn... Female problems. Bleeding for two days. I am in the hospital overnight for a tranfusion. Not in any pain.

Embala

I'm glad you get treatment and are cared for, Trollbabe. Be well soon! *sending good wishes your way*

Trollbabe

I am getting two units of Troll blood, I mean whole blood.

When I went to the ER, the first available room had locks on everthing. They told me it was the psychiatric room. Now I am in the Antepartum Unit, for women about to have babies. At least they did not put me in the ambulance garage.

Trollbabe

I am home today after three bags of blood, minor surgery and a second night in the hospital. Nurse says I could have bled to death. I am a tough old Troll.

Embala

Very glad to hear so ... and we all know you are a Troll - a tough and clever one! Wink Recover well, friend.

Trollbabe

Hubby is back in the hospital, precursory stroke this time. I think he will be okay.

Embala

Best wishes that he will be well and return home soon, Trollbabe. *hugs*

Trollbabe

Thank you. I miss my Hellboy-Wolverine-Teddybear.

Embala

I wondered about this Teddybear ... for a moment. Wink You will have him back soon ... as he will have you back. *hugs*

Trollbabe

They are running a second MRI test (magnetic resonance imaging), so I don't know when he comes home. (Of course, the real Wolverine could not have an MRI!)

Nibblet

*hugs* Wishing the best for you both

Embala

*more good wishes your way*

Trollbabe

Thank you, sisters!! Husband came home last night after second MRI. They said if he had a stroke, it was too small to register. Could be something called spinal stenosis, that comes with age. Nothing certain yet.

I took him to physical therapy today, then brought him home to rest. He is feeling much better.

Embala

Glad to know your husband is back at home again and feels better, Trollbabe Smile Best wishes for further recovery.

Trollbabe

Went to the hospital Halloween morning, to get an outpatient test done. My husband waited outside for me. Took about half an hour. When I got out, my husband was gone (along with my purse and car keys - ???) Staff told me he had been taken to the ER with chest pains. He spend Halloween night in the hospital and had a stress test next day, before I took him home. I think we should get some kind of discount for a combined five hospital stays in one year.

Embala

All good wishes for you and your husband, Trollbabe. *hug*

Five times - that's really more than enough for one year. May the one to come bring better times and good health.

G0lden

Yikes, sounds like the two of you have seen more than your share of hospitals and doctors this year. I dearly hope thing improve for the two of you health wise.

Trollbabe

Hubby is getting treatment for back problems, but is otherwise doing well. OB-GYN has me on prescription that will keep my bleeding regular until menopause. (I am mid-fifties.)

I have a new job, and my co-workers are nice people. But whenever I switch jobs, it's always the same conversation:

"Do you have children?"
"No."
(End of conversation)

It's hard this time of year, when all anyone talks about is what they're going to get their kids for Christmas.

Embala

*hugs*

Glad to hear you got a new job and that both of you are well for the most part, Trollbabe.

Two-Edge

Hubby is getting treatment for back problems, but is otherwise doing well. OB-GYN has me on prescription that will keep my bleeding regular until menopause. (I am mid-fifties.)

I have a new job, and my co-workers are nice people. But whenever I switch jobs, it's always the same conversation:

"Do you have children?"
"No."
(End of conversation)

It's hard this time of year, when all anyone talks about is what they're going to get their kids for Christmas.

We neither.

TrollHammer

well, had a long drawn out post that didnt go anywhere, but I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and I hope you have a great future. Health and fortune. Glad to hear things are on the upswing!

TrollHammer

well, had a long drawn out post that didnt go anywhere, but I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and I hope you have a great future. Health and fortune. Glad to hear things are on the upswing!

Trollbabe

Thank you, to all of my Troll and Elf friends who have been watching over us this year.

All we want for Christmas is each other.

Embala

*may your wish come true - for many more Christmas eves to come*

Trollbabe

Husband has only been to the hospital once this year, with a mini-stroke in March. Has had repeated outpatient back surgery this year, with some improvement in his usual level of pain. This weekend is the first time all year I have let him out of my sight overnight. Celebrated our thirtieth wedding anniversary recently.

Embala

Good news about your husband compared to last years, Trollbabe. *hug* I hope the back surgeries will help to lessen his pain.

*sending best wishes for both of you* Many more years together!

Trollbabe

Thank you! More mad scientist surgery expected later this month.

Embala

*crossing fingers and sending more good wishes* If I could send Leetah or Mender ... Stay well!