ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Punny

Laurel

Elfpop is doing the time warp

Time_warp

Edit: I do know what caused the time discrepancy. Just found it so amusing.

Rob

For some odd reason, it thinks you're in a different timezone. Logging out and back in again should fix it.

Laurel

Heh, Rob. Actually I was not logged in when I saw it. I just couldn't resist the opportunity to poke a little pun at Elfpop.

RichardPini

I manually set the time zone on my laptop to all over the globe, simply for the purpose of messing with people's minds. Muahaha!

RedheadEmber

Why am I not surprised...?

Is it possible to set time zones? I'm pretty sure I'm in another time zone.

Tavie

HA! Elfpop's doing a timewarp in WaRP Time, as usual!

RichardPini

RedheadEmber said: Is it possible to set time zones? I'm pretty sure I'm in another time zone.

I don't see (in the "edit profile" area, which is where it would make sense) an option to set your time zone as a member of the EQ forum. These may be automatically adjusted according to your computer's/connection's IP address. My laptop, like my wristwatch, and unlike my cell phone, is permanently set to Eastern US time.

Rob

Richard's right. It tries to show the viewing user everything as it happened in their own timezone (i.e. what their computer is set to).

Now, it won't update your forum timezone if you change timezones, which can be confusing. Logging out and back in again should fix it...

RedheadEmber

It shows my time zone...

Trollbabe

Elves live in the "now" of wolf thought.