ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Tifa's banners and avies

Tifa

Hi everyone!

Nope, no fan art from me (haven't got a scanner....)
I just decided to post coz I'm starting to enjoy playing with Photoshop a little bit, and have got some free time at the moment....
So. Not too long ago I decided to make myself my very first ever banner, and somehow I enjoyed it! So here you can see the ones I made so far, and, if you like them, or have a request ---- :D
Any comments, questions, requests are of course welcome and appreciated!! :D

[size=18:a368b94615]My banner try-outs:[/size:a368b94615]

As for the order of the banners; the one at the top is the latest --- easier to search for updates... Wink

As for the banner size issue; all my banners are resized to fit between the limits!! :D

This one is one I did for myself.... for now:

Manga is our nr 1 Rayek fan! And here's the second banner I made her:

Here's a Moonshade and Strongbow family banner for Crescent1325!
I also made a version with text for her!

Foxeye colored all the Crescent pictures Wendy did! You can check them out in the Crescent admiration thread, but for now, here's a small preview:

Myrth sent me over 50 pics of wolves! And here's a start of what I did with 'em:

Healers banner for Nightshadow!

Here's a chief Bearclaw for chief Wildfire!

Woo-hoo! Shenshen's one of my favorites... does it show?;)

This one I did for myself^^ It's got the gorgeous art of Redshine and Nienna in it! :D

Silberschweif, here's yours! (and thanx for the pictures! ^^)

For Trinket... ehm... Sunmark...

For Bonita:

Flowerstar's banner:

Here's one for Kestrel:

First try on a smaller one...

I've redone the original Eyes High banner I made: (reserved to Siwan)

For Manga's website... I like the bigger version better though.

I redid the banner I made for Nienna, but feel free to look at the original one here

ElfTanner is another one of our Moonshade fans!

Not-too-beardy Redlance for Arthis below, bigger version here

EQ forum movie inspired banner:

Innie's small and big Nightfall:

NightAngel was the first to request a banner! Of Clearbrook of course...

Here's Redshine's forum-movie personality:

A Tyleet for Teejay! I had to change some things in the original for the remake...

Ecko was the first Moonshade fan to request a banner of her!

Here's the redone Ember for ElfEmber and the original

My very first attempt ever... :roll:

(If you want to see another really dated Rillfisher banner, look
here....)

Non-EQ banners:

Inu-yasha:

Final Fantasy:

<---(reserved to Siwan)

Chrono Trigger:

Suikoden: and here

Here's a Rind banner I made for Callidora:

*holding breath and biting nails while waiting for reactions....*

Next on my request list:
A "Father and daughter" (Cutter and Ember) banner for Bp
A Dewshine for Dewshine_love_1 (who else? Wink )
A (what a surprise) Tyleet and family banner for Emerald
A Sadeyes banner for Wyndshadoe!
A banner of the new wavedancers (No-ripple, Sandsparkle, Moonmirror) for Seastorm
A Cutter banner for Kaleigh_Talitha
A Badger (with big fancy letters Wink ) for Badger!
A Chitter/Strongbow/Moonshade banner for Willowspring
A banner for another ( Wink ) Moonshade and Strongbow fan: Manalatawen
A Chandra banner for Icebird
A Moonshade banner for Black_Elf!

Requests from my original list, of which I'm not sure whether or not are still wanted..... :roll:
A banner of Chitter for Twinklebug
A Ember and Skywise luuuuuuve banner for Jadestarwolf
A (Cutter's) wolves for Cutter/Missy

[size=18:a368b94615]Avatar gallery[/size:a368b94615]

I've decided to put the avatars I've made here too. They're in PC's avatar thread too, but this is easier for me to find...^^

Available:

Wolves! Thanks to the kind Myrth who supplied all the pics!!

Avatarized fanarts from some great artists on this forum:

These aren't from EQ, but I felt like putting them here anyway, so....

So, if anyone wants to use these, go ahead! :D (but let me know about it)

Reserved:
Badger
Bast
Bonita
Callidora
Crescent1325
Eleina
ElfTanner
Emerald
Freefootgirl
Gazelle
Innie
Jade Owl
Kchaiya
Leanan
Lostshard
Myrth
Nightangel
Nightshadow
Reen Bladesong
Siwan
Tasmonia
Tifa
Twinklebug
Valkerie
Windelf
Wylde_Wynd

Teejay

wow those look great, and I allready have a litlle request, if you don't mind. I'd love a Tyleetbanner like your amberbanner. prettty please*puppyeyes*

pearlhair

Yep. real good job! :D

PCoquelin

Quote:
Tifa

*holding breath and biting nails while waiting for reactions....*

Well, it's wonderful ! And it's the avatar dealer that tells it to you, so..
  STOP BITING YOUR NAILS !

:D

redshine

These are wonderful, Tifa! :D :D :D

You wouldn't be able to make one like the Moonshade or Ember one with Rainsong on it????? *puppy eyes*

Nowth

The last one I think is best, with the juxtaposition of large and smaller, "framed" portraits.

I think in general they're a little too busy and crowded, though clearly they're not just thrown together at random.

Still, the individual elements in especially the Ember and Moonshade ones don't really blend/mesh, to my eyes... I think my graphic design prof might've called them "arbitrary" - but then he was also known to make students lock themselves in the toilet and cry.

I'd say try to make more use of the shapes themselves and not just their "meanings". Letters, for example, can be interesting in their own right no matter what they mean, and similarly faces/bodies all have their interesting curves and angles and colours. All of those are graphical elements beyond what they contain - that is to say, a face isn't just a Rillfisher/Ember/... but also a shape that will "respond" to other shapes, just like notes can be combined into chords, or into disharmony (both intentionally or not).

In this cover, for example -- http://www.elfquest.com/gallery/images/siege8.jpg -- the rocks, Leetah, Skywise, Cutter, Geoki, Dart, Geoki's father all guide the eye upward into the central spire of the Palace, and the roundness of the Egg is repeated in the "healing-lights" - I don't mean to say that a strict symmetrical composition is "better", nor is this my favourite cover by any means - just the next best example I found... and since banners are rather small fiddly affairs they might benefit from some unity/clarity.

Now... I'm sorry -- this was really much more of a ramble than a direct response to your bannercraft, as I think you're already doing the "composition" thing anyway, but maybe it nonetheless made sense to someone somewhere. I guess it wasn't too informative or helpful, though. Ohwell... felt like it.

Kitt

I can definitely see a great progression in your work! It just gets better and better!! ^_^ Please keep it up! Wink

callidora

Tifa, you're a wonderful bannermaker. Erm...think you could do one of Rind from Ah! My Goddess for me? I could supply images ^_^

Tifa

WOW!!! Surprised
Honestly, I didn't expect so many reactions!
A big Thank you from me! :D

@Teejay & Redshine: Sure, I'd love to make you some banners! Just hope you'll be a little bit patient, coz I won't have a lot of time anymore this year, so probably beginning of next year, ok?

@Callidora: The same goes for you, no worries! Although I really love the banners you make yourself too!! :D Please pm me the images you'd like, then, ok?

@PC:[quote:e7ee94f7be]Well, it's wonderful ! And it's the avatar dealer that tells it to you, so..
STOP BITING YOUR NAILS ! [/quote:e7ee94f7be]
Surprised YESSIR!!! :D

@Nowth: Wow, that's a lot I can work with! I really appreciate your comments, Nowth! It's not just saying "it's too red" or "a bit busy" but things I can really apply, and it's good stuff! You might be right, see I haven't got all this education, I've been to a graph. design school for 3 months only (after that I quit it) So all I've learned there were the basics of Photoshop and such programs, nothing really about composition, colors, shapes etc. Right now I've just "rediscovered" Photoshop, and in my excitement over it I might "overdo" it a little, and put in too much without thinking about meanings, and balance, and stuff.
So, thanks heaps! If there's any more, please!! :D

@everyone: Thank you guys for all the comments! You really inspire me to go on and keep improving! :D

Nowth

Ah. I'm glad you're not offended or anything!

I don't have the most education there either, although it took me some 7 years to finally quit... For example, we never really learned how to use Illustrator/XPress/Freehand/Photoshop/blah in a professional manner unless we... er, okay, unless we showed any interest in it, which I didn't really. :roll:

Tifa

No worries! It takes a lot to get me offended! Wink

What kind of school was that you went, Nowth?
It sounds very different from where I went... I actually was hoping they would teach more about art and compositions and stuff like that, itself, instead of digging through all the Illustrator and QuarkExpress commands that no one ever would use anyway.... (Maybe that's why I left, heh.)
Anyway, sounds like you had easy teachers there! Just only learning the things you wanted to.... you must be sssooo spoiled.... :P

Nowth

It was a graphic design school, but illustration/art played a part as well. And computers weren't even used in the first year - just pencils, crayons, ink, markers, scissors, glue... computers were sort of looked down on because they made it too easy for otherwise disoriented users to go crazy with cheap effects, hiding their lack of Clue behind prefabbed glitz...

Yes, we had to draw text by hand, cut them out of cardboard, or assemble text with photocopiers instead of snatching the next best decorative font!

Later there were web design classes, DTP classes, animation classes... I sort of muddled through or flunked them, though. And then dropped out shortly before I could have gotten my diploma... ack!

Tifa

Quote:
Nowth

Computers weren't even used in the first year - just pencils, crayons, ink, markers, scissors, glue...

Surprised I'm so jealous.....

Nowth

Eh, it was just slow, frustrating and messy if you ask me... but then, so was my computer ;)

Teejay

that's okay, I'll be patient :)

innie

If I can add a request, can you make a Nightfall one for me? Or a Goodtree-Rahnee-Skyfire one (the three of them together)? Like the Moonshade one (love that banner!)
Thanks!

Tifa

So, which one you want? Goodtree-Rahnee-Skyfire or Nightfall?
Or doesn't matter? In that case, I'll make it a surprise (heh heh heh.... :P )

innie

I love surprises :D
But let's start with a Nightfall one Wink

NightAngel

Quote:
Tifa

(um, yeah, Nightangel, of course I haven't forgotten about you... Clearbrook's next!)

Hehe, take your time alright ;)
You've seen with your own eyes how indecisive I can be with banners ; )

But, Clearbrook hmmmm :D

Blackbird

Ooh, those are beautiful, tell me if you take another request :D

Tifa

@Innie: Nightfall it is, then.... (no surprises for now :P )

@Nightangel: Haha, you know I feel so guilty coz I already promised you, like, a month ago?!! Anyway.... I haven't forgotten about you, no worries! :D

@Blackbird: Sure, tell me what you'd like! And, happy you like my banners!
Just, I can't promise it'll be done soon, I've got some more requests on my waiting list... But I'll do my best! :D

NightAngel

Hey don't worry, I can be a very patient girl hehe :D

Blackbird

Take your time :) Either a Venka banner, or a Strongbow with family banner, but we can talk more about it when you have time :)

Tifa

*Phew*
You guys are so understanding, heh.
Alright, now let's get back to work here! :roll:

Tifa

Heh. 8) So easy what you can do with just cutting and pasting (and a little bit of turning)
I'm in a lazy mood today....

Tifa

Alright! Here's a banner I made of Tyleet, which I promised to TeeJay:

Hope you like it! :)

Teejay

wauw it looks great, thx :D

Tifa

U're welcome! Wink

Blackbird

Wow, the Tyleet banner is beautiful Surprised

Nienna

Holy cow! I love that Tyleet-banner,Tifa!
could you maybe...is it alright if I ask you to...you know.... :oops:
make me a Moonshade-banner...since I'm cast as her in the scrollymovie and all...
Whenever you get the time,I mean.
:)

redshine

Wow! Tifa, I loooove that Tyleet banner - what beautiful warm autumn colours! Great job!!!! :D

Tifa

Quote:
Nienna

could you maybe...is it alright if I ask you to...you know.... :oops:
make me a Moonshade-banner...

Grin
No worries, I'll put you on the list. :D Just hope you won't mind if I use different pictures in yours than in the one I did for Ecko (wouldn't want it to look like a copy or something like that)

Oh, by the way, Nightangel (if you are ever reading this topic) um, I'm having some trouble finding good Clearbrook pictures on the net.... Think you could send me some, or give me some links or something?

Nienna

oh of course not, Tifa.
I wasn't sure if I'd seen someone else with Moonshade banners.
You can use whatever you feel like. Suggestion: how about some angry/fierce shots? :)

scarlettdoll

Wow! I love that Tyleet banner! So beautiful!!

Tifa

Angry/fiercy shots.... :?
Well, I'll do my best, it's just that it really depends on what kinda (nice) pictures I can find, coz I haven't got a scanner unfortunately....
'Course if you do, than you can always send me some, coz I'm not sure if there will be a lot of Moonshade shots like that..... (she's usually the kind of quiet type --- at least in those pictures on the net....)

Nienna

ooooooor maybe you can go the other way around?
The smiling, cute shots of Moonshade?
I just saw the other banner of her, and realized it was fierce engouh.
:D You're the artist. You decide. I bow to your presence *bows*

Master.
8)

Tifa

Quote:
Nienna

:D You're the artist. You decide. I bow to your presence *bows*

Master.
8)

Grin That sounds so strange.....
Alrighty then, one cute Moonshade comin' up! :D

Nienna

Thank you master, thank you thank you
*bows and scratches nose in the dirt*

Tifa

I put together a Rainsong banner for Redshine....
I hope you like it, as it is again, different from the banners I previously made (well, sort of)
Here it is:

Let me know what you think of it!

redshine

*stands in awe and stares at beautiful banner*

Tifa - I'm speechless! It shows Rainsong from such a lovely side! Lots of those pics I've never seen before! Loveitloveitloveit! :D

*hugs Tifa excitedly and rushes off to change profile*

callidora

*stands there with mouth hanging open...only able to make incoherent noises*

*shakes outta stupor*

Wow...beautiful, Tifa, absolutely beautiful...It's amazing how talented you are, really...

Now do you see why I want you to make me a Rind banner?

Tifa

*happyhappyhappy---people like my banners! :D *

Yes, Redshine, while I was gathering pics of Rainsong I realised that she's pretty nice actually, I never really realised that before, dunno why.... Another EQ-character which would've deserved a bigger role, if you ask me! :D
Anyway, just if you might be curious what the pics are from, I'll give you the nrs from left to right: cover of EQ20"the Palace"; Beloved Dead poster; EQ2 (just after arriving at Sorrow's End); EQ6 (when Cutter decides to search for other elves); EQ30 (just before returning to Sorrow's End); EQ31 (when they leave Sorrow's End again to go to the new land); the poster of Woodlock, Rainsong and Shenshen
(sorry, I'm not sure about the titles so I hope this helped.... :roll: )

Hey Calli "laziness"! *chuckles*
You still want that Rind banner?
Amazing you ask me (still don't understand it) cause your own banners are absolutely amazing!!! :D I really love the new ones you made of Kahvi and Savah! Your style's so different! I like it!!
Anyway, you're next on my list (as I still have trouble finding Clearbrook pics for Nightangel----where are all the Clearbrook fans out there?!!), so, let's see if I can find some Rind pics then.... ;)

Arthis

That Rainsong banner is absolutely gorgeous! Surprised

May a request a Redlance one in the same style?
(if possible, not too many shots of him with his beard)

Thanks in advance, and take your time, I'm realy not in a hurry. :D

callidora

Quote:
Tifa

Hey Calli "laziness"! *chuckles*

I made it under the stupor of sleep deprivation...thought it was funny. Also, there was this comic book artist who put that once in his comic because he was too lazy to draw the details of a house in the strip.

Also, I know where to get plenty of Rind pictures. Go to this page:

http://gateway.cjb.net/

And enter the Fan Art gallery. People take the manga pictures on the site and color them on the computer. While you're there, look for me! My penname is AngeloftheDesert!

Tifa

Hi Arthis!
Happy you came over! :)
I'll put you on the list for a Redlance (without the beard)! *giggles*
By the way, it' takin' me some time to get used to your new av, I've still got Pike in my mind... Did you draw this one yourself?

Quote:
callidora

I made it under the stupor of sleep deprivation...thought it was funny. Also, there was this comic book artist who put that once in his comic because he was too lazy to draw the details of a house in the strip.

Me like! It *is* funny! :D Or maybe it's cause I haven't slept enough lately, either..... :roll:

Arthis

Kindredsoul drew it for me. It's Arthis (the elf) from her fanfic Forum meets Elfquest

Tifa

Oh, thanks for the explantion.... I thought it was Strongbow, at first... :oops:
Anyway, I haven't read that fanfic (yet), I guess I should! :) I'm getting curious about the forummovie fanfic too.... but that one will probably still take a while....

Kitt

I just thought he was hot, but I didn't really know who he was Wink And now we know, and knowing is half the battle :o Lovely, by the way! Wink

Arthis

Here's the whole pic (I redden the hair a little, compare to Kindresoul's original drawing)

click on thumbnail

Tifa

Oh yeah! Kin did a really good job on that one! Niiiice! :D

redshine

That's a lovely picture of your elf-self, Arthis! :D

On a different note - has anybody heard from Kindred recently? It seems ages that I've seen her on the forum ... :?

Arthis

I received an email after new year's day, and a PM when I switched to my actual avatar. I guess that means she comes here from time to time...

redshine

So we can take this as a sign that she's okay and well? *being hopefull*

Arthis

Well... :?

I asked her why she wasn't online and posting at the moment, but didn't received any answer yet...

But in her last email, 5 days ago, she said she was OK.

Wait and see and cross fingers.

Kin, WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tifa

Here's an actual "movie-banner"... :P
It took me like forever to get the colors right (grrrrrrrr) and I'm still not satisfied. Oh well. Need some change of banner (and avatar) every now and then.... Wink

Oh, yes, about Kindredsoul! Let's hope she reads this and get our hints....... Wink
Otherwise, Arthis, you have to keep us up to date! :P

redshine

I really like that banner, Tifa! Very nice idea with the film bit and the colours are good too. Also nice that there are scenes that are not so commonly known - not to me anyway :oops: . Somehow (but that's just me) I would like the writing a little more visible though ... :)

Tifa

Thanks Redshine! :)
Yeah, the letters are exactly the problem.... I tried many colors but coz it's black and white, only something like bright red or green would be readable-----but that wouldn't really match with the purple.... :? Grrr. Oh well, never mind. :roll:
I actually don't know the scenes where these pictures are from either, they're from Wolfrider! but that's all I know; I got them from the "requested pictures" thread.

callidora

When i was making my "Cast As..." banners, I used a feature that placed a different color around the letters, which lead to that neat multi-color effect. Of course...I use Paint Shop Pro

Tifa

Hm... I've only got Photoshop... Do you know there's some tool in there that does the same thing? It's actually what I was looking for (inspired by you, Calli! :P Great idea!) but couldn't find it. Sniff.....

callidora

I know that in Paint Shop, when you use the text tool, it has an area where you can select the color or pattern of the font itself, then there's what's called the "stroke", which is the outline. I don't know about PhotoShop, since I never use it...

In Paint Shop:
When using text tool, a pop-up will appear to write the text in, beside it are two options:

Stroke: the outline of the font
Fill: the color of the font itself

Like I said, I don't know what it's called in PhotoShop...

If I could get the banner itself without the text, I could do it for you

Tifa

Quote:
callidora

If I could get the banner itself without the text, I could do it for you

:D I'd be very thankful!
Here it is:

Thanks a bunch!

callidora

No prob, whipped up three different texts...unfortunately, I tried with the pretty, curvy font you used, but it looked horrible with the filler and the stroke:

Tifa

Surprised Owww, they're nice! :D Thank you heaps! I think I'll go for the for the first one, coz the second one has too big letters (it's in front of Rillfisher's face, unfortunately) and well, the third one is the same font you use in your "cast as" banners, so I guess I'd pick something else.
Yes, I'll use the first one! Thanks again, and I'll give you credit for it too! :D

*hugs Callidora*

callidora

It was really no prob, gave me a chance to play with my filler tool (which is how I make the multi-color font). Tried to make the colors match the background of the banner as much as possible.

Glad you like them!

redshine

*Applauds*

Yes - now it looks fabulous!!!! :D

Tifa

Finally, I managed to make a banner for NightAngel!
Yes, I realise she might not use it for too long (if at all) Wink But that's okay, at least I kept my promise! *phew*
So, here it is. I'm not sure myself whether I'm satisfied with this one, though, but anyway....

callidora

@Tifa: I like how you showed the characters at different times...makes them more multi-dimensional and all that. It's amazing what you can do...

@Redshine: It was hard for me to get fonts that I could read myself! Even with the filler and stroke text options, it was hard!

Tifa

@callidora: I'm only trying and playing around.... It will be a looooong time before I can call myself a profi (if I will ever be able to :roll: Wink )
But yeah, I like to show an overall pic of the characters, can't really tell what kind of personality someone has from just one scene.... I do try to stick to Wendy pictures though, if possible. She's just the best! :D

@Redshine:How did you make those letters in your signature? It looks neat like that! :D

callidora

Quote:
Tifa

I do try to stick to Wendy pictures though, if possible. She's just the best! :D

Unfortunately, there's a severe lack of Wendy-drawn Serrin art...

Tifa

Here's a new Clearbrook banner (well, it's the same, just a bit shorter---NightAngel was complaining it was too long... :roll: Wink :P ) Hope you like it now?

@Calli: Oh yeah, I checked for Serrin pics on Google, but there was a huge lack of pictures of her (not just from Wendy...... Hm, did Wendy *ever* drew her? Hm... :? )

Arthis

Quote:
Tifa

@Calli: Oh yeah, I checked for Serrin pics on Google, but there was a huge lack of pictures of her (not just from Wendy...... Hm, did Wendy *ever* drew her? Hm... :? )

No she didn't.
I'm sorry I can't scan you some pics, because I only have her in black and white (Reader's Collection)

cactus

Didn't someone post some of her in the requested picture thread? I think those were pretty much all that was ever made of her.
Oh, and the Clearbrook banner is great :D !!

NightAngel

Yay it's superbly Tifa! -but I already pm'd you- :D

And I wasn't really complaining -that sounds so negative-but I don't like large stuff :S haha that sounds odd eh?

Thank you very much! :D

Tifa

Quote:
Arthis

No she didn't.
I'm sorry I can't scan you some pics, because I only have her in black and white (Reader's Collection)

That's okay, I already saw some in the Requested Pictures thread, I just didn't like them enough to make an avatar from them (sorry, Calli!)
Thanks anyway! :)
Quote:
cactus

Didn't someone post some of her in the requested picture thread? I think those were pretty much all that was ever made of her.

You were faster than me! Wink I didn't know those were the only ones, though... A shame they invent a character who we only see in like, 3 panels.... :roll:
Quote:
NightAngel

And I wasn't really complaining -that sounds so negative-but I don't like large stuff :S haha that sounds odd eh?

Surprised :P
And, happy you like the banner! :D

redshine

Quote:
Tifa

@Redshine:How did you make those letters in your signature? It looks neat like that! :D

Used a feature in my GIMP program and then just linked the sig to my photobucket account - because I couldn't figure out any other way of changing the font :oops:

Love your Clearbrook banner - can't wait to see the next one! :D

Tifa

Gimp? I suppose that's something like Photoshop too? I'm not familiar with it....
Ah well, it doesn't matter *how* you got the nice letters, main thing is that you've got them! I think it looks very nice like that, Redshine! :D

Owww yeah, I've updated my first post with my avatar gallery! It's already in PC's avatar thread too, but this way it's easier for me to update it (even though I'll still update the one at the other thread too, of course) :)

callidora

I dunno about the gimp thing, either, Tifa! It's usually used to decribe someone with a limp where I'm from...

Tifa

You had me laughing out loud there, Caliidora! Grin

callidora

*giggles* Made me giggle reading that! Yeah, when someone has a limp we usually call them "gimpy". I guess it's a Southern insanity thing, seeing as my family and most of my friends are crazy...

redshine

*giggles* The limp thing fits ... Grin

The Gimp is a program you can download free from the internet. If you want more features and for it to work with photoshop plug ins you have to buy the proper version.

At the moment I'm getting a little frustrated with it though because I just can't work it out - having been a free download it obviously also didn't come with a handbook and some features just don't appear to be working. :(

So I got my hubby to have a look at prices for photoshop on the net yesterday and ended up retreating with the words: 'just forget I even asked' ... How can anyone afford this program????? Unhappy

Anyway - Tifa, I love those avies! And the shorter Clearbrook banner version is very pretty too! I don't think it lost any of its expressiveness! :D

Tifa

Thanks Redshine! :)

By the way, I think what I'm using is also some free trial version of Photoshop.... Maybe you can somehow get something like that too?
I know what you mean with the prices, once I went to have a look for another program, 3DStudioMax, and after seeing the prices I was like this:

Free trials are ok, they just don't have all the features unfortunately...

Update!
I've updated some of the bad quality avatars in my gallery, and also I have added another 4 new ones.

Tifa

....And here's a Rind banner for Callidora!

It's a bit small, isn't it.... :?
If you've got any suggestions, let me know, I can still change some things if you'd like me to of course.

Thallasia

Quote:
redshine

At the moment I'm getting a little frustrated with it though because I just can't work it out - having been a free download it obviously also didn't come with a handbook and some features just don't appear to be working. :(

I used the gimp for a while too and had similar problems. I also just had a hard time getting used to the everything is set up. I love the linux idea of having software AND the code to write it free available online so that people can make their own improvement, but you have to be a computer genius to get it to do what you want...At least more of a computer genius than I am...

callidora

Quote:
Tifa

....And here's a Rind banner for Callidora!

It's a bit small, isn't it.... :?
If you've got any suggestions, let me know, I can still change some things if you'd like me to of course.

I LOVE IT!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'll put it up soon, I promise!

Tifa

Quote:
callidora

I LOVE IT!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'll put it up soon, I promise!

Yay! ^^
*does the happy dance*

...More requests, anyone?

callidora

Of course I love it! You got...Chibi Rind! Oh, that's soooo adorable! And you got some Rind images from the new Anime! I can't wait to buy the DVD she's in!

scarlettdoll

Quote:
callidora

*giggles* Made me giggle reading that! Yeah, when someone has a limp we usually call them "gimpy". I guess it's a Southern insanity thing, seeing as my family and most of my friends are crazy...

Grin My siblings/friends and I use the term at each other affectionately when we goof something up. (usually it's me and usually I've done something clumsy)

Tifa--I love all your banners! They're beautiful!

redshine

Well, I've downloaded a test version of Photoshop Elements and it's quite - uhm - interesting. Heaps to learn! The downside is that it keeps telling me that I only have 30 days (counting down) to buy a serial number and install it properly or it'll be disabled ... :?

callidora

[quote:2843e5ff02="redshine"]Well, I've downloaded a test version of Photoshop Elements and it's quite - uhm - interesting. Heaps to learn! The downside is that it keeps telling me that I only have 30 days (counting down) to buy a serial number and install it properly or it'll be disabled ... :?[/quote:2843e5ff02]

That's how we got PaintShop Pro. We downloaded it, then burned it to a CD, so now we can use it without a serial number or anything.

Nowth

[quote:18cbb4cef8="redshine"]The Gimp is a program you can download free from the internet. If you want more features and for it to work with photoshop plug ins you have to buy the proper version.[/quote:18cbb4cef8]
What "proper" version? I thought it was totally free software?

Anyway, the name is stupid, but stands for [b:18cbb4cef8]G[/b:18cbb4cef8]NU [b:18cbb4cef8]I[/b:18cbb4cef8]mage [b:18cbb4cef8]M[/b:18cbb4cef8]anipulation [b:18cbb4cef8]P[/b:18cbb4cef8]rogram. (GNU stands for [b:18cbb4cef8]G[/b:18cbb4cef8]NU's [b:18cbb4cef8]N[/b:18cbb4cef8]ot [b:18cbb4cef8]U[/b:18cbb4cef8]nix.)

As for manuals...

Online docs: http://docs.gimp.org/en/index.html
PDF downloads: ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/docs/
Tutorials: http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/
"Grokking The GIMP" (book): http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/index.html

There's also a version of GIMP called [b:18cbb4cef8]GIMPshop[/b:18cbb4cef8] for people who're already used to Photoshop and don't want to learn new menus and stuff. It's just a different look, though - not a different feature set. Not sure if this is the homepage, but there's an announcement with downloads: http://plasticbugs.com/?page_id=294

redshine

[quote:6b5954e4fc="Nowth"]What "proper" version? I thought it was totally free software? [/quote:6b5954e4fc]

Well, I skipped around a bit on the GIMP website and there was also an offer of a version that you can buy. I didn't read any further though - so somehow I suspected that the free one is just sort of like a fishing hook to get you to buy it. Just that I ain't biting because it's too difficult for me to use ... :oops:

I'm mucking around now with the photoshop thing as long as it will let me.

[quote:6b5954e4fc="callidora"]That's how we got PaintShop Pro. We downloaded it, then burned it to a CD, so now we can use it without a serial number or anything.[/quote:6b5954e4fc]

Hm - can you burn 364MB to a CD? (Geez - this thread is outing me as a total computer illiterate :oops: )

Nowth

Hmm. *skips around, too* *blinks* *hasn't really slept in 38 hours* You mean MacGIMP, WinGIMP, etc.? Not sure what those are about. But no, the free one isn't bait, it's the real thing. I guess it's possible though to package it nicely and sell it (perhaps indeed with extra features, or phone support, etc., things corporate customers want), rather like there're numerous "buyable" Linux operating systems and everyone could in theory create another based off the free source code, and then sell that. Or something.

And you can burn about 700MB to a CD...

Paint Shop Pro is alright, I think. A bit better than The GIMP. The GIMP's text tool is a bit weak. So I didn't regret buying PSP (PSP 7... what version are they at now?). Except... it's for Windows. But ohwell, I'm not doing any graphics anymore anyway...

redshine

Have to try the Paint Shop Pro if I can find it ...

Will definitely try to burn the Photoshop to a CD as soon as I get my CD burner fixed - only 26 days left ...

Nowth - you should go and have some decent sleep!

*hands Nowth a cup of tea, tugs him into bed and keeps stroking his forehead along the hairline until he falls asleep*

Nowth

mmmmh... just one more movie and the rest of the wine, mom!

redshine

Ooookayyy - just the one ... Wink

Tifa

[color=darkred:4615ac8f2b]Bonita[/color:4615ac8f2b], I've now reserved the Newstar avatar to you! :)
(Funny how I was already thinking of you when I made that one! Wink )

Tifa

I put together a Nightfall banner for Innie:
[img:d7aaba9599]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/TifaEQ/nfb1.jpg[/img:d7aaba9599]
Of course, as always, I'm too anthousiastic with putting too many pictures in, so if you don't like it, here's a smaller version:
[img:d7aaba9599]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/TifaEQ/nfb2.jpg[/img:d7aaba9599]
Of course I can swap any pictures you don't like/prefer, so let me know if you have any ideas like that? Wink

innie

I like the banner very much :D , but although I like the pictures, the first one is a bit too long. So I'll take the second one. But can you swap the one from the pin-up calender (second picture on the left) with the nightfall with flowers in her hair from the first banner? Thanks!!

NightAngel

Nice banner :D

Tifa

Thx! :)
All right, give me a minute and I'll change them, Innie!

......So: here's the updated version!
[img:aeca3befea]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/TifaEQ/nfb3.jpg[/img:aeca3befea]
Yeah, the picture with the flowers *is* really nice!

NEXT PAGE