• A thread for Two-Edge was needed
    here so I thought I make one.
    He's the character I based
    my name on, I thought of him and
    how I would be called in his place.
    So this is to my "brother" Two-Edge.

• HEH ! HEH ! HEH !
      HEH ! HEH ! HEH !
  • I would like to know if it is possible for Two-edge, Patron Saint of Engineering, to father offspring if he is essentially a hybrid.
  • He might just be a self-shaper, or possess all of Winnowill's abilities in potential. He just seems to reject them, not entirely unsurprisingly.
  • Interesting question, Trollbabe! It would depend on elfin/trollish genetics, I'd say - as far as I recall, not all hybrids are sterile, it depends on the number of chromosomes they have. Uneven numbers lead to infertility because they muck up the formation of germ cells. But I might be mistaken, after all, it's been quite some time since I last dealt with genetics (14 years, methinks :roll:...).
  • But can we think of Two-Edge as a hybrid in that sense when it took magic to make him? Wouldn't it be Winnowill's decision, then - or potentially Two-Edge's if he is, indeed, a 'shaper'? This is a story where "wolf blood" can be "cleansed"; how does that translate to genetics? I suppose it's "science fantasy" and does not run on poetry alone but... okay, I've never dealt with genetics in any way.
  • There's only one way to find out... :twisted:

*shoves Two-Edge into a cave with Queen Drub*

If this doesn't work, we'll need an elf volunteer... :P
  • Leanan wrote:

"*shoves Two-Edge into a cave with Queen Drub*"

I think you forgot some of the essentials of courtship. Moonflowers? A nice box of assorted chocolate-covered lichens? Concert tickets?

We are a little more sophisticated than you Elves, after all.
  • [quote:538ff7dbe1="Trollbabe"]Leanan wrote:

"*shoves Two-Edge into a cave with Queen Drub*"

I think you forgot some of the essentials of courtship. Moonflowers? A nice box of assorted chocolate-covered lichens? Concert tickets?

We are a little more sophisticated than you Elves, after all.[/quote:538ff7dbe1]

Haha, I like you.

I like the trolls. I would love a troll-centric mini-series. Two-Edge is one of the best trolls, I'd love to see his life up to the quest covered. There was an illustration somewhere of Two-Edge making weapons in an above-ground cave (there was a window leading out to snow) that always captured my imagination...anyone have that picture?
  • Two-Edge is totally the best character Wendy ever invented. The way she kept him so consistent yet developed the reader's knowledge of him so slowly in little pieces and then finally he evolved into the most interesting personality in EQ. He was amazing in Reunion. Well, Reunion was amazing itself, but Two-Edge was the best part of it.
  • [quote:8983f3f227="Alana"]

I like the trolls. I would love a troll-centric mini-series. Two-Edge is one of the best trolls, I'd love to see his life up to the quest covered. [b:8983f3f227]There was an illustration somewhere of Two-Edge making weapons in an above-ground cave[/b:8983f3f227] (there was a window leading out to snow) that always captured my imagination...anyone have that picture?[/quote:8983f3f227]

That would be in the original Quest when Cutter and Skywise were captured by Picknose and they exchanged stories. One of the stories involved Two-Edge, and it does have that scene where he was making weapons with a snowy background. I could check into that, but unfortunately, I just moved and my books were packed.

Two Edge happens to be my fave character...something about him that's almost human-like, that desire to be loved for what he is. I'm sure it resonates in each of us looking for acceptance and love.
  • So far as Two-Edge reproducing, I think it's possible.

I heard somewhere once that glass is actually a liquid that moves so very slowly that it appears to be solid. Whether that's true or not, that's how I tend to think of elven genetics when it comes to Recognition. On a very basic level, I think the elves genetically self-shape in response to their environment -- that's how you could get elves of smaller stature, say or darker skin in a relatively quick amount of time from an evolutionary standpoint. It's also how I think two elves can be near each other all their lives without so much as a sniff of attraction or reproductive potential, then WHAM! Recognition -- the two genetic patterns that will produce the best cubs just happen to match up at that point and the old biological imperative kicks in.

Since the tale of his self-shaping from one of the New Blood specials seems to be canon now and he can manipulate his form, I'd say it'd be possible for Two-Edge to sire a cub or two...maybe even induce Recognition with Venka. It'd be interesting to see.

Suzene
  • On a totally different track of thought...

Two-Edge is still playerless in Blue Mountain.... eventually, I'm probably going to play him myself if no-one else volunteers. Being pipolar, he was one of my rolemodels... the path for me will always be the middle one, no matter what the preacher's say... I belong in the Twilight kingdom, forever, amen.
  • The Wolfriders are a wolf-Elf crossbreed, and they are able to breed with each other and with other Elves. That's why I think it would be possible for Two-Edge to have children, which makes me wonder, why haven't any shown up yet?
  • Quote:
    PCoquelin

HEH ! HEH ! HEH !
      HEH ! HEH ! HEH !

could I use that avi (if it isn't reserved)
  • How strange. He is as nuts and dangerous as his mother, yet is is likeable. Maybe the troll-elf blend makes him as confused and schizoid as the usual human being and make us able to relate to him even when we hate the pain he causes the elves?
  • Maybe that's because we all know he's the victim of child abuse. That his mind has been raped by his own mother since he was a child, and that it's no wonder his mind is now twisted and sick. He hates Winnowill. He loves her. And now she's gone.
    He has struggled his whole life between his two sides, because he has learned to despise who he is. The elves pretty much got it all together.
    Maybe he reminds us of our own strugglings.
    He's a genious, and he's a frightened child that never knew love.

Spoilers for Shards

I think it's a wonderful and sad image to see him caressing his mother's hair, after her head had been chopped of. The despair in his eyes...
  • [quote:58ec89a0df]There was an illustration somewhere of Two-Edge making weapons in an above-ground cave (there was a window leading out to snow) that always captured my imagination...anyone have that picture?[/quote:58ec89a0df]
    Oh, I think I know which one you mean :D . I've always thought that it's really facinating. And he actually looks a bit more sane and content there than he usually does.

This one?

[quote:58ec89a0df]I think it's a wonderful and sad image to see him caressing his mother's hair, after her head had been chopped of. The despair in his eyes...[/quote:58ec89a0df]
    *snif*
    Poor Two Edge :( .
  • ("So meet we finally, build-master"? Whee, I can read... uhm... Norwegian, it is?)

I gather Winnowill is to blame for his troll-elf-blend being confusing... he may have been "whole" until she killed his father in front of him - until she locked him in a thorny cage for her games, "rats and spiders"... she made him insane, on purpose; it has something to do with keeping her secrets from Voll somehow...

It's not the blood alone, is it?
  • Quote:
    Nowth

("So meet we finally, build-master"? Whee, I can read... uhm... Norwegian, it is?)

Danish.
  • (Yup, danish. But it's very similar to norwegian though. The only difference is that we would have written "møtes" instead of "mødes". Oh, and in norwegian bygmester would have had an extra g :D .)

And yes, Winnowill made him insane :( . Poor guy. I wonder how he would have been if she hadn't messed with him.
  • [quote:7cf684475e]I think it's a wonderful and sad image to see him caressing his mother's hair, after her head had been chopped of. The despair in his eyes...[/quote:7cf684475e]

It was that scene that made me finally break my vow to never ever write fanfiction. Two-Edge's obsession with his mother's hair was just too intriguing, I guess. *shrugs* To me he always seemed to have just enough happy memories of his early life to make him so torn between loving and hating her.
  • OH I, loved that fic, Satir! You whould post it here!
  • It's still there for the world to see in the June Monthly Theme thread ;-):

Mother's Hair
  • I could see him taking a lock of her long hair and keeping it as a momento to caress to remind him that she is in fact dead and no longer tormenting him.
  • Always interesting, the "not-right-in-the-head" folk... Plus, he's like an abused puppy. You want to protect and nurture him, but know he could turn on a dime and bite your toes off.
  • )Two-Edge is definitely oine of my favorite characters in EQ. He's definitely to Cutter, what the Joker character is to Batman!!! They have great interactions!!! Anyhoo.... I hope MamaElf brings back Two-Edge along with Aroree (Uber Elf Sylph Babe! :twisted: ) and Venka (cool, colected, Uber-babe elf Wink I have pictures of Beauty & The Beast TV series dancing in my head with a Two-Edge/Venka relationship...if you throw in Aroree..my twisted and sick mind has other types of "Adult films" that come to mind... 8) :twisted:
  • Two-Edge is certainly one of my fav characters. (so is Venka, whaddya know?) And I'm saddened that it's so difficult to find good pics of him online.

Poor guy. I'm sure Venka and Aroree will treat him fine, but I wonder how the Go-backs will...
  • [quote:c880cf500e="PAQMAN67"]) I have pictures of Beauty & The Beast TV series dancing in my head with a Two-Edge/Venka relationship...[/quote:c880cf500e]

Yes, Ron Perlman would be perfect for the part. Would even persuade me to forgive him for his part in that cheesy "Desparation" TV movie.

Re: Bars in the picture of Two-Edge working: I can only guess that this scene is in Blue Mountain, and unless one of the rock-shapers did it, Two-Edge would have created those bars and similar ones for Stronbow's cage.

AYOOOAH!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

Mark all read