ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Allura's Art- 2-6-12 ~Added one pic

Allura

Just because I know I'd soon have a lot of stuff everywhere. I may as well. Besides, "everyone else is doing it!" :D Feel free to color any of the black and white ones, just let me know you've done it and give me mention and all that rot. And to see more of my non-elfquest stuff, go here.

Cannon Characters
The Trio- Taken from Rogues Challenge and given a background. I don't like Rayek's skin color. Ah well.
Snake and Spider- Rayek and Winnowill. Ignore the spiderweb background. And, oh, that Egg is a pain in the butt to draw!
Palace- Rayek and his one true love.
The Change- From Rogue's Curse. Rayek wakes to find himself changed.
Picky- King Picknose. I didn't add the 'Borf'. It was a friend. But I decided to keep it.
Two-Edge- The master forger. One of my fav characters. Practicing his design.
Sketches1- Practice sketches.
Sketches2- More.
Sketches3- Gliders.
Sketches4- Winnowill.
Cutter1- Working with his design.
Cutter2- More.
Cutter3- Last one, I swear.
Skywise- Skywise sketches. He's much easier to get he hang of than Cutter.
What Could Have Been- If Leetah and Cutter had been born High Ones.
Pike- Character sketch of our Roseynose Highthing.
Shenshen- Character sketch of Leetah's little sister.
Hoykar Sketches
Hoykar Facial Study
Sketch of a what if grouping of Mender, Ember, Yun and Tier. CAUTION: Partial Nudity
Inked version of the above. CAUTION: Partial Nudity
READDED 30th Anniversary Pic

Original Characters/Plots
Kaida- Old picture. Daughter of Kahvi and Tyldak.
Vampire- From an old fanfic. Yes that's Rayek on the ground. No I will not post the fan fic. It's too corny.
Vampire Again- Same as above, but in black and white.
Unexpected Visitor- My character, Allura as a cub, meeting the great Two-Edge... by accident.
Siblings- Kaida and Nightblade, from my What If the Wolfriders had never gone into wrapstuff fanfic I'm in the process of writing. Nightblade is son of Cutter and Kahvi.
Siblings2- Flat colored version of above.
Allura- Concept sketches of my char.
Ash 'Nother char from my What if~Wrapstuff fanfic. The son of Treestump and Clearbrook.
Silt Yet another What If Char.
READDEDAcronleaf from my Her Sister's Shadow story.

Other's Fan Char/Plots
Skywise and a female Rayek for the Lioness fanfic.
The same, in color. for the Lioness fanfic.
The same, redone (2008). for the Lioness fanfic.

Colored Only
Mermaid- A mer-elf that a friend of mine drew and I colored for her. Her original is here.
Lord Winnowill- Colored for Max Von Bek in this thread
A Dreamer- Linework done by Makkin. I thought she looked like Scouter and so colored her as Scouter and Dewshine's daughter from their time at the Sun Village.
A Dreamer- Same linework as above, by Makkin. I noticed later that it was mentioned her hair was red, so I altered it and stuck her in a forest.
You Can't Go Home- Drawn by the lovely Windrider.
Ember- I colored Sylverfox's Wendy sketch.
Ember & Tier Just a colored pic from Wild Hunt.
Color Plate

Colored Comic Pages
First Page of 'Dreamtime'
Kahvi Issue 1, Page 1 I'm coloring the comic... what have I started?
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4

Photos
Me as Leetah for Halloween 2008
Closeup if the costume

Guardians
Tara Character Sheet
Erik Character Sheet

Misc
Quest for Improvement- My EQ art through the ages. WARNING: This file is huge!
Wolf's Eye- Done in Photoshop from scratch with a mouse.
Old Loves Die Hard- A very personal pic. Drawn after a very bad breakup with my bf of three years. Based on Nightwish's 'I Wish I Had an Angel'
Cuteness Kills- Winged Wolf and Lion. It's just cute.
Avi- My Allura icon.

STORIES
Her Sister's Shadow- ShenShen goes after Rayek when he leaves the Sun Village, and Pike goes with her.
Darkness Falls- Rayek (Rogue's Curse era) meets a Vampire.

My Reserved Avatars (because I'll forget if I don't put them here.)

manga

None of the links work. *sniff* So many Rayek pics! Must see!

Allura

hm? They're working for me...

Icebird

It tells me that the pics are forbidden Unhappy I could only see the Lord Winowill one..

Allura

huh... well, I'll see if I can fix it tonight. For now, I work. Sorry.

rholt

Yeah, not belonging to deviantart gets me a "Forbidden"

Darkleaf

Im in deviant art and it doesn't allow me either :(

Allura

Grr... ok...

*spends way too much time fixing it*

Done... I think. It should work now.

Kitt

I see everything and everything is AWESOME!! I especially love the trio! :love:

Allura

Thank you. It was one of my first attempts at a real background. (I'm usually too lazy)

nevaratoiel

Wonderful art... Really... I mean it! :D

rholt

Ooooo! I can see now! :clap: Great stuff here! I'm gonna have to come back for a closer look later.

blackash

Hi,
Hope you know mind a small comment...I noticed that you draw with a ball for the head. The jaw line is a bit long to the size of the ball. Here is a pic of some of Wendys head studys of Cutter.

She has quite a few studys online if your interested.
Edit to change pic size

Allura

Thank you for the help with studies, but I have all of the Gatherums and such that have those. I tend to put some of my own style in there. I don't like mimicing Wendy completely.

...could you possibly reduce the size of the pic or link to it so it doesn't stretch the page please?

krwordgazer

I viewed these with great pleasure, Allura. I particularly liked the one where the young elf surprises Two-Edge! You caught the moment perfectly!

The Rayek-Vampire one is quite troubling and intriguing. And the "Old loves die hard" is deeply moving. I can tell you put your whole soul into that one. . .

Nice work! :D

blackash

Quote:
Allura

Thank you for the help with studies, but I have all of the Gatherums and such that have those. I tend to put some of my own style in there. I don't like mimicing Wendy completely.

...could you possibly reduce the size of the pic or link to it so it doesn't stretch the page please?

That being the case your drawings have made leaps and bounds of impovmant from your earily pic. I like your charter that you made up she cute.
edit to add. I think the pic of her sitting down the shape are really good in that pic.
umm sorry about size and fix it.

Allura

Quote:
blackash

That being the case your drawings have made leaps and bounds of impovmant from your earily pic. I like your charter that you made up she cute.
umm sorry about size and fix it.

Thank you.

Which character? I posted two females I believe.

And no problem about the size. It's all good now. :)

blackash

The one on your imporment page. The pic I like is the one where she is sitting down with one knee up in the air. The follow pic is of her pulling skywise ear.

Foxeye

I really admire how you've done so many different expression/character studies. I wish I had the dedication to do stuff like that! There's some yummy stuff in there Allura...I'm so glad you've posted your art for us to enjoy!

Allura

Quote:
blackash

The one on your imporment page. The pic I like is the one where she is sitting down with one knee up in the air. The follow pic is of her pulling skywise ear.

Ah, Kaida is her name.

Quote:
Foxeye

I really admire how you've done so many different expression/character studies. I wish I had the dedication to do stuff like that! There's some yummy stuff in there Allura...I'm so glad you've posted your art for us to enjoy!

Thanks!

redshine

Only just managed to pop in ... *checks piccies on first page* :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more! :D

Allura

Couple more I did for this thread.

Skywise and a female Rayek.
Here

And in quick color.
Here

The_Wylde_Wynd

I still can't get over that one :D ! Good gravy Allura, where did you learn to draw! These are awesome! I espesialy love the "Cuteness Kills" one and the "I wish I had an angel" based one, that's one of my favorite songs and the emotion just leaps off the page!

Allura

Quote:
"The_Wylde_Wynd
I still can't get over that one :D ! Good gravy Allura, where did you learn to draw! These are awesome! I espesialy love the "Cuteness Kills" one and the "I wish I had an angel" based one, that's one of my favorite songs and the emotion just leaps off the page!

Thanks. Honestly, I learned to draw by copying and tracing EQ when I was little, and just refining it since. The "I wish I had an Angel" one stemmed from a couple bad months in a row. Emotion galore. :D

Sofia

Beautiful, all of it! *Is extremely impressed* My favorites are "Vampire" (the wonderful use of color!), "Skywise and female Rayek" (just whoa...) and "Cuteness Kills" (they were so breathtaking that I believe I'm slightly deceased)

Allura

A character to my "What if the Wolfriders hadn't gone into Wrapstuff (during the wait for the Palace)" story...

This is the son of Clearbrook and Treestump. His name is Ash because of his ashy-grey hair and grey-blue eyes. He eventually becomes chief. Won't let you know how. I'm thinking about actually writing this thing, but it covers the whole 10,000 years and I'm not really sure how to go about it.... I'll have to think.

Seastorm

That is a great pic Allura! I can't wait to see it colored (hint, hint, hint) :D .
THat story sounds like it could be very entertaining...also very long. What about writing a few stories that connect? Split it apart a little bit and just focus on main events dealing with a very few main characters. I would love to read it!!!

Allura

Quote:
"Seastorm
That is a great pic Allura! I can't wait to see it colored (hint, hint, hint) :D .
THat story sounds like it could be very entertaining...also very long. What about writing a few stories that connect? Split it apart a little bit and just focus on main events dealing with a very few main characters. I would love to read it!!!

I was thinking about it. The one idea I have that I really like so far is maybe writing it in the point of view of the Immortals that survive the whole tons of years.

And I was planning on coloring it, but it may take a while. I'm a bit busy as of late.

Allura

I have a story up now. (Worldpool) Rayek and ShenShen. What a couple...

Go check it out. Click Here.

krwordgazer

Ash is cute! :D

blackash

May I please colour this one
[img:9eb23472e6]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/vaiya/RayekSkywise2.jpg[/img:9eb23472e6]

Allura

Oh, sure. By all means.

Honestly, I have no problem with people coloring my linework if they want, so long as I'm informed it's happening and they don't take credit for the whole picture. So, go ahead. :D

Allura

I have a new story.
Darkness Falls

Allura

Linework by Makkin. Go look! Fabulous art! Go, go!

I thought at first she looked like Scouter a bit, so I made her Scouter and Dewshine's daughter from their time in the Sun Village, therefore growing up there and getting dark(ish) skin.

Then, noticed later that Makkin said her hair was red, so I fixed it.

I can't decide which one I like better. And I think I'm being Christmas influenced with the Red/Green color scheme...

crescent1325

Oh, lovely allura. they both are beautius.

One minor critique... In the desert rendition.. the color of the Left hand is slightly pinker then the rest of her body..

Either way, though your right. She does look like thier "what if" daughter! :D

Kitt

Girl your coloring skillz ROCK!!! :love:

Allura

Sprites of Rayek I did a while back.

Treefox

Cuteness overflow! These are great! How did you do 'em?

morlequioen

Rayek!!!
rayek art and rayek spritsez :P

Allura

Quote:
Treefox

Cuteness overflow! These are great! How did you do 'em?

Well, I didn't start from scratch. I took some sprites from an old (but awsome) game called Chrono Trigger and, using them as a base, made them into Rayek. For the colors, I'd usually take a few pics of Rayek and sample the colors, mix them until we had one that I like. (his skin isn't the same color... like, ever.)

And voila! Little Rayeks waiting to be in a video game... but they won't be, at least not from my end. I suck at programming.

The_Wylde_Wynd

You used Magus didn't you. :D

Allura

Of course! You think I'd use Chrono? Nope, Chrono is Cutter. Magus is Rayek. I love that game... HeartHeartHeart

The_Wylde_Wynd

Quote:
Allura

Of course! You think I'd use Chrono? Nope, Chrono is Cutter. Magus is Rayek. I love that game... :heart: :heart: :heart:

Me too!*waves "Magus Rules" flag*

Allura

Quote:
The_Wylde_Wynd

Quote:
"Allura
Of course! You think I'd use Chrono? Nope, Chrono is Cutter. Magus is Rayek. I love that game... Heart Heart Heart

Me too!*waves "Magus Rules" flag*

Lol. Magus fans unite!

Once I tried to see what would have happened in the ending when you kill him, and I couldn't do it. I had to turn it off. I'm so sad...

(Also just noticed that you joined on my birthday. Neat!)

Treefox

Thanks for explaining. Even if you won't use them for a game, they still rock! And all those outfits...aaaww

JadeOwl

Want to be able to make a game now sooo baaad!! Surprised Surprised :(

*goes off to try to figure out wimpy little game-maker for the fiftieth time*

Allura

Drawn by the lovely Windrider

Click the link.

Treefox

Beautiful colors, indeed. I especially like the skintones.

joselle

Ahhhh! The Rayek Sprites are soooo cute!! :love:

Thallasia

Nice coloring job, Allura! :D

Arthis

Beautiful Surprised

Allura

I was on the third page. That makes me sad. I should probably post some new stuff. *goes looking for any new stuff*

Allura

Lookie! New stuff! (I have so many things 'in the works' right now...)

This is a character sheet (still kinda in sketchy form) of Tara. You may see some resemblance from some of the 'Sonic/Knuckles' pictures on my Deviantart account (if you've checked it out.) Anyway, I've been writing this story for years, and while it was originally a Sonic/Knuckes type fanfiction, I have made it my own. I just couldn't stand not being able to get it published someday because of copyright crap. So I'm working it into my own little world, heavily influenced by Sonic (mostly the Archie comics), Elfquest (of course), Warlands (a comic that I don't know is around anymore... It might be, but I haven't seen it in a while), a dash of Lord of the Rings, and various anime/mangas (mostly Oh! My Goddess).

This here is one of the main characters. She is a Guardian/Protector of her city, defined by the tatoo on her face. I won't go into much more than that, as I do intend on publishing this someday. I hope you like. If you do, I'll probably end up posting the rest of them (when they're done.)

I figured I'd at least post something here to prove I'm not dead- artwise.

And yes, I only realized afterwards that I gave her a mullet. It makes me sad, but I don't have the heart to change it. It fits her.

Treefox

Wowzers! Spiffy and tough! I like it!

Satiretto

I like her! She looks cool.

martoo

Totally agree with Treefox and Satiretto
:love:

The_Wylde_Wynd

Oh! Way cool!

Icebird

kawaii! :D

Allura

Ah, thanks guys! *loves*

Kitt

Oooooooooh! Sketchin's!!! :love:

Badger

Got to love that pink hair. :3

redshine

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice! :D

joselle

Surprised Hair...so very...pink! Grin

Allura

Quote:
"joselle
Hair...so very...pink!

LOL! That it is. ^^

Allura

New one!

This guy is Erik (May change his name). He's a scientist in a very nature-rific, hippie-ish society. He's respected, but kind of ignored. Kind of like, they like anything he makes or does that helps them, but the position is looked down upon. Everyone should just be happy and laid-back. He doesn't mind though. He likes what he does. He has a huge in-depth backstory, but it's actually part of the plot, so I won't tell you.

Oh, and his colors are supposed to clash. He has no fashion sense. He's a scientist, not a model, damnit Jim! (Gah! Star Trek reference. I'm such a geek.)

martoo

He looks really cute... :love:
My hubby is scientist and researcher, too so I do have a weakness for such guys and their sense for clashing colors :mrgreen: :heart:

JadeOwl

I like his gloves a lot!

Treefox

Really cool! Like the hair and the young version is adorable!

The_Wylde_Wynd

Really cool! I love the one where he's a little kid, the pose and expression are just perfect!

Allura

More art: I colored Sylverfox's Wendy sketch.

Kestral

oooo pretty!

blackash

:D Great job. Love the colours.

Freefootgirl

Love it! I really like all of your other sketches as well, (especially the Two-edge ones- you're excellent at drawing him!)

-Freefootgirl

Bluedepth

Allura,

I love Kaida! The daughter of Kahvi and Tyldak. She'd be a great playmate for Vaska (the daughter of Pike and Vaya that Treefox created from my request).

Allso i enjoy the idea that the wolfriders would have lived a bit more before going to sleep or not slept at all. I wouldnt mind seeing Nightblade or Ash been born. They have the best qualityes of their parents.

Love the art you have here!

~Blue

Allura

Quote:
"Bluedepth
Allura,

I love Kaida! The daughter of Kahvi and Tyldak. She'd be a great playmate for Vaska (the daughter of Pike and Vaya that Treefox created from my request).

Allso i enjoy the idea that the wolfriders would have lived a bit more before going to sleep or not slept at all. I wouldnt mind seeing Nightblade or Ash been born. They have the best qualityes of their parents.

Love the art you have here!

~Blue

Still pondering on whether I should write the story I have with them in it. But I'm not sure how to. I want to write what happened from the point where they should have gone into wrapstuff and didn't and to the point where the palace re-appeared. But... a LOT happens, and I don't want to write everything. I'm working it out, but when I get it, I'll post it on the forum.

Allura

I haven't done a lot of drawing lately. I'm kinda in the middle of coloring a million different pictures, and my muse can't decide to finish any of them. Bah. Anyways...

Here's another character from the What If story. His name is Silt. I won't give away his parentage, even though I have a feeling you can guess. (But maybe not.)

martoo

Oh this is cute :D :love: :D

Satiretto

Very cute :D!

Bluedepth

i'm thinking pike and krim for the parents. He is very cute!

~Blue

Treefox

Cute he is then! Wink

Freefootgirl

Awww, he is so... cute and happy!

-Freefootgirl

Allura

Quote:
Bluedepth

i'm thinking pike and krim for the parents. He is very cute!

~Blue

Hm... nope. I guess it's more difficult than I thought. You'll get it when I post a colored pic of him though. (In the process of giving him a flat coloring.)

crescent1325

Im thinking Twoedge and Venka

Allura

Ah! There it is. Thought it would be guessed quick.

JadeOwl

He look's Suntop-y! :D

Allura

Finally getting stuff done! Got a new colored pic. I wanted to do a colored pic of Ember and Tier for a while now, so I scanned in one, and colored it. Voila!

martoo

Oh, nice job :D :love:

joselle

purty!! :P

crescent1325

wowzers! nice!

Satiretto

Nice colouring!

Bluedepth

Oh jeah, i can see the similarity now in Silt to his parents.
Hope to see him coloured soon!

Allso like your teir and ember!

~Blue

Freefootgirl

Quote:
Allura

Finally getting stuff done! Got a new colored pic. I wanted to do a colored pic of Ember and Tier for a while now, so I scanned in one, and colored it. Voila!

*gasp* BEAUTIFUL! Love the coloring... Ember... **drool** Teir... **drool** :D Nice work.

-Freefootgirl

Allura

Quote:
Freefootgirl

*gasp* BEAUTIFUL! Love the coloring... Ember... **drool** Teir... **drool** :D Nice work.

-Freefootgirl

*wipes the drool* Don't hyperventilate. We don't want to have to deal with the paperwork. :D

Zebula77

Very prettyfull indeed. :D

Freefootgirl

Quote:
Allura

[quote:e7c14d6360="Freefootgirl"]

-Freefootgirl

*wipes the drool* Don't hyperventilate. We don't want to have to deal with the paperwork. :D[/quote:e7c14d6360]

:D :D :!: :D :D

-Freefootgirl

Blackbird

Great colouring Allura :)

Treefox

Whee! I like it, too!

Seastorm

Awesome coloring, but WHERE THE HECK IS THAT FROM??????? I thought I had read everything, but um........HELP!!!
:D

Freefootgirl

Quote:
Seastorm

Awesome coloring, but WHERE THE HECK IS THAT FROM??????? I thought I had read everything, but um........HELP!!!
:D

I believe it's from The Wild Hunt.

-Freefootgirl

Allura

It is from Wild Hunt, the issue where Tier first comes back... after the Redeemer, I think. (I don't have my comics with me, or I'd check)

NEXT PAGE