ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

February 2011 Grab Bag

TrollHammer

Here are the elements.

All works must be related to Elfquest, whether canon-based, original character, alternate universe, or whatever. Writings must contain all the above elements. Art can either contain all the elements, or illustrate one of the writings.

A hunt may be after prey or treasure of any kind.

A new chance

Yay!
(Or any kind of cheering.)

A fall

Desperation
of some kind. Can be hilarious or serious.

the wolf instincts in an elf

Have Fun!

RedheadEmber

New Life

Oooowoooo!

Rejoice.

Tonight’s the night;

a cub’s been born.

Little one,

come now

run with the wolves,

hunt with the tribe.

Maybe you’ll fall,

cry in desperation.

Despair not,

sweet cub,

there’s always a new chance.

TrollHammer

(Little typo, last word)

Almost seems like a song out of the Quest, like one that shouod have been in print! Good job!

Cleopatra

Nice poem Redhead Ember.

Cleopatra

*Sighs* The thread must go on here. Hope you enjoy reading.

*places some cookies at the table for all the readers*

The Most Unthinkable

”The sky is so beautiful tonight,” a female voice said. Optarh looked back and looked at his daughter, Sylvana sitting near the window. Tall and slender, bright blue eyes and the light curls that reached down to her waist. Everyone could see that she was the daughter of Optarh and Erla. She pulled her knees up to her chin as she looked up at the sky.

“And the stars is shining so clear,” Sylvana continued.

“I know,” Optarh replied with a smile, but he could sense that Sylvana was worried.

“What is bothering you?” he asked as he sat down beside her. Sylvana sighed and looked down at her kneed.

“Anhor,” she said slowly.

“Do you really think he has left us?”

“It’s not certainly yet,” Optarh replied. He didn’t like what had happened the last few weeks; Anhors disappearance, most of his warriors who had been found dead and the mysterious ninjas who had been seen around now. And now during the evening, he and Satekh had tried to think what to do. It was possible that here might be war.

“But we’ll figure it out,” Optarh continued and lifted Sylvanas chin and looked into her eyes.

“And if Anhor has something to do with this, I will give him a new chance.”

“You will?” Sylvana said surprised with wide eyes.

“Of course,” Optarh replied with a smile.

“Something I learned from one of the High Ones, it is that we all are of one heart and one mind.”

Sylvana responded to hug him tightly. Optarh couldn’t stop smiling as he stroked her hair and looked at Erla who stood in the doorway. Although things looked a little difficult now, they still had each other. What more could they want?
###########################################################################

“Optarh, wake up!” Satekh whispered low as he shook his shoulder.

“What?” Optarh asked sleepy once he opened his eyes and looked around. He looked a bit confused first, but then he remembered why they were here in the woods and hidden in the trees.

Satekh hushed at him.

**Look!** he sent locked and pointed down at the ground. Optarh leaned himself down at the branches and looked down, his eyes widened.

**You were right, Satekh!** Optarh sent back as he continued to look down.

**It is them!**

**I had hoped it wasn’t true!** Satekh sent back as he looked down at the ninjas. It wasn’t many of them, but they couldn’t be sure. Satekh looked at Optarh and looked worried.

**Do you think he’s living too?**

**I don’t know!** Optarh sent.

**There is only one way to find out!**

Satekh knew what Optarh thought. And it was to spy on them. But he also understood that it would be hard to spy on them from the trees all the time. His eyes lit up once he got an idea, and sent to Optarh what his suggestion was. Optarh lowered his brows before he replied.

**That’s a good idea. Now we must wait for the right moment!**

**They’re splitting up now!** Satekh sent as he pointed at them. Optarh nodded and waited for the right moment.

**Now!** Optarh sent. The two twin brothers jumped unexpectedly down on two of The Dark Ones, they couldn’t take the chance that they could warn the rest. They hid the dead bodies before they started to take off the black clothes.

**It might be a little problem!** Satekh sent. Optarh saw what he meant. He studied the hands, he hadn’t thought about it before, but these ninjas had five fingers. Carefully Optarh pulled of the mask of one of the ninjas, his eyes widened when he saw the face and the round ears.

**Round-Ears?** Optarh sent confused and looked at Satekh.

**Don’t look at me!** Satekh sent back as he shrugged with his shoulders and smiling apologetically to Optarh.

**Although I have lived with them so long, I haven’t really seen them without those clothes!**

How can that be possible? Optarh thought as he slapped his forehead and cursed silent as he looked at Satekh before he looked down at the dead round-ears. He had heard of the round-ears from the High Ones when he was younger, but he had never seen one so close before. Well, expect when it came to battle. But where did they come from? Why hadn’t he or the others discovered them before? And how did The Dark Prince find them first?

**Are we still going to figure it out?** Satekh sendt after a while.

**Yes!** Optarh sent back. They could do the best they could to keep their hands hidden while they dressed themselves in the black clothes. They tied their hair into ponytails before they took the mask over their faces.

**Now we really look like ninjas!** Optarh sent as he looked down at himself.

“You’re right,” Sunshine said as she smiled to Xin-Jing after using her healing powers and ‘seen’ the little unborn child. Xin-Jing stroke her hand over the big stomach and waited that Sunshine should continue to say.

“The little one is having magical abilities as well.”

Xin-Jing couldn’t stop smiling. The children laughed as they ran around and played at the lake while Xin-Jing,Sunshine and Moonlight sat nearby and watched them. Xin-Jing closed her eyes as she held her hands over her stomach, she could hear the children cheering somewhere as they played with each other.

Suddenly she opened her eyes. She didn’t know why, but she got an uneasy feeling. And the surroundings were so quiet. She shouted for the children and said it was time to think about to prepare food before their father came home. The children smiled and began to walk home with their mothers and aunt behind. But it still didn’t help the feeling Xin-Jing had, she felt like a wolf with the instinct to protect her cubs.

She looked to the side and stiffened as she looked back. Everything happened so fast and the only thing she was able to do, was to send a cry to her mate, parents and her ‘big brothers’ when a hand covered her mouth and grabbing her hands.

Hawkeye had nock the arrow to the bow and was ready to release the arrow when he heard the cry inside his head. His eyes widened, his face became pale. He didn’t answer the others questions, he just turned around and ran. He was desperate, he ran as fast as he could, ignoring the cries of the others behind him.

He wasn’t the only one that approached the lake, Alborn, Toron and Sturkas was there and knelt down to Sunshine, Moonlight and Himerish who was unconscious. Eros came a moment after with Erla and Louros behind. As soon the three unconscious elves woke up, they told what had happened. There were many questions that everyone asked themselves; How? Why? Why did they come here? Shouldn’t every one of them have been dead after their mountains had collapsed?

Hawkeye fell down at his knees and felt that everything collapsed around him. His mate and children were captured. By The Dark Ones. But why?

“There might be an obvious reason,” Eros said suddenly after a while. All faces turned toward him.

“Revenge!”

Eros continued to think out what the reason for this revenge was.

“Shadow Mountain was crushed by Hawkeye and The Dark Prince may have been killed by it. Therefore, they want revenge to hurt Hawkeye through Xin-Jing and their children!”

“We must do something,” Alborn said seriously. He tried to stay calm, but everyone could see he was shaking by anger and fear.

“We’ll split up into groups and search for traces. They can’t have come far away yet!” Toron said after a while.

“I’ll come with you,” Hawkeye said and rose up.

“I must find them.”

“No, you’re not,” Toron said and held him by the shoulder to stop him. He looked straight into Hawkeyes eyes. Hawkeyes eye is lightening at Toron.

“Let go my arm,” Hawkeye said with clenched teeth. But Toron didn’t intend to give in.

“But don’t you remember? If you get near The Dark Ones, they become stronger. And who knows what they could do to Xin-Jing and the children?”

It felt like he got a punch in his face. Hawkeye knew that Toron was right. He lowered his head with a heavy sigh and tried to hide his tears.

“Go back to the village, we’re looking for clues,” Toron said and looked after that Hawkeye returned to the village with Starfire, Blindeye, Sunshine, Himerish and Moonlight, Topaz and Daredevil. Louros and Erla went after them while they wondered if this was planned. That the enemy used the opportunity while Optarh and Satekh were gone now?

But what worried Erla most now was how she was going to tell it to Lilac. She knew that Lilac wouldn’t take it nicely.

Hawkeye was crazy by waiting. No matter what he did, he was unable to calm down. He went back and forth on the floor, sighed loudly and felt tired of being so worried. He sighed loud once more before he sat down on the edge of the bed and placed his hands on his head.

This didn’t work. He couldn’t do anything to helpthem and it didn’t help for him to sit still here. But what could he do?

He felt totally exhausted. He looked toward the window at the side and realized that he needed fresh air. He walked toward the window and opened it. The fresh cool air caressed his face and he lay down at the bed with his eyes closed.

What would Xin-Jing have done? he thought suddenly. He remembered that Xin-Jing had taken the hunt afterh him when he was captured by The Dark Ones, even though she waited Eagle-Eye and Nghala at that time. But would she have done the same thing now for Eagle-Eye and Nghala when she expected a new child and more closer to the birth this time?

Of course she would have done it. Hawkeye knew Xin-Jing too well. She wasn’t only a mother, but also a warrior. She could take care of herself. But then he suddenly remembered. He also had saved Xin-Jing from the death, used his powers against the monster The Dark Ones had with them even though it was dangerous then. He had saved her once. And he could save her again. But how?

Suddenly a thought struck him and he rose up quickly, still sitting the bed.

Why didn’t I think of it before? he thought to himself. He got up from the bed and he started to run out of the room.

He had run as fast as he could back to the lake and knelt down to the ground. He was a tree shaper, so if he somehow could came in contact with the nature, he might get to know exactly in which direction The Dark Ones had went.

He sat down on the ground with crossed legs and placed his hands on the ground before he closed his eyes and went into a deep trance. Then he could see and almost hear the screams from the children, Sunshine and Moonlights scream of horror before they were beaten unconscious to the ground with Himerish. Xin-Jing had tried to fight herself free by to kick, which wasn’t easy because of the big belly. The Dark Ones pulled her toward the mountain wall nearby, one of the ninjas lifted his hand to one of the bushes nearby…

Hawkeye gasped once he felt a heavy pressure at his shoulder and he turned his head and looked straight into Alborns and Eros eyes.

“And what are you doing here?” Alborn asked slowly.

Hawkeye didn’t answer. He rose up from the ground and began to walk as he looked down, like he searched for tracks. Alborn sighed heavily as he looked at Hawkeye.

“I know that you want to find Xin-Jing and the children,” Alborn said slowly.

“Also I want to find them. But we can’t do anything now. All we can do is…”

Alborn frowned when Hawkeye didn’t answer where he went. His hand touched along the stone wall. He seemed to be in his own thoughts which irritated Alborn.

“Hawkeye. Are you actually listening to me?” Alborn asked irritated. He sighed loudly asn shook his head when Hawkeye didn’t answer. Eros tried to calm down Alborn by thouching his shoulder. He understood that this wasn’t easy for Hawkeye or Alborn. Lilac hadn’t taken the news nice and now Erla was busy to comfort her while the otherwarriors were looking for traces with Toron and Sturkas. Another group was sent to try to find chief Optarh and Satekh while the rest remained in the village.

“I just don’t know what to do, Eros,” Alborn said low as he looked back at Hawkeye who was still looking for… High Ones knew what.

“It’s like I can’t think clearly anymore.”

Suddenly they heard a scream from Hawkeye. Alborn and Eros looked back and just saw Hawkeyes feet disappear. Both of them ran where Hawkeye had been standing just a moment ago and moved the bushes, they could hear clearly that Hawkeye rolled down in the dark tunnel before they heard a loud BANG!

“Hawkeye?” Alborn cried as he looked down and tried to look after him.

“Hawkeye, are you okey?”

“Look what I found here,” Hawkeye cried back. Alborn sighed out in relief as soon he heard Hawkeyes voice, which meant that he hadn’t got hurt during the fall. He looked at Eros before he looked down at the tunnel and raced down to Hawkeye. Eros came shortly after and soon the three elves looked around in the tunnel they were in.

“By the High Ones,” Eros said slowly as he looked around.

“How can it be that we haven’t discovered this before?”

“Maybe this was one of the ways to get back and forth during the war?” Alborn said thoughtfully before he looked at Hawkeye.

“How did you find it out?”

“I used my tree shaping abilities,” Hawkeye said satisfied.

“I came in contact with the nature to try to learn where The Dark Ones took Xin-Jing and the children.”

The three elves looked toward the tunnel before they looked at each other. They thought the same thing; this was the only way that could lead to Xin-Jing and the children. And right to The Dark Ones too. They knew that they should tell the others about this tunnel, but now when they were so close to the goal at this hunt for a mate, father and a friend. They started walking in the tunnel and stayed together for the unknown that waited them.

RedheadEmber

Thanks for the nice comments guys. And thanks for pointing out my little mistake, Trollhammer!