ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

lunakat

And keep in mind that he just spent a week at Comicon in San Diego. Am I really that difficult to shop for? Really? I have three book cases in my house. One is full of poetry and contemporary novels. The other is literature from college. I have told him over and over again who my favorite writers are. But I get that that might be a difficult thing to shop for. The third book case is all art books and comic books. What is Comicon full of? What? And just in case he was really confused about which comic books I like- I have a huge collection of one thing- that I told him I loved. Can anyone here on this forum guess which comic book I like the most? He bought gifts for his niece and nephew. For his brother in law. His mom remembered to send me a card. He didn't get anything. And when I looked at him with an 'are you kidding me' expression he acted confused. How can he be confused?? About that? Is this a guy thing? Who doesn't get their girlfriend a birthday gift? I don't believe he doesn't understand gifts- because he got them for other people that same trip. And he told me "if you wanted something you should have said something." I didn't specifically ask for anything because I wanted him to have the chance to find me something and wrap in in paper and give it as a surprise, and I figured if I asked that would limit his options. He's not a creative thinker when it comes to gifts- but he spent a week at a mall. That's what Comicon is- right? It's a big freakin temporary mall filled with comic books, art books and the people who made them. He bought himself something. He bought a huge, expensive robot toy. And so, he's like - 'I will take you out to a nice meal and dinner. Let's go shopping. I will buy you whatever you want. What do you want to do?' Gee, I don't know. But I do know that the last thing I want to have to do is plan this sh*t for you. So- guys out there. How the heck should I respond to this? Because so far I've been pretty freakin nice about it. Should I just be grateful that he feels bad?