ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

the sketch thread

pine

Man, lately when I get home from work, I'm just too tired to work on any major art pieces, but I've still been sketching. I'll post some of those sketches in here. I'm hoping other people will use this as a place to post doodles, sketches and stuff. No stress, just express yourself

Brighteyes

thats nice Pine!

Keep them coming!

MultiMEDEA

I like it, pine. She's got this J-Lo "I'm just Nightfall from the block" attitude about her. :mrgreen:

micinjensue

I have some old sketches that I want to dust off, so I guess I can share them for now...who knows, I might yet do something with them. I was actually hoping to find a sketch I did a few years back that looked uncannily like Pine's. I thought it would be funny to show the similarities. Oh well, maybe next time.

Anyway, 4 piks for now (being as they are from Mossgreen I don't expect them to last for very long Evil Grin )

These are old...I'm so lazy

The first drawing is a portrait of Clearbrook

This one too...she looks very happy here.

I call this one "Slingshot", it's supposed to be Shale and Eyes-High as cubs.

And this is my version of a young Mantricker

Like I said they are old...sorry about that

BTW...my sig in the drawings is JDuff...that's right, that is me too.

Brighteyes

It really is fasinating to see all the talented people on the board!

I'm astonished!!!

*me want more*

WhiteTiger

BTW Great work to both of you...sorry I had not posted until now..been preoccupied

Arthis

I love the outfit you created for Clearbrook Mic :D

micinjensue

:oops: Awe thanks. :D

Yeah, I'm all into fringe, me likes it muchly, I'm particularily fond of Clearbrook costume too, but I think that I made the shoulder points to long. :?

I love Mantricker's expression, it really comes across as if got some nasty thoughts going on in the cute little head of his...ummm. :twisted:

My problem is that lately I haven't been doing any EQ drawings...just original non-elf type stuff. Sigh...

MultiMEDEA

Cool Clearbrook, Mic. I always love to see her in new outfits.

Rainedancer

OHH!!!
Pretty pics!!
The Nightfall is awsome Pine! And I really like t\the Clearbrook and the Mantricker picture micinjensue!! :D

Arfurido

I luuuv the young Mantricked one, Mi! :D

joyleaf1

great art guys I love them! :D

scarlettdoll

those are great!

Pine, that sketch looks like grafetti art! Specially with the way you signed your name. I would love to see that kind of art decorating the sides of bridges and trains.

Mic-those are wonderful! I didn't know you could draw! I would like to see some of your non-EQ stuff too, if you wouldn't mind?

pine

Hey, thanks you guys,
and micinjensue, thanks for posting such cool stuff in here. I'm going to go hit up my neighborhood diner for some hashbrrowns and eggs, and work on a sketch. If it's any good I'll post it up when I get back-

dartfan

Man I love your style Pine... it has this whole graffiti/urban art feel.... just awesome!

pine

Well, since I'm being accused of being a street artist...Here's my pic

-The diner was cool. The food was greasy as heck. The cook leaned over to look at what I was drawing, and he was like"Dude, do you read Elf quest"? Turns out he's a fan too. I stayed for a while, and spent so long on my pic that it can hardly be called a sketch anymore, but

dartfan

How hot is your Leetah!! (Doesn't mention it took me a couple of seconds to work out the one in the back was Cutter :oops: ) I also like the coffee cup ring at the bottom of the page... very authentic for a diner sketch :P

*wishes he'd found Pine's art BEFORE the 2005 Elfquest Fan Art Calendar entries closed so he coulda tried to talk Pine into entering*

pine

I'm such a dork, I did that on purpose Grin

micinjensue

Your streetkids Leetah and Cutter are so coool Pine!

Scarlettdoll you can see some of my Artwork on my webpage (which I update maybe once or twice a year...like I said...I am lazy), you should be able to reach it through the WWW link on the bottom of the post.

At present I need to work on the site (seriously) and find somewhere else to post my One-Eye comic, because the place I have it right now doesn't let non-members in to view it...what a bummer.

This is the latest non-EQ drawing I am working on, this is in the Ink stage.
I call this one Eternity and they are the characters of a story concept I have, which I have yet to start to write...presently I'm just working on plot and summary and character developement...(I'll say it again :twisted: ...I'm lazy Evil Grin )

It looks fuzzy! Evil Grin , I saved a copy from BMP (which I work with exclusively until the drawing is completed) and compressed it to JPG and it went fuzzy...grrrr that makes me mad...whew good thing it's just a copy Wink

scarlettdoll

those are really nice mic! I will def go check out your website.

Pine--that is great!! Hilarious!

Have either of you ever drawn Joyleaf? (you may have noticed, she's kinda my fav :mrgreen: )

micinjensue

Wow, you're here...that was fast, I just posted the thing...

here's my computer rendered version of Joyleaf...I love her face. (yeah...I know I drew her and thus should love her anyway...but I just love her face.)

For Scarlettdoll

Now it's off to beddibye

pine

I really like that last pic

micinjensue

:oops: Awwww....

Okay, now it really is beddibye time for me. Mi yawns and sleepily rubs her eyes as she stumbles off to bed...

WhiteTiger

I just love your style pine...That is really great stuff man

scarlettdoll

Wait! Don't go! It's not showing up for me! NOOO!! *falls to knees as rain suddenly comes pouring down* WHY??!!!

micinjensue

I'm not gone yet...Something isn't working with Mossgreen, for some reason the picture doesn't stay in the memory. Oh well, my Joyleaf picture can be found at my site. Go to the Mi Art page, she should be up near the top of the page. Warning it is Yahoo and it will cop out after viewing just a few drawings. I will find a new provider...I will, I will make that a New Years Resolution!

Erm...it's here and it's gone. It's here and it's gone. I'm confused... :?

I mean it this time...no more lingerings...I must go to bed! Mi drags herself away from the board...the board tugs back, resisting...oh the drama...oh the struggle...

Good night

scarlettdoll

Ah! *gets off knees; rain stops* She's so pretty!! They are all good. I love the quality of Leetah's hair in Leetah 1.

And the pic of Azar looks like something right up LordDarkhan's alley.
Nice!

wildfire

@Pine, your style is totally cool!

@Micinjensue, nice! Can I use the picture of Eyes High and Shale as cubs on my site?

MultiMEDEA

Leetah as a mixmaster...I can dig it (tho I miss her green eyes). And the Punk'd look works for Cutter, too. Grin I can see the whole tribe doing a Nelly-style video. Or maybe they'd be too hardcore for that and would go Crunk. Nah, that would be the Go-backs. :mrgreen:

micinjensue

Quote:
scarlettdoll

Ah! *gets off knees; rain stops* She's so pretty!! They are all good. I love the quality of Leetah's hair in Leetah 1.

And the pic of Azar looks like something right up LordDarkhan's alley.
Nice!

Azar is Darkhan's...I drew him for Darkhan last year.

micinjensue

Quote:
pine

Man, lately when I get home from work, I'm just too tired to work on any major art pieces, but I've still been sketching. I'll post some of those sketches in here. I'm hoping other people will use this as a place to post doodles, sketches and stuff. No stress, just express yourself

I found my picture...it's way sketchy in comparison to Pine's but here goes. (Mossgreen is and isn't working)

it's a mess: sorry :oops:

LivietheLurker

Your 'streetelf' Cutter and Leetah are so cool, Pine! More!

wildfire

Wow M, that´s sure a lot of hair! Surprised But very nice! I like it!

micinjensue

Quote:
wildfire

Wow M, that´s sure a lot of hair! Surprised But very nice! I like it!

Thanks...I draw big hair, just look at my avatar for instance :D

pine

Thanks for your comments, guys
Now that I'm started drawing 'streetelves', it may not be easy to stop...

Mic:your sketch is cool, I see the similarity. I think we were both trying to capture that sense of inner strength, or presence that Nightfall seems to have
but of course you don't have to apologize for messiness, this is the sketch thread

lunarnight

hi im new and im the newest obbssed elf quest fan can you all visit my new poll called beauty. :) :D

pine

MultiMEDEA

In an effort to participate in this thread (or, clean out my hard drive :D )...

Guess who's been raiding Dad's closet? I really need to finish this one.

The first time I actually tried to draw EQ. (Note the ancient date. :oops: )

Goofing off I did last Easter. Caption: "Cutter, that's not what I mean by taking the cubs on an egg hunt!"

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
pine

Clearbrook and One-Eye! I freakin' love this pic. Can I commission a full rendering, pine?

pine

Thanks for posting in here, Multi
Did you say 'last easter'?
You mean we're looking at only one year's progress??
Even so, I really like that easter pic

**edit**I'm glad you like it :) PM me if you want

scarlettdoll

Mic-that's funny! You obviously did a great job cuz Darkhan was the 1st thing (guy) to pop into my head when I saw that picture. Grin

Multi-whoa. You're really really good. Those are great! And love the sense of humor in there too. :D

Pine-ok, that one is fantastic! I'm not really that huge a One-Eye/Clearbrook fan but they look fascinating in that pic (sorry to all the Clearbrooks fans, I just find her a little 'too' peaceful. 8) ) That's awesome! Cept now i'm afraid you're gonna have to do all the elves. :D

micinjensue

Multi I loved your Easter Pik...it was so cute!

Thanks Pine, (and everyone else for your nice comments), Love your Clearbrook and One-Eye pick, they are like one of my favorite couples, I have lots of scribbles involving one or both of them that never made it to the INK stage but that I couldn't bear to throwaway. Pine, in regards to my comparison picture...yeah, I guess it does show strength...me, now I always thought that it looked kind of like she was about to seriously kill someone...and I mean seriously, she looks somewhat pissed. Surprised

dartfan

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

Clearbrook and One-Eye! I freakin' love this pic. Can I commission a full rendering, pine?

I'm so very much with MM on this...

And I'm biting my tongue from asking for your "street" version of Dart :P

MultiMEDEA

Thanks, everybody! On that Easter pic, I always though Leetah kinda turned out looking like Peg Bundy. Which got me started on this whole "Recognized With Cubs" spoof. Ember as Kelly? Suntop as Bud?! Nightrunner as Buck?!? I gotta post that one of these days. :)

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
dartfan

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

I'm so very much with MM on this...

And I'm biting my tongue from asking for your "street" version of Dart :P

Wasn't his Jerry Springer poor elf trash look enough for you, dartfan? Wink

dartfan

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

Wasn't his Jerry Springer poor elf trash look enough for you, dartfan? Wink

That wasn't his... that was Amarin's... whole other person (and gender, as far as I'm aware :P )

krwordgazer

Finally got to this thread, and I love everyone's sketches! Thanks so much for sharing them, and please bring on more!

Micinjensue, I think you're terrific at costuming! I love Clearbrook's with the fringes.

Pine, the Easter cartoon sketch was soo cute! Now do a Christmas one, please?

Multi-- wow! I love the Suntop and Ember sketch!

Hope I haven't missed anyone. They're all great!

dartfan

Quote:
krwordgazer

Pine, the Easter cartoon sketch was soo cute! Now do a Christmas one, please?

Multi-- wow! I love the Suntop and Ember sketch!

Hope I haven't missed anyone. They're all great!

Missed, no... mixed up, yes....

The easter sketch is Multi's...

krwordgazer

Oh, thanks, Dartfan.

Pine, I was also impressed with your "street" sketches, and your Nightfall. Sorry about the mix-up!

pine

That's cool :)
Thanks for comin in here

lostshard

Quote:
pine

I so F*ckin love this one, it is sooooo cool dude...... i'll say it again you got def. your own styl and me likes it verrrry mucho

Three-Edge

Pine, your work is just.....

Has anyone seen Shrek 2?
Ember looks like this cat, doesn't she`?

PCoquelin

Quote:
pine

Pine, this one is wonderful and reminds me of Poulbot.
You'll get my point with these two examples :

Don't you think there's something resembling ?
Shade and sweet water !
Merry Christmas !

scarlettdoll

so where's some more???

pine

I've never heard of Poulbot, but I like the art. I'm really into that style

[quote:17002da939]so where's some more???[/quote:17002da939]

Yeah, I hope to have some more soon. Maybe someone else will post something too?

LivietheLurker

Dead cool, Pine. :D

MultiMEDEA

Been kinda lazy over the holidays and not keeping up with any sketching. This is one I did b/c Dartfan was interested in seeing Winnie as Captain Hook. Maybe I should do Scouter as Peter Pan, Dewshine as Tinkerbelle, Tyleet as Wendy? :D

krwordgazer

I love it Medea! Please do some more Peter Pan sketches.

And I like your avatar. You had the toy Cutter sword made into a necklace?

MultiMEDEA

Thanks, Growler-mom-Preserver-thing! Working on the Neverholt bunch now. I actually made that necklace out of Sculpey clay and then painted it. If anyone's interested in having a copy for their own, PM me.

NightAngel

Oh my f*cking God!!

Pine, Clearbrook is so hot!! I want her!!
I almost fell in love with a comic figure, and Clearbrook was the lucky one :)
OOOEEEH..this one with One-Eye is amazing!!
Like it!!
It's like a RPG on Playstation or whatever =)

Give me (us) more!! =)

MultiMEDEA

krwordgazer

Medea, your Dewshine-Tinkerbell is utterly charming and completely marvelous! Can't wait for the rest of your sketches!

You made that necklace yourself? Surprised I'm green with envy. Nice work! :D

P.S. I showed your sketches to my kids, and they love them, too. They want to know who you would cast as Michael and John.

MultiMEDEA

Hmm, for John maybe Suntop or Windkin. They're both such serious young elf lads. For Michael my favorite elf baby Wing. Patience for Nana. Of course all of the Wolfriders for the Lost Boys (especially Skot, Pike, & Skywise :D ). For Mr. Smee, Two-Edge. And maybe Venka or ShenShen for Princess Tiger Lily.

This is fun! I'm in the middle of Scouter's pic now; maybe when I'm finished with the sketches I'll do a big color picture with everyone. :D

MultiMEDEA

pine

I'm glad this thread got bumped back up to the top

I love those Peter Pan drawings :D 2Edge as Smee -I was thinking the same thing, even before you said it, M.M. -Keep it up!

stardreamer

Wow.. MultiM.. great work.
I just love that Tinkerbell :D
and Scouter is looking cool to.

Looking forward to see more.. :)

Arthis

Scouter almost looks like a good guy Wink

And I love Tinkershine :D prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety prety

MultiMEDEA

Scouter is a good guy! Unhappy

Thanks, everyone! More to come later today.

dartfan

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

Patience for Nana. Of course all of the Wolfriders for the Lost Boys (especially Skot, Pike, & Skywise :D ). For Mr. Smee, Two-Edge. And maybe Venka or ShenShen for Princess Tiger Lily.

I have to admit, I've been heavily biased by the new live action version of things... Love the look/costume of Peter in that over the old "tunic and tights" combo... makes much more sense.

I've also always been biased towards Dart as Peter... and the Jackwolf Riders and the Lost boys :D

Of course, added to the fact that I hate Scouter :P

No matter whether you have Scouter or Dart as Peter though, Tyleet as Wendy... :D

Definately Venka as Tiger Lilly.... and I've said it before and I'll say it again.... Winnowill as Hook.... her in the outfit any of the Hook's wear, from the Disney version, through Dustin Hoffman in Hook to Jason Isaacs in the new one.... plus it works in with having Two Edge as Smee.

dartfan

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

Been kinda lazy over the holidays and not keeping up with any sketching. This is one I did b/c Dartfan was interested in seeing Winnie as Captain Hook. Maybe I should do Scouter as Peter Pan, Dewshine as Tinkerbelle, Tyleet as Wendy? :D

:roll:

I should learn to read ALL the bits of a thread I missed before commenting.... scary though that our minds were in sync on the Wendy thing already :D

Now if I could just talk you into Dart instead of Scouter...

Scarily enough, the more I think about this, the more it almost becomes like the plot for Siege at Blue Mountain (although technically it would then make Tyldak into Smee)....

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
dartfan

Now if I could just talk you into Dart instead of Scouter...

Actually, I think Dart has more of a Peter personality now than Scouter. But I wanted to keep the sketch series 'all in the family', so to speak. Which means I'm going to change Michael to Pool and add One-Eye & Clearbrook as Mr. & Mrs. Darling.

But I'd be happy to do a Peter/Dart & the Lost Boys/JWR sketch for you. I owe you something for the DAaG site.

[quote:1b79e911ba]Scarily enough, the more I think about this, the more it almost becomes like the plot for Siege at Blue Mountain (although technically it would then make Tyldak into Smee)....[/quote:1b79e911ba]

That would probably make for a good discussion: how themes are similar in fantasy works. Cause once you get the idea of Winnie as Hook, all the other characters seem to naturally fall in place. :D

dartfan

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

Actually, I think Dart has more of a Peter personality now than Scouter.

*nods enthusiastically*

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

But I wanted to keep the sketch series 'all in the family', so to speak. Which means I'm going to change Michael to Pool and add One-Eye & Clearbrook as Mr. & Mrs. Darling.

Which, if you were following the general rule that most of the productions have used that Mr Darling also plays Hook.... would make One-Eye into Hook.... well, he does have the patch for it! ;)

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

But I'd be happy to do a Peter/Dart & the Lost Boys/JWR sketch for you. I owe you something for the DAaG site.

*does the Happy Dance of Joy ala Snoopy*

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

That would probably make for a good discussion: how themes are similar in fantasy works. Cause once you get the idea of Winnie as Hook, all the other characters seem to naturally fall in place. :D

Maybe you need to start a new thread :D

Of course, now I have a whole heap of thoughts and ideas about who is who in the EQ Does Pan universe... :P

MultiMEDEA

Scouter_

Here's a wolf...how is it? ....finally got around to scanning another drawing.

Three-Edge

@ Scouter
Eyes, Nose and Fur are good,
but the mouth (?) makes the wolf look like a clown.

Sorry, but this is what I think.

MultiMEDEA

ThanKs, Bonita! I'll see what I can do. It'll be my first time drawing Newstar; should she have a Prince Phillip, too?

@ Scouter: Very nice work! I agree with Three-Edge that the snout area could use some work. Maybe a little more shading under the lower mouth to define it and adding a few more pencil strokes of fur all around? Right now the mouth looks like its floating unattached to the face. Also, holding down the cover on your scanner while it's scanning will usually eliminate any scanning shadows. :D

LordDarkhan

I am not even a big fan of Peter Pan, but I love your interpretations of the work Multi, great job.

dartfan

Quote:
Bonita

that would be great! Maybe Dart as prince philip? you chose... and the three fairies preservers!

*sigh* The Pini's either need to show us Kimo's father or give Newstar a lovemate REALLY REALLY soon, so everyone can just get over this unhealthy Newstar/Dart fixation....

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
dartfan

Quote:
Bonita

that would be great! Maybe Dart as prince philip? you chose... and the three fairies preservers!

*sigh* The Pini's either need to show us Kimo's father or give Newstar a lovemate REALLY REALLY soon, so everyone can just get over this unhealthy Newstar/Dart fixation....

Would Sunstream as Phillip be an acceptable compromise? :D He's really growing up to be a babe. :twisted: But that might make Christina R. mad at me...

krwordgazer

Wonderful Tyleet and Patience, Medea!

Funny, on the old forum we had a long, long thread in which we talked about themes in fantasy and character types. Cutter as the Questing Hero, Skywise as the Companion, the whole works. Wish we could resurrect that thing!

Scouter, your drawing continues to improve. Nice wolf!

ChristinaRaibert0

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

Quote:
dartfan

Quote:
Bonita

Would Sunstream as Phillip be an acceptable compromise? :D He's really growing up to be a babe. :twisted: But that might make Christina R. mad at me...

Not really! As long as it's a pic of Sunstream, I can't wait to see it :D
And about him and Newstar... well elves share right? Wink I wouldn't mind if Sunstream became furmate to Newstar while he waits for his True Love, Brill. Much like Cutter and Nightfall before he met Leetah. And once Sunstream has hooked up with Brill (and Spine), no-one says they can't remain friends. But she'll have to pick someone else for a long-term lifemate Wink On this matter, I have always thought Newstar and Kroosh belong together... he's so reckless and hot-headed and he'd really need someone calm like Newstar to cool him down. And with him as a lifemate she'd run an adventurous life much Wolfrider-like. Anyhow they're most certainly going to meet each other when Sunstream finds Brill, since Newstar has (permanently?) settled among her birth people now. They'd be a cute couple :P

Livinia

Quote:
dartfan

Quote:
Bonita

But doesn't she sort of already have a lovemate in Skywise? Then again, I'm still rooting for Dart and Newstar to hook up, but that's just me....

scarlettdoll

MM-those are great! Really creative!

Scouter-glad to see your art again!

Pine--so...where's summore?

pine

Hang in there, Scarlet. I'm working on an illustration for Kin's fanfic at the moment...

Well, since this is the sketch thread, I geuss I could show you the rough draft. I'm planning some changes for the final version

pine

Zebula77

Aww-SUMMMM! Surprised

I can really see Bart riding one of those, hehe. Grin

stardreamer

Quote:
pine

wow.. looking good pine.
looking forward to see the endresult.. :)
yeah.. me flying on it :d
Cool..

Arthis

Surprised wow, that's great! :D

I hope I'm a ridder too Wink (hint at Kin)

Zebula77

Arthis, how do you get the text that small?

Elyon

easy just change the numer tiny is size 7 change the number changes the size

stardreamer

Quote:
Zebula77

just place a 4 instead of a 7 in the [size=......] place

Zebula77

Ahh, of course. :roll:

See? I never should have dyed my hair. :roll:

Elyon

@bart hahahhah I was faster :P Heheh I deffinetly anice bond beast. I like it it saves you Wink

@zeb hehehe yeah now you know the consequenses

stardreamer

Quote:
Elyon

@bart hahahhah I was faster :P Heheh I deffinetly anice bond beast. I like it it saves you Wink

@zeb hehehe yeah now you know the consequenses

yeah.. haha.. I saw you where a bit faster.. :roll: well I can handle it..

haha.. so now you like it?? haha.. and in the story your just mad on me :roll: because of trusting my beast :roll: :P

LivietheLurker

I wanna Tag... a Raz... Whatever! I want one!

ChristinaRaibert0

He's one of the new Wavedancers, son of their resident treeshaper... his older (?) brother has Recognized recently and Kroosh is pretty much out-shone by him... but he proved his courage by fighting sharks with the rest of his tribe and later, by leaving on Krill and Longfin's tracks to find Darshek. I don't particularly fancy how Craig Taillefer drew him, but I think he looked cute as drawn by Wendy Stang Frost. He's also seen in the summer special, the one dressed in blue and with long red hair. I'll post pics as soon as I can - my pc got a trojan horse and I (still) haven't got the new computer yet, so I'm not much of an help as of now

scarlettdoll

That is cool Pine! So fierce looking!

krwordgazer

Quote:
stardreamer

Quote:
Zebula77

just place a 4 instead of a 7 in the [size=......] place

Ok, now how do I get it big enough to read again? I'm in the habit of just ignoring those tiny-type things, because I can't read them. :(

Pine, I love your drawing. Wonderful as always!

pine

Quote:
Livie the Lurker

I wanna Tag... a Raz... Whatever! I want one!

Grin Grin

(kr: if you really want to read it, you have to copy it, then paste it in a program such as word where you can resize it. a lot of work, I know).

krwordgazer

Oh! Thanks, Pine. I suppose the point of the small font is so that people can't read it unless they really want to. I'll keep that method in mind.

NEXT PAGE