ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

You know you're crazy about EQ when you ......

Yuki

Okay lets make a list!! It's fun!!
Everyone just add one thing to the list.

I'll begin: You know you're crazy about EQ ...

When you ask your father to print out a pic with all the wolfriders, into a lifesized poster and stick it on your bedroom window so everyone can see.

I did that, it was a black and white, see trough poster (1.5 by 2.5, it only fits on large windows) I love that silly thing!!

Starbolt

...You use words from the ElfQuest glossery in everyday language:

Example:

"Better get your supplies in before the Season of the White Cold!"

...You talk in Perserver-speak:

Example:

"Nasty-bad, glass-type-thing! Let bad-pop-things come up! Beesweets much vexed!"

(Actually, I've written an entire fic in Perserver-Speak. It's a crossover with the Mega Man cartoon, and it's called "Beesweets"...)

CrossBlade

carve it permanatly into your skin.

I have 2 tattoos and plan atleast 3 more.

Zebula77

When you start saying 'puckernuts!' in public. Grin

LordDarkhan

Instead of saying "Oh god" you say "oh high ones"....i notice a lot i insert high ones in place of god Surprised

Brighteyes

When you wonder if your boyfriend is your
lifemate of your lovemate....

It's not normal to three-mate!?

Ooops....

Yuki

I've got another one:
You kow your crazy about ElfQuest...

When you can't get it over you hearth to tape your EQ albums even though they are falling appart. Besides you know where everey page goes so if you drop them or something you can easily puzzle them back to the right order.

:) I do that a lot too...I taped a few... but it only makes the albums look ugly and the tape never holds... *sigh* Wish my albums were a little bit stronger... Don't they have some carved in stone???

PS. With tape I mean adhesive tape.

Blackbird

..Crazy when you actually calls your boyfriend "lovemate & Lifemate" and hope one day he will be soulmate too...

..Have "romantic" dreams about an EQ-character :oops:

Yuki

Very good one blackbird! ;)

When you're colecting at least 1 EQ album in each language so when you meet a fan from another country you can easily discuss different characters and albums with him/her.

Even if it is like this.
Ending of le Depart D'un Ami was very sad wasn't it.. euh.. non jolie.
Le mage was tres sade... Moi ausi... Et toi?

ElfEmber

Quote:
Zebula77

When you start saying 'puckernuts!' in public. Grin

Lol, that would be me!

And when you can't get to sleep so you play several EQ scenes in your mind to drift you off to EQ dreamland................... (it helps me not think about my stress before going to bed!)

krwordgazer

When you help yourself get out of bed in the morning by picturing one of the elves standing by the bedside saying, "Come on! Get up!"

scarlettdoll

Grin I like that Wordgazer!!

leinir

I did use puckernuts in public several times, but it's a few years back.. Though I presume that I'm prone to do so again ;)

Crossblade: That is scary ;) I have two myself, but not ElfQuest. There's a dedicated fan for ya ;)

You know you're crazy about ElfQuest when...
...you list songs from A Wolfrider's Reflections in all the "I'm currently listening to" posts you make on random board around the web

nomad-human

I already say puckernuts all the time as well.

When your refer to your cats as your "Little tiger friends" and wonder if they can cat-send.

Sorry no doggies right now. :(

chocolate!

Quote:
Yuki

I've got another one:
You kow your crazy about ElfQuest...

When you can't get it over you hearth to tape your EQ albums even though they are falling appart. Besides you know where everey page goes so if you drop them or something you can easily puzzle them back to the right order.

:) I do that a lot too...I taped a few... but it only makes the albums look ugly and the tape never holds... *sigh* Wish my albums were a little bit stronger... Don't they have some carved in stone???

PS. With tape I mean adhesive tape.

You know, you can buy new-ones! And then put the others away on a save place! Wink

chocolate!

You know you're crazy about elfquest when..

...you talk about them like normally people and if some-ones got a problem, refer to the doctor as Leetah, or to leader as Cutter..etc.

ghostwolf

You know you are crazy about EQ when you decide to name one or more of you kids by EQ tribe names i.e. Cutter or soul names, and can't understand why people think that you are crazy or bird brain

aroree

You know you are Crazy about EQ when......

you say you want to go back to your holt.

PCoquelin

I know I am crazy about Elfquest, because...
getting back to my av' creating has been really getting more important than me looking for a job.

Brighteyes

And we love you for it Patrice!

Leanan

You have a crush on someone not the moment you see him but the moment he mentions ElfQuest.

You dream not only about the characters but also about reading EQ comics that don't exist or seeing the movie.

Every time you see words like 'ember' in a text you thing of an elf.

You drink Strongbow cider because of the name.

You dream about wolves howling and it is not a nightmare.

Oh, and of course: you visit this forum as often as you can. You prefer being here to real life sometimes.

Jeppe

Quote:
Leanan

Oh, and of course: you visit this forum as often as you can. You prefer being here to real life sometimes.

Who doesn't? Wink

Fourleafclover

Quote:
Jeppe

[quote:d8a8f79131="Leanan"]Oh, and of course: you visit this forum as often as you can. You prefer being here to real life sometimes.

Who doesn't? Wink[/quote:d8a8f79131]

I quite agree! I hang out here waaay too much. :D

Crazy about Elfquest when: You consider yourself a missionary for the Pinis. For anyone who will let me, I shove an EQ graphic novel under their nose. I've got a co-worker hooked, once a week I bring a new book for her to read in the booth. She's almost as far as she can get - she's working her way through the EQ2 series presently.

You know you're crazy about Elfquest when: you daydream about getting Elfquest mangas or graphic novels for all your friends for Christmas. If only I had that kind of money. Surprised

aroree

Quote:
Fourleafclover

I hang out here waaay too much.

Same with me Wink

Firya

Your ankle perhaps? That way you dont have to look at it if you ever grow tired of it

Leanan

nape of your neck, especially if you have long hair?

Jeppe

A scarf, right? To cover it up...

FallFern

Hear things, in normal, every Day, conversations, that remind You of Elf Quest. For example, I was in line, be hind Two Guys, at Wall Mart's, and, I heard One of them call the other Life Mate. I was like, *PERK* Elf Quest!!!

LordDarkhan

Quote:
Thitida-No-Chey

[quote:6932a0a756="Leanan"]nape of your neck, especially if you have long hair?

No, it has to be some place that is very easy to cover up if needed...[/quote:6932a0a756]

How about the small of your back?

twinklebug

Quote:
Starbolt

...You talk in Perserver-speak:

Example:

"Nasty-bad, glass-type-thing! Let bad-pop-things come up! Beesweets much vexed!"

I used to do this all the time! And I inadvertently got my whole family sucked into it too! Here's another one:
You know you're hooked on Elfquest when every Elfquest book is checked out at the library, you can't get your hands on any, and you start actually experiencing withdrawal symptoms. This was me 3 years ago. Every time I walked into the library (my sole source of Elfquest material), my heart would start pounding, I'd start shaking as I walked quickly, intently, purposefully toward the graphic novel section and pounce voraciously on whatever was there. If there was nothing, oh, the feeling of emptiness cannot be described. How's this for OBSESSION: I once stayed up all night long thinking about nothing but Elfquest for eight hours straight. I am not even exaggerating. It was the first time I'd started making up new Elfquest stories, and I just got a bit carried away. A bit, ha,ha!! By dawn I was actually hallucinating! It is actually possible to develop an unhealthy addiction to Elfquest. My alibi to my family was: "I'm not obsessed, I'm just preoccupied!" Folks, if this sounds like you, run to the nearest psychiatric ward NOW!!! Or just try to expand your interests. That's what I did, and it went away after a while.

NightAngel

When you're flirting with ElfQuest forum members;)

Leanan

Wink

NightAngel

:oops:

PCoquelin

Yep, and when seeing a party (see Post Party) gets too far...
  you wonder if you'll have to show some naked pics of yours in turn...

Jeppe

Grin AAAARH!!! RUN AWAAAAY :P Wink

PCoquelin

Now, there'd be a reason for ya to be green, indeed...

Jeppe

... of jealousy!!! Grin

NightAngel

Quote:
PCoquelin

Yep, and when seeing a party (see Post Party) gets too far...
  you wonder if you'll have to show some naked pics of yours in turn...

*hahaaaaaaaaahahaha*

=))

twinklebug

Let's see 'em! I could use a little excitement!

PCoquelin

:D yours first, beauty :!:

Jeppe

PC, i think she's underage :? (she were for liquor, i seem to remember, soooo...)

twinklebug

Yeah. Too bad, though! I don't even have a digital camera. But, as I presume you do, you should make use of it in the funnest way possible! :twisted:

PCoquelin

Won't.
We're not alone here, and some have proved their voyeurism, already, so...
( Well, maybe later, another day, when all kids are in their beds... )

Jeppe

*lying here in my bed. Definitely not at the computer* Wink Grin

twinklebug

*me either. having a tea party with my dollies*

Wow. We sure got off topic, didn't we?

Jeppe

Yes, and now he left! Surprised

Poor us :roll:

twinklebug

Yes, poor, "innocent" little us, left alone with our naughty imaginations...
Anyway! You know you're way too into Elfquest when you can recite several books from memory.

Jeppe

Grin Excactly... You can do that?

twinklebug

Sadly, yes... Or I used to be able to, anyway. Before I had friends and a life.

Jeppe

What's that?

twinklebug

I dunno... they're these annoying things that keep you from napping and playing video games all the time.

Jeppe

Oh, those... Yeah, they're a pain in the ***... I don't know why the higher powers put them here on earth... Grin

twinklebug

Just to torture us, I guess.
Also, you know you're obsessed when you start buying clothes simply because they look like something an elf would wear. (I still catch myself doing this!)

Atra

Yeah.. I do that too.. only I didn't catch it until my whole wardrobe had been effected. Surprised

K.. you know you're crazy about EQ when:
you buy a pair of elf ears and were them in public.
:) don't ask.

twinklebug

Yeah! I did that a couple times with fake skin putty. It looked pretty realistic. I scared a lot of people.

Leanan

When you use elf names as adjectives:

"Isn't she totally Winnowill?"
"She's too Tyleet..."

(both about fictional characters...)

NightAngel

Haha..

I'm way too Tyleet.

Leanan

Angel, you're too Clearbrook to be Tyleet...

And I'm totally Skywise but also trying to be as Kahvi as I can be... :P

NightAngel

Hm..and what about Trinket?
I think I can be a Trinket in the ass sometimes..

;)

Leanan

Grin "Trinket in the ass"... that was a good one... ROTFL...

edit... at my worst, I'm a total Jink...

NightAngel

I don't know Jink, so I can't tell what it means if someone calls you a Jink..

;p

Leanan

I call myself Jink... when I'm angry at myself...

she's like, Skywise gone bad... will have sex with almost anyone... thinks the best way to deal with bad things is to forget them... plus if she notices you she thinks she is doing you a favour since she thinks she is the bravest and prettiest and everything-good-est there is...

No, I really don't like Jink...

NightAngel

Hm..I know some people who are like Jink.
Who uses sex as booze. To forget their problems.
I don't really think that's really bad..
If it helps Jink..well, it's her choice I guess.

But I'm sure I'll never feel Jinkish.
;p
I'm too innocent you know.
More then Chocolate! and Stardreamer hahaaa..
:twisted:

Leanan

Innocent? You? Yeah right... Wink

...actually, Jink uses magic to forget and sex just for fun...

NightAngel

That's very handy.
Using magic to forget.
But I won't forget.
Even when things are so bad...it's good to memorize.
Now and then.

That's not very Stronbow huh?

Leanan

No. Strongbow wouldn't say Now and then. He'd say 'Now and Now'...

I forget things by accident sometimes. Like I told you, I forgot not only the name of guy-who-never-called-me-back, but his very existence... but it didn't last, when Tam mentioned his name I was like 'Who?' then it all came back...

LOL that's another sign I'm crazy about EQ - i know my best friend is my soul sister, so I refer to her as 'Tam'...

Nakadah

A sign I'm crazy about Elfquest.. When I went to camp recently, a girl said that she once had a lot of the original Elfquest comic books, and I almost fainted when she said she'd thrown them all away!! Surprised

~Emma

Leanan

I felt a bit faint when I read that, Nakadah! Surprised

Nakadah

I know! Lucky I didn't actually faint though, or else I might have cracked my head open on the concrete floor of the cabin. I was sitting on the top bunk of a bed too, so that would only make matters worse.. But I didn't even say anything to her, I just sat there with a dumbstruck look on my face. She just continued with, "Isn't there a sex scene in one of them?" To which I responded, "Oh, yeah there's one in almost every book!"

~Emma

NightAngel

See?
That's why the forum people are so sex obsessed.
Blame ElfQuest..;p

Leanan

Was she offended by that? poor Shuna-girl... Was it a christian camp?

Nakadah

Naw, she wasn't offended at all.. Though it was a christian camp... At least I don't think she was..She responded with a little nod, an approving smile, and "Cute" She then walked out of the cabin. Weird huh?

Quote:
NightAngel

See?
That's why the forum people are so sex obsessed.
Blame ElfQuest..;p

Indeed!

~Emma

Leanan

In my case, it's allll Skywise's fault...

@Emma: really weird... I wonder why she threw them away...

Nakadah

Dunno, I guess she got tired of them. She was going into ninth grade, and said she had read them when she was in fifth grade. So Maybe she was just tired of them by then. I dunno though... It's still kinda weird..

~Emma

NightAngel

Maybe she felt too old for it..*haha*

Ah I have the same with other stuff where people freak out about: P

Leanan

poor girl...

"Cute"... She should have a talk with Bearclaw!

Nakadah

Grin

callidora

You know you're too obsessed when you make a soundtrack of songs that remind you of the characters...>.>;;

As for being shocked by stuff...some of my friends are shocked when they browse through my comic collection and find Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and it's blood-and-gore-filled glory...

As for being sex-obsessed...I blame my mom...she bought me hentai...I love my mommy!

Leanan

ooo hentai mommy rocks!

as for the soundtrack - there's a topic about that somewhere on the forum... "your personal EQ soundtrack", it was called, I think...

Nakadah

Another reason why I'm EQ-crazy, is when I'm shocked or surprised, I yell "Oh High ones!" I've gotten some strange looks from people in the past, and I just say, "Um.. Elfquest reference.. You wouldn't understand.." And walk away quickly... Very quickly..

~Emma

callidora

Quote:
Leanan

ooo hentai mommy rocks!

Yes...my hentai mommy rocks! She saw them in a shop one day and knew I liked manga, so she bought them for me. Mommy even knitted a penis pillow...>.>;; Yes...it's true...my Mommy as a penis pillow...Here's a pic:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17793060/

Deviations are cool!

Leanan

It says 'censored'... can i see it if I log on at deviant, or have they deleted the pic?

callidora

I think you might have to log in. I know I can see it when I click the link. It's rated as mature content...so it might be hidden to people who aren't in Deviantart or who have their browsers set to 'hide mature content'...Log in and try again...

Edit: does anybody know how to add pictures to posts? If I could do that, I could just post the pic here...

Leanan

easy. sign up at www.photobucket.com, upload the images there, copy the IMG code the site gives you, add it to your post.

Ummm mature content? I wonder if it's suitable here this forum is PG-13...

Yeah right. It's a pillow. We've seen worse. :P

callidora

Ah, okay! Here's the pic now:

Enjoy!

Leanan

LOL! Such a cool pillow... I love the detail of the thread at the tip... I wonder if that was what made them classify it mature content? or did you use penis as keyword? :P silly deviantart

edit. i just re-read the deviant page I see you classified it... ROTFL @ title "mom and her penis" Grin Grin Grin

callidora

Mom got a challenge from one of her chat friends to make a penis pillow, so Mom knitted one. Yes, it is rather detailed, from the semen poking out the end to the hair around the base. She's talented, my mommy! ^_^ Dad's got a pair of breasts someone made for him...but we couldn't find them to take a pic...

Leanan

"mom has a penis but we can't find dad's breasts" :twisted:

callidora

Quote:
Leanan

"mom has a penis but we can't find dad's breasts" :twisted:

That just sounded wrong, didn't it? Too bad it's true ^_^

Leanan

Grin sorry I have a weird sense of humour...

NightAngel

Quote:
Nakadah

Another reason why I'm EQ-crazy, is when I'm shocked or surprised, I yell "Oh High ones!" I've gotten some strange looks from people in the past, and I just say, "Um.. Elfquest reference.. You wouldn't understand.." And walk away quickly... Very quickly..

~Emma

*HAHA*
I can imagine: )

Quote:
callidora

Ah, okay! Here's the pic now:

Enjoy!

Surprised
:roll:

Nakadah

Quote:
NightAngel

[quote:f074edf62a="Nakadah"]Another reason why I'm EQ-crazy, is when I'm shocked or surprised, I yell "Oh High ones!" I've gotten some strange looks from people in the past, and I just say, "Um.. Elfquest reference.. You wouldn't understand.." And walk away quickly... Very quickly..

~Emma

*HAHA*
I can imagine: )[/quote:f074edf62a]

Yeah..Though it gets kind of annoying when people make me explain to them what Elfquest is, if they can catch me before I turn the corner and RUN AWAAAAAYY!!! I usually just say that it's a comic book series, drawn mostly by one of the best artists I've ever seen!

~Emma

callidora

Yes, Angel, that is my sex-crazy mom holding her penis...I so gotta get a pic of Dad and his boobs...>.>;;

callidora

And...because I suck:

I had to take a digital pic since my scanner has gone haywire and refuses to scan anything until I make a sacrifice of Cheetos and A&W Root Beer to it u.u;;

Supposed to be Kohaku, my little elf girl, and I played with the lighting to make it look like she's in a cave. Robes ripped right off the body of the real Kohaku from Wish.

God...I wish I didn't suck u.u;;

NightAngel

Quote:
callidora

Yes, Angel, that is my sex-crazy mom holding her penis...I so gotta get a pic of Dad and his boobs...>.>;;

Haha..."holding her penis..

Hm, I'm not a penis fan..that explains my reaction..but it's funny though:)

Nakadah

What are you talkin' about Callidora? That picture is great! It's better than my stuff at least.. *gets out a gun* BANG!! There you go, now that your scanner has a big hole in it, you can get a new one! yay!

~Emma

Fourleafclover

ROTFL! Grin I just caught all the pillow stuff!

callidora

Welcome to the pillow-talk, Clover ^_^

cactus

Grin "mom and the penis" Grin Grin

GoldKnight

( Sorry, double post. See next post. )

NEXT PAGE