ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

EQ items on eBay - how it works

RichardPini

Just letting everyone know that once a title that we've published gets down to just a very few copies, it goes out of print as far as the Wolfrider Shop is concerned. In order to give everyone a fair shot after that, I'll put the remaining copies, one at a time, up for auction or "buy it now" on eBay.

If you click on the image or the link connected to each "sold out" item in the Wolfrider Shop, you'll be taken to the list of whatever's available on eBay at that moment.

Keep in mind that I will be auctioning some unique items on eBay as well, that you're not even aware of, that will never appear in the Wolfrider Shop, so keep checking back. In 25+ years, we've accumulated a lot of oddball stuff!

krwordgazer

Hmm, interesting, Richard. I'll have to keep an eye on E-bay! :D

Anke

Items offered are listed here...

joyleaf1

Surprised Surprised Surprised wow, those books....wow....
well Richard I wanted to thank You for makeing this new way to buy elfquest from u so easy. and Your prices are quite nice, thanks to u I can add some much wanted things to my collection now.
sincerly thankx for keeping it cheep and makeing it easy.

RichardPini

Quote:
joyleaf

Surprised Surprised Surprised wow, those books....wow....
well Richard I wanted to thank You for makeing this new way to buy elfquest from u so easy. and Your prices are quite nice, thanks to u I can add some much wanted things to my collection now.

Cheap and easy. Story of my life. (Or so I've been told...)
:roll:

joyleaf1

Quote:
RichardPini

[quote:18eeacd877="joyleaf"]Surprised Surprised Surprised wow, those books....wow....

Cheap and easy. Story of my life. (Or so I've been told...)
:roll:[/quote:18eeacd877]

oh silly, snickers at richard....hehehe, I ment that in a good way!but you know that!!

RichardPini

A question has arisen: Where do you find the books and other items that you put up for auction on eBay? There is also, I suspect, an unasked related question: And why can't I find them as well, other than at auction?

The answer is pretty simple. Warp has a warehouse that we rent. Into that warehouse over the years have gone cartons and cartons of copies of the various projects we've been responsible for. As time permits, I try to clean the place up, open long-hidden boxes of stuff (some of them packed by other Warp employees years ago, stored away and forgotten), and organize. Today I might uncover some copies of "Wild Hunt" that were put aside for an order that was never paid for, so never got sent. Tomorrow I might discover some sample t-shirts that were going to be used as distribution giveaways, but got shuffled away when the trade show didn't happen. Over the years, we've sent complimentary copies of various books to the artists and writers who've worked on them; over the years, as those artists and writers have moved, they've asked if we want the books back. I always say yes. The stories are near-endless.

So that's where the offerings come from. If it seems like we have some magical, near-endless supply of this or that... don't get caught. We're plumb out of some things. For example, "Rogue's Curse" is gone - for the time, at least - and I have no leads to any more copies. If you're looking, and if we're offering, the choice is always yours - strike or wait - but be aware of the reality.

Selena

Richard Pini wrote[quote:371f578c44]A question has arisen: Where do you find the books and other items that you put up for auction on eBay? There is also, I suspect, an unasked related question: And why can't I find them as well, other than at auction?

The answer is pretty simple. Warp has a warehouse that we rent. Into that warehouse over the years have gone cartons and cartons of copies of the various projects we've been responsible for. As time permits, I try to clean the place up, open long-hidden boxes of stuff (some of them packed by other Warp employees years ago, stored away and forgotten), and organize. Today I might uncover some copies of "Wild Hunt" that were put aside for an order that was never paid for, so never got sent. Tomorrow I might discover some sample t-shirts that were going to be used as distribution giveaways, but got shuffled away when the trade show didn't happen. Over the years, we've sent complimentary copies of various books to the artists and writers who've worked on them; over the years, as those artists and writers have moved, they've asked if we want the books back. I always say yes. The stories are near-endless. [/quote:371f578c44]

Now a new question has arisen: Where is that warehouse precisely? Wink

Fourleafclover

Haha! Grin Why? Is someone planning a ninja mission?

joyleaf1

Surprised Surprised hahahahaha good one there....wouldnt be me. Surprised

RichardPini

Quote:
Selena

Now a new question has arisen: Where is that warehouse precisely? Wink

Everything's negotiable... including answers to new questions. Grin

krwordgazer

Heh, heh. He's not that cheap or easy! Grin

joyleaf1

Quote:
krwordgazer

Heh, heh. He's not that cheap or easy! Grin

not anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!lol :roll:

RichardPini

Got some new designs in the CafePress Shop, in case folks have not checked in a little while. And some more on the way. Including a new Ra... Ah, you'll see. Wink

krwordgazer

Oh. . . my. . . word. Surprised

I want one of those Strongbow shirts. Want. One.

Trollbabe

Think you can hide your little warehouse from us Trolls, eh? :twisted:
(Keep digging, Tickhound! Did I TELL you to stop?)

Seriously, this inquiry is not exclusively about EQ, and I wasn't sure where to post it, but does anyone have any good advice about selecting an auction site? eBay is the great big everything auction site, but there seems to be an overwhelming number of online auction sites.