ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

A new Fan fic Game

MichaelChandler

I was at EQFanArt.com and i saw a post where the people their were making a story, starting with one paragraph of the story and continuing the story with the next person's post.

Okay, here's how it goes:
1. I'll post a paragraph of a story about my character
2. You continue the story by creating your own character(s) to be in the story, or just continue the story with a character(s) already in th story
3. At the end of your paragraph (like mine) you should give a description of the character(s) you created (if you created a character).

Rules:
1. You can't steal the name of a character already created, elf, animal, human, or troll. (I said 'character', not 'elf')
2. You can't vice versa anyone's name (ex. Deepshadow-Shadowdeep) (both of those name are usable, but don't use both, only one)
3. If you are going to post a picture (which i highly reccomend since my scanner's in the shop and I don't know how to draw on the computer), have only one picture with you post.
4. You cannot post two or more times in a row.
5. Your elf can be of any blood, with a maximum of three abilities (with a healer, flesh shaping is counted.) You can also choose to have just a regular elf.
6. If your elf is going to be from a different tribe, you are allowed to give them a power that is already possesed by an elf from a tribe that is not your own.

Hope you guys can make this fun.

Please post :P

Aleo Firestar

MichaelChandler

Firestar runs through the woods, using his keen senses to stay quiet. Jumping from tree to tree, he makes his way to the edge of the forest. As he reaches the edge of the forest, he falls to the ground, and then screams in pain. He looks at his shoulder and saw a long, finely made arrow, stuck in his shoulderblade. Then he hears, with his strong, capable ears, a small, but fierce pair of feet speeding towards him. He sees his tunic, now covered with blood. He then sees the shadow of his predator, but before he saw the being, he fainted.

Firestar: A male wolf blood elf. He has orange hair and golden eyes. He is headstrong, stubborn, but also protective and nurturing. He is a firestarter and a black sender. :flame1:

JadeOwl

Nimble raced up to the elf she had shot and retrieved her arrow, careful not to tear the wound even more when she pulled it out. Hoisting him onto her shoulders, she flitted swiftly back into the shadows.
Soon she reached the meeting-place. Depositing the elf on the ground, she sent **Mother Passion. I have an intruder to my grounds. I request a council and a healer, for he is wounded, maybe dying, by my arrow.**

Nimble: Bear-blooded elf. She is short and slim, with too-long arms and legs. Her hair is spiky and white-blond, and her eyes black. She is an archer and hunter, a loner with ties to Mother Passion.

Am I allowed to explain tribes, too? Since we've never seen bear-bloods before.

MichaelChandler

Sure, I don't care. Glad you posted

"Father... Father!!" Spiketop calls. Padding beside him are Flintchipper, his wolf, and his Firestar's wolf, Shadowflare. "Oh father, where can you be." As he enters the forest's edge, he sees his father's body, his tunic covered in blood. "FATHER" The elfin youth and the wolves run toward firestar's body. As he comes closer to the fallen elf, Spiketop sees Nimble removing the arrow from his father's shoulder. "You murderer!!!" Spiketop screams. He draws his scoppia and grabs a scabbardblade. "Take one more move, she witch, and I will kill you." Nimble stands in silence. With her tribe too far away, her sending would do nothing. And he sensed the power of the young elf boy. If she even made an attempt to send, she'd would be killed with this youthful warrior's strange weapon.

Spiketop: the Son of Firestar and his deceased mother, Lightheart. Like his name denounces, his hair spikes like the back of a porcupine. He is overconfident and strongwilled.
Flintchipper: The young wolf-friend of Spiketop. He is very playful, and wants Spiketop all to himself
Shadowflare: A wolf with a coat of extreme strangeness. It has shades of black that lay flat in a way, like fire. He is the mysterious wolf of Firestar.

A scoppia is a daggar like weapon that has a two way working. You can use it as a dagger or throw scabbardblades, which are just scabbards tha are bladed and made for projecting.

JadeOwl

Slowly Nimble raises her hands away from the body of the elf, moving as carefully as possible so that the young man doesn't react and use his weapon. "I have not killed him." She says, voice cool. "And if I had, what business would it be of yours? He was trespassing on my territory."

As she speaks, a bear steps from the shadows, huge and looming. He stands over Nimble, dwarfing the petite elf. "Leave, child." Nimble's eyes grow hard as obsidian. "I will not harm you, for you have not crossed my border. But this one has. He is mine now."

Spiketop suddenly strikes, throwing a scabbardblade at Nimble's heart and throwing himself after it. "YOURS?!" He shouts. "HE IS MY FATHER! He is a Wolfrider! He is no one's but himself's."

At the last second, Nimble dodges to the side, but the scabbardblade slices thinly on the outside of her arm. Dipping her finger into the blood, she lifts it to her lips. A tongue flickers out, tasting. Her black eyes become even blacker, and she draws her daggers, launching herself into the attack.

The_Wylde_Wynd

Spiritweaver watches the elves far below his high perch in amusment. He watches the bear-elf who can never catch him attack the little spikey-elf. The youth paries her blow and soon the two are playing out a deadly dance. Spiritweaver watches as the bear-elf starts to gain ground on the tireing spikey-elf. Swinging his feet he watches the spikey-elf stumble and fall, and he watches the bear-elf kick his weapon away, her eyes nearly glowing with anticipation. Spiritweaver watches in delight, and laughs.

Spiritweaver: Pure blooded elf. In between Glider and Wolfrider height. He has black hair, pale skin, red eyes, and likes to make face and body paint from berry juice. Enjoys causeing mischeif, especialy for Nimble, even if someone gets hurt from it. Slightly insane, and has no tribe. He doesn't use weapons but is an exelent climber, very woodwise, and a powerful sender.

MichaelChandler

Great idea with Spiritweaver, Aleo WyldeWynd

The insane ranting of Spiritweaver was only heard over the fight by only by Flintchipper and Shadowflare. The wolves then yelp and hit their heads against the tree, attempting to knock the pure-blood elf out of the tree. As soon as Spiritweaver heard the wolves yelping, he jumped out of the oak where he was perched and hopped away from the fight, laughing maniacally. Nimble heard the elf's laughter and it caught her off guard. Before Spiketop could take advantage of the situation, his weapon dropped. He and Nimble put their hands on their skulls, trying to ease the pain of the powerful sending. Spiketop then felt his father send. **Spiketop, have this elfin woman take me to her home. I have spoken with this Mother Passion she speaks of. SHe has made it acceptable for us to go to her village long enough for me to be healed.**. Apparently, Nimble had felt a almost equal to the power of the fallen Wolfrider. Spiketop then lifts his father with his strong, capable arms and speaks to Nimble. "If you try anything, she-witch, you will not be able to see the results of your actions." Nimble only smirks and leads him into the forbidden land that no other Wolfrider has even dared to go into.

AceQuester

While he tightend his bow to shoot his prey, a rabbit, on the ground he heard a scream. So concentrated by the hunt Auradrop was shocked by it and almost fell from the branche where he was standing on. Feeling close, almost one with nature, he quickly balanced back on the branche and tried to figure out what he heared by appealing all his sense-organs. Without even looking he knew he lost his prey, who looked for shelter in the bushes when he heard the scream, and jumped from branch to branch, from tree to tree, in the direction from where the noise came from.
In his neck he felt the tiny claws of Branchwind, a tiny creature with big eyes, lightblue wings and a funny way of speaking. It is a presever, a seksless creature who makes 'wrapstuff', a sort of cocoonthread out of his mouth which keeps living things asleep when it's fully wrapped. 'Shy wetstuffmaking-highthing hear angrytalk too?' 'Yes,' says Auradrop 'so we must be quite and make sure no-one sees us. Stay close to me and don't let them see you.'

When he arrived near the place where Firestar was hit he sees another figure, on a higher place then the three elves on the ground with wolves and a bear nearby. Auradrop quitely goes higher, jumping and climbing in the trees and rocks, as close as he dares without betraying himself to that figure. He can see the struggle on the ground and hears the elf near him laughing, something Auradrop don't trust and understand because harming another elf is not something he enjoys. For now he decides to stay hidden and follows the group to learn more about them before he makes a move.

Auradrop: is a male elf who has the ability to manipulate water and has the ability to 'cloak' himself. Not that he can be invisible but f.e. if he is among a pack of wolves they see him as one of them or if he hides in the bushes he takes over the sent of the leaves and flowers to hide himself if necessry. Those abilities mad that he has a close bond with all the animals and is closer to nature then fellow elves (or humans/trolls). Has difficult trusting others but when he does he gives his life for his friend/lovemate. He has blond hair like wheat, bluegreen eyes and wears tans and hides.

Branchwind: a preserver like every other who is brown with lightblue wings. Came across Auradrop during one of his hunts and is one of the few who can see him while he is 'cloaked'. It's love and innocent humor is one of the few things that puts a smile on Auradrops face.

AceQuester

Hey Michael,

i was typing at the same time as you probably but now it read everything all over again i think (hope you agree) my part still can be in it... Nice introduction now and he can popup later again :D Especially it's not known if he follows Firestars group or Spiritweaver ;)

JadeOwl

Nimble lead them deeper into the forest, following the bear-signs to the new meeting place. Spiketop followed, looking around, curious in spite of himself. It didn't look much different than the wolfrider's forest home, but there was a different feeling about it. The shadows, so familiar and comforting at home, became sinister, evoking claws and fangs until they revealed themselves as sticks and stones. It was not enough to scare the courageous youth, but it made him aware.

Spiritweaver flit from tree to tree behind them, chuckling to himself, making no secret of his presence. Nimble could not catch him and she knew it. A couple times she caught sight of him out of the corner of her eye and snarled, but did nothing about it. He grinned in glee. Good. She knew what was good for her.

When they reached the meeting place, Nimble immediately stopped. Silently she sent to her bear-friend, and when he appeared she swung up onto his back and urged him forward.

On the stump of a huge, dead tree sat Mother Passion on her bear, her hair fallling in red waves around her. She wore no clothing but her fur, which covered much of her body. She and her bear seemed one unit.

Note about the Bearfolk: They are not nearly as nice as the Wolfriders. They are all loners, with Mother Passion as the one who settles disputes. There are a few laws which goivern them all, but mostly they have laws within their territory. For them, Nimble is kind to have brought Firestar here at all, instead of killing him. If she had killed him, she would have eaten him or fed him to her bear. The Bearfolk do not waste meat.

MichaelChandler

"Come closer, Wolfrider," beckoned Mother Passion. Her aged but still youthful body was perfectly shaped, and her eyes mesmerized Spiketop, forcing him to come closer to the elfin woman. "So, from what your father has told me, my granddaughter, Nimble, hit him with an arrow, and because he is so far from his tribe, he would like for our healer to help him replenish his strength." Spike top nods his head, too mesmirized to speak. "Well, I see not the harm of this. You may come to our village, but only until your father is well." These words come shock Nimble. "But... Mother Passion. We know not these strangers. What if their intentions are ill?" Mother Passion turns to her grandchild. "If their intentions are not for the best, I believe you will have no problem with handling them." These words bring relief to Nimble as she moves behind the aged elf towards the hop of the Bear Folk.

The_Wylde_Wynd

**Sundown.**

The young maiden's head shoots up, **Yes Mother Passion?**

**There is a wounded elf who needs you aid. Be ready**

The healer nods, even though she knows Mother Passion cannot see her, and reluctantly pulls herself away from the hotspring she is bathing in. "Come on Boulder, time to go home." The grey bear slowly picks himself up from where he was dozing and follows her. As the two lope towards Sundown's cave the healer finds herself pondering Mother Passion's message, 'A wounded elf, who could it be? When was the laast time one of our people was hurt badly enough to need a healer? Maybe Spiritweaver decieded to have a bit more fun than usual. Still... who could it be?' Unbidden an image of broad shoulders, tussled brown hair, and eyes like a deep lake rushes into Sundown's mind. The healer shakes her head, 'Don't do that.' She tells her mind, 'You should know better.' She picks up the pace in an attempt to outrun the sudden memory, 'There's no point. He's gone.' Boulder is the only witness as a tear slips down her cheek.

Sundown: Young healer and a very distant reletive of Nimble. She has amber eyes, pale skin, and her hair is a blending of dark red and dark gold which she wears down with feathers braided into it. She usualy goes bare-foot, wears an arm-band with feathers on her left arm and a neckless made of amber and jet stones the origen of which no-one knows, however it is very important to her. She is usualy soft spoken and calm but can be violent when suficiantly angered. When she was several eights old she wondered out of the forest on her own and was gone for a full eight, she refuses to talk about what happened but hasn't taken a love-mate since. Bonded to Boulder. Soul name: Kahi.

Boulder: Sundown's bond-bear, midle-aged bear, solid grey with black eyes. As he's getting into his old age he generaly avoids confrontation but is very protective of Sundown.

AceQuester

Looking between the bushes to the tall aged elf, Auradrop almost didn't believe what he saw. He had seen several elftribes, even if it was from a distance, bonded with different animals but he never had seen a tribe bonded with bears. Such big heavy, brutal animals with such a gracefull creature on it's back. He had too blink twice before he knew it wasn't a dream.
'You helphelp wounded highting?' asked Branchwind. 'No maybe it's not my place to interfair. It's clear it's a territorialbattle and even you tiny winged creatures are protective when it becomes to your webstuffcocoons. And i picked up the open sending for a healers add so maybe they aren't so bad. Let's go before the bears figures us out because i find it hard to hide myzelf before them. Smaller animals are easier to fool. Let's g...' Before Auradrop can end his sentence he hears tiny feet running, follow by heavy claw steps. Then he sees a beautiful elvenmaiden coming up to the middle place, followed by an old bear. The old bear is sniffing towards his direction but then turns his head and walks behind the maiden. Dazzeled by her beauty he doesn't see that Mother Passion is friendly smiling at his direction but she makes sure knowbody sees it.
'S-s-hy highting?' stuttered Branchwind behind Auradrop.
'Sssh, Branchwind'
'B-b-ut..'
'What is it bug?' Auradrops ask without looking at Branchwind.
'You shieldmacig for big growlers now?'
'Yes.'
'No hideshield for growler?'
'Eh..no why?' he asks as he turns his head around and stairs at a pair of shining teeth with yellow eyes sparkling above it.

JadeOwl

Nimble narrowed her eyes as Sundown entered the clearing. "Sundown." She acknowledged. She hated magic and those who used it, veiwing it as a way to cheat on the path of life. Survival by wits and strength alone was her way.

"Nimble." Sundown replied, with none of her relative's malice. Quickly she bowed to Mother Passion and hurried to Firestar's side. "He's bled too much..." She said softly, catching her lower lip in her teeth. "Did you do this?" She looked at Nimble, amber eyes sharp. Nimble merely nodded.

Auradrop scrambled backwards from those snarling teeth, hardly noticing that in doing so he had pushed himself into the clearing. Branchwind flittered about the wolf, 'spoot'ing warpstuff whenever she could. The wolf yowled and backed off a bit, then came in for another attack. He was obviously a bond beast of one of the elves in the clearing, Auradrop reasoned through his panic. There was no other reason for such a sudden, random attack.

MichaelChandler

"Will you be able to heal him?" Spiketop asked. "Silence, wolfblood. I need to concentrate." Sundown placed her hands over Firestar. She then fell into a trance-like state and entered the cooridoors of Firestar's subconscience. Unlike other healers, Sundown has the ability to enter a person's mind while she is healing. While in Firestar's mind, she sees a black void of nothingness, emphasizing that his past is unknown. Then she sees the interpretations of the fallen elf's mind. Then, inside Firestar's mind, Sundown finds something unexepect, coming from the mouth of Firestar's subconciense.

The_Wylde_Wynd

Spiketop watched as the newcommer, a healer, settled down next to his father and placed her hands over him before entering into a healing trance. He fingered his scoppia nervously, still not even remotely trusting the warrior maid who had attacked and wounded his father. Suddenly his attention was pulled away from the healing by Flintchipper's angered growl. He spun around and cought sight of an elf being driven from the nearby bushes by his irate wolf. A tiny bug-like creature flew around Flintchipper's head, spewing some sort of web in the wolf's face. It wasn't until his wolf started for the strange elf again that Spiketop was able to shake off his bewilderment. "Flintchipper leave him be! Who are you!" The last part was to the new elf. He looked up at Spiketop, blue-green eyes widdened with fear.

"I-i.. Auradrop! Muh-my name's Auradrop. I-i-uh-"

Whatever he intended to say was cut off, when the healer gave a sudden loud gasp.

-P.s.: I have a question conserning soul names, recognition, and the like. Do we have any rules set up that haven't been mentioned? Do the bear-people even have soul names? Anyone?

MichaelChandler

WyldeWynd's Answer:
With soul names, anything goes! Your elf, pureblooded or not, can have a soulname, but please try to make it original. With the bearfolk, I don't know. They are not my creation, so your gonna have to ask JadeOwl.

"Thos... Thos.....Thos" Sundown heard coming from the mouth of Firestar's subconcience. This name was then enbedded in Sundown's mind. Sundown, unwilling to make any contact with the idea, continued her healing. But, no matter how much she wanted to ignore it, the word kept repeating, becoming more and more prominent. Before she could finish the healing, she had to leave his mind. As she gasped for breath, tired from resisting the Recognition of the fallen wolfrider. "I have failed at the healing, but he has enough strength to recover. He will have to stay here for another 2 days. While we wait, we can try and get some answer from this one called Auradrop" Nimble humphed "As I guessed, you are not strong enough to beat Death itself. That is why the fallen should stay falllen." Sundown ignored Nimble's gesture, but Spiketop did not. He drew the scoppia's dagger and pointed it at Nimble. "You will not speak in such a manner. My father will not die, because I have faith in this healer." Truthfully, Spiketop didn't but he would entrust his life with the gentle Sundown before his life with the vicious Nimble. "Drop your dagger, Wolfrider. She will never understand me, so you can stop trying." After Spiketop then placed the dagger back in the sheath, his father groaned and opened his eyes. As expected, the first thing he saw was the healer, but the brief eye-to-eye contact was then broken by the voice of Spiketop. "FATHER! You are alright." But before he could reply to his son, he collapsed back into his unconciense state.

AceQuester

While Spiketop run off to his father, Nimble took her bow and pointed it at Auradrop. Auradrop who wanted to take advantage from fallen the Wolfrider to go away but there was something in Spiketops eyes that he couldn't shake off.
His hesitation was long enough for Mother Passion to send him that he had to stay. Somehow Auradrop trusted that tall elagant elf but cloaked himself with his magic for the wolf so that it didn't saw him as an intruder. That was enough for the wolf to go and help his elffriend who was hoovering over his father. The wolf run to Spiketop, almost running Nimble down, which made her aware again that there was another elf in their midst. One who has gotten so far into their territorium without being noticed. That made her suspicious but also impressed by his skills, with or without magic. But somehow he didn't seem to notice her. He only had eyes for the healer, or atleast that was what she thought.

MichaelChandler

You guys are reallly good at this game!! Maybe we can get this written into a story! I smell a bestseller (or maybe that's the beans backin up on my baby bro lol)

It has been two days since Firestar and Spiketop have disappeared and the chief of the tribe, Shadowstar, is quite worried. "Mother, is Cousin Spiketop coming back?" Shadowstar's daughter, Littlebit, said. "Don't worry! They will come back sooner or later." As these words reassured Littlebit, the chieftess of the Oakleaf holt was very worried. Her twin brother had not contacted her in days and she was quite worried. **My love, we have found a trace of your brother!! Come quickly** Shadowstar heard the sending her mute lifemate Airwalker. One of the supposive strongest elves in the forest, Airwalker was also as his named denounts; and Airwalker. Shadowstar then ran to her wolf Nightsky and mounted him. **Follow Airwalker's trail!** The wolf followed it's bond elfs command and sniffed out Airwalker.
As the chieftess and her wolf arrive at the sight where Firestar was shot, the stains of blood were still on the blades of grass. **Follow that trail, Nightsky**

Back at the home of the Bear Folk, Firestar has recovered a day earlier than expected. He, Spiketop, Shadowflare, and Flintchipper are all in Sundown's hut. "So were is the one I can thank for this nasty gash"
"Don't worry about it, Father. That she-snake is far away from us. It was ruled by Mother Passion." "So I see that my name has gotten around." Mother Passion enters the room. Her body still concealed only by her bear pelt. "Thank you for helping me, Mother Passion. If not for you, I would be joining the High ones. But where is the healer." "She is in her hut, tending to a fainted snooping elf!" Mother Passion smiled and looked at Firestar. "For such a young cub, you have extraordinary powers. I think that it would be acceptable for you to take apprenticeship under me." Firestar smiled happily. "I would be honored to be taught by... " "AAAAAYYYYOOOOAAAAHH!"

The_Wylde_Wynd

Sundown couldn't stop shivering. She tried to think of anything but what had happened two days ago but always her mind came back to Thos. Thos. She didn't even know his spoken name or anything about him! Why did she have to recognize him?! The healer half fell, half sat down on a rock covering her face with her hands. 'How could this happen?!' She wondered in sorrow, 'Why did this have to happen? Why to him?! Why couldn't...' A blurred figure came to mind, a male elf with tussled brown hair and incredibly blue eyes. Sundown crumbled to the ground, "Barkswallow," she cried softly, "why -" A loud howl split the air, causing the healer to jerk her head up, eyes widened with terror as a she-elf on a large snarling wolf rode towards her, a sword in hand.

MichaelChandler

Sundown screams. A tall, beautiful elfin woman, not much unlike Nimble, riding a deep, black wolf was charging in her direction, as sword at hand thristy for blood. Nimble hears the healer's cry and runs from out of her hut. "I knew that we were tricked!" Nimble then draws her bow and aims at the Wolfriders' chieftess. "Eat flint, bear dung!" Nimble then shoots with flawless aim. Before the arrow could touch his lifemate, Airwalker used his levitating powers to move the arrow away from Shadowstar. "They have another magic user. What a clan of weaklings!" Nimble mocked. This gesture enraged Shadowstar. She turned her course from towards the healer, and set her sites on Nimble. Nimble, unaware of the elfin woman charging towards her, turned her back. Before she realized that Shadowstar was coming towards her, it was too late. "That is how us weaklings dispose of scum like you!" Shadowstar said. But before the blade could sink any deeper into the chieftess' back, she fell to the ground, holding her head in agony. " I am sorry for doing this sister, but it's for your own good!"
Firestar came out of Sundown's hut, one of his arms in a sling and constricted tightly. "These Bear Folk have helped me after the one you tried to kill just now accidently shot me with an arrow" Airwalker came foward to communicate with his friend. **You could have at least contacted us. We were worried that you and your cub were dead** "It was quite complicated to do with Mother Passion around. She had no doubt I wanted to get rid of her tribe of Bear Folk, but she was still a little doubtful of our intentions, so she block all mental communication with all elves outside of the tribe. I will be staying here a while longer to train with the Bear Folk." Shadowstar gasped. "But we need you! What if they return! Who will protect us!" "Exactly what I wanted you to say! Mother Passion has made it so that Blackroot and the plantshaper of their village, Leafbringer, can move the trees to make a path for you to come to the home of the Bear Folk whenever you need my assistance." "I do not appove of it, but I will accept this for only 2 Full cycles of the moon! Then you will return to our holt." Firestar graciously smiles at his twin sister and bids them farewell

MichaelChandler

Okay, This story is going great. But there are some things I've gotta get you guys on

1. With Auradrop and Branchwind, everyone has 4gotten them xept AceQuester. Try to include them more
2. With Spiritweaver, let's bring him back into the story.
3. Try and xplain ur characters
4. Add some other character bsides elves.

Besides that, this story rocks!

AceQuester

(First of all: i like the story :D > Michael: Tnx for not forgetting my character ;) Hope he isn't too dull but it's the first time ever i'm writing so my character needs to grow further. Second: somehow I don't get any notify messages anymore so i don't know that you guys are allready further with the story... :S)

While being kept in a hut, Auradrop tried to figure out how it was possible that the wolf was able to notice him. Okay, he was 'cloaked' for the bears but he was at a great distance from the group and there was no reason for the wolf to come his way.
'Shy wetstuffmaking-highthing?'
'Yes Branchwind, what is it? Did you found a way out?'
'Nooo', said the preserver 'but i could make webstuff on lookthings on mean hightings.'
'No. I don't want them to know that you are here. I t was pure luck that they didn't saw you. Maybe you are my only way out of here. But I have to be more carefull. I still don't understand why that wolf...'
'Haha, are you allready getting the foamingsickness by staying locked inside a hut, so that you are talking to yourself?'
'Spiritweaver!' Auradrop says, half shocked and half trying not to let Spiritweaver knowing that. 'What do you want? I have told you that i'm not one of them. I don't know them. But what i heard about you from your guards and your laughing in the night... I can understand that they aren't your friends. It's my respect for Mother Passion that i'm staying here and don't make any arguments but if it weren't for her...' Auradrop knew it was only partly the truth. He had respect for Mother Passion eventhough she was a mysterious elf. But it was the boy who intrigued him more. Was it recognition? He heard about it but never experienced it. And didn't that only happen between different genders? To make sure the tribe is growing? Was it love? How could that be? He never saw him before. And not that that the boy was a little cub anymore but still Spiketop was younger then he was. Was it magic? He didn't saw him use any magic, so what was it? And why was it his wolf who detected him? So many questions.
'Haha then what?' Spiritweaver laughs, 'Would you have knocked me down? First you have to get m efirst and to get me, you need to see me.'
'But i saw you. Up on that rock.'
'Yes that's true. One of my few mistakes. And my compliments for your huntingskills. But how did you thought you got busted?'
'The wolf of the cub w...'
'Whahaha!' Spiritweaver laughs hard. 'You fool. I saw you. In my forest i know every tree and every whisper. I lured the wolf away from that spicy cub. You where so occupied with him that you didn't noticed his wolf getting away and lured right back to you. Hahaha.' Still laughing Spiritweaver walked away. He had his fun for the day allready, leaving Auradrop behind with one questions awnsered but more unawnsered.

The_Wylde_Wynd

Spiritweaver sat high up in one of his favorite trees, munching on a handfull of berries and watching the humans scrambling below. The elf chuckled softly to himself as the five-fingers rushed around their village, squaking in fear and even running into each other on occasion. He was a bit supprised that they had reacted so well to his prank, as he honestly hadn't expected the dissapearence of their roof-thatch and left boots to to cause such a wonderful reaction. He chuckled again, 'Bung's going to have a hard time toping this.' he decided with glee. Scrambling down the tree Spiritweaver thought back to his first meeting with Bung, on an ecseptionaly boring spring day a few years back. Spiritweaver had spent almost half a day looking for something to do and had also spent the same half a day being thwarted. When he stumbled (literaly) across Bung pilfering the human's smoke-house Spiritweaver had at first been quite upset, after all mischief was his domain in the forest. But it hadn't taken long for the young elf to find a silver lining on the fat smelly rain cloud. Now, a few years later, Bung had become his rival in all things troublesome, and the two took a great amount of pleasure in atempting to out do each other. There had been quite a few supprises over the years, most notably the fact that somehow Spiritweaver and Bung had been declaired trickster-gods by the human village. Ah yes, life with Bung was never dull. Spiritweaver hummed to himself as he strolled up the a strange hut built half into a rocky-ridge. He sliped up to the door silently, and then... BOOM BOOM BOOM! A shattering sound and a startled scream resounded from inside the hut and after a moment the door jerked open. "DAMN YOU YOU LITTLE TOOTH-PICK! IF I EVER GET MY HANDS ON YOU I'LL WRING YOUR SCRAWNY NECK!" Spiritweaver grinned down at the troll from the tree-branch he was perched on. "You've got your work cut out for you Bung." He said when the troll had finaly stopped screaming, "I have them sacrificing their right boots and rolling in thatch." That done he settled down onto the branch, closed his eyes, and went to sleep. A sleep, oddly enough, featuring the silly-shielder from earily that day.

Bung: Troll male, middle aged. Bung is a fortune seeker, who left his clan to find treasure. Instead he found a human village, and Spiritweaver who vexes him almost daily. Though Bung will never admit it he likes Spiritweaver and their games of "Tease the humans". He is a green skinned, brown haired and black eyed troll, and despite what Spiritweaver says is very fit. He has never actualy come into contact with the other elves of the woods, and they don't know about him. He is very excitable and easily startled, much to Spiritweaver's delight.

MichaelChandler

Spiketop, Firestar, the wolves and Airwalker all entered Auradrop's room. "Why are you here? If it is to learn of my tribe, I left them many turns of the seasons ago." "Do not be alarmed, Water Bender. I just came here to learn more about you. You have a very fascinating gift, much like an elf in my own tribe, Sweetwater." "GET BACK, BAD HIGHTHING!!!" Branchwind comes from behind Auradrop's cot. The wrapstuff shot from it's mouth and darted towards Firestar. Firestar ducked and hit Spiketop in the face. "YOU PUTRID LITTLE WORTHLESS BUG" Firestar hold back his son, who at the moment"Branchwind, is that you?" "Is that fire head high thing!!" "BRANCHWIND" The little bug-like being flew into Firestar's hand. "How do you know about Branchwind?" Firestar looks at the bug. "It was my best friend as a child. While the adults were out playing taale, me, Shadowstar and the other cubs would play with Branchwind. But when the humans attacked the Holt, Branchwind disappeared." "Will hotstuffmaking highthing stay with Branchwind and wetstuffmaking highthing?" Firestar smiled. "No, but how about you and Auradrop stay with Spiketop in the Holt? It seems that that is the only reasonable thing to do." "YAY" Branchwind screeched. "Thank you, Firestar. I have really had no home since that day." Firestar started to ask what happened the day he left his home, but thought to ask him later. The three elves then prepare to leave Auradrop's room. "Wait, before go, I need to ask Spiketop a question." Firestar and Airwalker exit the room and Spiketop stays behind. "How did your wolf find me while I was cloaked?" "Oh, actually, Flintchipper thought he saw a butterfly, and decided to chased it. I was only dumb luck that he found you!"

AceQuester

'But Mother Passion,' says Nimble 'with all respect but i think we should be more careful. Things aren't making any sense.'
*Do you doubt my judgement?* Mother Passion sends not without any some irritation in it.
'N-n-o off course not chieftess. My apologies.'
'HAHAHA! That's why YOU never will be chief.' Spiritweaver laughs as he jumps down from a branch onto the ground. 'You have no guts.'
*And you do?* Mother Passion asked.
Spiritweaver walks to Mother Passion and holds still when he stands between her and Nimble in, with his back to Nimble.
'With all respect but if i may speak for our warrior her..' he turns his head to Nimble, grins and turns his head back to Mother Passion 'but is it possible that they are having other motives to come here. And with all respect, but is it possible that you are blinded by words. They are magicusers and...'
*YOU FOOL! That's why Nimble could be chief and you not. You never learned when you must swallow your pride. You know our rules. Among the bears there is harmony because they all know there place in the pack. That's a skill you lack off. Now out of my side you two. Leave me alone.*
'Now you've done it.' Nimble whispers angry to Spiritweaver when they walk away into the forest. 'But for once i'm glad you did it. I have my doubts also about her objectivity. And it was good to see you putting down on your place again. Thanks elfbrother, that makes my day again.' and after saying those words Nimble disappeared into the woods with the speed of an arrow.
'Glad to be at your service.' Spiritweaver whispers in agony. But inside he feels pain. What's going on with him lately?

'Are you sure? Can't there be another reason why Flintchipper went away? Lured away f.e.?' Auradrop asked at Spiketop.
'No i can wolfsend with him. He showed me everything. Why?'
'Oh no reason. Never mind' Auradrop replies. But meanwhile he starts wondering why Spiritweaver lied about it. But was he? Maybe this cub is lying. Wolfsend is rare these days and it works best if it's your bondbeast. So it would be almost impossible to try it. There is another way but would he dare doing it. Wouldn't it make things only more difficult or...
Auradrop returns from his thoughts and looks up when he sees Spiketop standing up. 'WAIT!' he screams louder then he wanted to. 'Eh sorry... i-i eh.. was wondering if you would help me. I need to know who i can trust you see.. and eh-you seems.. are having eh...'there's something about you eh...'
'I'm flattered magicuser.' Spiketop smiles at Auradrop uncomfortably. 'I know what you mean... i feel eh-... I mean, you think you can trust me?' he corrects himself quickly. Both are blushing while they are looking into there eyes.
'Yes, i think so. That's why I wanted to ask you if you can and would share the wolfsend with me in a locksend. So I know the truth.'
Without saying another word Spiketop send to Auradrop and when they are in locksend the unthinkable happens...

JadeOwl

((Oh, I'm so, so sorry for being away from this for so long! You guys are awesome at this! About the Bear-Soulnames: They do have them, but they don't really call them soul names like the wolfriders do. To them it's just a sound that unlocks everything hidden within them. So yes, but just don't call it a soul name. :) )

After talking with Spiritweaver and Mother Passion, Nimble returned to her territory to think. If they knew what was good for them, no one short of Mother Passion would disturb her here.

So it was with surprise and quite a bit of annoyance that after only a few minutes she heard footsteps below. Sniffing the wind, her eyes narrowed. Human. Just one. Dropping silently to the ground, she crept along in the undergrowth, arrow nocked. Stopping, she swung up to see...a child. A child who looked up at her with no trace of fear in her brown eyes.

Conflicted, she lowered her bow. Then, with the split-fast decision-making that made her nimble of mind as well as of foot and name, she picked the child up under one arm and sprinted off.

She reached Sundown's usual haunt to find her cousin weeping silently. Feeling awkward and unwelcome, she set the child down gently and cleared her throat. "Uh...Cousin?" She approached the healer. "Wh...What's wrong?"

(I'll leave Spiketop and Auradrop for someone else. Don't want to hog the story. :) )

AceQuester

'It's Boulder... -sob- he is hurt.. and it's all my fault' Sundown says. 'I was near the cave where the young female bear just had her cubs and eventhough I knew she is very protective, I wanted to check one the little ones. The she-bear wanted to attack me and Boulder jumped in front of me. He tried to protect me but he is old... ”“sob- and even though he is strong ”“sob- he had taken some hard beatings. Now he went into the forest and he didn't let me try to heal him. And I don't know how bad he's hurt... -sob- if he will come b...' then the healer turns around and sees the human under Nimble's arm.
"WHAT?! No that can't be...'
'Yes it's a humancub.' Nimble answers. 'And I don't know what to do with it. Will you help me?'

At the same time Spiketop and Auradrop are so intimate in their locksending that the didn't noticed that the ground under them was shaking and cracks are appearing into the solid ground.
*So it was true. He was chasing a butterfly.* Auradrop sends to Spiketop when he sees what the wolf earlier had send to his elffriend. *Then why does Spiritmaker lied about it? Why would he...*
*Never mind him.* Spiketop sends back. *We are this moment in the now. See the beauty of it.*
That's not difficult Auradrop thought. It's was very hard to concentrated with such a beautiful soul and flesh in front of him. It felt like a warm hot spring in the fresh air and smell of a new season in the forest. He could almost taste the lips in front of him. Smell his sweet sent. And from within he sees a bright sparkle growing bigger and bigger. Fluttering like a butterfly he can almost touch it. He knows it's his soul name. He lifts his psychical arm to touch it. To give the butterfly a place to land on and rest in the comfort of his spirit. Almost, just an inch away, he can hear and whispers already the first letter of the young soulname, 'J...' and then...
Auradrop disappears into the whole into the ground. While he falls down he can't take his eyes of his new found love, for he now understands it is love that attracted him, even though they didn't got the change to share their soul names. A love never known before as far as he knew. He never heard such a love in the old stories he heard when he was a child. Not even in the time from the High Ones. But why does Spiketop looks so scared? His mouth seems to scream but he can't hear it. And before he can wondering what's happening Auradrop hits the ground. He hears a laughter but it's not Spiritmaker. This laugh is much lower. Like it's another form of life. Then he feels the pain settling into his whole body and he sees a pair big green feet approaching. Then everything turns black.

The_Wylde_Wynd

Sundown stared at her cousin, to shocked for tears to come, 'I'm going mad.' the healer decided, 'I'm standing here solidly on my own two hands and going mad.' It was the only thing that made sense. She had recognized a strange elf (who, strangly enough, she hadn't seen since), Boulder was hurt and possibly dieing, and Nimble was bringing her a human cub, she had to be going mad. She turned her head to stare at the child, the human child. "What...? Where did you...? Why?" She turned, wide eyed, to Nimble trying to keep terror from overtaking her. A human! A human, in their teratory! A human child! She was going to be sick. Her eyes locked with Nimble's, "What if they come looking for it?!" The huntress nodded, "That's why I need your help." Sundown let lose a shuddery breath, she didn't need this now. Not with everything else. She curled a hand into her hair and shivvered. "Alright," she sighed, "I'll help."

-Quick note Ace, it's Spiritweaver not Spiritmaker. Wink

AceQuester

Oh oeps... spellingcheck changed it I think... :S:$ sorry...

The_Wylde_Wynd

no problem. Wink

JadeOwl

At Sundown's reply, Nimble relaxed. She didn't know why her mercy had chosen that exact momen tto show itself, but it had. Fankly, she wished it hadn't.

Sundown pickd the child up - it was a boy, she saw now - and touched his forehead with her fingers, whispering her healing magic into his mind, calming him, making him drowsy. Within the blink of an eye he was asleep. Sundown deposited him in her den, then turned to Nimble with desperation in her eyes.

Nimble nodded decisively, something like satisfaction in her eyes. "Lets go find your bear."

AceQuester

Jade Owl: First a question... is it a boy or a girl human? Because earlier you spoke of HER eyes...

Quote:
Jade Owl

So it was with surprise and quite a bit of annoyance that after only a few minutes she heard footsteps below. Sniffing the wind, her eyes narrowed. Human. Just one. Dropping silently to the ground, she crept along in the undergrowth, arrow nocked. Stopping, she swung up to see...a child. A child who looked up at her with no trace of fear in her brown eyes.

Sundown and Nimble went of into the forest, as quickly as they could to be back in time before the humancub awake up. They where so focused on finding Boulder, that they didn't noticed a pair of eyes where watching them. A pair of eyes that knew that there must be something big if the warrior and the healer went of together. Maybe he must go after them. But he made allready enough mistakes lately. Maybe it was better that he first tried to find out more why they went off together. So while the two maidens where out of sight Spiritweaver entered the healers den...

'I don't know what to think of it.' Airwalker said to Firestar. 'These strange elves who are capturing other elves. And speaking of that, what do we know about that magicuser. Maybe we shouldn't let Spiketop alone with him.'
'I think he is far game. I trust Branchwind. Haha with have i missed that bug. Feels good to see him again.' Firestar said while his eyes gleared into the depts of his memory, while a smill came on his face.
'NOOOOOOOOOOO'
That scream immediatly made him come back into the now. 'Spiketop!' he said almost unnoticed. The Wolfriders jumped of the fallen tree where they were sitting on and run towards the den where they heard the scream from, together with alot of rumbling noise.

MichaelChandler

"Sweetwater! Come, now!!!!!" A beautiful, young elf runs towards her caller. "I need for you to contact Shadowstar! Her guidance is needed!!!" "I understand, Marrow." Sweetwater, a extremely powerful sender, able to send to extensive lengths, called towards her mentor. **Shadowstar! Marrow and the others need your guidance.** The sending is quite clear. Shadowstar receives the sending and ends her conversation with Mother Passion. "I am very sorry, Mother Passion, but I must leave you. My tribe needs me..." Shadowstar then left the hut and ran out ot the hut and to the edge of the forest. **Airwalker, Nightsky. Come! I need you both!!!** Shadowstar's trusted wolf friend came almost instantly, but Airwalker did not. Shadowstar, was confused, but she had no time to waste. She mounted her wolf and rode to the edge of the forest. She then made her way to the home of the Oakleaf Holt... Only to find it in ruins. The trees were cut, blood was everywhere, and two wolves were fallen, no doubt protecting their elf friends. Sweetwater, Marrow, and another rosy cheeked elf came towards the chieftess. They were badly wounded, dirty, and extremely glum. "Sweetwater... Marrow...Leafbringer. What is wrong?" "It was these humans... but they were greenish. And they captured most of the elves... Including Littlebit!"

JadeOwl

OOC: Sorry, forgot that I said her eyes. I think it should be a boy child, though.

Mother Passion broke off the sending with Shadowstar, a pensive smile on her face. So her plan had worked.

Turning her Bear, she rode to the entrance to the Troll caves. Knocking, she waited until Stinkwort came out, then explained to him, "Bring up those hostages you acquired for me recently. I would like to examine them."

Eyeing her bear, Stinkowrt nodded, then turned and called into the tunnels. "Oi! Dripnose, Gobble, bring up those elves!"

Nimble examined the bloodstained ground where Sundown's bear had lain.

"He's gone." She said matter-of-factly.

"I can see that he's gone, you - !!" Sundonw sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Thank you for that peice of information, [i:71aadbc2cd]cousin[/i:71aadbc2cd]," she snarled, "But where is he NOW?!"

Nimble sniffed along the path, following the tiny, barely traceable signs. However, soon even these ended. Turning her face to the air, Nimble's eyes narrowed. "Trolls." She hissed. "Mother Passion has told me of them..."

Opening her mind, she sent **Mother Passion! I - ** But as her mindtouched the Baer-Mother's, for a split second she saw through her Chieftess' eyes, and looked into the face of...Littlebit?

The_Wylde_Wynd

Spiritweaver stared slack jawed at the creature in front of him. The creature stared back at him, eyes wide. For the longest time the two simply stared at each other, neither one moving. Final Spiritweaver raised a shaky hand to point at the [i:844419ee95]human child[/i:844419ee95], "You... you're not supposed to be here." He managed to choke out, half expecting the child to disapear.

It didn't.

They continued to stare at each other, Spiritweaver's hand still pointing at the child. The elf's mind raced, trying to make sense of what was confronting him. Why was there a human child in Sundown's den? Why did Nimble [i:844419ee95]bring[/i:844419ee95] said human child to Sundown's den? Why was said human child that Nimble brought to Sundown's den crying? ... Wait... crying? Spiritweaver jumped back flinching as his mind registered the tears streaming down the human boy's face. "N-no! No, bad human! Don-d-don't do that! Crying bad!!!"

The boy paid him no heed, and continued to cry. Spiritweaver stared at the child, his panic a good deal more powerful than it had been a moment ago. What did one [i:844419ee95]do[/i:844419ee95] with a crying child? 'Bloody hell, what does one do with a human child at all?!'

He slipped up to the child, his whole body shivvering, and laid a gentle hand on it's shoulder. The boy looked up at him and for a moment seaced crying. Spiritweaver sighed in releif and gave the child a shaky smile. Which unfortunately gave the child a good look at his sharp and pointy teeth. Eyes widened, Spiritweaver's dread grew, and the child drew a deep breath... and started to sob. Spiritweaver stared down at the child, a sense of horror sweeping through him... "Oh hell."

MichaelChandler

"Rumpsniffer must run... Rumpsniffer must GET AWAY!" A small troll child runs from a large troup of trolls. "Get back here you snot," one of the trolls called. The troll continued running. Rumpsniffer stopped, picked up some rocks, and hurled them at his prey. Four of the five trolls fell to the ground, dead from the stones. The troll then jumped into a tree and escaped from the fifth troll. Rumpsniffer arrived at the Oakleaf holt right after Sweetwater, Leafbringer, and Marrow emerged from hiding. "Elfies must help! Elfies must help Rumpsniffer. Oldie Elfie took other elfies. Rumpsniffer tried to help, but troll olders beat and chased him. You must help..." "Slow down troll. What do you mean?" "Come. Rumpsniffer show you where."

Rumpsniffer-a troll child with a speaking problem. He can be quite a coward a times, but helps all he can.

Marrow-a blind flesh-shaper who has a foul disposition. He uses sending to see, so when someone is around, ther presence is strong and deep. He can be quite depressing, but he is a great and loyal friend

Sweetwater-Marrow's lifemate and a water-bringer, as her tribe calls it. She can be nuturing, and makes some of the best beverages you may ever taste

Leafbringer-the plantshaper of the Wolfrider. A nuturing figure, he is said to be a direct son of the High ones. He is like a father figure to all the tribe.

The_Wylde_Wynd

Suncrest's uninteligable shrieking woke Phoenix with a start. The young elf rubbed a hand across his golden eyes, "Damnit all Sun-girl, what is it now?!" The hawk did not reply, apparently deciding that continueing to shriek would be the best course of action. Phoenix staggered to his feet, mumbling something that sounded alot like 'I knew I should've bonded with a bloody owl' and made his way over to the golden bird. He fixed her with a more than slightly miffed expression, "Dare I ask?"

Sunscrest turned to look up in his eyes and then her voice, soft and smokey as always, echoed in his mind. *The trolls have elven captives.*

Phoenix's eyes widdened in shock as he lurched forward to peer over the edge of the cliff they were camped on. His gold eyes widened even more when he saw that, yes indeed, the trolls were leading a string of undeniably elven prisoners out from one of their caves. "What in the name of Feng do they think they're doing?! This goes against every treaty that's ever existed between elves and trolls!"

*I don't think they care.*

Phoenix turned around, running a hand through his gold-red mane. "Why didn't you tell me about this sooner?!"

Suncrest rolled her head, *I tried. You sleep like a rock.* She watched sardonicaly as Phoenix paced the outcroping their ocupied, trying to make sense of what was going on. *Ahem, I don't suppose know would be a good time to mention that the Bear-Queen just rode up to the little gathering down there.*

Phoenix nearly fell off the cliff in his hurry to see. "What the hell is she doing? Why isn't she letting that mammoth of her rip the trolls to shreds?!"

*I think it has something to do with the fact that... she seems to be working [i:44a00d89f5]with[/i:44a00d89f5] the nasty little things.*

Phoenix turned swiftly on his heel, grabbing the few belongings that laid scattered around the ledge, his face grim. "Something's wrong with this. The bear-bloods don't sick the trolls on people they have problems with, they take 'em out themselves." He walked a narrow path around the mountain face until he was facing in the opisit direction from the trolls, their prisoners, and the Bear-Queen. "My grandfather needs to know about this." With that he lept from the cliff, gold-red feathered wings carying him away from the insanity below and towards the Great Windhall.

------------------------------
The Avinan: A tribe of Avian elves. The Avinan are traders, and therefore are conected to more tribes than any other tribe. Being traders are primarily nomadic but do have a large number of Bearths (think Cave of Ridges from Dune) and one main city, the Great Windhall, however few spend most of their time in any one place. They are led by their king, Cloudburst, and a council of elders. When an Avinan child is anywhere from two to five years old (usualy about four) they begin to grow a pair of wings, either feathered or leathery (depending on their ancestory) that can be a miriad of colors but are usualy the same color as their hair (colors such as blue, green or purple aren't that uncommon however red and/or gold are extremely rare colors). The Avinan also posses a second pair of eyelids (think birds) and are capable of bonding with almost any type of flying creature. They are more conected to Abode and its magicks than any other elf tribe, which allows them to use many types of Abodian magick (such as Shamanism) and lets them comunicate with animals better than anyone but they are slowly looseing the ability to use any elfin abilities. (wow that was alot)

-Phoenix: The Avinan prince. He has lightly tanned skin, red-gold hair and wings, and gold eyes. Phoenix is slightly arogent and highly sarcastic (though not to the same extent as Suncrest). Phoenix doesn't particularly like the Bear tribe but spends alot of time in their area because of his friendship/rivalry/ocasional-lovemating with Spiritweaver. He is a Shaman in training.

Suncrest: Phoenix's hawk-sister. She has golden feathers and eyes, is very inteligent and is beyond extremely sarcastic. She holds a deep rooted dislike of Nimble because the huntress shot at her once.

MichaelChandler

This idea is great, WyldeWynd! Took you long enough Wink

Lumina rushes into her brother's room. "PHOENIX!! Is everything okay with Suncrest?" "Yes. The bloody chicken just sensed elves in trouble." "Well, I'm surprised Ebony hasn't sensed anything. She usually senses everything..." **PHOENIX!! IT'S CLOUDBURST!!! SOMEONE HAS TAKEN CONTROL OF HIM!!! HE'S GOING TO DESTROY HIMSELF** The call from the hawk almost knocks Phoenix over. "Are you sure? You have been quite wrong lately." **I am! He's at the top of Avore Mountain! She's going to jump.** "But she has wings, she'll be fine!" **She has paralyzed them! Will you just use you're head and go!** **Ebony, I need you!** At Lumina's calling, a large black owl came into the room. **Lumina, why is it that everyone is flyin towards Avore Mountain?** "Cloudburst's wings are paralyzed and she's going to jump! Didn't you sense it?** **No, I'm puzzled. My senses are usually stronger than Sunburst's.** "Lets just go! We can't let her jump!"

Phoenix, Lumina, and their bird brethren flew to the top of Avore Mountain. Cloudburst was standing on the edge of the cliff, which was shaped like a fair face of a female. "Please don't do this, My child." " I will come back when I get the location of the Undergoers!" An elf named Stonewing walks forward. "You already know the location of these elves, my chief." "TELL ME OR I'LL JUMP!" "They are far east, towards the rising sun, and go under the third mountain. There, tell the small elf man Feathkbra, our password, and he will let you enter." Cloudburst smirked an evil grin. "Thank you, stonehead. Now I will be seeing you all in the afterlife!!!!! MAY THE HIGH ONES SAVE MY SOUL" Cloudburst then laughed maniacally and leaped off the cliff.

The_Wylde_Wynd

-quick note Michael, Cloudburst is a guy. Wink -

Phoenix felt his heart stop as he saw Cloudburst throw himself over the edge of the cliff. A moment later he realized that he was plumeting after his grandfather. Tucking his wings close about his body he gained on the falling elf, brushing away the concerned sendings that followed him. His left hand caught Cloudburst by the arm, wings flaring out to slow their decent. A bird-like shriek torn its-self from the young elf's throat as the unimagiable pain of a pair of hands tearing at his wings ripped through his body. The next thing he knew he was underwater, being buffeted by the current. Without thinking he gasped, filling his lungs with water, and began to struggle wildly for the surface. He didn't know how he made it to the shore after what seemed like hours of being slammed into rocks and spun like a leaf in a gail; but he did. A few weak chirps of pain slipped from his throat as he lay exhausted and in excretiating pain in the dirt, to weak to send. Slowly, the young elf passed out, the pain of his broken and bloody wings to much for him. The shadow of an elf cast over his battered body.

MichaelChandler

This will be the catchup chapter (not catchup as in ketchup)

Two elves and a small preserver came towards the fallen
Avian. Cloudburst then came ashore, unconciensous. "Birdywing highthings?" "Oh, these are elves, alright, Branchwind. I can sense it. But... they have wings...like birds. Could they have been of our descent, but of different origin?" The female elf said. The male elf, apparently blind, created a mental connection with the female. "Sweetwater, we must take them to the Holt. It may be damaged, but if we can get Leafbringer to grow some herbs, then maybe we can heal them." "Your right, my love,(this is Marrow, the blind flesh shaper. Remember?) but we must be careful. They could be in league with the trolls." The two elves then motioned the bodies toward the center of the forest, the location of their holt. Cloudburst then regained concienseness. "Whe...Where am I? Wh..o ar...e you..?" He then passed out again. "I will search his mind to see what went down before he fell into the lake. He saw Cloudburst being controlled to find the location of the of some elves far east. And the one he saw controlling him.... Mother Passion? "Tell Rumpsniffer to come here. I need to ask him something before we go." The small troll pounded towards Marrow. "What Blindywhite highthing want?" "Do you know where the Bearfolk live?" Rumpsniffer rubbed his chin. "Oh yes. Bearfolk live not too long from Wolffolk home." "Take us there. NOW!!!!!"
"Are you okay? My son." Spiketop stopped to catch his breath. "That magic using elf... Mother... Passion. She's in league with the trolls!" Spiketop then fell, almost fainting from exhaustion. ** I knew it all along. I felt it when I first saw her!** "No time to get enraged with ourselves. We need to go!!!!" The three elves and the two wolves rushed back to the home of the Bearfolk.

"What a pretty child. If you're bloodline wasn't so repulsive, I wouldn't kill you at all." "What do you want with me. I wan't my mother!" "Pipe down, you little snot." Toadstool roared. "It's all right, my servant! She will be gone soon enough." Just then, a flurry of arrows came rushing towards Mother Passion and the trolls. "I thought those rodents were all locked up? Dungheap!!!!!" "Don't get mad at him. You can thank our freeing to Granite" said an elf named Glee. "There's still some fight left in this old dog." Mother Passion began to speak."Old dog is right. ATTACK MY MINIONS!!!!"

Sundown hid in Auradrop's hut. "It's trolls! They're here!" Auradrop sat up on his cot. "Don't worry they won't see you" Auradrop then activated his cloaking ability to hide himself and the healer. Outside, Nimble and another elf, Silverarm, were fighting the 4 trolls. "Take this, you green bear droppings!" Nimble shot an arrow at a troll and killed him. Silverarm pick up his second spear and hurled it at the trolls. They both died. "Well, we handled them easily." Nimble said. "Look out, my friend." A troll shot a crossbow, and the arrow hit her in her back, going into her stomach in the front.
Lumina and Ebony screeched in fear. **Ebony, my brother. We must go** The elf and her bond owl zoomed off the cliff. All the elder elves started to crowd around one bald, old elf. "Oracle, my friend. What is to happen to our fellow tribesmen?" "All will return... One dead. But you will savor the time they have left... That is all I can say.."

P.S. A river flows from the sea that Phoenix and Cloudburst fell in to the Oakleaf Holt's drinking river. Its at the center of the holt.

MichaelChandler

Avian. Cloudburst then came ashore, unconciensous. "Birdywing highthings?" "Oh, these are elves, alright, Branchwind. I can sense it. But... they have wings...like birds. Could they have been of our descent, but of different origin?" The female elf said. The male elf, apparently blind, created a mental connection with the female. "Sweetwater, we must take them to the Holt. It may be damaged, but if we can get Leafbringer to grow some herbs, then maybe we can heal them." "Your right, my love,(this is Marrow, the blind flesh shaper. Remember?) but we must be careful. They could be in league with the trolls." The two elves then motioned the bodies toward the center of the forest, the location of their holt. Cloudburst then regained concienseness. "Whe...Where am I? Wh..o ar...e you..?" He then passed out again. "I will search his mind to see what went down before he fell into the lake. He saw Cloudburst being controlled to find the location of the of some elves far east. And the one he saw controlling him.... Mother Passion? "Tell Rumpsniffer to come here. I need to ask him something before we go." The small troll pounded towards Marrow. "What Blindywhite highthing want?" "Do you know where the Bearfolk live?" Rumpsniffer rubbed his chin. "Oh yes. Bearfolk live not too long from Wolffolk home." "Take us there. NOW!!!!!"
"Are you okay? My son." Spiketop stopped to catch his breath. "That magic using elf... Mother... Passion. She's in league with the trolls!" Spiketop then fell, almost fainting from exhaustion. ** I knew it all along. I felt it when I first saw her!** "No time to get enraged with ourselves. We need to go!!!!" The three elves and the two wolves rushed back to the home of the Bearfolk.

"What a pretty child. If you're bloodline wasn't so repulsive, I wouldn't kill you at all." "What do you want with me. I wan't my mother!" "Pipe down, you little snot." Toadstool roared. "It's all right, my servant! She will be gone soon enough." Just then, a flurry of arrows came rushing towards Mother Passion and the trolls. "I thought those rodents were all locked up? Dungheap!!!!!" "Don't get mad at him. You can thank our freeing to Granite" said an elf named Glee. "There's still some fight left in this old dog." Mother Passion began to speak."Old dog is right. ATTACK MY MINIONS!!!!"

Sundown hid in Auradrop's hut. "It's trolls! They're here!" Auradrop sat up on his cot. "Don't worry they won't see you" Auradrop then activated his cloaking ability to hide himself and the healer. Outside, Nimble and another elf, Silverarm, were fighting the 4 trolls. "Take this, you green bear droppings!" Nimble shot an arrow at a troll and killed him. Silverarm pick up his second spear and hurled it at the trolls. They both died. "Well, we handled them easily." Nimble said. "Look out, my friend." A troll shot a crossbow, and the arrow hit her in her back, going into her stomach in the front.
Lumina and Ebony screeched in fear. **Ebony, my brother. We must go** The elf and her bond owl zoomed off the cliff. All the elder elves started to crowd around one bald, old elf. "Oracle, my friend. What is to happen to our fellow tribesmen?" "All will return... One dead. But you will savor the time they have left... That is all I can say.."

P.S. A river flows from the sea that Phoenix and Cloudburst fell in to the Oakleaf Holt's drinking river. Its at the center of the holt.

MichaelChandler

MichaelChandler

MichaelChandler

sorry, just ignore them. iMac was actin crappy!

The_Wylde_Wynd

Nimble struck the ground with a cry of agony. From behind she heard the troll's dying cry through a fog of pain.

From inside Auradrop's hut Sundown saw her cousin fall. She pulled away from the other elf and dashed towards Nimble. Skidding to a stop she pulled the elfwoman into a sitting position and began the healing.

######################

A low moan of pain slipped from Pheonix's raw throat as conciousness slowly brushed against him. He tried to push himself up, into a sitting position, but found he didn't have the strength to even move an arm.

"Easy there, you've had quite the bumpy ride. Drink this, it will make you feel better."

Someone pulled him up gently and a cup was lifted to his lips. Greatfully, the young prince drank, stopping only when the cup was dry. "Muh," he broke off coughing, "my Grandfather?"

"He's fine. Resting. You should do the same, I'll be back to check on you later."

He was lowered down onto his stomach and then the sound of a pair feet departing reached his ears. Shivvering slightly he settled down into the bed of... heather, it was heather, and drifted off to sleep.

MichaelChandler

"Incredible. I had no Idea that the Sandsilk Sea had a river coming from it. It is a great chance that this river leads to the location where Phoenix and Cloudburst are. What do you think, Ebony." The bird was drifting off, in a land of his own. "You always were the spacious type..." She told the bird.

Nimble came to conciousness. "Whu....What are... you doing?" "Healing you.... What do you think I'm doing?" Nimble uses the little strength that she does have to force the healer away. "Leave me be. Let the dead stay in their graves." The huntress then fall back into her unconcious state. "Why do I even try..."

Firestar, Airwalker, and their wolves return to the holt. "Where is Leafbringer... I need him now!" He then looks over to Marrow, their lay healer's hut to see a tall, winged elf exit it. "Who is this... wonder of nature? He is incredible." "I am Phoenix, the prince of the Avinan, strongest and most powerful of the elves." Firestar smirked. "Well, I say that my tribe can give you a run for your gems!"

MichaelChandler

"Incredible. I had no Idea that the Sandsilk Sea had a river coming from it. It is a great chance that this river leads to the location where Phoenix and Cloudburst are. What do you think, Ebony." The bird was drifting off, in a land of his own. "You always were the spacious type..." She told the bird.

Nimble came to conciousness. "Whu....What are... you doing?" "Healing you.... What do you think I'm doing?" Nimble uses the little strength that she does have to force the healer away. "Leave me be. Let the dead stay in their graves." The huntress then fall back into her unconcious state. "Why do I even try..."

Firestar, Airwalker, and their wolves return to the holt. "Where is Leafbringer... I need him now!" He then looks over to Marrow, their lay healer's hut to see a tall, winged elf exit it. "Who is this... wonder of nature? He is incredible." "I am Phoenix, the prince of the Avinan, strongest and most powerful of the elves." Firestar smirked. "Well, I say that my tribe can give you a run for your gems!"

The_Wylde_Wynd

Phoenix narrowed his eyes at the lander. 'Handsome enough,' he decided, 'but to cocky. A "run for my gems" indeed.' He watched as the elf man -Leafbringer, was it?- walked over to the newcommers. A hand caught his arm and he turned to glance down at a young elf girl.

She smiled at him, honey colored eyes bright, "You should probably go back inside and lay down. You're still very weak."

Glancing back at (damn why did that lander have to be so good-looking) the others one last time he let her lead him inside. All the while she chattered to him, cooing over his wings like a lovesick dove. Bloody idiot. If he'd never cared for any Avinan woman, why would be even glance at a lander chit. He glared at her retreating back as she slipped outside, 'Bloody obvious you are.' he sniffed, 'Just keep walking away and dreaming trk. I'll play no male-Swansong to a female-Burak. Ruffling his wings angerly he settled down into his heather-bed to seeth.

"What... who in the name of the High Ones was that?!"

Leafbringer glanced back at the tree-den behind him, where Honeycomb was dreamily walking out of. "Phoenix? Well acording to him his the prince of the Avinan, but I'm not quite sure what that means. We found him and his grandfather washed up on the river-bank, apparently the Bear-Queen took control of the old bird's mind and made him jump off a cliff. We don't really know anything else, the boy's the only of them to wake and he's not exactly a chatty person. But they can wait." He turned back to Firestar, "What do you need me to do."

Lander: Avinan term used to describe any elf who lives on the land.
Trk: Avinan term used to describe any elf who isn't an Avinan; highly derogatory and extremely insulting.

Swansong and Burak: An old Avinan folk-tale/horror story. -It tells the story of an Avinan woman (Swansong) who recognized a lander male (Burak). After consumating their recognition Swansong fell asleep and while she slept Burak cut off her wings so she wouldn't/couldn't fly away. When she awoke to find her wings gone she threw herself off a cliff in her despair, killing herself and her unborn child.- The story is told to all Avinan children from the time they are born, in order to warn them of the dangers that landers present. Nearly all Avinan beleive that any lander (of the opiset gender) seeking intimacy of any level intends to recognize and ground them, they are all councled to never look a lander of the opiset gender in the eyes.

MichaelChandler

"Yes, I will need this elf when he is healed. First heal him. Please have him ready in 2 days" Honeycomb enters the room. "Father, is he okay?" "He'll be fine, my sweet. He needs rest, but still fine." "I'm going back to the Bear Folk. I need to speak with their healer." Firestar was struck by imspiration. "I have a better idea. Will you round up all the elfs left here, which should be about six, including the old winged elf and this one. I will get for Sundown to heal them." Leafbringer obeys his chief and rounds up the elfs and wolfs. He and Marrow then get the Avinan elfs and carry them to the home of the Bear Folk.

The_Wylde_Wynd

Sundown shivered, pulling her legs up to her chest. Nearby, Nimble gave a soft moan of pain in her sleep. The healer's fingers itched to finish her job, but she held back. Nimble could be quite testy if healed against her will.

"Will she be alright?"

She nodded, "She'll be in a great deal of pain for a good while, but she'll be fine."

Silverarm settled down, weariness evident on his features. Next to him Auradrop squirmed a bit, still nervous that more trolls might return. Sundown rested her head against her knees, sighing gently. If only Boulder were with her, she always felt safe with him. If only...

She bit down on her lip, tears welling up. 'Oh Barkswallow. I miss you so much.'

Uh... is anyone but me and Michael still even looking at this? Feel free to jump in guys.

The_Wylde_Wynd

Sundown shivered, pulling her legs up to her chest. Nearby, Nimble gave a soft moan of pain in her sleep. The healer's fingers itched to finish her job, but she held back. Nimble could be quite testy if healed against her will.

"Will she be alright?"

She nodded, "She'll be in a great deal of pain for a good while, but she'll be fine."

Silverarm settled down, weariness evident on his features. Next to him Auradrop squirmed a bit, still nervous that more trolls might return. Sundown rested her head against her knees, sighing gently. If only Boulder were with her, she always felt safe with him. If only...

She bit down on her lip, tears welling up. 'Oh Barkswallow. I miss you so much.'

Uh... is anyone but me and Michael still even looking at this? Feel free to jump in guys.

The_Wylde_Wynd

"Will she be alright?"

MichaelChandler

Of course I am still here!

"Firestar is your name, correct?" Phoenix said. "Yes. And you are Phoenix. A proper name for such beautiful plumage" Firestar said as he made his usual compliments. "I need for you to take me to your home. I believe Mother Passion has somethings out for us. And we may need your tribe's help." Phoenix was silent for a bit. "Alright, but you may only bring two people along. I don't want a hoarde of landwalkers trailing behind me." He said. Firestar agreed as he readied himself for the long journey

Sorry it took me so long. I was tied up with something else.

AceQuester

Hi guys, sorry but i got lost... i don't understand how Branchwind ended up with Marrow and Sweetwater and what happend to Auradrop and Spiketop after Auradrop fall into the trollpitch? And with who is Spiketop running? :S Did Sundown found her bearfriend? And what about Spiritweaver? It seems like alot happend that i missed :S

The_Wylde_Wynd

Ace!*glomps Ace* Welcome back!

Honestly... I have no idea what's going on with Branchwind and Auradrop and Spiketop. That's Michael. Sundown hasn't found Boulder and Spiritweaver's still with the human kid (haven't had any major inspiration about them). That's pretty much all I got. Grin

AceQuester

Hehehe tnx ;)
Oh ok well then i will wait for Michaels reaction and otherwise we'll have to make it up by ourselves ;)

The_Wylde_Wynd

-Currently no inspiration for a next instalment but I have a question. Would anyone be interested in starting up a new FanFic game? Not closing this one down or anything, just starting another one for the fun of it and the hopes of getting some new blood in? If anyone likes the idea I'd like to start one up soon. Let me know please! (And Jade... Ace... anyone else who may be reading this... can me and Michael maybe get a little help in here? Pleaseies?)

MichaelChandler

That could be fun! We should do it.

A catchup for those who are absent.

Locations:

Firestar, Phoenix, Branchwind, Rumpsniffer, Cloudburst, Leafbringer, Marrow, Sweetwater, and Honeycomb-In Traveller's path, between the Bear Folk and Charmcaster grounds

Chasm, Airwalker, and Sandstream-THe Charmcaster holt

Shadowstar, Sundown, Nimble, Silverarm, Auradrop, and Spiketop-Bearfolk grounds

Mother Passion, the trolls, Littlebit, Din, Granite, and other elves-Troll's forges.

Tell me if I forgot anyone

The_Wylde_Wynd

MICHAEL!*uber-glomps* YOU DIDN'T DIE IN A HORRIBLE, BLOODY FREAK MOOSE ATTACK!!!!

Btw, Spiritweaver and Jade's human kid are back at Sundown's hut.

MichaelChandler

Thank you! Forgot that one!

And I would never die a horribly bloody mouse attack. It would always be ferrets.... Grin