ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Anyone interested in a glider Holt?

Leanan

I've noticed there's a certain lack of glider-based holts. In fact, the only Holt listing I know of only lists one Holt, and that is not precicely a Holt, being my Blue Mountain...

So, if I started a new, glider-based holt, would anyone be interested in joining it?

JadeOwl

Yes. :D

(I also may be starting a sort-of Glider Holt.....but they're winged elves...and it's been in production for like a year, so I dunno whether it's ever gonna happen.)

The_Wylde_Wynd

*pops in* YES! I've long wanted to join a holt but never felt right about... just jumping in. So yes, definately.

Leanan

Cool!

The holt idea I had is based on a character background story I wrote for Starpool Holt, namely the Hawkriders of Mountain Eyrie. They're a mix of pureblood immortals and hawkblood mortals, who live in a state of warfare with their local trolls, their character a kind of mixture of Go-Backs and gliders...

Leanan

..I'm also wide open for other ideas...

For example, a Holt of High Ones and their children in their early times...

Or a mountain realm like and yet unlike Blue Mountain...

Or...? ideas, anyone?

The_Wylde_Wynd

How about a holt of elfin-anthros? Or several different holts in a closish area, each with a different species?

Leanan

What are elfin-anthros? :?

The_Wylde_Wynd

Elves that are anthros, or anthromorphs.

[i:23b909937b]Anthromorphs are humanoids with bestial appearance traits. In most cases, this manifests as light fur and/or exotic facial features. In rare instances an anthro can have a tail, animal-like ears or clawlike fingernails or even appear as humanoid animals. Exact traits vary, since an anthromorph can appear to be related to any animal.[/i:23b909937b]

Leanan

Several holts may be a bit too ambitious when we can't even be sure of getting enough players for one holt... elfin-anthros - would they be hawk-elves, then?

The_Wylde_Wynd

Hawks, eagles, falcons... the list is endless! :D

Though birds are one of the harder species to anthro (in my experience). It's hard to do them without just making harpies.

Leanan

True... :? *tries to imagine a hawk-elf-anthro*

Hmm, the closest I can come are the three Eggborn of Mountain Eyrie: Ralayan has a hawk's head and can't speak, Akaiya has wings instead of hands... and Laralee shapeshifts between giant hawk and feather-haired elf...

WindDancer

i like the idea. my only question is is will this be a forum or yahoo group based Holt?

Leanan

We-ell... if I'm the admin, then definitely forum.

WindDancer

WOOHOO (sorry :roll: personally i find Yahoo groups a headache to sort lol)

so if you've created it, point me in the direction of where to join. :P

Leanan

If someone else volunteers to be admin, I'll join. But I've decided I've got my hands full as it is, starting another holt is not possible right now... :(