ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

What is your other online identity?

Trollbabe

My husband was just talking about people looking up their own name on the Internet. I thought it might be fun to find out what the Internet has to say about other people, places or institutions that share your name. If your name is unusual or long, you might find actually something specifically about you or your family. However, if your name is John or Mary Smith, you will find quite a few online identities for yourself.

According to my search, my husband is a famous athlete. He must be in good health, because I died over a century ago.

RedheadEmber

It looks like I don't exist! :? That is when using my full name!

When I only take my first and last name I'm either a politican in the european parlament or an actress!

Nowth

I sometimes do this because I get worried that there might be a hate page about me, full of accusations and embarrassing moments.

I'm several Dutch people.

"I" have also willed to my daughter: an undershirt and two aprons. (I guess that's why I can't find them anymore)

I'm credited for a photograph... but that's the real me, actually

Whew

JadeOwl

I'm a Hollywood casting director, but I've only cast one thing...(Strike It Rich, whatever that is...)
I wrote a tribute in memory of someone named Mr. Claude W. Coffee...
And I'm a type of butterfly.

Trollbabe

Quote:
Redhead Ember

...I'm either a politican in the european parlament or an actress!

Politics and acting aren't that far apart, really. They call for similar skills. Look at Reagan and Schwarzenegger.

I have a number of professions, according to linkedin.com and smarter.com. According to Yahoo!, I'm for sale. Ooops, I hope THAT isn't another of my professions! :oops:

RedheadEmber

Quote:
Trollbabe

[quote:3279326fe0="Redhead Ember"]...I'm either a politican in the european parlament or an actress!

Politics and acting aren't that far apart, really. They call for similar skills. Look at Reagan and Schwarzenegger.[/quote:3279326fe0]

Yeah... you're right... never really thought of it that way...

Trollbabe

Looked myself up under my maiden name. Apparently I've been married to quite a few men over the last century or so. It's okay, because they are all dead. Now I am a pastor, so I don't have much time to marry anyone else.

MichaelChandler

I'm some doctor in England. The grubby man's got a rih bit of de dingies

Laurel

Ok, I'm not overly internet savvy, how is everyone searching for themselves. I tried Google and got a bunch of foreign sites, got the same things from Whois, even tried IMDB (Internet Movie Database) got nothing there.

Trollbabe

Just use Google or any other search thingie to look up variations of your name. Use various last names if you've had more than one. Search nicknames as well.

Just some examples:
Margaret Jane Smith, M.J. Smith, Margaret Jane Jones, M.J. Jones, Maggie Smith, Maggie Jones, Margaret Smith-Jones, Meg Smith, Meg Jones...

Minouche

Drat Evil Grin I'm just me and, while there are a few people with whom I share my last name, 1) they're very few, 2) they all seem to hail from the same very small area around the French village where my father is buried (in his family's "caveau") so, although I don't know any of them, we're probably related. There is absolutely no trace of anyone sharing both my first and last name...It's just me....and the echo..echo..co..co..co..o... out there.

Trollbabe

Aside from exhibiting my artwork in Washington and Australia, and conducting scientific research in Toronto, I have been writing editorials in the UK. Pretty impressive for a gal who died in the 15th century. Having seen the movie "Corpse Bride", I can imagine how I looked when I got married in Connecticut in the 18th century, and again in New York in the 21st century. It helps that I own a bridal shop in the UK.

twinklebug

Quote:
Nowth

I sometimes do this because I get worried that there might be a hate page about me, full of accusations and embarrassing moments.

I used to do that all the time for the same reason. But apparently there's no one who hates me that much, or shares my name.

Trollbabe

Just using your online forum name, I got several pages of "Twinklebug" references, many of them from devientART, of course. Aside from that, you are the namesake of a dance class in Kansas, you are a mother in Singapore, and a resident of New York and Arizona as well as Belleville, Ontario. (Say bonjour to Les Triplettes for us!) This didn't stop you from starting a children's product line in Indiana.

When you weren't busy racking up those frequent flyer miles, you made an appearance in a book called "Bed Bugs", in which it was revealed that you glow in the dark. If you truly possess this Elfin power, some of my deep-pit-mining Troll friends have a business proposition for you. :twisted:

In any case, you ought to grab a bite to eat, because allconsuming.net reveals that "Twinklebug hasn't consumed anything recently."

As far as what my online name reveals about me, my name is now "Barbara" and I apparently like to knit. If you're wondering how I look, I don't know whether to be flattered or not:
http://www.adept-press.com/trollbabe/about.html

Nakadah

Hm. All I get is a bunch of genealogy pages with women who were born in the early 1900's with my name.. As well as a bunch of pages in various foreign languages.

Just goes to show that the only people who have my name are either really old or really young. (The name Emma seems to be popular with little girls.)

Emma

Trollbabe

The movie "Emma" was released in 1996, so maybe a lot of Moms named their daughters after this chick flick.

Ashbough

*Clears her throat* Wow. Looks like I am an actress with an..er...shapely body and a taste for making naughty films. Oh dear.

Vang

I am the drummer and a founding member of a band, and also an artist and filmmaker! Who knew?

Skywise_Luver_007

[color=darkred:d0aad93aca]Sad thing... under my maiden name and under my married name... the only results I get are the newspaper announcing that I got married... wonder what my daughter's says...[/color:d0aad93aca]

Skywise_Luver_007

[color=darkred:fc4315c6fb]Haha... my last name is Steelman... and there's a Steelman Library... funny thing about that is the hubby and I love to read...[/color:fc4315c6fb]

Cascade

Under my own name I find... me. Well, my work at any rate.

Under my married name I find a saint - provided one is willing to change my gender, that is.

CrimsonAnna

I'm a basketball player in northern Sweden it seems.

Quiver

The only other person with my name I found via Google is a teacher at a Christian school. I never knew that I had it in me. The rest is me and people with similar names. I'm rather easy to find, in other words.
And I am at least two American and one Finnish woman on Facebook. Hmm...

WhiteGhost

i play soccer in colorado. exact same name, middle too. *Twitch* but only popped up 2 years ago, before there was nothing. XD

Trapspringer

I'm a former basketball player and mayor of Sacramento!

Quiver

Stalking my namesakes has proved that there are five of us, two American, one Swedish and one Finnish: the teacher at a Christian school, a charity fundraiser and a businesswoman (no details on the Finnish one). At least I got the most hits on Google for academic-type stuffs. Sounds like my other me's are rather...boring? (Sorry!)

RedheadEmber

Searching Anne Berthe Lund Jensen I get this... which isn't excactly an other online idententy... as it's... me

Searching Anne Jensen I get several hits neither of them true...

Quote:
Trollbabe

Aside from exhibiting my artwork in Washington and Australia, and conducting scientific research in Toronto, I have been writing editorials in the UK. Pretty impressive for a gal who died in the 15th century. Having seen the movie "Corpse Bride", I can imagine how I looked when I got married in Connecticut in the 18th century, and again in New York in the 21st century. It helps that I own a bridal shop in the UK.

Hmm.... you've been busy...

Crucent

LOL im a Holy Island in England that was invaded by vikings back in the day.
other then that im going for a doctorate about Plutonium in the Environment: Sources and Mobility when im not busy beeing a pass in New Zealand or discovering China and blog about it. i also make catering easy by " giving you confidence to serve even the biggest helpings knowing that the range can take the strain."
And that is just for my first name XD

Minouchette

My last name has gotten me several hits but exclusively in a very limited region of France (the one my father comes from), so they are probably more or less distant relatives.
With first and last name, it's only me, me, me, meeee

Cascade

I've got a new one! It's not just me, I have now become a local politician as well!

We're both Dutch, and we live approximately 30 km apart. I suspect she is a second or third cousin of some sort.

Some time ago I've looked at a website which shows which last names live where (in the Netherlands), and everyone who shares my last name lives within 30 km of my location. And they are blood relatives, too. We are not the adventurous kind, I'd say.

Tonia

My name showed me ofcourse, but alot of other people. Its kinda scaryEek!

Startear

I'm the only person who has all of the combined 3 names in Norway... however when I take away the 3rd name, then I'm

A politician from KrF
Been in Miss Norway
Footthrapist
Journalist
And I drive a senter for all kind of entrupernurs (sp?) and crituqed a person for how they wrote a book about the Kosovo war

mirage

I am truly unique! No one spells their name like mine, no one has both of my names, and the internet can't even agree on what my name means...

twinklebug

Apparently in 2009, I died in Michigan at the age of 100.

Embala

When I add all three forenames there's no chance to find another idendity at all Wink

Trollbabe

No explanation as to why an "image search" of my name yielded the poster for a horror movie.