ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Guess the movie

NightAngel

I post a movie scene, you guys guess.
If you're right, it is your turn and so on and on and on.

*make sure you save the picture and upload it, because most of the time the name of the movie is in the url of the pic; people always cheat ;)*

Here goes:
[img:1a337047c7]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/Leetah7/twfilm.jpg[/img:1a337047c7]

NightAngel

Sure :D

NightAngel

It's a Spanish movie!!! :twisted:

Comedy & drama

NightAngel

It's a zero's movie yes :D

Nibblet

2007?
2008?
Has it been released to DVD yet?

NightAngel

2005? Yes!

Tenderfoot

Is it Tapas?

NightAngel

Yes it is!!

Tenderfoot

Yay-! Nooo! Damn, I should know better than to post when I don't have anything to post... aha!

NightAngel

Oh no!
I suck at black-white films.. :?
Hm..........

50's movie?

Tenderfoot

Yup, it's from the 50's

NightAngel

is the girl on the left famous?*was?*

Tenderfoot

Dunno, don't think I know her name. Personally, I only know the name of one person in the movie :oops:

NightAngel

The man behind the counter?

Yngvar

Tenderfoot, you scamp you! Wink

Tenderfoot

Nightangel: Yes

Yngvar: Bet you know it, but how can you blame me? Was on television yesterday and is my favourite movie!

Yngvar

And impossible to guess for anyone outside Norway. I doubt that it has even crossed the border to Sweden.

From a non-Norwegian, I think you should accept any answer that even guesses the name of the leading actor in the picture. Even that is stretching it, though.

NightAngel

Hahaha so okay, it is a Swedish movie?

Pippi LÃ¥ngstrump?? (guess not, your movie is older)

Tenderfoot

Yngvar: I know I'm mean, but I couldn't think of anything else at the moment. :oops: Yes, if someone can guess the name of the man behind the counter, that is answer enough. If someone can give just the year, I'll be okay with that.

No, wait; The first one to guess which country the movie comes from, wins. It's impossible for someone else.

Nightangel: Nope, not a Swedish movie.

Maiken

It is from Norway, isn't it?

Tenderfoot

And Maiken wins. Yep, it's an old Norwegian movie.

It's from 1957, named "Fjols til fjells", which would be "Fools in the mountains" in English. The leading actor is Leif Juster.

Your turn, Maiken.

NightAngel

Hm okay.
I knew that! :roll: 8)

Nah, that was too difficult.

Maiken

Well, if I pick a danish movie, you guys won't have a chance. So, I'll pick one that isn't:

This one should be easy.

Embala

It has to do with a biiig fish with shaaarp teeth? Wink

Maiken

Damn! Why can't I ever come up with something that is hard to guess? Grin
Yes, it has to do with a big fish with sharp teeth.

NightAngel

Embala, say it now or else I'll say it 8)

Embala

SAY IT !!!

I don't want to choose another film ... and I'm NOT SURE about the number, anyway Grin

NightAngel

Aye Aye!

Ehhh....is it Jaws??

Maiken

Yes it is. :)

NightAngel

Tenderfoot

Is it a Christian movie? A movie with a Christian theme? *points to necklace*

NightAngel

No not at all!

NightAngel

Come ooon, it's not THAT hard :D

Ask ask ask

Tenderfoot

I have the feeling I've seen it somewhere before, but...

Made before or after 2000?
American/English?

NightAngel

It's an American movie made after 2000 yes :D

Tenderfoot

Drama?
Comedy?
Horror?
Action?
Action-comedy?

NightAngel

Drama

It (the story) happened one of the actresses for real in her life..

Tenderfoot

Oh... almost like a documentary, then? Or reality?

NightAngel

No not like that.

Okay: hint:

11, 12..

NightAngel

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12...?

Embala

Okay, okay - understood the first one already - would be 13

:? not even an idea if this is a title ... 13 Days? 13 Nights? ...definitely NO IDEA Grin

NightAngel

It's just Thirteen :P

Embala

Surprised Does this mean I've to come up with another movie? :roll:

NightAngel

*smiles* Yes dear !

Embala

[img:dc12dd563e]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/Etumla/Various%20Stuff/Movie1_12.jpg[/img:dc12dd563e]

I'm old - so are my movies :P

spiritofthewater

Is it Dean Martin?

NightAngel

Hm..it's a western i guess

Embala

Dean Martin in a western, YES Grin

Willowspring

O.O now i am feeling a bit... older

spiritofthewater

I've only seen one Dean Martin film and that is "Some Came Running". Is it that movie?

Embala

No

I'd say it's a rather famous western, tho it'ss about as old as me.

Maiken

Rio Bravo?

Embala

RIGHT !

Nowhere else someone pours whiskey BACK into the bottle Grin

Maiken

[img:b78ac8df77]http://i40.tinypic.com/20pzrye.jpg[/img:b78ac8df77]

NightAngel

Eh?
Who the **** is she!

NightAngel

Hint requested !

Nakadah

Hmm.. She looks a bit like Kate Hudson to me. Maybe? I'm not sure.

Emma

Maiken

Yes, it is Kate Hudson. :D

Nakadah

Oh snap I totally know it!

"The Skeleton Key"??

Emma

Maiken

That's right! :D

Nakadah

YESSS. I like this game! Haha.

Okaayy.. This one might be a little tough. But give it a shot!

[img:bc6159b70c]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/Nakadah/ellen-page-in-the-tracey-fragments-.jpg[/img:bc6159b70c]

Emma

NightAngel

Hint!

Nakadah

Okay, Ellen Page starred. :)

Emma

NightAngel

Juno?

(ey, I didn't know she's that actress of Hard Candy!)

LordTaviusAmatiel

The Tracey Fragments.

I didn't enjoy it that much. It wasn't my cup of tea.

Nakadah

You got it Lord Tavius Amatiel! I quite enjoyed the movie, but that's probably just because I'm a huge Ellen Page fan. I thought it was interesting, at least. :)

Emma

LordTaviusAmatiel

Yes ellen page is very cute. I didn't watch juno. But its on the movie list. I watch tons of movies all the time. I dont like some but movies are usually good in some aspect. I find the B movies to be great. But the big budgets have the best graphics

So my turn.

1983 written and directed by Luigi Cozzi
Lou Ferrigno
Sybil Danning
Brad Harris
Ingrid Anderson
William Berger

If I post pictures it will give it away

NightAngel

Not per se, if you find a scene who's not giving it all away :)

LordTaviusAmatiel

Its hard, all the pictures I'm finding have the title as either the url or actually in the picture. But I will try to find one.

NightAngel

You can upload the pic in imageshack or photobucket and rename it.

It takes more time but *shrugs*, it's fun :D

LordTaviusAmatiel

okay I got it, photobucket is to much for my toshiba, so I tried a new hoster

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us<br><br>QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!

Nakadah

Wow.. I have no idea. :? I'm not much of a movie buff, though.

Emma

LordTaviusAmatiel

lets see....hint....it describes the trials of a certain person from ancient times

Embala

The chariot makes me think of a modern version of Ben Hur ... but the cast ... :?

Lou Ferrigno ... Sybil Danning ... sounds more like a remake of Samson ... or Herkules? Wasn't there a remake?

[size=9:466d0b07aa]Awesome looking avatar ... a bit huge tho[/size:466d0b07aa] Wink

NightAngel

(I know the answer, I googled two of those names Lord mentioned...but that's not fair, so I won't say anything)

:P

LordTaviusAmatiel

Embala takes the cake.

1983 an Italian remake of the Hercules story was done in english, starring....you guessed it, the incredible hulk, Lou Ferrignou, as Hercules. Also there was a sequel, Hercules II. The picture is the scene where he throws the chariot across the sky.

Embala

... and the job to choose another movie Wink ... my own fault :roll:

[img:e16702607b]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/Etumla/Various%20Stuff/Movie2.jpg[/img:e16702607b]

Guess you recognize the actor ... tho it's rather old

LordTaviusAmatiel

he looks familiar but unless its ed harris you have me stumped

edit: I wouldn't let this one go, I've seen it. And if I'm wrong then I have no idea.

Me and my grandmother used to watch all kinds of western but not too many black and white western, one of the few I have seen is the magnificent seven....could it be?

Embala

Not Ed Harris ... think of a famous baldhead Wink

Guess this role should remind of The Magnificent Seven, but - NO

an NO - [b:b9f54df2ec]it is NOT a Western[/b:b9f54df2ec] Grin ... and not b/w either (only this pic is)

LordTaviusAmatiel

then I'm lost...it does look like the mag 7 but I guess I'm wrong....I'll be interested to see what it turns out being.

edit: haha I know what it is now but I'm not gonna tell....one little bit I think im right on. the guys name is the gunslinger, or yul brynner in real life, but I'm not giving up the name of the movie just yet.

I'm more of a jurasic park guy myself....was that another hint...maybe it was

Embala

:D ... the role name and actor name are right ... now how about the title?
[size=7:9f1112319c]... and it will count as a hint[/size:9f1112319c] Grin

Trapspringer

westworld

Embala

Got it, Trapspringer :D

Westworld is an old SiFic film ... about an amusment park with human-like robots in different setting, a. o. the Wild West - and of course something went terribly wrong Wink

LordTaviusAmatiel

I was surprised when I saw that it was written and directed by Micheal Crichton and I haven't seen it. So whos next

Embala

Trapspringer!

Trapspringer

What!?!? Oh yes.
[URL=http://img39.imageshack.us/my.php?image=moviepicc.jpg][img:722501a892]http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7641/moviepicc.th.jpg[/img:722501a892][/URL]

NightAngel

erm....Sinbad?

CrimsonAnna

Hidalgo?

Trapspringer

No, not Sinbad or Hidalgo. Here's another pic from it.
[URL=http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=moviepic2.jpg][img:d17c242f6e]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8233/moviepic2.th.jpg[/img:d17c242f6e][/URL]

LordTaviusAmatiel

is it a robin hood or a king arthur

I know I've seen it because both of those pictures are familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Trapspringer

No, this one's not so much about one hero, but many.

Embala

The 13th Warrior ... tho - no idea whether the second pic fits in ...

LordTaviusAmatiel

No I think you are right, I can't believe I didn't think of it. That's why I recognized him. The first picture is the second arab, he plays alongside Banderas in the begining, the second picture is one of the norsemen

Trapspringer

:wave: Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. The second pic is of the scout. I don't know his name.
:clap: Take it away, Embala.
I forgot Michael Crichton did this one, too. Must have influenced my choice subconsciously. And where is my spell checker?

LordTaviusAmatiel

It happens....good pic, it is rather obscure. Not one of the bigger Antonio Banderas movies. But a good one.

Embala

I should stop guessing ... :roll:
Okay, here's mine - again NOT a b/w movie [size=9:36764c2ef0](for some reason I don't manage to find usable color shots)[/size:36764c2ef0] :?

[img:36764c2ef0]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/Etumla/Various%20Stuff/Movie_3.jpg[/img:36764c2ef0]

NightAngel

I pass.

Trapspringer

is it batman & robin? big top pee wee?

Nakadah

I'm with Nighty on this one. No idea! Grin

Emma

Embala

uh-hu .. too hard?

It's old again - from 1976 ... and a gain a SiFic ... the photo shows a very characteristic ritual!

NEXT PAGE