ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Elfquest Collection Items - Available to Purchase

ImSeeker

I'm selling my entire comic collection of over 10,000 comics, but I pulled all my elfquests - I want them to go to a good home rather than just being sold to a dealer.

I have:

See my last post in this thread for what I currently have

Almost everything is pristine. I have even more stuff, but this is all the original items that I felt deserved better than dealer stock.

Rainy

Curious about the Fantasy Quarterly, the HC's (what publisher?), and Gatherum.

ImSeeker

The Fantasy Quarterly is VF/NM- (I know everyone says that even when a page is missing.... ;) but this copy is flat, boarded/bagged, and the only discernable flaw I can see is a slight page flaking smaller than a bb on the lower left corner.

Elfquest Fire & Flight HC is Father Tree Press, 1993, perfect EXCEPT for a 1/2 inch shallow dent/tear on the back 3/4 way down the spine (does not penetrate into the interior at all).

The limited HC were issued by Donning, all are signed by Wendy and Richard (although I only know for sure on Book 1 - the others have never been unwrapped). Limited editions 3000 copies each.

The Gatherum (both copies) are by Fantagraphics, 1981, 6.95, Yellow covers - both are first editions. Again, beautiful copies.

Hope that helps!

Rainy

Well I mostly curious about the prices, lol.

Rainy

Ah, I grok.

Do keep us posted if you would though! :)

Skya

Yup, let us know prices. :)

Rainy

Well the HC sets leaves me out - I already have a couple (so don't need copies of the ones I have), and 600 is so out of my price range anyway.

But overall the prices seem fine. Granted I have found near mints for waaaaaaaaaay less, but ah ... I was aware that I was getting *quite* a steal when I found them so cheap LOL.

If I am lucky, maybe I will sell a bunch of ACEOs or other artwork so I'll have spending money.

Hmm ... probably should relist some stuff now that I think about it.

Rainy

Quote:
ImSeeker

I'd be happy to keep the HC limited editions. Maybe that's why I put 600. They're definitely special.

And yes - I've seen mint stuff cheaper too - that's when you grab quickly and laugh that you got it so cheap. (I got an Adventure 267 - 2nd Legion of Super Heroes in VF for............ ten cents - but that's another story).

Thanks for agreeing these are "good" prices - if they were EXCELLENT prices, I'd feel I was selling too cheaply - Elfquest is and has always been wonderful. OTOH, if they were "too expensive" then I'd just be wasting mine and everyone else's time.

Nawww I know - can't fault ya one lick on that - they are good prices! It's not like you are robbing anyone blind! I'd shell out 95 for the fantasy quarterly without even blinking at it if I had the excess cash. And I already own 2 copies! LOL! Part of what made my comic addiction so bad lol, was that I tended to collect titles in triplicate and quadruplicate. Makes for an expensive habit, hehe!

So the irony with that is - having copies of the HCs really wouldn't matter to me - *if* I had the cash to blow ... it's the not having the cash to blow that makes me be a little ... picky. LOL. Sort of the way it always goes though, huh? hehe

And can't blame you one little bit for wanting to put a high pirce on the "keepers"! LOL ;) I do it all the time on stuff I only "sorta kinda" wanna sell - it's going to be a chunk of change cuz I'll be adding in the "reason to make me willingly pry my chubby little hands offa this prize" tax. lol

Quote:
ImSeeker

As for buying sets vs individual - if you have 'a couple' - you might consider getting a set and then selling your couple, or the extras from my set.

Just saying....

Yeahhhhh but like see - each one has a "conquest story". I'm a collector through and through - in part I enjoy the conquest, but what makes the conquest enjoyable - is the chase! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Quote:
ImSeeker

How long have you been into Elfquest, Rainy?

And I've been into EQ since my best friend in grade school waved them under my nose with a big smile and teased me about me not having them. The scamp! LOL. You know ... she didn't let me read them at first ,,, she'd read passages and taunt me. LOL. That was like 1978 I think - so I've been in love with EQ since the beginning.

Gosh I feel old. LOL

ImSeeker

Ooops - my signature kicked in - well, if you like Christmas books for children ages 6-12 or adults who still feel like kids (I'd say most elfquest fans qualify), check out these children's Christmas books as well....

Laurel

Which versions of the Elfquest 1-21 do you have?

Are those and the Yearnings still available?

ImSeeker

All 21 magazines are first print (1-5 have the $1 cover price, 6-9 the $1.25 cover price). I bought them as they were released, read them once, then boarded them up. (Of course, #1 was actually released a tiny bit after some of the others, since Fantasy Quarterly 1 existed)

Yearnings is also still available.

Be glad to provide anything you'd like to see...

Laurel

Ok, so they are the WaRP, original black and white, large size ones, not the Marvel reprints.
I am interested in these 21 issues then. Yearnings I find I don't need.

Legionnary

I am interested by the Role Playing Game and the 4 Elfquest Complete Books. Let me know when you will put them on ebay or else

Quote:
I want them to go to a good home rather than just being sold to a dealer.

Pretty sure that the members here will take care about it Smile.

ImSeeker

Laurel, Legionnary,

so as not to burden this thread, I'm replying to both of you privately, and including my email if you wish to reply to me.

Skya

Picked up some goodies from Dan and I must say the books were in gorgeous shape. When he says pristine he really means it. Smile

Laurel

Skya, thank you for posting that. I always worry sending out money orders. No offense meant to you Dan. I'm looking forward to having my collection being more complete. Thank you.

Legionnary

Quote:

Picked up some goodies from Dan and I must say the books were in gorgeous shape. When he says pristine he really means it. Smile

And also I can add that he is a great seller as well. I have received my package today and the books are in very great conditions. Thanks a lot Dan it's was great doing buisiness with you Smile.

ImSeeker

See latest post for available items.

Laurel

What he says, is what he delivers. i received my comics, in excellent condition, with no hassles. Very prompt replies and delivery.

Thank you very much Dan.

ImSeeker

See latest post for available items.

Laurel

I feel terrible, I forgot to put a feedback here.

I bought the original 21 issues from him. Not only pristine, but first printings as well. He means what he says.

ImSeeker

Some of the stuff I listed in March is still available, but in digging through my collections, I also have:

Elfquest: Journey to Sorrow's End HARDBACK First Edition 1982, signed by Wendy and Richard Pini

An Underwood-Miller book by arrangement with Playboy Press - ooh - would love to hear the details on that!

I have no idea how to price it - you tell me. I'm sure someone here knows its value. You've seen others above say I grade fairly - this book is perfect. - ok wait, a tiny small white spot on the lower left near the spine.

And while you're at it - reread the March 6 message and make an offer!

Skya

The hardback Journey to Sorrow's End is a gorgeous book. It's got black and white pictures of portraits of the wolfriders. Some of them are from the portfolios, but some of them I dont recall seeing elsewhere.

I got my copy off ebay for a bit less than $30, though that was a couple years ago.

gemeralderin

I am interested in the fire and flight hc, is that the full color graphic novel? I'd love to have it.

ImSeeker

erin
send me email - yes i think it is what you want.

dan@secondstar.us
www.secondstar.us

ImSeeker

Got Richard's newsletter, so thought I'd pull this out of wrapstuff. Sure, a lot of this I've not yet sold, I haven't yet had the heart to ebay any of this when someone who would love it might want it. You can read the feedback from above for some who have purchased items.

ImSeeker

Well, I finally bit the bullet and am putting these items on ebay. I'm actually getting MORE than I'm posting here, but I want to hold to true fans - I know here they'd find a good home.

Here's the current availability and prices: (text copied/altered from earlier messages)

I sold most of my comic collection of over 10,000 comics, but I pulled all my elfquests - I want them to go to a good home rather than just being sold to a dealer. Most of these are from the very early 1980s and if not indicated otherwise are in pristine condition.

I also have lots of Akiko and Bone stuff if you're interested. [Same issue as Elfquest, too much love for them by me...]
[I wrote a story published in Akiko...]

To skya, Laurel, and Legionary - Thanks for the confidence - I try my best!

Almost everything here is close to pristine. I have even more stuff, but this is all the original items that I felt deserved better than dealer stock. If you wonder about the prices, ask me to scan the covers or take photos of what I have and send them to you - I think you'll be impressed, honestly.

I have:

Elfquest Book 1-4 (1981-84) (Donning) ----- $60 for set of 4

Elfquest Gatherum (1st edition) ----- $10

Yearnings ----- $10

Elfquest Fire and Flight HC (1993) ---- $15
(VF- - small dent/tear on BACK, but does not penetrate to interior)

Elfquest: Journey to Sorrow's End
HARDBACK First Edition 1982, signed by Wendy and Richard Pini ---- $30

Fantasy Quarterly 1 --- $95
(VF+/NM- , very small cover chipping on lower left corner)

Elfquest III Portfolio (LIMITED EDITION #1606) - 14 plates, signed --- $40

Elfquest Book 1-4 Limited HC (#1185, #1204, #1323, #800) --- $400 set
(Books 2-4 are still in original shrinkwrap, NEVER opened)

I'm not willing to break up the sets, that's part of what makes them cool -
complete sets.

I will entertain offers, but I checked ebay, comic shops (both buy and sell prices), and such to come up with what I feel are fair numbers. If you think I'm wrong - feel free to tell me - I can be swayed with good information.

Shipping costs will be the responsibility of the buyer - I will charge EXACTLY what I pay to ship - you just tell me how fast you want it and how to send it.

ImSeeker

Ok, it's all been going up on ebay, and I'm honestly getting MORE than I posted here.
Still, I'd rather it go to a good elfquest home.

I'll hold to these prices if you want something (unless I've already sold it on ebay).

Otherwise, bid and buy on ebay! This is great stuff.

ImSeeker

Here's what I still haven't put on ebay:

I also have lots of Akiko and Bone stuff if you're interested. [Same issue as Elfquest, too much love for them by me...]
[I wrote a story published in Akiko...]

To skya, Laurel, and Legionary - Thanks for the confidence - I try my best!

Almost everything here is close to pristine. I have even more stuff, but this is all the original items that I felt deserved better than dealer stock. If you wonder about the prices, ask me to scan the covers or take photos of what I have and send them to you - I think you'll be impressed, honestly.

Elfquest Gatherum (1st edition) ----- $10

Elfquest III Portfolio (LE #1606) - 14 plates, signed --- $40
***SOLD***

Shipping costs will be the responsibility of the buyer - I will charge EXACTLY what I pay to ship - you just tell me how fast you want it and how to send it.

Tynami

Excellent seller here, he's great to work with Smile

ImSeeker

Looks like we did a restore.

Oh, well, not much left:

Shadowfire

what, if anything, do you still have available and at what costs?

ImSeeker

One year to the day!

Those two items are still available. I haven't really been trying to aggressively sell them.

I also have a French version of Elfquest 1, don't have it priced.

I do have non-elfquest stuff, too, but that's not for this thread.

Dreamcat

I take both! The hardback and the fantasy quaterly! Ö_Ö

ImSeeker

If you're serious, contact me directly; we can figure out the cost to ship to Germany. If not, that's fine too.

Shadowfire

If you're serious, contact me directly; we can figure out the cost to ship to Germany. If not, that's fine too.

if it doesn't work out i'm interested in the hardback... just took too long to think about it, lol. Smile

ImSeeker

First come first served.If you want the hardback, contact me directly.

Dreamcat

First come first served.If you want the hardback, contact me directly.

Fair play! I´m happy with what I get. ^^

ImSeeker

At the moment, you're first.

Dreamcat

At the moment, you're first.

/*0*\ *dies*

Shadowfire

and i don't currently have the money (in about 2 weeks i will), so you'll probably get it before me, Dreamcat. congrats and enjoy! Smile

ImSeeker

Well, except for a French Version of Elfquest 1, I am now "sold out" - Dreamcat's items should go out in the morning.

Still, the French Version of Elfquest 1 is cool, if anyone is interested.

Do I still have some Elfquest items? You betcha. But they're not for sale. I will admit packaging and sending the Fantasy Quarterly 1 tonight was tough.

MultiMEDEA

Hi, Dan!

If you should ever come across any Ral Partha miniature kits you'd be willing to sell, I'd be a very interested customer. I'm asking you because you're one of the few sellers who checks back here with the Scroll on a regular basis. All the others seem to make one (and only one) post and then forgets about it. Boohoo

ImSeeker

I think the difference may be that I really have been selling what I consider to be treasures, and come to elfquest.com because I like it here. Some of the other sellers (I ASSUME) are just here to sell stuff, and if they don't get a quick response, it's just an abandoned message.

I'll keep an eye out for you.

Dreamcat

Everything arrived quickly and safely. The books are in perfect shape! Thank you very much!!