ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Let's make a Holt! - Three Moons Holt

Leanan

Welcome to Three Moons Holt!

In a world surrounded by three moons, four elf tribes live their lives. Are you a Go-Back, Glider, Marshtreader or Wavedancer at heart? All these tribes are looking for new members! You can come up with a character of your own or adopt an existing character.

Go-Backs live in the White Mountains, fighting trolls and the cold weather. They are led by their courageous chief Irda, Blood of Thirty-Six Chiefs.

Gliders live on a high cliff, under the mysterious tree Whisper-Catcher, along with their Giant Hawks and Flash-birds. Little preservers look after the elves. A dark past and violent conflicts shade the current relations in the tribe, and the old usurper-lord Elyro is being held prisoner by Lord Vel'hela and the tribe.

Marshtreaders are the snake-blooded tribe that peacefully co-exists with their friends and allies, the dolphin-blooded Wavedancers. The two tribes are separate, for while the Wavedancers travel with their dolphin pod, the Marshtreaders stay still in their Holt. But the tribes are inseparable, and it has come the time for the Wavedancers to again visit their friends.

Feel free to ask us any questions in this thread, and welcome to join the games at our forums! Smile

[/quote]

Tehaar

I like the idea! Right now I've been making up a Go-Back-like tribe in Mirrors' Lake, but I can see how the dragons in that world would be a turn-off for some players, so I'm also up for creating a whole new Holt.

In the other thread people are putting up a High Ones holt, but I'm afraid I know too little of High Ones to contribute to the world creation much. Smile Gliders are also something I'm not too familiar with, but if you get this idea going, I'm definitely up for some Go-Back planning.

Anyway, since I'm mostly using my creative energy at Mirrors' Lake right now, I can't promise I'll be very active in coming up with the whole world and setting, but if you get the idea going, I'm definitely up to designing adoptable characters, family relations or whatnot in the tribe.

Leanan

Yays! I think I want to get a group of people planning the tribe. Four or five at least. There should be lots of room left for making new characters, and the adoptables should be just templates that new players can edit.

So now it seems there will be Go-Backs. Or some elves very like Go-Backs.

If we don't get enough people interested then I'll just join Mirrors' Lake.

Xiu

I guess it depends on what happens, and where it is located and the like, but personally I'd like to try to get back into it; the last holt I joined, (which I think was a windriders holt, about five-six years ago (live action)) died off after about seven months and three sessions. I'm more of a writer anyhow so yeah, only question being, where would we host it?

Leanan

I'm in some freeforums communities, it seems to be a fairly good and reliable and above all free hosting option.

Xiu

which is why I ask where to host it, personally perhaps a site, or perhaps a group here on EQ forums themselves? If you found my group and joined in; its easy to make one :D

Leanan

Is it possible to make one like a roleplay forum? Where members could take turns posting?

Xiu

I think so, though I have mine set as I do with only sertain threads closed other open for posting in, etc, its easy to so. If oyul ike I can help you out with things.

I liek the idea of making a holt :D It would be great to try again

Leanan

Let's do this! Are you OK with a Go-Back tribe? (not the canon characters, our own characters) And yes, I'll need help setting up a group...

Xiu

two questions, does it have to be a singluar tribe? ( can we have an intermix? Say glider/go-back-plainscatrider? Wink ) Can it wait until i'm off work to begin ? Smile

Leanan

Since it's possible to have several topics in a group, yes, we could make several tribes. Glider - Go-Back - plainscatrider would work. We could start the stories of the tribes separate, so that they didn't know about each other. Then the tribes would meet and interact.

We could make a topic where only the group leader can post, to post the profiles of approved characters. I can be group leader unless you want to (maybe you have enough on your plate doing the Tree and Lobster stuff?). Or perhaps three topics, one for each tribe.

Xiu

Well, my muse likes ot take trips to other areas, so group leader wouldn't be too much trouble; heck sometimes my muse walks a LONG time before making ANY posts in the T&L group anyhow (the most recent post took almost four weeks to get into proper order)

Leanan

OK you can be group leader. Now all we need is a name for our Holt and you can make us a group!

Any name ideas?

I'm thinking along the lines of 'Three Tribes' Land', 'Three Moons Holt' (the world would have three moons), 'Three Paths Holt', 'Palace Quest Holt', etc...

Icemoon

YEHAY !
May I join ? May I ???

Leanan

Of course you may join! Yay

Let's start planning characters.

I want to play the Go-Back chieftess. Her name shall be Irda I think.

I will perhaps make another Go-Back character, and a glider, but not the Glider Lord.

The idea is to have the Lord/Chief of each tribe played by a different person, and that person is in charge of that part of the roleplay.

Icemoon

Yepee !!!
Oh, will there be a wavedancer (or sea elves) holt ?

*is thinking about a go back char ...*

Leanan

I think four tribes would be a bit too many to begin with. We can add a wavedancer tribe later if we get enough players.

Yay another Go-Back!

Icemoon

Okies !

so, my go back will be... Lysir !!
a female , I dunno whoo exactly yet ...

mahiloa

are you guys making a holt? If yes, can I join? (it sounds like fun!) Smile

Leanan

Yes, we're making a holt! We'll have Go-Backs, Gliders and Plainscatriders!

Icemoon

*giggle*

Icemoon

hey,maybe shall we create CIS for the characters bios , no ?

Leanan

Before makings a CIS, wait until we have the group running and I've written a CIS template. You can write something for your own reference, but I'd like all the CIS to be based on the same template.

Tynami

Sounds like fun, can I hop on board?

Leanan

Sure! Happy

Leanan

Anyone got a name suggestion for our Holt?

Tehaar

Will the tribe be called Go-Backs? Just out of curiosity! Since in the EQ lore I got the impression that the original Go-Backs changed their names since they wanted to go back to the Palace. I mean, I suppose it works as well as any other name. But just out of curiosity!

I'll think about joining the Holt, but I got the impression that the RP system is the same that I feel is so confusing in other Holts, so we'll see. Wink

Leanan

What is confusing about the RP system in other Holts? I'll see if we can make improvements for this one.

The Go-Back tribe will indeed be called Go-Backs, they will be at war with trolls and trying to reclaim the palace. They will live in a cold northern location with mountains, probably not called Frozen Mountains but similar, and they will ride stags. They will not have had any connections with other elf tribes when we begin the roleplay, nor will there immediately be a connection. I want us to roleplay Go-Backs being Go-Backs for a while, so we can all get a feel of what it feels like to be a Go-Back.

The Holt name should be something that encompasses all three tribes. You can make suggestions even if you're not planning to join us.

Tehaar

Ah, right! I didn't realize they were actually exactly like the Go-Backs, but that does make sense. Then it's definitely sensible to actually keep the same name too, hehe.

I just don't like the system where all the games happen in one thread, but I know I'm in a small minority with my opinion. Tongue

I liked your name suggestions a lot, Leanan. My favourites are 'Three Paths Holt' and 'Palace Quest Holt'. I think the second one might be even better, since it describes the Holt even more, for you do have a Palace Quest kind of setting going on.

Leanan

Yes. Basically they're a lot like the Go-Backs in ElfQuest would have been if they hadn't had Kahvi for a chief. Irda is a whole different personality with a different leadership style. Also, the history of Go-Backs in our Holt isn't connected to Wolfriders - there aren't any Wolfriders on the world at all. I think we shall leave the history of the Go-Back tribe mysterious for now, their oldest stories are from when they were wandering nomads who happened to feel the call of the Palace.

The Gliders will be called Gliders, unless whoever chooses to play the Glider Lord (who may be female if the player wants, Winnowill was called Lord too) decides on another name.

Plainscatriders is a long name. I wonder if Xiu has more ideas about that tribe? If it was just a random idea, and he doesn't want to plan it farther or play a plainscatrider character, we can replace plainscatriders with Wavedancers, which has also been suggested. But if Xiu specifically wants plainscatriders we'll go by that because he's the one making the group.

I see the group being ruled as a triumvirate, with the players of the three chiefs each being charge of a tribe and each doing whatever they're good at doing for the group.

As for roleplay - we'd have three topics at least, one for each tribe. And if a tribe is split in groups for a longer period of time (such as, part of the Go-Backs go to make war on trolls and part stay home), we could make separate topics. But I don't want to make separate topics for every time three elves go to another room. What do others think about one topic per tribe vs many topics, one for each time elves are in groups?

In the Holts I'm in, when we post it looks like this:

Quote:
Snowstream --> Clearriver, Treesinger, (Bittercup)

Snowstream smiled at Clearriver, then frowned at Treesinger's words. She didn't like how he talked about Windspirit... etc insert rest of post here.

Here, my character Snowstream is at the river with Treesinger and Clearriver. So on the top I write who is talking/acting, and then the names of all the others who are present to see, hear or otherwise witness what she says and does. Bittercup, a preserver, is spying on the elves. Because the elves don't know the preserver is there, its name is in brackets.

I think this is a fairly clear system. Also, with one topic per tribe it's easier to stay updated with what is going on elsewhere, for example if Snowstream was Recognized it would be useful for me to read all the posts and notice when her Recognized is injured, because she'd feel the pain too.

Icemoon

If you want, I can c reate a site for the holt, when all of that is finished Smile

Leanan

We were thinking about hosting it here on ElfQuest as a 'Group'. Xiu promised he'd make the group.

But of course we could also have a website, with pictures of the characters, as well as maps, stories, character profiles, and other info. Where were you thinking to host the website? Have you made any websites that you could show me for an example of what kind of websites you make?

Icemoon

I'ld do it on Weebly ... I'm actually building a doll site with the same thing , but I can't show anything for now !
It's just a very practice place to build free website ..

Leanan

Does it have pop-up ads? I hate any hosts with pop-up ads, other than that the hosting doesn't matter to me much.

Icemoon

no, it doesn't

Icemoon

and so, the name chosen is Palace Quest holt ? Or Three Paths holt ?

Leanan

I'll let Xiu make the final choice. I think he said he'll be back online on Monday. Also, if Xiu doesn't want to have a website or not one at that host, then we won't have one. I've been throwing ideas around but if Xiu makes the group, he has final veto-right on everything, even if he chooses not to roleplay a chief. I'm letting him take charge because he has experience of running a group on this website.

Icemoon

okay !
And if he doesn't want to have one on Weebly,there too is Webs ... Looks create good websites Smile

Leanan

I haven't made a website in ages (I made one so long ago I used html for it) so I really don't know much about the hosts.

I'm just happy letting other people do the work. Hey, Moonycoffee, do you still want me to write you a comic script?

Icemoon

a comic script ?
YES !
More than ever !
:D

Leanan

I'll get it done soon... tomorrow maybe. Or at least the first stage, which is translating a story so you can read it and decide if you want to draw it.

Xiu

I'd much rather perfer making the ho9lt on here, like the T&L group area is created, if you guys like I think I could start it off, just let me know the title we want?

*is thinknig of a Plainscat Rider character*

Oh also wantedto aplogize as well due to work, ended up staying at the office and not getting anywhere near a computer until now

Tynami

I kinda like Three Paths, sounds like fun.

Leanan

I've decided. We'll be called The Palace Quest Holt.

I like Three Paths too but I decided we'd better not pick a name with Three in it, because we might add a fourth tribe later if things go well. At the moment it seems this fourth tribe would be Wavedancers.

Xiu, would you like to play the Plainscatrider tribe chief? Even if you won'r play the chief, I'm 'appointing' you in charge of designing the Plainscatrider tribe. I'll take charge of designing the Go-Back tribe. Do we have any volunteers for designing the Glider tribe?

I'll try to get tribe info and a CIS template for Go-Backs written as soon as possible.

Oh and sorry if I act too bossy, Xiu is the group boss but I have people in my head and they won't shut up and one of them is Kahvi.

Icemoon

Okay ! Go for Palace's quest ^^
*is all excited*

Xiu

Quote:

I've decided. We'll be called The Palace Quest Holt.

I like Three Paths too but I decided we'd better not pick a name with Three in it, because we might add a fourth tribe later if things go well. At the moment it seems this fourth tribe would be Wavedancers.

Xiu, would you like to play the Plainscatrider tribe chief? Even if you won'r play the chief, I'm 'appointing' you in charge of designing the Plainscatrider tribe. I'll take charge of designing the Go-Back tribe. Do we have any volunteers for designing the Glider tribe?

I'll try to get tribe info and a CIS template for Go-Backs written as soon as possible.

Oh and sorry if I act too bossy, Xiu is the group boss but I have people in my head and they won't shut up and one of them is Kahvi.

1) I like that too, I take it we have, lets see,,,,, seven members wanting to join us?

2) I'm thinknig adding another tribe as we get mor members would work best, for all I know we'd have one PCR*, two GB*s and a GL*, heck we might even have all GBs and a single PCR

3) I'm more of a chiefs son or daughter type of player myself, though I can give the chief a voice if need be, so sure I think I can do the PCR chiefy

4) From what I know PCR have pretty much zero info for them as what they do, length of aging, etc We'd be making mosto f that up

5) Bossy is OK, at least you have Kahvi, i'm stuck with Fanm at least G0lden has Repli....

I assume now we place it here on EQ forums under groups? The Palace Questors would make for a good group title though, but we know what we truly are within the group I would think yes?

Leanan

Quote:

1) I like that too, I take it we have, lets see,,,,, seven members wanting to join us?

Yes, but we can recruit more after we're done making the info stuff.

Quote:
2) I'm thinknig adding another tribe as we get mor members would work best, for all I know we'd have one PCR*, two GB*s and a GL*, heck we might even have all GBs and a single PCR

I'm willing to make several characters, I've recently quit a Holt where I had 7 elves or so.

Quote:
3) I'm more of a chiefs son or daughter type of player myself, though I can give the chief a voice if need be, so sure I think I can do the PCR chiefy

OK, you can make a profile for the chief and play him/her when s/he is needed in the roleplay, and then later if you get bored of playing the chief someone else can adopt the character.

Quote:
4) From what I know PCR have pretty much zero info for them as what they do, length of aging, etc We'd be making mosto f that up

Yes, it's all up to you, what kind of cats, do you want them to have feline blood in them, etc. If they have feline blood they'll be like wolfriders only with felines, if they don't have feline blood the cats will be to them what Bond Birds are to Gliders or Stags to Go-Backs - they couldn't send to them for example, it'd have to be vocal and touch commands.

Quote:
5) Bossy is OK, at least you have Kahvi, i'm stuck with Fanm at least G0lden has Repli....

I have hundreds of people in my brain. It gets annoying sometimes.

Quote:
I assume now we place it here on EQ forums under groups? The Palace Questors would make for a good group title though, but we know what we truly are within the group I would think yes?

Yes, here under groups and the title is 'Palace Quest Holt', please. Thank you, Xiu.

Xiu

I forgot to mention what the letters meant....

PCR = Plainscatrider
GB = Go-Backs
GL = Gliders (AKA Windancers as they are called by the PCR)
WD = Wavedancers (AKA Waterdrinkers by PCR) Smile

Icemoon

*giggle*
It's advancing fast and well !
=D

I'm hinking of having at least one char per tribe... for now Wink
Hey, may I play the WD's chief ? *puppy eyes*

Leanan

Um, Moonycoffee, we're not making a WD tribe yet. Unless we can't find anyone to be Glider Lord, then I guess we'll replace Gliders with Wavedancers.

Icemoon

XD

Sorry, I musunderstood :p

Leanan

Wanna be Glider Lord instead?

Icemoon

Hmmm... Why not ?! :D

Leanan

OK, do you want to make up info for the Glider tribe, or do you want someone else to do that and you'll just play the Lord character? Also, do you want to be in charge of the part of the roleplay involving gliders? Also, how much experience do you have of running a roleplay or being part of one?

Xiu

Oki doki, Palace Quest Holt it is, give me about a half hour to get it set up and the rankings assessed guys; gotta help Kathy with dinner picking Smile

Icemoon

Quote:
"Leanan
OK, do you want to make up info for the Glider tribe, or do you want someone else to do that and you'll just play the Lord character? Also, do you want to be in charge of the part of the roleplay involving gliders?

It's okay for me Smile
I think I'll be able to have those responsabilities ... But If I do something wrong, please, just don't hesit to tell me !

Quote:
Also, how much experience do you have of running a roleplay or being part of one?

I don't have muuuuch experience: It makes 2years that I roleplay, in differents holts.
But I think I understood the bases : In the Shadow Wolf, I helped the Master with a few things.

BUt that style of holt will be so different,as it's in a group

Xiu

its not much different; there'll still be two people in charge, in this case I assume myself and Leanan are onboard as game masters or Holt Masters, which ever you perfer, though Gm sounds more perferable, never been a HM before....

Its really actually simpler then one things, if you've been in a holt before, it'd be about the same if you know of forum based online roleplaying yeah, its about the same Smile

Leanan

Okay, I appoint you in charge of designing the glider tribe.

Basics: Gliders all have gliding magic, with maybe a few individual exceptions. For these exceptions most rooms in glider dwellings should be accessible also to non-gliders. Gliders may have other magics. You may limit magic use per character, or you may decide to give nearly unlimited opportunity, as long as we don't end up having a whole tribe of Winnowills and Aureks. Gliders are immortal and do not have animal blood. They may or may not have Bond Birds, which may be giant hawks, but if you want to use a different type of bird feel free.

It is up to you to set the mood for the glider tribe. Do they live in a big enclosed mountain? Do they live on top of a mountain or cliff? Inside caves in a vertical cliff face? Somewhere North, near the Go-Backs? South, in a desert? On the plains? In a forest? Next to an ocean? Etc... pick and choose.

Also, the Glider Lord may be male or female, cruel or kind, warlike or peaceful, young or old, wise or foolish, forgetful, or a Mother of Memory.

I shall make a glider character who will be the Lord's advisor. If you like he/she can be the Lord's lovemate, too. I think the advisor will be a firstborn of the High Ones. Would you prefer a male or female advisor?

I know a lot about Gliders, I was Winnowill in a Blue Mountain roleplay once. I also made up a tribe of Gliders and non-gliders called the Hawkriders once. They were basically a mix of gliders and go-backs with hawk blood.

Xiu

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Palace Quest Holt has been created, soon as Leanan joins in I can set you up rightly then we're all good Smile

I'll get to work on the PCR tribe and the like; oh and I almost forget again!! I have an old CIS for the Lost Ravens Holt I was part of a long time ago (1998-9), its a fairly simple thing, I think we can tweak it if needed yes?

Leanan

That'd be great for the CIS thanks! *goes to join the Holt*

Icemoon

Quote:

It is up to you to set the mood for the glider tribe. Do they live in a big enclosed mountain? Do they live on top of a mountain or cliff? Inside caves in a vertical cliff face? Somewhere North, near the Go-Backs? South, in a desert? On the plains? In a forest? Next to an ocean? Etc... pick and choose.

Also, the Glider Lord may be male or female, cruel or kind, warlike or peaceful, young or old, wise or foolish, forgetful, or a Mother of Memory.

I shall make a glider character who will be the Lord's advisor. If you like he/she can be the Lord's lovemate, too. I think the advisor will be a firstborn of the High Ones. Would you prefer a male or female advisor?

I know a lot about Gliders, I was Winnowill in a Blue Mountain roleplay once. I also made up a tribe of Gliders and non-gliders called the Hawkriders once. They were basically a mix of gliders and go-backs with hawk blood.

For the advisor, I'ld prefer a male Smile

For the rest, I'll take the time to think a bit more, I wan't it to be a good place !! Smile

Xiu

we got the place, so if you guys want I can make three topics, one for the PCR, one for the GB and one for the Gl? that way we can have their information in the right places.

Leanan

Ok, a male advisor, his name shall be... Ekorr (that's actually squirrel in swedish but that's beside the point. It sounds nice and I like squirrels. Especially the one that almost killed Cutter, I love that squirrel. Don't get me wrong, Cutter is nice, but I loved the random encounter with a squirrel, that kind of thing only happens in ElfQuest, when I write a random encounter I tend to use velociraptors.)

Three topics sounds good. Thanks, Xiu.

Xiu

I know why you like squirrels.... and no, not because they're cute... Wink

This is Chief Whackedoutfromdrinkingtoomuchathispromotionparty; signing to the group to start up the topics as requested!!

Leanan

No, you don't know why I like squirrels. I had one for a pet once. True story.

Icemoon

KYA !
Squirrels are too cute <3
How lucky you are, lea !!!!!

Xiu

Quote:

No, you don't know why I like squirrels. I had one for a pet once. True story.

Actually yes I do know why yuu like them..... you're nuts :D but we love ya anyhow!

Leanan

Nuts don't like squirrels, nuts get eaten by squirrels. But I did once win the title of a Pistachio.

Tynami

I've got tons of extra elves i can throw in there if anyone wants them. it's always fun making new ones :D

Did I miss where the side forum was? (kinda out of it today)

Leanan

Go to Explore in the top menu of this page. Where it says Dashboard Profile etc, there's also Explore. Under that menu you'll find Groups. And when you click that, you'll get a page with groups, the one on top is ours, unless someone goes and makes a new group which will then go on top. Says Palace Quest Holt on it, anyways. I'll put a link in my signature if it lets me.

Icemoon

I'm working on the gliders infos. Will be posted tomorrow, I think Smile

Tynami

Found it! Didn't even realize that button was there :D

Icemoon

finally, I posted for the Gliders, hope you'll like the place !
It's still a bit nder construction, but you've the idea in big

Leanan

OK, so now we have Glider and Go-Back infos, I still need to write a Go-Back CIS base.

Leanan

Updated first post with link and current info.

Xiu

little more info for the PCR entery for first post; they're long lived due ot their catblood (the oldest a plainscat got was 200, but I can tweak this bit of info a bit Smile)

Leanan

Added your new info to first post. If Icemoon has something to add on the Gliders I can add that too.

Leanan

Due to internal conflict, I have left the Palace Quest Holt. I'm letting Xiu keep the forum group and in return, I am hijacking this thread for my new Holt. If Xiu has a complaint, he is free to bring it up with the admins of this website, I would like it to be noted however that I only left his group because he was being offensive towards gay people.

I would like it also to be noted that I made this thread, and that I am not taking into my new Holt anything that Xiu could say is created by him - characters, world info, anything. I'm using the idea of three moons, true, but I designed the moons, although it was Xiu's idea to have three of them. I'm sure no court would recognize 'a planet with three moons' as an idea subject to copyright laws. It's been done many times.

Leanan

http://threemoonsholt.freeforums.org/index.php

Quidam

Leanan, I'm up for a new Holt! I wanna join!

Leanan

Click on the link in the post above and join the forum! Smile

Quidam

Hooray!

Leanan

Icemoon has been promoted to admin and global moderator in Three Moons Holt. Congrats. Yay

Quidam

Man, this is going to be so much fun! Way to go IceMoon!

Leanan

...I'd have promoted her sooner but I couldn't figure out how to promote people. >.< *is kinda new to using freeforums*

Quidam

That's okay. Forums are confusing.

Leanan

Yeah they are, and it's been a while since I was forum admin last time.

Quidam

How many people have joined already?

Leanan

We have 6 members. More would be nice! If you know anyone looking for a Holt, feel free to advertise ours. There will be a third tribe added, when we decide which tribe to add.

Quidam

Another tribe? Sweet! Can we suggest some ideas and stuff?

Leanan

Yes, there's a topic about it in the offtopic section of the holt forum.

Quidam

Okay.

And is IceMoon gone or something? I haven't got a note about me being accepted.

Leanan

She said she'd be very busy this week.

Quidam

Quote:

She said she'd be very busy this week.

Oh, okay.

Icemoon

BAAAAAAAAAACK
So sorry, guys !

SO.
Mockery D: I haven't received any IS from you could you send it again ?

Quidam

Quote:

BAAAAAAAAAACK

So sorry, guys !

SO.

Mockery D: I haven't received any IS from you could you send it again ?

Sure thing! I'm resending it now

Icemoon

Hey, lea, was wondering: are you sure I'm a moderator, now ? 'cause I don't see anything changed between before and now

Leanan

It didn't work? I did change the settings but maybe I made a mistake.

Icemoon

Ah ? It works, now ! My name's now red ^^

Leanan

Yeah I found out where I made a mistake. On the bottom of the page there should be a new link called Administration Control Panel. To use it you have to type your password again. I'll try to teach you how to make changes in the forums, but I'm still learning it myself.

NEXT PAGE