ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

RP Holt characters & Other EQ drawings

Tehaar

I thought I'd share these pictures that I drew of Mirrors' Lake Holt characters. I hope you like them! Smile

Here are some of the current residents of the Holt: Dawnsong, Reko (my character), Dragonwing, Shaper and Tayeelo.

These are Lynx and her son, Coltsfoot.

Drawn by hand and coloured in Photoshop, in case someone is interested. Tongue

WolfMoonSky

AWSOME Tehaar!!!! You draw pretty cool elf's!!! I love the last on of Lynx and Coltsfoot!!!Luvlove

Sofia

Epically awesome pictures, as I've already said :D

You're really quick when it comes to drawing I must say and yes, that's a compliment. It's always fun to see other people's take on your characters (Dragonwing and Tayeelo are mine) and now we have a nice welcome picture for the website!

Love the way you use colors by the way!

Embala

Great pictures, Tehaar! The elves in the group picture are looking very individual. Dawnsong seems to be a little shy, Reko is just friendly, Tayeelo has a very funny expression and I don't wish to argue with Shaper. Dragonwing is inviting - her hearty welcome makes me forget her threatinging wings ... awesome wings and color!

Little Coltsfoot is adorable! And I just love the look and the expression of his mother. They feel so alive ... Gorgeous!

Haven't you posted picturs before? I thought there shold be others in the thread already ...

Tehaar

Thanks WolfMoonSky, and Sofia! I've been sick for a few days now and I have way too much time to draw and watch movies, heh. I guess drawing is the more productive option!

And thanks for the comments, Embala. I tried to get everyone's facial features just right, and I'm glad they look like they're supposed to. :D Many thanks!

I guess I did have an old thread here somewhere, I completely didn't realize I should have posted in that one! Should the old one be removed? I don't mind if it is, and I'll post new stuff into this one from now on. Thanks for the heads up!

Tehaar

This is my character, Chaldan, from another RP Holt, the Three Moons Holt.

Embala

Wow ... you are fast! He's a tough one ... love his look. Nice fluffy fur, pretty hair and a characteristic expression again.

Only one thing - the ear is much too close to the eye.

btw: Guess I found some of the "missing" art in the Mirrors' Lake Holt Smile ... still missing some, tho.

Tehaar

Haha, being sick at home has its perks. Wink Loads of time to draw!

I see what you mean about the ear. It does look quite odd. Oh well, I'll remember to pay attention to that in the next drawing! Glad to hear you like the hair-do. I was quite struggling, trying to decide how to make his hair look.

Check my galleries, maybe the rest of the missing art is there. Tongue

WolfMoonSky

Oh wow!!! I'm starting to love Chaldan!!Luvlove Awsome art Tehaar!!Happy

Tehaar

Haha, that's great to hear, WolfMoonSky! Grin Chaldan's looking so mean because the trolls killed his lifemate. Maybe someone can cheer him up, poor ol' bugger. The picture of his daughter is on its way!

Eregyrn

Really nice stuff! You get a great sense of character off these. And the linework and coloring are really great.

Tehaar

Thank you, Sgaana! I'm glad to hear they look different from each other. I try to pay attention to making them look like individuals. Happy if it works! Wink

And here is Chaldan's daughter Kayda:

She isn't anyone's character yet, so she's up for adoption!

WolfMoonSky

AWWW beautifull!!!! I love her hair and clothes!!!Luvlove

Tehaar

Thanks, especially on the feedback about her clothes! I wasn't 100% sure if the clothes design was a success or not, but now I'm feeling it was. Grin

Sofia

Really like Chaldan and Kayda! You're good at making your characters look like individuals and their clothes always look so unique, yet practical - they suit their environment, so to speak.

Damn, I'm so tempted to join the Palace Quest Holt, but I really haven't the time *wishful sigh* Yes, I'm a total Holt addict.

Delhya

Love Kayda's Freckles makes her loveable.

Embala

Joining Sofia - Kayda's well succeeded!

Sofia

Quote:

Joining Sofia - Kayda's well succeeded!
Huh?
Edit: Oh, now I get. Never mind me, I'm tired.

Xiu

All of a sudden I wonder what Chisa will look like.... after all I do have listed in the Holt that PCR look asian, and their ears have a odd feline look to them, (though not overley pointed mind you in the sense of really long pointed Smile)

Tehaar

Many thanks for the comments again!

And Sofia, I so know what you mean about the Holt addiction. Can't wait to get a game going for Chaldan, since RP'ing only one elf just isn't enough. I could be posting all the time. Tongue

Delhya, I'm pretty happy with the freckles, thanks! I'm glad I thought of adding them, they do make her cuter. Grin

Xiu, is Chisa your PCR character? I'd need more details to know how s/he's supposed to look, though. Like skin colour, hair style, clothes.

Xiu

oh that's easy, and yes Chisais my PCR character, her father Chief Whack iskindalike myself, but more serious... ( OMG!! )

As for what she looks like is simple, asian in appearance, tall to about average human in hight, slightly furred ears, white eyes, sunbleached sand gray hair, then the basic Plains Elf outfit.

Though if you're in the mood to draw some swords i might have a few somewhere you can copy from........

Tehaar

Hehe, I'm dreadful at drawing weapons, so I think it'll be a very peaceful portrait. The thing is, though, I have no idea of what a basic Plains Elf outfit would look like. What style of clothing do they wear?

Xiu

sometimes really thick stuff, butmsotly sand colored clothing, normally their faces arecovered to protect from sand storms and the like, so only their eyes would be seen , but when not in such conditions, rpetty much a basic tank top and leggings,almost allgo barefoot as their feet have leather pads like their mounts Smile

goodluck

Tehaar

All right, Xiu! I'll give it a try after Easter, when I'm back home where I have all my drawing equipment. Smile I'm also working on a picture of Chaldan's lifemate and Kayda's mother, Asta. It's a bit of a sadder picture, though...

Anyways, see you guys after Easter! Wink

Tehaar

This is Asta, Chaldan's lifemate and Kayda's mother. Dying. Aww the sadness. Unhappy A bigger version is available in my gallery. And sorry for the super sloppy background, heh.

Badger

Awwwwww! Your latest drawing is soooooo sad. Unhappy And the arrow just sticks to the ... Awwww! Boohoo ...By the way, I think she could need a little more shadow under her. Now she looks like she's on a cloud.

I like the drawings you have here, nice and detailed pics with rich colours. Smile

WolfMoonSky

Aww So sad!!!Boohoo Why did she had to die!? Love the drawing, it's beautifull!!

Sofia

No, Asta! Your lifemate is going to be so sad Unhappy

Oh well, that's what makes roleplays interesting isn't Wink

Embala

Asta's picture is wonderful - wonderful sad.

You call it a "super-sloppy" background ... Badger sees a cloud (comprehensible) ... I see a "mystic" touch. It's the moment she is dying - the snowy environtment becomes blurred - she feels like floating - the moment before her spirit leaves for the Palace.

Tehaar

Thank you for the comments, everyone! I'll try to draw a happier picture next time, hehe.

I'm glad to get feedback of the background too, even though I made it in about 2 minutes. Wink I guess it does look more like a cloud than snow, but I like your interpretation, Embala. Positive thinking! (I'm usually too lazy with backgrounds, I should practice more.) But now that you said so, it does give a mystic touch, I think.

And Sofia, Chaldan is indeed devastated! And so is poor Kayda, but she's taking it a bit better than her father. Now on to design my Glider, and to draw Xiu's elf!

Tehaar

Here's a Glider for a change! Waheeda is her name. From Three Moons Holt. Smile

WolfMoonSky

Oh my.....Awsome!!! love the colors!!!Luvlove

Embala

She's beautiful - and cheerful Wink

Love her braid and the "sparkling" top.

Tehaar

Thank you again! I tried to make her clothes a bit "Chosen Eight" since she's a hunter/warrior, but I didn't want exact the same look. I think the lighter colours work nicely.

I tried to give her a bit of an anxious look, but that is indeed Waheeda's happy face. Grin

Tehaar

Now some black and white drawings, because I don't have time to colour them any time soon... maybe you'll enjoy just the line art too. These are again characters from Three Moons Holt. Smile

My view on Elyro, Sofia's character.

Onna, Chaldan's sister and Kayda's aunt. An adoptable character! Wink

A nameless Go-Back child, adoptable!

Embala

Like your new drawings. Tehaar ... awesome Glider ... taff girl ... cute child. Would love to see them here in your thread!

Your album doesn't allow commenting ... :/

Tehaar

Thank you, Embala! Glad you like them. I actually haven't drawn anything EQ-related since I last posted here... high time to get around to it again!

I'm not sure how to fix the commenting in my album, though... I couldn't find a setting for the comments, but I see a comment box in the pictures. Oh well, I'll keep posting them here anyway. Smile

Embala

Okay ... now I don't understand anything anymore *blinks* Your drawings havn't shown in your thread when I posted my comment! Really - not showing! And I don't get any comment box for the album pics! Headbang

Okay ... at least concerning comment box I have an idea how to mend it for me ...

Tehaar

Really? Are they showing now?

Do others see them? If yes/no, please comment. Tongue I hope I didn't mess up the links somehow! I can see them just fine, but maybe my browser is just loading them from temp files. We shall investigate... In any case, if someone doesn't see the pictures, they are also available in my Drawings album.

Embala

Don't worry, they are showing fine. And I havn't meant that the pics were not showing (like in broken links) - your whole post wasn't there! That's why I asked you to post it in your thread.

I swear !!!

btw: NOW the comment box shows for me Wink Must be something in your settings that says "show only for friends" / "allow only friends" or something like this.

Sofia

Wow, what a perfect way to end a day! Such great new pictures and I love your take on Elyro :D You really can't tell he's a complete bastard Wink

Hope someone adopts the other two soon - the lovely drawings should be encouraging!

Tehaar

Embala, wow, that is weird! But glad that it's all fixed now. I tried to set my album to as public as possible, but maybe I messed that up. Oh well, I'll be happy with the comments in my thread instead of the album, so I won't touch the settings. Might just set them all wrong, haha.

Glad to hear you like my take on Elyro, Sofia! I tried to follow the character description as closely as I could. :D

Tehaar

Here's another one, still black and white and not a Holt character this time:

Eyes-High and her wolf cub. (Pencil line art.)

Sofia

Yay, more pretty pictures!

Tehaar

Some more line art elves from Three Moons Holt!

High Tide (my character), Ripple (adoptable) and baby Sea Mist (adoptable).

Tehaar

Just added colour!

Tehaar

Now with a name and some colour - Cera, from Three Moons Holt. She is an adoptable character!

And this one hasn't been posted before in black and white, so an all new Go-Back - Cera's sister Vella, my character.

Tehaar

My Glider character Ramora in black and white... You know from which Holt. Tongue

Night_Tanem

:-O Love these, they are so detailed. I love that you commented, I can't go true all the art threads seen as there are so many but I'm glad I found this one. Why did you stop posting?

Vaeri

very nice! a good original style of doing art.^^ and your coloring style is really nice too! good shading, especially on the hair and the highlights

Tam

Come post more art, @Tehaar! ;)

Embala

I remember that I've seen those last ones before ... and commented? Not sure at all ...
Very sure that your art work is awesome and that this thread was a treat to review. Night and Vaeri said it so well ... I add my plea to Tam's.

WolfCandy

Embala said: Very sure that your art work is awesome and that this thread was a treat to review. Night and Vaeri said it so well ... I add my plea to Tam's.

Seconding this! :D

Dreamcat

Woah! Your cartoon style looks good! Yes please, do more!!

Tehaar

Ooh, haha! These are still here! :D And these are so old...! I didn't realize I actually had an art thread and that the pictures are here. They must be hosted on Elfquest.com because otherwise I don't know how they're still up.

Thank you for the comments everyone, I'm glad you like my old stuff! It's been long since I drew anything like this. I do think Embala has commented on these before, they used to be in my profile gallery at the old website.

I haven't been around this forum in a long time, nor have I drawn, so that's why I haven't posted anything. How funny it feels to see these character designs. They were mostly made just before the RP Holt died. I don't think I ever actually RP'd Vella even though I seem to have named her as "my character". :P I think if I'd have RP'd with her, I'd remember her better... she was a feisty one, "small but peppery" like we say in Finnish.

Here are two newer pictures that I made to practise with watercolours on my summer vacation. :)

WolfCandy

Those are absolutely gorgeous! Watercolour is amazing when the artist actually knows how to use it well!

Vaeri

woah! your style got better! a bit more realistic..very nice! though the faces seem a bit big...the watercolor is nice. i've never been able to figure out how to watercolor XD

Tehaar

Vaeri, oh but you're right about the faces! I guess that's where their slightly horsey look comes from... :P Thanks for the feedback! I drew these without reference, and that's difficult for me since I've had such a long break from drawing. I've forgotten all my routines!

Glad to hear you both think I did okay with the watercolours. I think they're very difficult to work with, but also fun! I've only painted a few pictures with watercolours so there's still a lot to learn.

WolfCandy

You did that without reference and not a lot of watercolour experience??? *jaw drops*

Vaeri

hey, if this is how you do fresh from a long break, you're doing pretty fantastic! i can only imagine how much better you'll get with a reference and more practice.^^

Tehaar

Thank you for the encouragement, both of you! :) Here's another drawing I did this week:

The colours scanned a bit wonky, but I think I managed to tweak them at least close to the original picture. The original is A4 size and I figured I should at least make some effort with the background, even if it's still a simple one. I just find that I'm much more interested in drawing characters and people than anything else. Maybe I'm also a teensy bit lazy. ;)

WolfCandy

Tehaar said: I just find that I'm much more interested in drawing characters and people than anything else. Maybe I'm also a teensy bit lazy.

I'm exactly the same lol :P

I love your style! And the colouring is beautiful in this one too! So vibrant and strong, but soft and not too intense :D

Moonmoss

Lovingly crafted "old-fashioned plate-style" picture- I was looking for his name in a scroll there. What medium do you use when you colour the pictures? Ink pens? Watercolours? The result is so beautiful and versatile!

Embala

How could I've missed this? 8-> You've added awesome new art, Tehaar!

Tehaar said: I do think Embala has commented on these before, they used to be in my profile gallery at the old website.
My old problem ... I see what I like very much, want to return ... and get distracted. *shame*

The redhead has a very realistic look - very "alive". Characteristic features and catching green eyes and sensitive ... the freckles make him "commen" and loveable. I like his towseled hair and the small braid. The clothing is functional and just a bit playful with the toothed edges.

Love the Sunmaiden's smirk. Wonders whether she's inviting someone. ;) The moth fabric curtain makes a good contrast. Amazing shading of the skin.

It's wonderful to see classic coloring. It becomes rare. Watercolors are definitely a medium that suits you, Tehaar.
Vaeri said: hey, if this is how you do fresh from a long break, you're doing pretty fantastic! i can only imagine how much better you'll get with a reference and more practice.^^
Second this!

Now I want to know who this guy is ... maybe even a chief? Great outfit design - this tribe has an imaginative tanner with love for her work. ;) The differrent elements complement each other harmonically and the colors mirror his forest home. I love how you made the leather look soft and smooth and the spotted pattern.
The background adds a lot to the mood. It puts him in context without taking away attention from the character.

I hope you have time to do more, have fun with it ... and share it with us at times.

Vaeri

he kinda looks like an older version of an NPC introduced in my holt...XD

Tehaar, are you stil interesting in becoming part of High Cove, or not really..?

Tehaar

Thanks all for the kind comments!

WolfCandy, I'm glad to hear the colouring is pleasant to look at - it's a learning process for me!

Moonmoss, I suppose you're right that this only misses the name on a scroll. :D I do the line art with inks and colour with watercolours at the moment. Sometimes I work with other media, but right now I'd like to learn to use watercolours better. I'm glad you like the result!

Embala, again thank you for your thoughtful comments. :) I made an updated version of the redhead, to experiment how I'd like him to look - maybe even more common look this time!? And I suppose the Sunmaiden is inviting someone to play, haha.

I sort of drew the chieftain 'just because', so he has no story... Glad to hear that the picture tells a story of its own.

Vaeri said:
he kinda looks like an older version of an NPC introduced in my holt...XD

Maybe this can be the character's story then... hehe. Sadly I abandoned the idea of another Holt for now, though! I decided that I don't want another one with Wavedancers, but they do seem to be pretty popular in the different holts. ;)

Anyway, on to the new picture... Redhead redone:

Sofia

Love these two colorful pictures! They both have so much personality, though in different ways.

A bit sad that I can't seem to load the previous images you've posted and I can't access your gallery. Did you take down those pictures?

Tehaar

I think that's because of Elfquest.com. The pictures were hosted in the old forum gallery and they only disappeared pretty recently. No idea what happened, probably has something to do with the renewed site. :-S I probably have them saved somewhere, but not online.

Either way, many thanks for the comments. I should try to draw some more at some point. :)

Tehaar

Here's a new character of mine, Bane. :)