ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

no active holts?

psychosarah999

i've been looking to join a holt so i looked in the link called active Holts and found one i really liked called river twine Holt but the postings are from 2009 Grrrrrrrrr! its driving me crazy ahhhhhhh............................... OK better now but still need help. Smile *chuckle*

Eregyrn

The postings are from 2009??? At the River Twine Holt website? o_O

Can you describe what you're looking at, exactly? Where you're seeing the 2009 date, and so on?

Because on the website's front page, the "News" section shows that two stories were posted today. Generally, since RTH is a group that "plays" not by RPG, but by producing stories and artwork, we have new stuff posted every week or so. (With a little more activity on a daily or every few days basis on our forum.)

Vojira

River Twine Holt is a very active place. Has great art and great stories. Pretty much the reason I actually became a member. New stuff always shows up. One of the best Holts around.

Eregyrn

By the way: for a good survey of all of the holts that are active out there at the moment, take a look at the "Holt Status Survey" thread that I posted yesterday here:
http://www.elfquest.com/social/index.php?do=/forum/-41/holt-status-survey-active-inactive-closed-etc-march-2011/view_518494/

All of the groups listed in the top section are active.

Trollbabe

Thank you, Eregyrn, for all the work you put into this list! Maybe you will get updates from holt members or administrators.

Eregyrn

I've already gotten a few replies that helped me refine the list a bit from what got posted yesterday. Smile (I emailed a few admins, and have heard back from some.)

psychosarah999

Thank you for your help i am glad that they are still active. i must have went to the wrong place.

i'm not much of an artist but i love to write so i was hoping that i could find a Holt and either create my own character based on the Holt or take on one already existing.

i would prefer to describe my character and have one of you wonderful artists create her for me.

i love elfquest and enjoy writeing so i am excited to have the chance to write with a group to see what others think of it.

psychosarah999

is river twine holt accepting people at this time?

Eregyrn

Hi again!

River Twine doesn't have any openings at the moment, as we are a group with adoptables-only, and right now all our characters are owned.

But, if you're interested in creating your own character, you might look into the World of Danen. It has a thread here, and I know that ElfTanner has been looking for enthusiastic people who want to be active in it! (Also, I think that in Danen, unlike at River Twine, you can own more than one character -- so you could create your own, but also possibly adopt some of the existing ones.)

Or, take a look at the list here:

http://www.elfquest.com/social/index.php?do=/forum/-41/holt-status-survey-active-inactive-closed-etc-march-2011/view_518494/

Any group included in the top "Active" section is worth looking into. Links to their websites are included in that list.

psychosarah999

i was looking at them and im just not sure if i want to join any of them...... what i need is an artist to do the pictures while i do the story or a couple of artists and a couple of writers.

i dunno.........i just wanna write story's and i want to create characters but i'm not good at drawling people but i would rather do it on this site

Eregyrn

Well, I think the questions to ask yourself are: what do you want most, and what's the best place to do what you want? How much independence do you want for what you want to do?

-- If you really want to write stories and create your own characters, you should look for a group that allows that (like Danen, Three Holts Alliance, or WorldPaths; or check out Three Moons, in this section). Most of them will have artists who participate, who may be willing to team up with you.

-- If you want to write stories and create your own characters, and be able to write in your own version of the world (rather than a group's established version), you might just consider starting your own fanfic thread in the Fanart & Fanfic section here. You can always post to ask if there are artists who would be willing to draw up your characters for you.

-- If you want to work with other writers and artists, without joining any of the existing groups, you could try to start a small group that is based right here. (Most of the groups already discussed don't have their activity based in this forum at all.) Post about your intentions, and invite folks to join in. Or see if there are others with the same idea -- I think some people mentioned the idea of running a group here, and maybe its activity is in the Fanart/Fanfic section, or in the blogs on this site, I don't know.

Leanan

There is one active Holt in the groups section of this forum. It's called Palace Quest Holt, but I only recommend it for homophobic straight people.

Vojira

Quote:
but I only recommend it for homophobic straight people.

Pfffff I love you.

Leanan

I LUV YA TOO VOJIRA! *glomphugs*

psychosarah999

lol well i'm probably not strait enough for them Laugh

psychosarah999

thanks Eregyrn i will probably do that i already posted a character and asked for help from artists.

i got one pic it was good but not quite right

Eregyrn

Quote:

There is one active Holt in the groups section of this forum. It's called Palace Quest Holt, but I only recommend it for homophobic straight people.

o_O Well, that definitely suggests that it would still be a viable plan for someone to start up some kind of group here in the forums (or blogs or groups or whatever), just to offer some variety/an alternative. There's no reason there shouldn't be more than one, anyway. (Here or anywhere else.)

Tehaar

River Twine Holt is writing/drawing kind of a holt, isn't it?

What I wanted to ask, are there any equally active RP holts? Maybe some that would take new members any time. Tongue