ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Help with quoting

ceruleanblue

Hi, can someone please help me with quotes? I'm trying to quote one post multiple times in my response. I want to take one post, quote one line, respond to it, then move on to another line from the same post, respond to that, and so on.

Nothing I seem to be doing works. Is there an instruction "manual" for the forum? I tried googling it, but there seems to be so many forum types. What is the name of the forum type that the Scroll uses?

Please help! Thanks!

Trollbabe

I'm not sure I've ever tried that, but I know what you are talking about. It could be done with a great deal of cutting, copying and trimming, but there hs to be an easier way.

Vojira

I've tried, but the multi quote button doesn't seem to work...

ceruleanblue

yeah, I did the cut and paste thing. Maybe that is the only way to do it. I thought perhaps there might be a button for it, but maybe not.

Embala

Quote:

Hi, can someone please help me with quotes?

As Trollbabe mentioned - all that seems to help in this case is good old handwork. Quote it one time and then copy the code from start and end at the beginning and the end of the line you want to post ...

Quote:

I'm trying to quote one post multiple times in my response. I want to take one post, quote one line, respond to it, then move on to another line from the same post, respond to that, and so on.
... copying it with the number code shows WHO is quoted ...

Quote:
Nothing I seem to be doing works. Is there an instruction "manual" for the forum? I tried googling it, but there seems to be so many forum types. What is the name of the forum type that the Scroll uses?
... without the number code it only shows that it IS a quote.

Of course you can simply type quote in square brackets at the beginning and /quote in square brackets at the end of your chosen sentences. Is done pretty fast.

All that happens when you miss a bracket ... or have an additional/missing code is that it will not show properly. Then you can go back and edit.

Quote:
Please help! Thanks!

There is no "instruction manual" either - learning by try and error (I hate it .. especially the errors!), asking or quoting solutions that worked and take a close look at the code is the way I know. Will lead to slightly different solutions for the same problem then and now ...

btw:... splitting your post in several quotes was just for illustration purpose - answers are not supposed to fit especially well to the single paragraphs Wink