ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Questions....

Yenhei-go-back

I will answer questions about anything you ask. You can also direct questions at other members.... so Grin

Trollbabe

It would be easier to follow the story if somebody put together some kind of map. Is it possible to have even a rough map of the general area?

Tehaar

I'd like to know the purpose of the group. Are we aiming at a RP holt? Or something else?

Yenhei-go-back

Writing really. One of my ultimate biggest dreams is to write and publish Elfquest comics(with Wendy and Richard and friends).

Trollbabe

Is there a listing somewhere, that gives the names and information about the characters? I am continuing to develop my character under "Trollbabe's Tales" in the Fanfiction thread of the Scroll of Colors. My character is Cudgel, a 24-year-old female Troll who sets out on her own, dissatisfied with life in her kingdom.

Thank you for posting the map. I don't see the location of Goodtree's Rest or Greymung's kingdom. I am guessing they are south of Sarazen.

It looks as though Cudgel starts out in the Frozen Mountains, travels for weeks until she encounters the Forest Dwellers, and joins their group. Then they all leave the Frozen Mountains and travel around the world to Howling Rock.

Yenhei-go-back

I think Goodtree's rest is north from the burning waste, across from blue mountain.
Yeah they have lots of ocean to cross... hmmmmm.

Trollbabe

My character, Cudgel, would like to ask some questions of the Elf characters.

Hello! Cudgel here. I've enjoyed hanging out with you folks, and getting to know you. I hope you won't think me too nosy if I ask a few questions about your way of doing things. I know your tribe is unique, because you came from the Go-Back tribe, and distinguished yourselves as magic users. I also know the Go-Backs are related to the wolf-blooded Elves. So I understand if you do some things differently from other Elves.

Okay, stop me if I'm being too personal. I'm asking in the spirit of friendship and cooperation.

First question: What do you people do about salt? I know, someday humans will be industrialized, and they will have so much sodium in their diets it will cause disease. But salt is an essential nutrient. If there's no seawater around, we Trolls dig for salt deposits. We treasure salt as much as any other mineral. What do you Elves do about salt, this far from the ocean?

Second question: I like a good roast as much as the next Troll. I know a few good recipes for small game, fish and fowl. But most of what I eat grows out of the ground, or in it. Sure, a gal's gotta have her protein. But if I packed away as much meat as some of you Elves seem to do, I'd be up all night making music, as Mama used to say. And really, there is such a thing as too fresh. We Trolls keep meat in cold storage for a while, to tone down that gamey taste. Surely you rockshapers can come up with an underground meatlocker.

Third, and I'm sorry if I'm really getting personal: We spend a lot of time together, doing chores like washing clothes. And I can't help but notice you Elves seem to wear nothing but animal hides. I too wear leather accessories and warm furs. But seriously, leather underwear? Leather shoes with no socks? I don't expect you to carry a four-harness jacquard loom and spinning wheel around. But anyone can knit, and even a mump can make a drop spindle from a stick and a potato.

Yenhei-go-back

Answer 1: We trade with trolls of course!!! We get our salt from you guys(Mossrot, Trouncer, and You).

Answer: We will make you a meat locker...hehehehehehe

and

Answer 3: The Forest Dwellers actually steal human silk!!! I know it's bad, but you won't think so when you have some to yourself >U< sooooo... We use leather and silk materials.

Trollbabe

Cudgel again. When I met you guys, I was traveling alone, above-ground, on foot, mostly at night. I had to leave my fine clothes and jewelry at home, so I could carry all the provisions and hand tools I needed, enough clothing to keep the sun off of me, plus this hefty Troll sword. So, no pickaxe, no spade, no shovel, no wheelbarrow.

Mama packed enough salt to last me a couple of years, which translates to less than five pounds. Not that I was thinking of digging rock salt shafts for fun and games. Remember how the Communists in the old Soviet Union punished prisoners? Yep, they sent 'em to the salt mines.

Now, if you can convince that brat Trouncer to soil his knuckles digging salt for your entire tribe, my floppy straw hat is off to you. (Unless the sun is out, in which case I will keep it on, thank you.) Mossrot might have more patience for the task. But you have rockshapers anyway, so what's the point?

Salt mines, meat lockers and wine distilleries are great ideas if we're going to be settled in one place for at least several months. You could have Mossrot get together with the rockshapers to create some kind of canteen. An artisian well would't be a bad idea, either.

That brings me to the subject of fiber arts. If the humans can make silk garments for themselves, you probably can too. The Sun Villagers were making "moth fabric" while the indigenous humans were still cutting animal hides with single blades. Sericulture depends upon a mild climate and a steady source of mulberry leaves, but it can be done without a big investment in equipment. Once again, you'd have to be willing to stay in one place for a while.

My mother made fine clothes for wealth Troll women. She taught me a variety of needlecrafts, both practical and fancy. No, I'm not a journeyman seamstress. All working-class Troll maidens are expected to learn these skills, if they want to build a trousseau.

I'd be willing to show you how to make a few things, if you have the patience. It beats having both of your parents killed over a pair of bloomers. :D

Yenhei-go-back

Okay, that sounds good Zel would never leave you alone though.

Trollbabe

That would not be a problem. If Zel is learning the tanning trade, I can start by teaching her how to spin thread. I hope Mulka would not object, since Zel is her apprentice. Thread can be made from plant fibers, or from wool.

Yenhei-go-back

Mulka wouldn't mind, she'd be happy to have the monster off her hands!!! lol >U<

SailorSilvanesti

Would you mind describing what our Holt looks like?

Is it like that of the Wolfriders, with a Father Tree and tree-dens? Or like that of Howling Rock, where we live in caves?

Just curious,

~Riv!^^

Yenhei-go-back

Okay, welllllll we live in both caves and tree-dens... some people can choose were their character dens, but some can't. Valk lives in a cave(he is a fire starter) and Thyle lives in a tree, he likes it up high like most every floater/glider.

SailorSilvanesti

I would assume, that since Riv is a Rock-shaper, she lives in a Cave Den? Or maybe half and half?

Does she den with you and your family [before the accident]?

Yenhei-go-back

Before and after the accident because then Mulka is away from her mother(her father dead already. Mine not) and she moves into our den.
I think I get a good thing in my about the half and half den thing (Zark is a more tree living guy cause his soul sister, Mulka, is a Tree-shaper, but he is also real big on caves cause his lady is a Rock-shaper)

Trollbabe

Is Cudgel going to meet any of the other characters soon?

Yenhei-go-back

She meets the elf characters in Trolls(I made a list of some possible names for stories we will write on another page).

SailorSilvanesti

Don't you think we should actually START writing it...I mean, it's wonderful that you'v got so many characters set up...but maybe it's going to get messy if you keep adding to them before any actual RP-ing occurs...

Yenhei-go-back

Sorry >n< I set up the whole story in my head and didn't write any of it out for you guys. Okay so I'll make another thread for writing the first "comic", and an outline of the story from the first Fds to the "third" generation(Krad-Jurahn-Quet-Zark first Wence-Trin-Zel-Haji second and Luva-Ashi-Moul-Ouje third)

Trollbabe

On the map, how many generations does it take to get from the starting point to the end?

Yenhei-go-back

Light blue= First travels(first and second gen) Medium blue= Ashi travels(first, second, and third gen) Dark blue= New generation travels(second and third gen then a little later into that story the first gen comes back)

SailorSilvanesti

Wait...when do I/Riv come in...?

Yenhei-go-back

Matters what you mean... if you mean in the story, then it's when we come home from meeting the wolves, who we hid in a cave, then meet them after THE meeting.
If you by Generation then it's the first. >U< hope that helps

SailorSilvanesti

That is what I meant, thanks!^^

Trollbabe

When do we start?

Yenhei-go-back

Now I guess >U<

SailorSilvanesti

Awesome!^^ Create a thread for it...but, uh, could you makie the first post really detailed, so we know what the place looks like and where everyone is...?

That way no one jumps in too early...like, say...before they're actually born in the storyline...<.< XD

Yenhei-go-back

Okay >U<...but I need some help, are we starting from the first story, or the thing with my mom and the humans?

Yenhei-go-back

The first story meaning The Hunt

SailorSilvanesti

Whichever one comes first in the Timeline...

Yenhei-go-back

Okay :D I'm on it!!!

Yenhei-go-back

Okay, so I'm really bad at this... I am going to make a time line thread and make a draftlike time line.