ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Not a suggestion, more of a Question

Crucent

But why do we have Activity Points?

what's the point? can we use them for anything and if not, can they be removed at all?

Embala

Crucent said
But why do we have Activity Points?
Because this forum software includes this function.

Crucent said
what's the point? can we use them for anything and if not, can they be removed at all?
There's no "point" to it on this board - unless Richard decides to give them a meaning some day.

Why bother to remove it, Crucent? Honestly, in case Richard would be ready to fiddle around with the forum settings THIS would be the last thing I'd ask for improvement.

Crucent

Embala said

Because this forum software includes this function.

i know. Usually so they can be redeemed for small things.
Embala said

There's no "point" to it on this board - unless Richard decides to give them a meaning some day.

Why bother to remove it, Crucent? Honestly, in case Richard would be ready to fiddle around with the forum settings THIS would be the last thing I'd ask for improvement.

Frankly; it annoys me. And yes I do know it's trivial, but it stil annoys me cause if I am not much mistaken it's a very little thing to fix, and don't require alot of behind-the-scenes work, that's all.

Embala

Crucent said
i know. Usually so they can be redeemed for small things.
I've heard so - missing experiance with other boards.

Crucent said
Frankly; it annoys me. And yes I do know it's trivial, but it stil annoys me cause if I am not much mistaken it's a very little thing to fix, and don't require alot of behind-the-scenes work, that's all.
*shrug* ... everyone has such triggers, I think. Annoying for oneself, absolutely random for others.

RedheadEmber

I've never seen them as points but simply as post count.

Embala

It's actually something else (though they are obviously connected to post counts:
1. because all the different post/activity counts are listed extra
2. because my so-called activity points are more than the total of my post/activity counts

It's still just a number Wink

Trollbabe

We Trolls can work on a redemption plan. A certain number of activity points, for example, means we don't eat your leg.

Embala

How many will I need to be not eaten at all?

Trollbabe

Many, since you are very sweet! Smile

Embala

I have MANY! Tongue ... better gathering more ...