ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

about card layout / identification symbols

Embala

Just as part of pre-planning so we dont run into issues later if this takes off, open for discussion, but roughly:

Sun Villagers: yellow / Sun logo

Blue Mountain Gliders: blue / Mountain logo

Hoan G'tay Sho: white-blue /Bird logo

Preservers: pink / wing logo

Frozen Mountain Trolls : grey / anvil logo

Go-Backs: white/...bear logo? Snow? Antler?

Wavedancers: aqua/starfish

picknose's clan: steel blue/hammer logo

High Ones (first comers): purple/crystal logo

Djunslanders:

(cant remember my notes, its a start though)

There should be a Wanderer catagory as well, Orange/"hands" logo.

Each tribe should have a fairly destictive color and recognizable icon to allow identification at a glance, and the layout will be the same for all cards so no one has to search for anything.

Good start, Hammer Clap That's the kind of listings I was talking about!

You wish for much more diverity among the Humans and Trolls than I've expected. I'll do my very best Wink

I had some thoughts about colors and symbols, too. Let's gather and discuss them and see how it will end up.

Embala

Wolfriders - green / wolf pendant
Sun Villagers - golden yellow / sun symbol
Gliders - blue / Great Egg (probably represents the Gliders and their goal better)
Go-Backs - white / antlers (if possible)
Plainselves - olive / Teir's claw necklace?
Wavedancers - turquoise / coral mask
High Ones (first comers) - light purple / crystal (thought of light pink ... purple works!)
Wanderers/Misfits - orange / footsteps? (why not orange for a start)

Preservers - pink / wing logo (pink for sure! wings do fit ... must look for he right pic )

Greymung's Trolls - brown / Lodestone
Frozen Mountain Trolls - grey / anvil
Picknose's Trolls - steel blue / hammer
Drub's Trolls - ? / sword?
How could I deny TrollHammer's suggestions about the Trolls' look? Wink

Gotara Tribe - red / fire
Olbar's Tribe - river blue? / Olbar's horn
Hoan G'tay Sho - violet-blue / hand
Djunslanders - deep purple / chained heart (symbol from the Djun's jerkin)
Grashopper Clan - grass green or brass yellow / bug
"Horse Clan" - ochre / horseshoe?
Future Folk - ? / ?

I'd like to have the hand for the Hoan G'Tay Sho. Would go nicely from Nonna (hands of the symbol maker) to Geoki (the hands symbol Nonna made for them) to the Hoang Tay Sho from the Forevergreen (Door's stone hand). A hand would fit them all.

Embala

Each tribe should have a fairly destictive color and recognizable icon to allow identification at a glance, and the layout will be the same for all cards so no one has to search for anything.
The layout is planned to stay as much as possibble and change as much as necessary.

The black outer frame and the ElfQuest lettering will stay. As will the Scroll. Definitely.

The background and front frames and the text boxes will change color according to the tribe. Tribe symbol on the upper left, of course.
A tribe theme will be chosen for the background photo. Individual character photo (event, a.s.o) is selfevident. Wink

Sending symbols will probably be good, to tell if the character can send(mostly elves)) and some humans), though other than interacting with Winnie and Madcoil (black send), I dont know how it fits into the game, other than groups can work together better. Each race or tribe should have their own strengths and weaknesses relative to the others.

Nocturnal: another could be whether or not the character prefers the dark. This would give them a boost in dark places or trouble in the dark, but give them trouble in the light. Still a weak dynamic. Not sure if it will work in or not.

The white symbols in the template have hardly anything to do with what will be really needed. Their only purpose is to remind me that symbols are supposed to be there.
I've choosen some which fit the EQ theme and I could make at least some sense of:

sending star - for sending ability. Connect tribe mates, call help, combine powers
wolf paw - wolf bonding; enemy must fight both elf and wolf
crescent - the moon stands indeed for being nocturnal
eye - stands for Recognition (can give extra strength - or cause a weekness)

btw: the "dot" for exclusivity is supposed to be a blood drop.

Oh -and I will add a copyright notice!

TrollHammer

Looking good! Im hoping to add some organization in an hour or so when I might get a computer online, hopefully it will help with some stuff.

TrollHammer

Oh, and just a thought: make a card for yourself! ;D

Embala

Oh, and just a thought: make a card for yourself! ;D
Might do if I ever learn where this goes ... and find a decent "photo" of Embala. Wink

I'll try to make Tribe templates for furter discussion somewhen sooen.

Embala

I've just realized - this would make 20 tribes / groups!

TrollHammer

Embala said

I've just realized - this would make 20 tribes / groups!

Potentially, unless some are grouped in the "non-aligned" catagory (any tribe) or grouped together, but the good thing is that we dont have to do them all at the same time.

One sidebar icon could be used to denote race, btw: three pink fingers for elf, three green for Trolls, and five pink for humans? Preservers could be a nut bonnet or a face or wings again?

Looks like I have mail, maybe a reply? Smile