ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

You are Lex Luthor, you have just defeated Superman. ...What do you do next?

TrollHammer

As an evil mastermind who has just overcome your nemisis, what do you do next? There is nothing stopping you from taking over the world and doing what you want with it.

What would you do?

Stormcatcher

Uh... this world's a mess, why should I want it?

TrollHammer

Uh... this world's a mess, why should I want it?

Well, you should have thought of that before taking it over and killing off the one person that could take it back from you.

If you really feel that way, Im sure there is a road crew that will take you, and even give you clothes! Smile

Keep in mind: you can do ANYTHING! Pool earths resources into a colony space ship for your favorite planet... Aim all nukes at Uranus... Paint a whole country an obnoxious color... Make a movie...

...Pick your nose and wipe it on the sidewalk in Madrid...

Anything...

Stormcatcher

Well, you should have thought of that before taking it over and killing off the one person that could take it back from you.

Well, being a despicable arch-villain is harder than I thought...

Anything...

Now that I've inherited the mess I might as well clean it up, right? Even though that sounds like a lot of work...

I'll start with my pet peeve, religious extremists. Round 'em up in one comfy place like the Arabian peninsula (or, even better, Antarctica), put a HUGE wall around and leave 'em all to each other's tender mercies. I guess the orthodox of all religions will have a helluva debate.

Next on the list would be politicians, but I think getting the religious bigots out of the way had been enough work for the first day...

Embala

As an evil mastermind who has just overcome your nemisis, what do you do next?
Create a new arch enemy to fight him.

otherwise:
There is nothing stopping you from taking over the world and doing what you want with it.

What would you do?
Die of boredom.

TrollHammer

Another thing I would do is build massive amounts of fake dead bodies and androids, staging massive slaughters to make it seem like I was horrible beyond compare, but Id actually just be killing off my own androids and leaving the fake dead bodies behind as grotesquly as possible.

Meanwhile secretly develope a cure for all strains or types of the flu, cold, and cancer, as well as antiaging serums, and release it on the unsuspecting public.

Eventually I would eradicate all things that could cause someone to die of "natural causes" (cant do much about other forms of death). This would cause people to worry less about surviving and more about retirement, which eventually gets perpetually set 20 years older than any person alive. The job market would tank, and the jobless rate would increase at the same rate as the birth rate. Faster, perhaps, as you cant teach old dogs new tricks, and everyone is getting REALLY old, and technology increases exponentially., especially as people try to figure out how to stop me from wiping out the fake cities I keep building and wiping out the fake populations thereof.

Eventually people will figure out its all a sick joke, that instead of killing people Im keeping them alive with no hope of an end goal, endlessly stuck in a rut.

(as well as many, many other plots and schemes)

TrollHammer

Embala said

Create a new arch enemy to fight him.

otherwise:
Die of boredom.

As I am my own worst enemy, I dont have that problem, though I do bore myself to death from time to time.

Stormcatcher

Day 2... before taking on the mammoth task of sorting out useless and annoying politicians, I noticed I haven't even picked a home yet, so I'll move to Hawaii temporarily: Nice climate, good place to relax and feed sharks.

Also a great location to start the big clean-up. First, I'll pick up all NPPs and nuclear warheads and throw them into the sun, a proper place for chain reactions. After that, I'll take care of the Fukushima area and wipe it squeaky-clean using the heads of TEPCO and all politicians who lied about the disaster for two-and-a-half years. While there, I'll move the Japanese archipelago including all disputed islands closer to Hawaii and away from the greedy Chinese government (I'll deal with them later).

Oh, and I'm taking Sakhalin as well, just to annoy the Russians. Already got a brilliant idea what to do to Putin...

TrollHammer

Why are you going to the trouble of sorting the politicians? Didnt you get the one-size-fits-all dog food grinder?

At least by moving Japan closer it will cut down on shipping costs for Manga.

Stormcatcher

Day 3...

Why are you going to the trouble of sorting the politicians? Didnt you get the one-size-fits-all dog food grinder?

I'm not eager to run this place all by my onesies, so I'll need some useful tools in local government. Besides, overweight sharks would look ridiculous.
First I thought I'd process the surplus politicians (and lawyers) to small green cookies to feed the poor, but I wouldn't want the starving to be poisoned either...

Bad enough the sharks spat Putin back up the plank. They're probably still busy digesting Li'l Kim.
How much is that food grinder? Can it be used as a liquidizer as well?

Oh, please meet my personal secretary, Miss Chelsea Manning. I want all my crimes and atrocities properly leaked to remind the world how evil I am.

At least by moving Japan closer it will cut down on shipping costs for Manga.

And DVDs as well!