ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Survey:"special" characters

TrollHammer

I need to make sure I don't miss any obscure but important characters. Most of the main characters, tribesmates, etc, are taken care of (ie: Cutter, Skywise, Strongbow, various gliders, winnie's pets, etc), or can be handled via generic templates, but pivotal entities need to be listed. NPCs SUCH AS:

Madcoil

Biting Squirrel

Mindcoil

Two-Edge

Bearclaw's lost Bear

the Shaman

the Bone Woman

Nonna and Adar

etc. Discussion is encouraged as long as it inspires rememberance of characters.

smellsgood

Olbar the Mountain-Tall probably needs a unique sprite. Smile

Embala

Tyldak will be definitely unique.

Savah from the sunfolk would need a modified Glider sprite.
Suntoucher is clearly taller than average, too - but as a sprite it will be only a gradual difference ... guess his headpiece will do the trick.

Timmorn qualifies for a unique look, too.

A Conehead, maybe?

Zwoot

Timmain - she's very tall, looong hair.

TrollHammer

Any specific animals for the earlier phase? I have bears on the list for Bearclaw, and Zwoots now, I'm trying to think if there was anything else we saw up to Fire and Flight.

Afterward, there will be a whole heck of a lot of other stuff with EQ2... Mutated animals, tuffcats, etc, but that's work for another time.

Embala

big snake
big cat (like mountain lion?)

pheasant (Joyleaf's prey)
deer/buck (the one Redlance hunted for)
vulture (waited for Redlance to die)
boar (Rayek's preferred prey)
jackwolves

Leetah's sandcat
lizards
snakes
stingtail
owl
fish

and bats in the Troll caves

This was only EQ 1-5 ... guess there will be more in case we look into Wolfrider!

TrollHammer

Embala said

big snake
big cat (like mountain lion?)

pheasant (Joyleaf's prey)
deer/buck (the one Redlance hunted for)
vulture (waited for Redlance to die)
boar (Rayek's preferred prey)
jackwolves

Leetah's sandcat
lizards
snakes
stingtail
owl
fish

and bats in the Troll caves

This was only EQ 1-5 ... guess there will be more in case we look into Wolfrider!

Wow, I knew I was forgetting some things, Thanks a lot... how could I forget Bats?

Keep them coming! Have your post saved, Embala.

Embala

and ravvits

and no-humps for the humans (not sure whether 7 years after EQ1 counts as "later")

TrollHammer

Embala said

and ravvits

and no-humps for the humans (not sure whether 7 years after EQ1 counts as "later")

Strictly speaking, the initial testing phase won't need anything for Sun Village or anything outside of the Father Tree Forest, Gotara Village, and the Forest Troll Caves. That said, if we can get no-humps in the mix, it'll give humans mounts as well.

Feel free to add anything from the entire series: monsters from Wavedancers, things and traps in Two-Edge's tunnels, desert critters, odd plants (whistling leaf!) Snow creatures, etc. It won't hurt anything and helps plan ahead, but don't knock yourself out on stuff that isn't in the current push.

TrollHammer

(bu)