ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Name Games...

TrollHammer

I am making a preliminary test set of characters for each race. I have most named key figures needed to make the thing playable for NPCs (non- player-characters) this amounts to 5 for each race except preservers.

What I need is a name for a Barterer (shop keeper) for each race: human, troll, and wolfrider. This is the sixth NPC for each race. I have already selected the following for other positions:

Cutter

Skywise

Moonshade

Strongbow

Embala (for the test phase, as there is no healer among the wolfriders and I already have a sprite for her)

Greymung

Old Maggoty (healer)

Oddbit

Picknose

Minouche (Cook. I couldnt reallg think.of any other characters seen around Fire and Flight)

Shaman

Shaman's apprintice

Great Hunter of Gotara

Grandma

Orphan Child

if you want to suggest names for the humans, or the barterers (shop keepers, but there isnt a proper word for it), please do!

Embala

Trolls:
there was Scruff, the doorkeeper
and there was Redrash (in a not quite canon story) who bartered with Cutter (and tried to cheat him)

Elves:
actually Bearclaw was the "barterer" of the elves - got this "job" from his father after the Trolls were discovered ...

TrollHammer

Embala said

Trolls:

there was Scruff, the doorkeeper

and there was Redrash (in a not quite canon story) who bartered with Cutter (and tried to cheat him)

Elves:

actually Bearclaw was the "barterer" of the elves - got this "job" from his father after the Trolls were discovered ...

Thanks for setting me straight, I was actually wondering what the name was of that troll. I couldn't help but think of him as I added items and found myself actually inputting 'Squirrel Leg'. Yes, I'm trying to make this game as comprehensive as possible.

I wanted to add Bearclaw at some point. Of course, this technically should bump Cutter down from Leader, but it will technically be possible for players to name their characters whatever they want, we will more than likely end up with several Cutters, Skywises, Bearclaws, Picknoses, and the like. Smile My justification is that with a time traveling Palace, any character (later on) will technically be able to be any where and any time on the planet, so Redlance can butt heads with Two Spear, One Eye can chat it up with Icetooth, and the Djun can trade notes with the Shaman.

Of course, that's way down the road.

BTW, just putting the bare basic male and female, child and neuter of every kind of tribe and race, including a basic set of animals from the forest is almost up to 100 PCs and NPCs. There is another 20 NPCs that are non generic so far, and that's just for a test game... This is getting away from me a little bit, perhaps? lol

smellsgood

Bearclaw should definitely be the barterer, if you're going to not worry about the chronology, anyway. Smile Bartering with him sounds a little scary, actually.

TrollHammer

Yeah, I'm not too worried about chronology at this point. We just need some content that has some EQ feel to try it out. I'd say that if someone wants to go to the trouble, anything from Two-Spear up to... say Wild Hunt as it pertains to forests, Wolfriders, Forest Trolls, and Gotara-type humans would be OK in these initial phases, just as long as it has the feel of Wolfrider! / pre-Fire and Flight (I'm not burning down the forest at this point! Smile

I'm going to start a thread on chronology, so that anyone who wants to can pipe in. I'm wondering how it should be treated myself.

TrollHammer

(bu)