ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Go-Backs with Guns - Art Challenge

Thornbrake

Just posted this in The Elfquest Show thread, but figured I'd post it under Fan Art & Fiction thread too.

Have you listened to the latest episode of The Elfquest Show podcast? Give it a listen to learn about a little fan art challenge Ryan and I are doing.

We want to see YOUR drawings of Go-Backs with Guns!

We'll announce the winner on the next podcast, so this is your chance to get mentioned on-air. Deadline for entries is one week from today - Saturday, Sept 20th.

Here's Ryan's take on the subject, to kick things off.

Go Backs with Guns

Trollbabe

Go-backs exercising their Second Amendment rights!!! AYOOAHH!!!!

Embala

The drawing turned out fantastic and the guns fit in incredibly well! *bows to artist*

The thought of Go-Backs with gun frightens me.

RedheadEmber

I made a poem. It's in my own thread, should not count towards the competition.

Leanan

Awesomeness! Looking forward to the contest entries!

zurcdurka

I try to do at least one five minute sketch a day, and today's sketch is a go-back with a gun! The picture is terrible. Almost didn't post it but I said to my self " what the hell"
IMG_20140915_095241

RedheadEmber

She looks kinda scared of it?

"What am I doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing?"

zurcdurka

Yeah,
I'm not so good with the faces...

Leanan

I like it!

RedheadEmber

Me too. The "scaredness" just adds an extra bonus. :D

Embala

Make us three. :)

Redhead's sight on it is fun and I agree that it's a bonus. Glad you have posted it, zurcdurka.

Thornbrake

zurcdurka said: I try to do at least one five minute sketch a day, and today's sketch is a go-back with a gun!

We love it! And so far, there haven't been many entries, so who knows, you might just be the winner and get a mention on the next episode of The Elfquest Show!

zurcdurka

Thank you! I am glad you guys like it , but I hope more entries are posted

Thornbrake

Me too!

Night_Tanem

How much time do we have left?

Embala

Thornbrake said: Deadline for entries is one week from today - Saturday, Sept 20th.

Four days to go, Night_Tanem :)

Tavie

gunshow

Tavie

Yeah no I can't draw

Well, I DEFINITELY can't draw GUNS.

Night_Tanem

I was thinking the same thing =))
Thanks Embala, guess I'm not reading it all anymore, time to go

Edit: 3:-O It looks like I'm saying Tavie can't draw, I meant I was thinking about drawing the same kind of guns.

Thornbrake

LOL @Tavie. Well, I guess that counts, doesn't it!

RedheadEmber

Just a thought. Why not extend the deadline until you record the next episode? Ya know, give people some more time to make their awesome art.

Thornbrake

RedheadEmber said: Just a thought. Why not extend the deadline until you record the next episode? Ya know, give people some more time to make their awesome art.

We can do that.

Embala

@Tavie Counts :-bd

Night_Tanem

GWG

My take on it, haven't read FQ yet, have't listen to the show (fear of spoilers) and am addicted to color so no normal Go-Backs here.

Embala

Go-Back Opera with Guns! =))

I like your idea, Night_Tanem - the imagination, the fun, the playfulness. Go-Backs with guns free Arielle ^^

I love the blue girl(?), she's really cool.

Night_Tanem

I wanted them to have a good reason to use guns. If her voice gets stolen by Ursula the songs by the bonfire won't be the same. Yeah, I had to drag a Disney villain in this :P
The blue girl is... I have no idea...

Embala

^^

Obsidian6244

Trying to post my entry.IMG_20140918_121908

RedheadEmber

Now that is one helluva gun! B-)

Thornbrake

Great new entries!!!

Obsidian6244

I was going for kind of a Elfquest meets Looney Tunes :)

Embala

Two-Edge got inventive! ^^ Great job, Obsidian6244.

Tavie

=)) Fantastic!

Heather

I adore the targets set up in the background @obsidian6244 Awesome touch!

Llannen

Tavie said: Well, I DEFINITELY can't draw GUNS

I beg to differ. I am way into those guns.
:>

Obsidian6244

I'm kinda worried that because there aren't a lot of entries that you guys won't have anymore drawing challenges on the podcast:/ c'mon EQ fans this was a blast. Everyone should be getting in on this!

Delhya

Not an artist or I would have post a pic. ^_^ I don't think stick figure what the World of Two Moons is that count.

Obsidian6244

Stick figure elves can be awesome. I say go for it anyway

Thornbrake

Obsidian6244 said: Stick figure elves can be awesome. I say go for it anyway

Yes!

Night_Tanem

@Delhya don't let "artist" hold you back. An artist is not born, he/she becomes and if you don't try you can never be sure that you can't become one...

RedheadEmber

Because poetry is also art:

Go-Back with Guns

Go-Backs with guns,
everyone runs.
Things turning fun
when Go-Backs got guns.

Two-Edge has given
the Go-Backs some guns.
A gift for his maiden;
to give Go-Backs guns.

Night_Tanem

It is!

Embala

:-bd

Obsidian6244

That poem rocks^^

Thornbrake

Obsidian6244 said: That poem rocks^^

LOL it does - love it @RedheadEmber!

Syrena

I had fun with this (and I've always liked Chot). :D

Tavie

@Syrena:

Embala

YEAH! Chot is a great choice for this, Syrena.

Caught in movement ... pose and expression illustrate Chot's fun of fighting perfectly. I love the monochrone "old photo" impression. Awesome!

Thornbrake

Most awesome, @Syrena! Thanks for contributing!

Heather

Awesome @Syrena! Love it!

Delhya

OH dear Chot with a gun!! Very well done!^_^

RedheadEmber

Chot. The gunslinger of Abode! B-)

Leanan

All the entries are wonderful but that Chot is my favorite. Because Chot.

travelbug

Love the art :)

I miss Chot, hope he'll turn up sometime soon :) very cool that he got hold of a gun ;)

wildfire

Whoops, I accidentally made a sketch. Vaya with a gun

vayawithgun

Thornbrake

Wow! I wouldn't mess with her!!

RichardPini

This is silly. I love it. :D

Heather

Our submission will be late, due to life getting in the way. These are so awesome! I don't envy you guys picking a winner!

Delhya

OK I gave in. Sorry it is a little dark, took it with my phone scanner is not working.GBwG

Embala

@Wildfire Very concentrated. The emphasis on the gun and the hands and the determind expression leaves no doubt that Vaya will do whatever is necessary ... and pay the price. So Vaya.

@Delhya HA! >:D That's a gun a Go-Back would wish for! Your contribution is GREAT.

Delhya

I went ahead and tried inking it. So here is a final product. The other one can be deleted if you need to.

GBwG II

Embala

BOOM!

Obsidian6244

Another big gun! Alright! @Delhya

Thornbrake

Ayyoooooah! Keep 'em coming! it's looking like Ryan and I won't be able to record until next week, due to our real-life schedules, so we will keep taking submissions until then.

RedheadEmber

RichardPini said: This is silly. I love it. :D

You would!

Leanan

This thread is full of awesomeness! Me likey! I love all the entries!

Night_Tanem

@Delhya that looks too good for you not to be an artist (even if you don't realize is yourself :p)

Startear

Aaa, there is so much great pictures in this thread! I especially like your Chot picture, @Syrena! I love the movement and his expression, he is having fun!

Syrena

Thank guys! I'm really getting a kick out of all the entries. I especially like the 'Big Boom Boom'. LOL

Thornbrake

Ryan and I are recording TOMORROW (Tues 9/30) evening so get your entries posted!

Rob

KRIM

Modeled by @heather

Thornbrake

AYYYOOOOOOAH to THAT, @Rob and @Heather! :D >:D

RedheadEmber

That is great! >:D

Embala

Dittos! >:D

Syrena

Awesome @Rob and @heather!

Also, I just listened to the show and ty so much, @Thornbrake and Ryan! Your kind words really made my night.

Delhya

Thanks for pronouncing my name correctly! ^_^ @Thornbrake

GratZ to the Winners!!! <3 :-bd This was a lot of fun. Might start doodling again because of this event.

Tavie

@delhya- PLEASE start drawing again!

Thornbrake

Syrena said: Also, I just listened to the show and ty so much, @Thornbrake and Ryan! Your kind words really made my night.

You're very welcome! Thanks for participating!

Delhya said: Thanks for pronouncing my name correctly! ^_^ @Thornbrake

GratZ to the Winners!!! <3 :-bd This was a lot of fun. Might start doodling again because of this event.

You are welcome too - and definitely get your doodle going on again!

Night_Tanem

I used to be a Disney fan till age 7. By that time I had 3 siblings all having their own favorite movie, each watching it 20 times a year... by age 18 there were not 3 but 8 and I think it's obvious what that does to a person =))
I had to have a villain, didn't want it to be an elf, couldn't take a troll because most aren't that bad sooo Ursula it was.
@Thornbrake thanks for talking about the challenge first, that way I didn't get any spoilers yet (I hope the show stays online?)

wildfire

Awww, thank you guys! Very kind words ^_^

I too appreciate you talking about the challenge first, I haven't had the opportunity to get the latest comic!