ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Wing...the other sun top!

Kitt

Yeah, one of the other most untalked about characters in the Elfquest world, Wing. We saw his parents carry him away from the burning waste in a swaddling blanket, then saw him as a boy in the Sun Village, then as an adult with a recognized mate later in the Hidden Years...and then he was gone. I wish we could have seen just a bit more about him than we did, but, still, what an adorable cub. :o

PCoquelin

Aaaah, Wing ! ...

One more we don't know enough about.

Kathleen

AW! Cute picture!

Elsa

Hey, what happened to the curly hair?

(And the mischevious smile?)

Starmist

He has his uncle Pike's cheeks in that picture! So cute :love:

lunakat

Wing.. that ordinary kid in the back of the class who never said much, yet always seemed to just be there... and who you never knew much about.

At my school he was called ... (oh drat- forgot the name!)

emerald

There's a pic of him in the hidden years book that I was always curious about! It was the scene where they are all in the "basement" of a hut where Dart tells Savah that he'll let no one hurt her, and Wing and Bethia are on the left in the background. She's sitting down and tells him not to worry about her having the cub early. Has anyone noticed that he seems sooooooooooo short in the picture??? I mean Bethia is sitting down and he's still not taller than her! When I saw that picture I honestly forgot he was an adult because he looked like a kid! I don't know, that just always bothered me! :?

Willowspring

well her hair added about a foot to her height... But she was also sitting down on a table and he was standing up...

emerald

But past that, doesn't he just look generally shorter than normal? (I'm having a lot of complaints about pictures today aren't I?) :oops:

Willowspring

no dear your not...
he might be very much shorter than his lifemate... but we dont know... Unhappy

Starmist

I think it says somewhere that Wolfriders, in general, were shorter than the Sun Villagers... I don't remember this panel of Wing though, so I don't know how much shorter he seems, have to check out when I get home...

Phantomsinger

I just love Wing! I remember the very first time I came across him. I read "The Quest begins" and there was this little curlyhaired blonde sitting next to Rainsong during the Wolfrider council. He looked soooo cute! It wasn't until years later that I found out that his name was Wing.

I would just love to read Hidden Years where we get to see Wing speaking - the only time he ever does that! Grin

I wish we had known a little bit more about him. How was it for him living in Sorrow's End together with Dart and Newstar, who seemed to be getting a lot of attention. Maybe he felt quite lonely.

Wing rocks!!

Alana

I always wondered what he, Newstar, and Mender would have been like if they grew up in the holt like Cutter, Skywise, etc. I always think of the three of them as Sun-Villagers, not Wolfriders.

And I remember in the Gatherum it was stated that the Sun Villagers are a wee bit taller than the Wolfriders, in general.

Windwalker

Wing? Wing? Who is this 'Wing' you speak of?
J/K. Starmist is right, he does look a bit like Pike in that picture.

ReenBladesong

Weel he is Pikes nephew.

Whoa. I thought this thread was long Dead...It has risen again...

Starmist

Wing is the second child and first son of Rainsong and Woodlock. He was an infant when the Holt burned and grew up in the Sun Village. He's such a cutie that unfortunately got too little on-screen time in my opinion..!

Gazelle

AGREED!

He was a cute little cub, sweet cubby cheeks, and quite a hottie in my opinion when he got older.

Kitt

[color=green:1cea232a03]My sweet little wing! We SOOOO needed to see more of him. I'm glad, at least, that he was able to recognize and have a bit of action in later stories :)[/color:1cea232a03]

ReyesLord

*sigh* I love Wing! :D

I'd always wished that, if Rainsong and Woodlock wouldn't have taken to wrapstuff, that Wing at least would have. *sniffle* I wanted him to live, darn it! Especially since it's never mentioned the Bethia if had died or not. You'd think that he'd want to live as long as possible (i.e. be with his lifemate since, being a Sun Villager, Bethia was/is immortal) and just got back and forth between living and sleeping in wrapstuff like Mender.

Phantomsinger

I miss Wing!

He could've returned to the Father Tree holt with his sister, or joined Ember's tribe with Mender. I once thought that Wing was going to recognize Ember, they would have been such a cute couple. I love it when Wing hands over Choplicker to Ember, just before they leave Sorrow's End in search of Cutter

Kitt

YESS!! Darnit!! It's that blasted MIDDLE-CHILD SYNDROME!! :x We're so confused :( He didn't know what he wanted, so he chose the absoluteness of death :crying: Instead, he could have been with his sister and brother and actually have SEEN what his birthplace was like! He was the ONLY pureblooded Wolfrider to have NEVER seen the green growing place :(

Elsa

Well, he did see it, but wouldn't have remembered. I'm sure his fellow wolfriders shared with him, but he didn't want to leave the safe home in the desert. If he had wanted to, he could have joined Newstar when she followed the Jackwolfriders to the Forbidden Grove, but didn't. Maybe he stayed to protect the village with his father, or he simply wasn't tempted.

I think Wing was very happy living where he was. Leetah learned to love the shade of trees despite living in the desert for 600 years.

Kitt

Oh, no, I agree. I think he was happy with his life in the Sun Village :) I include him in my fanfic. He's my character's best friend and is quite happy Wink

MichaelChandler

does anyone think that Wing should have been Pike's son instead of Rainsong's and Woodlock's? I think he resembles Pike more than his real parents.

Kitt

[color=green:063f36dcf0]You may say that because when he was young, his cheeks were very round, but when he got older, his looks were totally that of his father :)[/color:063f36dcf0]

Startear

I like Wing, he was a cute cub and so sweet when he fretted over Bethia as Kahvi, Yun, Chot and Tyldak tried to steal the Little Palace. And when she handed him the flower basket.

Too bad we didn't see more of him.

lunakat

I always liked Wing. It is too bad we didn't get to see more of Rainsong and Woodlock's family. Wing and Behtia seemed a sweet match.

Regarding the comment someone made about Wing looking more like Pike than Rainsong and Woodlock- well, that would make sense. Pike is his uncle. Rainsong and Pike are brother and sister, I think, by different mothers. Rainsong was born to recognition and Pike outside of recognition.

We never do see Rain's spouse... or spouses.

Embala

Autsch!

Easter EggQuest 2012 found

Vojira

Ow my eyes. The pain, the pain!

Kinda wish we got to see more of Wing and his parents...

lunakat

Good grief! What happened to the type?

lunakat

Please don't hurt your eyes...

I always liked Wing. It is too bad we didn't get to see more of Rainsong and Woodlock's family. Wing and Behtia seemed a sweet match.

Regarding the comment someone made about Wing looking more like Pike than Rainsong and Woodlock- well, that would make sense. Pike is his uncle. Rainsong and Pike are brother and sister, I think, by different mothers. Rainsong was born to recognition and Pike outside of recognition.

We never do see Rain's spouse... or spouses.

Startear

The odd thing is what stands in the sign of Starmist's post gets really big on this site, but on the old one it was really small.

Vojira

Quote:

The odd thing is what stands in the sign of Starmist's post gets really big on this site, but on the old one it was really small.

There seems to be something wonky with tiny/big codes on this site. I tried using the 'tiny text' codes they use on Rivertwine, and no matter what it all ways showed up really big.

I miss being able to write real small...

jeb

There is a little variability in size, but not like there used to be. The code I've found to work is
[ size = ? ] text [ / size ] (no spaces, of course)

example

size=1

size=2

size=3

size=4

The old code was for standard font sizes, usually 9, 10 or 11. So anywhere someone put in the old code "size=9" it's going to be huge now.

Startear

Quote:

I agree with this. Their recognition was what Cleopatra wanted, and i was her Secret Santa. At first I thought "who?" And when I found it, it was the absolutely sweetest ElfQuest couple I've seen.

Embala

Some pics of adult Wing