ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Rillfisher - forgotten beauty

Tifa

I was thinking on and off whether or not to make this thread, but somehow I decided to make it anyway. (not just because Rillfisher's my forum-movie alter-ego! :P )

Rillfisher.... she's another one of those 'forgotten' elves that lived during Bearclaw's time as a leader.
What would've happened if she'd still be alive? What if Rain [i:e976c0f8ee]did[/i:e976c0f8ee] have the power then to cure her deafness? I'm sure that she would've been one cool elder by now, side to side with Treestump... :)
After all those years... Treestump still looked so sad when One eye died, and he was thinking back on the loss of his own recognised lifemate.... :crying:

Thoughts?

ulmtwen

Ever since I saw Rillfisher, I've thought her to be possibly the most beautiful elf Wendy ever drew. I see where Dewshine gets her golden perfection!

I wish she had lived... *whine whine*

Pics? Anyone?

Tifa

From Treestump's flashback:
[URL=http://imageshack.us][img:d8f1072657]http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/9852/beekvisser9mk.jpg[/img:d8f1072657][/URL]
[URL=http://imageshack.us][img:d8f1072657]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5923/rillfisher93lk.jpg[/img:d8f1072657][/URL]
[URL=http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rillfisher9a8uq.jpg][img:d8f1072657]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5194/rillfisher9a8uq.th.jpg[/img:d8f1072657][/URL]

Kitt

[color=green:bec0307f43]I wish we could have seen more than like two pages of her :([/color:bec0307f43]

Fourleafclover

There are more pictures of Rillfisher in the "Requested Pictures" thread, I think.

Icebird

@Kitt: I second that! Rillfisher really was one of the most stunning elves drawn by Wendy! I really liked that Dewshine is a replica of her sweet mommy..

crescent1325

yesh.....she is definatly one beautiful elf...she seems so innocent though. i would love to see more with her..

Tifa

Here's a gorgeous fanart by Nienna! Enjoy! :D
I'll try to get Redshine to put her art here, as well!

Foxeye

Rillfisher from my fanfic (though I call her Pollen in that story).

l

Tifa

Nice one, Foxeye! :D
Just wondering: why call her Pollen?

The wonderful picture below is done by Redshine!!

Foxeye

STill love that picture of yours. :love:

Quote:
Tifa

Nice one, Foxeye! :D
Just wondering: why call her Pollen?

Err, well, it was important to the story that Crescent mistakenly think that no Wolfrider's fish. If Rillfisher wasn't renamed, that would blow my plot device out of the water.

And rillfisher is so slight and blond that she looks like she could blow away in a stiff wind, like pollen does. ^_^

I wrote the story a long time ago...I probably would have chosen a different plot now. :oops:

Tifa

A-hah! That explains. Wink
But anyway... who says Rillfisher's name wasn't Pollen earlier? After all, I don't think her parents would give their baby a name like Rillfisher, now would they? You might have been onto something there... Wink

StarShine

Yeah, and Rillfisher's hair.. it's yellow like Dandelions or Pollen. Maybe her birth name was Pollen or maybe Dandelion? Then your story, Foxeye would make total sense. I mean it could probably explain how Rillfisher got her name?!

Foxeye

My story does somewhat loosely explain how she becomes Rillfisher, in fact. I felt I had to if I was going to take her name away. Grin

Gazelle

I made a fanfic where Rillfisher lives and Treestump dies in the process of saving her (he pushed her out of the way and then he got hit instead :twisted: ) And she lives alone all Sad Eyes (giving Aroree a run for her money) until she Recognized Kroosh (heehee my Krooshy boy :P !) and has a baby daughter called Flitter and has her Wolfblood removed and has fins and her ears shaped.

I can't quite remember what I was on at the time... :twisted:

Tifa

*starts chanting*

Post it, post it, post it....

:P

crescent1325

[color=indigo:8c48ac81a4]Yo Gazelle...you should start posting your fics...they sound intresting![/color:8c48ac81a4]

Gazelle

Really? Gee, maybe I should...

crescent1325

[color=indigo:a409548ebe]Yups you should....[/color:a409548ebe]

Gazelle

:D

Ahem... I might have it up in a few days. I still have to finish the Rillfisher one. Haven't quite thought up the ending yet. Just a few more pages. It's pretty long though. :oops: I'm babbling. Sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tifa

Here's your ending: "...And Rillfisher avoided the falling branch, and they lived happily ever after...."

There! Now, bring on the story!! 8)

Gazelle

Hehehe Grin :D Grin :D :P Wink
Funny.

I've got alot of projects on at uni right now so I should be finished in about a couple of days. Sorry. :oops:
It's also reallyyyyyyyyyy long. Is there any limit to the length? :?

crescent1325

[color=indigo:2432540552]not that ive seen...kit has an ongoing story that is a few pages long..but its good!....but dont be bashful...just post it!![/color:2432540552]

Gazelle

OK I'll try to finish it up now. My uni teacher's gonna kill me but sacrifices must be made :twisted:

Gazelle

I've posted Part 1 and Part 2 of my Rillfisher fan fic!!!!!!!!!

It's in Fanart and fan fiction under A New Way. Take a look!

http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3567

Hope you like it!!!!

Tifa

Good stuff Gazelle!!!! :D
Anyone else who did some fanfic or art on Rillfisher?

dewshine_lover_1

I did a story on the recognition and death of Rillfisher, it is in my many different pics by me thread, in fanart/fanfiction..but i dont know how to do the links. It starts on page 24 and continues..

Tifa

Thanks for mentioning, Dewy!
I don't have the time now, but after the weekend I'll try to make a link (if no one has done it yet, that is. ^^) , to the pictures as well as the story, if that's ok with you? :)

Trollbabe

Rillfisher's deafness is an example of the limitations of a healer. One-Eyes eye could not be replaced, and no healer can ever regenerate Ekuar's limbs. It makes the stories more credible, fantasy or not.

Picknose alludes to Two-Edge's "mixed blood" as a reason for his insanity, but one can also blame childhood trauma.

I can't recall the name of the rock-shaper elf, one of the companions of Ekuar, who was captured and mutilated by the Northern Trolls. If he/she hadn't frozen to death after opening the Go-Back's lodge,, would a healer have been able to salvage anything from such a tortured brain?

PCoquelin

Mekda, and I'm afraid not... :(

[img:ab9cbe7c4b]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/pcoquelin/EQ1/PC063_Mekda2.jpg[/img:ab9cbe7c4b]
[img:ab9cbe7c4b]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/pcoquelin/EQ1/PC064_Mekda3.jpg[/img:ab9cbe7c4b]

cactus

*cries*
Poor, poor Mekda :( . I think that's the most upsetting part of the whole elfquest story. Nothing made such an impression on me as that. I felt so sorry for her. And Ekuar.

Gazelle

Oh, I know cactus! So sad. I alwways get teary when I'm reading that part. I try to avoid it actually. Especially the trolls treated her like she was a mindless thing. Sort of like their pet.

You know, "It knows a pat on the head from a kick in the teeth!" part.

Kitt

[color=green:17b7932655]...yeah, that really got to me, too [/color:17b7932655]:x:x

Gazelle

Um, just letting you know, part 4 of the Rillfisher fic is up.

Tifa

Good!! :D
Can't wait to read it!

...and, as promised, here are the links to Deshine lover's fanfic and art:
Fanfiction part 1
Part 2 of the fic and a drawing of Treestump and Rillfisher together
Part 3A and B
Part 4, and a saaaad, sad picture... Unhappy
A beloved dead drawing... Rillfisher is in there too!
Part 5 (the end)

valkerie

Rillfisher for Tifa
[img:022f830f31]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/valkerie/RillFishercolwithbackground.jpg[/img:022f830f31]

Gazelle

Ohhh, that's lovely!

valkerie

[quote:337b7e2b70="Gazelle"]Ohhh, that's lovely![/quote:337b7e2b70]

Thankyou Gazelle :love:

Gazelle

Your very very welcome!

dewshine_lover_1

here is a rillfisher picture i just finished..hope you like it

[img:10b84cb449]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/lilpeach192001/RF.jpg[/img:10b84cb449]

Tifa

Oh, joy joy joy!!
Good work everyone!
Please keep posting all the beauticious Rillfisher fanarts! :D

Tifa

Oh goody! How d'y'all like Joselle's chibi Rillfisher?
Isn't it totally kawaii?!! :love:

cactus

AWWWWWWW :D .

Soooo cute :D Look how she's hugging the fish Grin .

ulmtwen

Dewy, I just love the way you draw your female elves. They're all so voluptuous yet slender, and just so attractive! You're a damn good artist, friend!

And Joselle's chibi-Rillfiser is super-kawaii!!!

Okay, I promise I'll never use that expression again...

I'm starting to feel bad posting in these threads because I can't draw worth a damn, so all I do is tell other people that their drawings are nice...I'm certainly not contributing that much... But here I go again, I'm going to post this...

Oh, and by the way, Tifa, your banner is the best thing ever. I loved Aeris...

crescent1325

Quote:
Tifa

Isn't it totally kawaii?!!

???

ulmtwen

It's a Japanese word that's hip now, I think it means cool/cute and it's used by Hirajuku (sp?) girls and Gwen Stefani. I think we were using it ironically, because chibi drawings are Japanese.

crescent1325

oh gosh :roll: i member when gwen stephanie was cool...**sigh**

innie

There was this GREAT Rillfisher and Treestump fansite with beautiful artwork from Maureen Honoré, but I see it's gone Unhappy Does anyone know the site or know what's happened? I tried using the wayback machine, but the art is lost anyway.

Arthis

Maureen Honoré still has a gallery available on the site For Elf Eyes Only.

It's here.

innie

Thanks Arthis :)

Tifa

Quote:
ulmtwen

Oh, and by the way, Tifa, your banner is the best thing ever. I loved Aeris...

Thanks! Me too!!! So sad she died... :crying:
Still, I can't hate Seph for it... 8)

But, let's not be drawn away from the topic!! :P
Those drawings of Maureen are indeed verrrry nice, Arthis, thanks for the link!! :D

Alana

Okay. The chibi Rillfisher is the cutest thing in the world. Cuter maybe, than the criiters over at Cute Overload!

Gazelle

OMG, that is [size=24:7027abde78][color=violet:7027abde78]ADORABLE!!!![/color:7027abde78][/size:7027abde78]

Tifa

:love: Awwwwwwww...... :love:

Siwan

the cuteness :love:

Tifa

I posted this question over at another thread as well, but I thought, maybe more Rillfisher fans over here...

So. What if rillfisher had somehow survived the fallen branch, and she would have met Leetah later, who obviously has a much greater healing power than Rain ever had.... would she have wanted Leetah to heal her? Or would she prefer her "handicap", like the SunToucher did with his?
What do you think?

Treefox

Well, I don't think we really know much about her personality to be exactly sure. But I think she might want to have her hearing ability back. In Suntoucher's case his eyesight must have vanished gradually, so he must have known more or less what was happening and he still continued looking at the sun each day. In the end he gave it up and earned something else instead. In Rillfisher's case it was still an accident, so I could imagine she would want to be healed, I'm not sure if there was anything she gained from being deaf. Especially when having a daughter with a beautiful singing voice like Dewshine's.

Embala

Quote:

From Treestump's flashback:

Easter EggQuest 2012 found

Quote:

Rillfisher for Tifa