ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Zhantee

krwordgazer

Zhantee was selfless, giving, humble and adorablly shy. He gave us some very great moments in Elfquest, especially at the moment of his death. I miss him.

Kathleen

I never really thought about him much, but I think he really is a darling.

Willowspring

I thought it was so unfair that he died... I started crying, but what made me cry harder is that He asked Cutter to share recongition with him before he died... and there's this big thing that makes me think that he knew Cutter's soul name before he died...
Unhappy
But i thought he was a great character that wasnt a born wolfrider. What struck me as funny is that he called Dart a Spinly youth when Dart says he's teach them to fight... So he becomes a wolfrider...
We miss you so much Zhantee

crescent1325

[color=indigo:27e07630d4]was that him Surprised ?? i have to go reread book two now...i thought that was someone else :? ...but he is a sweet quiet character....[/color:27e07630d4]

krwordgazer

No, I don't think it was him. The prose novels say it was an elf called "Adja," I think.

Zhantee doesn't make a true appearance until Cry from Beyond-- but we learn in Kings of the Broken Wheel that it was he who strained his back early in Book 2 by trying to lift two pots of clay at once.

And yes, Cutter shared EVERYTHING with Zhantee at his death-- including his own soulname. That makes my eyes tear up just thinking about it.

Fourleafclover

Zhantee was great. I liked his shy, gentle crush on Leetah. I also enjoyed his "normal-ness". He wasn't super-attractive like most elves, just ordinary.... in fact, he wasn't much of anything - fairly average.

Which is why is gift of shielding struck me sideways. Such a special, unique magic and it was gifted to gentle, shy Zhantee.

I always thought he and Redlance would get along smashingly.

emerald

[color=red:743618d6e5]SPOILER FOR DISCOVERY!
'
'
'
'
'
v[/color:743618d6e5]

[color=blue:743618d6e5]I thought that it was absolutely adorable the way his spirit just floats around the palace like that! And how he supplied Cutter with a bubble sheild like that! Even after death he is still faithful and protective of his tribe. :P [/color:743618d6e5]

Nakadah

I love Zhantee so much! I nearly cried when I read his death. I was kinda like, "Wait.. WTF?! No no! Zhantee can't be dead! He's not allowed to die..!"

But he's so sweet and caring.. In Dreamtales I loved his dream so much. I always thought his little crush on Leetah was adorable! But it was so unexpected that he had the shield power. When he was first shown using it I was a little confused. He just doesn't seem like the other magic-users. It seems to be a rule of thumb that all the male magic-users are very very girly. Zhantee just doesn't fit that stereotype. I think that's great! :D

I miss you Zhantee.. Unhappy

Emma

Willowspring

well i thought it was him... looks like him...

[img:162a703e16]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f143/Willowspring/eZhantee.jpg[/img:162a703e16]

Are you sure thats not him??

emerald

[color=blue:f603b96407]That doesn't look like Zhantee![/color:f603b96407] Surprised

Willowspring

okay... i thought it was... :oops:

emerald

[color=blue:c3e3bb3a58]It's ok Willowspring! :P
*Huggles!*[/color:c3e3bb3a58]

krwordgazer

(hugs Willowspring too) That's nothing to some of the misconceptions I've had! :roll: :)

Nakadah wrote:
[quote:f83076954d]It seems to be a rule of thumb that all the male magic-users are very very girly.[/quote:f83076954d]

Really? Who were you thinking of? I don't think Rayek's girly at all! Surprised

Fourleafclover

Must be that high ponytail. Grin

manga

Quote:
FourLeafClover

Must be that high ponytail. :D

TOTALLY unlike Cutter's "crested cockarel" hair do, right? I think I'd have a hard time taking seriously a chief who wears his hair in a style my family has always called a "princess ponytail." :D

*loves* for Zhantee!

Kitt

:o HAHAHA! It's not REALLY a ponytail :P

cactus

Here's my favourite pic of him :D

crescent1325

i really wish we got to see dreamtime in color...*SIGH*

Nakadah

Quote:
krwordgazer

Nakadah wrote:
[quote:e7889f06c4]It seems to be a rule of thumb that all the male magic-users are very very girly.

Really? Who were you thinking of? I don't think Rayek's girly at all! Surprised[/quote:e7889f06c4]

Grin Just look at Mender and Pool! I couldn't tell if Pool was a boy or a girl until they started refering to him as a him! Grin

Emma

crescent1325

Quote:
Nakadah

[quote:d68e6a4896="krwordgazer"]Nakadah wrote:
[quote:d68e6a4896]It seems to be a rule of thumb that all the male magic-users are very very girly.

Really? Who were you thinking of? I don't think Rayek's girly at all! Surprised[/quote:d68e6a4896]

Grin Just look at Mender and Pool! I couldn't tell if Pool was a boy or a girl until they started refering to him as a him! Grin

Emma[/quote:d68e6a4896]

i couldnt tell if pool was a boy or girl either...but i think that was just poor drawing...

Nakadah

Eh, true. But have we ever seen a Wendy-drawn Pool?

Emma

crescent1325

i konw i havent...i dont know if a wendy drawn pool exsists..

Nakadah

Yeah.. I haven't either. Anyone know if he exsists in the realm of the Wendy-drawn?!

*luffs Zhantee*

Emma

cactus

As far as I know she's never drawn him. Or maybe she has tons of unpublished sketches of him lying around in her house Surprised Grin .
*Dreams*

Nakadah

Grin

She probably has them hidden in all sorts of secret hidey-holes all over her house! Just refusing to show them to us!

*still luffs Zhantee*

Emma

krwordgazer

Here's a very long Zhantee story. It generally makes people cry. . .

Zhantee: A Love Story - This is basically a retelling of the Elfquest plot through the eyes of a character who stays in the background and sees things the reader may not have seen.

krwordgazer

Another short story featuring Zhantee appears about halfway down this page:

Getting Tough

Foxfyre

Wow... better late than never... but I just read Zhantee's story and loved it. Thank you so much for posting it. Being one of my favs (along with Redlance), I have to say I enjoyed reading the entire thing... Thank you again for including it.

Minouche

I think Pool is only shown as a child. Many kids look somewhat androgynous. + I don't find Zhantee, Rain, or Redlance, and most definitely not Rayek, girly at all. Mender is overly pretty (sweet looking enough to set my teeth on edge)but not girly.

AceQuester

Zhantee was cute, sweet, loyal and a magicuser... what does a boy want more *sigh* hahaha ;)

Quote:
crescent1325

Emma

i couldnt tell if pool was a boy or girl either...but i think that was just poor drawing...[/quote]

Same for me! :D I really thought it was a girl to balance the fact that Sust was a boy. He is more a boy than Pool.

>Crescent1325: There are Dreamtime stories in color. Here in Holland they are colored by the publisher (with approval of the Pini's of course ;)) And not badly done either :D They also published in chronicle order (right after Shards/Hidden Years bundled at the same time).

Shypaw

I couldn't agree more Ace, lol. I'd sure be happy.

-Shypaw Wink

crescent1325

Quote:
AceQuester

>Crescent1325: There are Dreamtime stories in color. Here in Holland they are colored by the publisher (with approval of the Pini's of course ;)) And not badly done either :D They also published in chronicle order (right after Shards/Hidden Years bundled at the same time).

I have Dreamtime in color. I looooooooooooooooove flipping thur it and looking at it.. I wish i could say read it.. but i cant. Grin

Arthis

So do I Grin (I've got the German edition)

Skya

I've been trying to get my hands on those for ages. Any recommendations on where to find them in the states? Or even what constitutes reasonable shipping prices from Europe?

crescent1325

Dude, i so had to make connections with a european fren who had to track them down...

I think i had bad like 50 american dollars for it.

Embala

He looks so innocent here.

Easter EggQuest 2014 found and found