ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Stars and Snow-Yun

ReenBladesong

Skywises daughter...how can we resist?
She was the sole reason I was able to endure the forevergreen story.
Shes so loyal, but she knows right from wrong,and is definitely her own elf.
With Skywises own lovable grin, and the best traits of Go-Back and Wolfrider.....all she needs now is Wavecatcher.
So lets hear a howl for Yun, the Wild Hunts beta female,the daughter of the snow and the stars.

Kitt

[color=green:73b8adf24f]WOOT! She and Wavecatcher make an adorable pair! :love:[/color:73b8adf24f]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:4cc866a686]hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....maybe...

But yes, Yun is the Perrrrrrrrrfect mix of Goback Wolfrider.[/color:4cc866a686]

Kitt

[color=green:c5e83dc7c7]Hmm...I'm not likin' that "maybe" Cres. Who did YOU have in mind for Yun...oh wait, you mean [b:c5e83dc7c7]Mender[/b:c5e83dc7c7]? :o THEY'RE REALLY CUTE, TOO! :D[/color:c5e83dc7c7]

emerald

[color=#00bfbf:57de43f798]Yeah! [b:57de43f798]Yun and Mender![/b:57de43f798] But then...I do want him to end up with Ember! Maybe he can have both! Wink [/color:57de43f798]

ReenBladesong

Evil Grin I death-glare the next person who DARES to tamper with Teir and Embers strictly Monogamous lifemating.
The idea of Mender getting in on the action really annoys me.
And Wavecatcher and Yun are predestined for each other.It is unavoidable.

emerald

[b:a51069861f][color=#00bfbf:a51069861f]Ew. I hate Teir. :?[/color:a51069861f][/b:a51069861f]

Wink

ReenBladesong

Surprised Evil Grin Sacriledge!

(Goes off to rally Teir fangirls)

Gazelle

*joins Reen Bladesong*

ReenBladesong

:twisted: Ha.

crescent1325

[quote:d9c77c0ccb="kitty cat"]Hmm...I'm not likin' that "maybe" Cres. Who did YOU have in mind for Yun...oh wait, you mean Mender? THEY'RE REALLY CUTE, TOO![/quote:d9c77c0ccb]

[color=indigo:d9c77c0ccb]lol...weeeeeeeeeeellll...I love Mender with Ember, but if the pini's arent going to break up that nasty bad Teir-Ember mating...then who better for Yun???[/color:d9c77c0ccb]

[quote:d9c77c0ccb="Emmie"]Ew. I hate Teir.[/quote:d9c77c0ccb]

[color=indigo:d9c77c0ccb]Agreed. I dont know why...but this elf just gets under my skin...[size=4:d9c77c0ccb]he so marysueish to me[/size:d9c77c0ccb][/color:d9c77c0ccb]

[quote:d9c77c0ccb="Reen"]I death-glare the next person who DARES to tamper with Teir and Embers strictly Monogamous lifemating.
The idea of Mender getting in on the action really annoys me.
And Wavecatcher and Yun are predestined for each other.It is unavoidable.[/quote:d9c77c0ccb]

[color=indigo:d9c77c0ccb]*LOOKS Back with death glare!* heheheheh...jk people..this is all in good fun after all! Grin

**huggles Group**[/color:d9c77c0ccb]

emerald

[color=#00bfbf:76bc19a352][b:76bc19a352]*Huggles Crescent*[/b:76bc19a352] Thank you! :P

[b:76bc19a352]*Sticks out tongue*[/b:76bc19a352][/color:76bc19a352]

ReenBladesong

:oops: Blame my Drama lessons.The taught me to over react. :) And being a Leo, thats just part of my personality.

emerald

[color=#00bfbf:017c9cd274]It's ok! [b:017c9cd274]*Huggles*[/b:017c9cd274]

Back to Yun! Grin

I was really shocked when I found out she was Skywise's daughter! Then after the shock wore off I was really sad that he never got the chance to raise her and then to have them go off with different tribes. :( [/color:017c9cd274]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:3bcf9cdb6b]lol..its all good reen...like i said...all in good fun right?? lol

*huggles Emmie**

**Huggles Reen**[/color:3bcf9cdb6b]

Kitt

[color=red:b044ef3bce][b:b044ef3bce]*runs in*[/b:b044ef3bce] [size=24:b044ef3bce]I LIKE TEIR!![/size:b044ef3bce] :o [b:b044ef3bce]*runs out and into bed*[/b:b044ef3bce][/color:b044ef3bce]

ReenBladesong

:D [color=olive:381ddea9c4][/color:381ddea9c4]As we all should.
Speaking of which,didnt Yun have a bit of a thing for Teir, when she first met him?

Gazelle

Yeah she did. She tried to get him to den with her. They're a cute couple to, for a fling, though Ember and Teir are better.

Foxeye

Yun rocks my world. Especially because she likes playing a flute. Something about a flute-playing go-back lady is just perfect. I also like how the cutter and skywise friendship is sorta reflected in an Ember and Yun friendship.

I do have to admit her hair got a bit weird at times, but the way she looked in the Lehrigan story, and the Mender's Tale, was just spifferific.

And leave Teir alone you big meanies!

crescent1325

[color=indigo:dad49af72e]im not being mean! :twisted: [size=5:dad49af72e]well maybe just alittle[/size:dad49af72e] Grin :P [/color:dad49af72e]

emerald

[color=#00bfbf:ed20b99312]In Recognition, I had a hard time telling the difference between her and Krim, don't know why though... :? [/color:ed20b99312]

Foxeye

Yah, you should be! How'd you like it if someone kept saying "Tyleet sucks! She should never have been born!" whenever someone brings her up? Unhappy 'snot nice!

emerald

[b:7aa7b7fff7][color=#00bfbf:7aa7b7fff7]You're right, it doesn't feel good. :(

Oh, and people hate on Scouter [i:7aa7b7fff7]all the time[/i:7aa7b7fff7], like hardcore. Stop the hate! :crying: [/color:7aa7b7fff7][/b:7aa7b7fff7]

ReenBladesong

Yeah,We aint beating on Tyleet you stop beating on Teir.
So no more insulting popular Characters. Peace out,dudes and dudettes.

Bluedepth

Oh, i love Yun! I love the idea that Skywise has a child :) But it is sad that Skywise didnt have the chanse to raise her. I'm sure he would have wanted to to be there for her unlike his parents, who could not be there for him. But thats all rayeks fault Evil Grin

Anyone have any pictures to post of her? I would love to see some here and i dont have a printer :(

~Blue

innie

[quote:395b10cca3="emerald"][color=#00bfbf:395b10cca3]It's ok! [b:395b10cca3]*Huggles*[/b:395b10cca3]

Back to Yun! Grin

I was really shocked when I found out she was Skywise's daughter! Then after the shock wore off I was really sad that he never got the chance to raise her and then to have them go off with different tribes. :( [/color:395b10cca3][/quote:395b10cca3]

I knew that Yun was Skywise's daughter before I read it :(
Damn spoilers Wink
But I haven't read Forevergreen, because most people have a thing against Blair, though I'll buy it someday.

Goodberry

Well, she looks so much like him that it was pretty unmistakeable. :D I like Yun a lot, too. I agree that she is the perfect Go-Back/Wolfrider blend!

It is kind of weird that the daughter is far older than the father. Must be odd for her to interact with him when he's still a bit of a cub/fawn in some respects.

StarShine

Did you all notice... Wolfriders (and thereforeSkywise) have wolf friends while the Go Backs have deer) Yun is cub-fawn... elf... I think Yun is cool, she a mix of Stars and Snow,Wolf and Deer... Forest and Tundra... who's Yun's mother? While we're on the subject.

But back to the point Yun is cool, Skywise is cool and all the elves (minus Rayek and Winnowill) are cool.

Siwan

sometimes I think she looks like Urda
I don't she's her mother right?

Neechan

I don't know if we'll ever know her her mother truly is. Oooh! Unless someone asks her/Wendy that question! I mean, she did answer the one about Kimo's father.

Anywho, I've loved Yun since when I first read about her. She's definately one of my favorite characters from Wild Hunt (her and Stubtail XD )

Siwan

Quote:
Neechan

I don't know if we'll ever know her her mother truly is. Oooh! Unless someone asks her/Wendy that question! I mean, she did answer the one about Kimo's father.

Anywho, I've loved Yun since when I first read about her. She's definately one of my favorite characters from Wild Hunt (her and Stubtail XD )

good idea wanted to ask but that topic of ask elfmom is locked Unhappy

Neechan

Quote:
Siwan

good idea wanted to ask but that topic of ask elfmom is locked Unhappy

That's when you email a whole new question. :D

Siwan

oh yeah email oops
my miind is set on somehing else at the moment

crescent1325

Why dont you ask Yun?

Gazelle

I always thought it was that redhead chick with Skywise in the orgy scene.

Just what I thought.

Siwan

Mardu?

crescent1325

ya know..i was just reading that book today...i thought it coulda been her too!

ReenBladesong

In Wingthings EQ alternaverse, Mardu is actually Yuns mum.

Siwan

well on the Go-Back pic she is looking at Yun

ReenBladesong

What Goback pic? If youre talkin bout the plates, Yun is in the Rogues Wildcards and Loners plate.

crescent1325

yeah...but Young Yun is in the Goback plate.

Siwan

Quote:
Reen Bladesong

What Goback pic? If youre talkin bout the plates, Yun is in the Rogues Wildcards and Loners plate.

On the Go-Back drawing that Wendy Pini made

ReenBladesong

:? Is she?

*Goes off to check*

Yes it does look like a young Yun playing with young Jirda, but Mardu could be looking at either, and anyone in between.

Minouche

when I first saw her, I thought: wouldn't it be fun if she were Skywise daughter? Then I found out she is. I'm glad, she is just like her father if a bit more thoughtful of others' feelings. Like him she is loving, lovable, extremely bright and brave, generous, fair, What is there to dislike: I would have loved to have a daughter like her (I only have sons -maybe a grand daughter one day-). I don't think she, like her father, is even close to monogamous. I scratched my head really hard trying to find which elf I didn't like at all and only came up with with the male Door (wimpy doormat in fron of Winnowill, stuck up tyrant to anyone else). Winnowill I can't completely dislike: she is too good at being the one we love to hate and I would miss her terribly if she totally disapeared from the storyline.

Goodberry

[quote:da1aba891c]
I don't know if we'll ever know her her mother truly is. Oooh! Unless someone asks her/Wendy that question! I mean, she did answer the one about Kimo's father. [/quote:da1aba891c]

I envision ElfMom asking Skywise who Yun's mother might be and his answer would be a long, long list of GoBack females.

ReenBladesong

Grin Yeah I can just see him starting off a list,and time cards going from 'later' to 'Hurry up, Skywise, weve run out of time cards'. Grin

crescent1325

Quote:
Goodberry

[quote:b2f9d42bcf]

I envision ElfMom asking Skywise who Yun's mother might be and his answer would be a long, long list of GoBack females.[/quote:b2f9d42bcf]

lol..thats why we should ask Yun Wink

ReenBladesong

Well said!

Dibs NOT asking.

cactus

I'm not sure about Yun. But I really liked the story with Yun in EQII, "Chief's Walk".

And especially this part :D :

innie

I love that story too :D
Yun was way more thoughtful than Krim could be. And I'm glad there was a story about how Ember felt about the whole Teir thing.
I like how Yun embraces her both sides.

Kchaiya

...........*mouth hangs wide open*.............. I've never heard of this story before! I didn't even know this existed! And I have an Ember fansite, for crying out loud! Can someone tell me what issue this was in? Maybe the Wolfrider Shop still has it avalable.

KirthelastGo-Back

Quote:
Kchaiya

...........*mouth hangs wide open*.............. I've never heard of this story before! I didn't even know this existed! And I have an Ember fansite, for crying out loud! Can someone tell me what issue this was in? Maybe the Wolfrider Shop still has it avalable.

Your wish is my command! Wink

The story is called "The Wild Hunt: A Betwixt Tale" and is the second of two stories by that name. It appears in the Second Elfquest magazine, issue 14. (The first Betwixt Tale, from EQ II 11, featured a younger Pool and Sust.)

Don't know if the Wolfrider shop has EQ II back copies, though.

Cheers,
"Kir"

cactus

[quote:e3fcad4053]Don't know if the Wolfrider shop has EQ II back copies, though.[/quote:e3fcad4053]
They have. I ordered the two I was missing from them :D . I think it costs $6 each.

innie

I didn't know that! I was desperately trying to get them via ebay, paying too much shipping costs and such.
And now I can just buy them from the wolfrider shop!
Although I think it's still a lot of money if you're trying to get them all.

And Kchaiya, do you want spoilers for the story?

Goodberry

Is this story published in one of the Reader's Collections? Wild Hunt or beyond? It's been ages since I read those stories and my copies of those are hiding somewhere in my sister's apartment some 200 miles away. :?

cactus

No.. Unfortunately neither of the two betwixt tales were reprinted in the Readers collections :( .

innie

I wonder why though. They are great additions to the wild hunt main story. If I'm not mistaking, the two betwixt tales hape happened before the wild hunt saga. They could have put them at the beginning of the rc.

Kchaiya

Thank you, Kir!!!!!!! Now I just have to wait for the Wolfrider Shop to open again :?

Bluedepth

I for one want spoilers!
I know so little about Yun :( Anything you can tell me outside of the manga comics would be so great!

Please anyone?

~Blue

NightAngel

Yun is lovely.
Guess it's her eyes..I don't know, there is something about her..
She has a temper but yet she's calm..look into her eyes *points to picture*

The fact that she's Skywise daughter doesn't matter to me.
Skywise has never been one of my favorites, I still think he's overrated.
Yun, is interesting, though I've read so few about her :(

I know she's with Windkin, but the last thing I've seen from her was the story in the Forevergreen.
There she saw a Wavedancer (and she was drawed on a horrormovie way :roll: )

crescent1325

she is with Ember at that new holt actually!

ReenBladesong

:D Ah, but that wonderful wavedancer is her future life/lovemate, wavecatcher!

Bluedepth

so... the children of Skywise and Cutter end up with a wavedancer?
And Ember with Teir? Why do the wolfriders hardly ever get a mate that is a wolfrider too? :roll:
Tell me more about Yun, please! she sound so wonderful!

~Blue

crescent1325

Well, its speculated that Yun is going to be a lovemate of Wavecatcher. But she is her fathers daughter thur and thur. She is the Female version of skywise. When their was the whole Ember/Mender/Teir issue, Yun was a lovemate to both of em at diff times.

as for a wolfrider hooking up with another wolfrider. Im telling you. Sust, Pool and Chitter...mark me! :twisted: lol..

Embala

Songflower

Hi, everybody,

Some years ago, there was a detailed essay on the web about Yun, written by a fan. Who knows where this essay is and/or who wrote it? I would like to reread it.

Thanks!

Embala

I love her look on the "Rogues" plate!

Easter EggQuest 2014 found

Startear

Yun is sort of a genderbended Skywise grown up as a Go-Back. Or, that's how I feel about her. Might be wrong of course. Smile

ceruleanblue

Is the correct pronounciation of her name Yoon (as in 'moon') or Yunn (as in 'sun')?

Minouche

Quote:

so... the children of Skywise and Cutter end up with a wavedancer?

And Ember with Teir? Why do the wolfriders hardly ever get a mate that is a wolfrider too? :roll: ...

Because exogamy is good for the health of the babies and because it allows the spiritual bound between all elves tribes to be renewed as the tribes join physically.

Embala

From the "Wondering ..." thread:

Quote:

I'm kinda wondering, since the thought just struck me...is Yun physically older then her father?
Like a lot older?
Edit: Scratch that, I'm remembering it wrong.

Quote:

I actually think you are right

Quote:

Yeah... even though she was in wrapstuff for a rather long period (never quite figured when exactly the battle in Sorrow's End which caused people to go into wrapstuff occured) she still lived for some hundred years before going into wrapstuff while Skywise got Palace-snatched when he was in his twenties or so...

But hey, Windkin is also quite a bit older than Dewshine...

Dittos! I thought about this somewhen back ...

Skywise was supposed to be 31 at EQ1 plus 7 years in Sorrow's End - makes him 37 in the Forbidden grove ... less than 40 years when Yun was born.

Depending on the exact time of "Going Back" (the timeline I found said 200 - 400 years after EQ1) she would be clearly older than her father at that time. And she went in wrapstuff not before the Elf War ... wasn't it said it took place during the Long Sleep? That would mean she has at least 500 years more of life experiance than her father!

That's why I don't mind that Skywise havn't really tried to form a closer connection in the short time they spent. She definitely doesn't need upbringing anymore.
For him she was a child he never knew about - and an elder! A somehow frightening imagination ... For her he was a father she never cared about (it seems not so important for Go-Backs) - and almost a cub. She would have to guide him to some degree ...
When they would have ended up in the same tribe I can imagine that they developed a closenesss due to the same interest - stargazing - rather than family ties.

Vojira

Quote:

Depending on the exact time of "Going Back" (the timeline I found said 200 - 400 years after EQ1) she would be clearly older than her father at that time. And she went in wrapstuff not before the Elf War ... wasn't it said it took place during the Long Sleep? That would mean she has at least 500 years more of life experiance than her father!

That's what I was thinking, but it occurred to me Kahvi only stays with Wolfriders for 20-25 years before she takes off with Tyldak. They get to the Go-Backs some months (?) later and leave a day or so later for sorrow's end.

It says later, in New Blood, that Yun has been there for at least '3 eights of days'.

The Go-Backs show up sometime later, they start killing, volcano erupts, hell breaks lose, Yun gets stabbed, war ends.

She's not older then Skywise. He's probably 10 or so years older.

Brrrrrrr.

Embala

Wishing my memory would be more systematical. There was a quote somewhere (in the main storyline, I think) that IT (either the raid or the Elf WAR) happened either "during the absence of the Palace" - then it could be within a few years - or "during the Long Sleep" - in this case it would be 500+ years.

When it comes to timelines I trust the quotes in the main storyline - if anything! - and Wendy-made issues before the often messed up time frames in rip-offs.

I will not know before I stumble in this quote again, tho ...

Vojira

This?

Embala

That's it! Thank you, Vojira - now my mind can stop to go in useless circles XD

Definitely LESS than 500 years ... then the other time frames weigh heavy.

Vojira

Quote:

That's it! Thank you, Vojira - now my mind can stop to go in useless circles XD

No problem!

Embala

Yun from Shards #16 ... and in the European colored edition

RedheadEmber

Just a thought regarding her adoption of Khorbasi:

In Mender's Tale it says something about how she finds it odd that her, supposedly cold, Go-Back heart could feel so much compassion.

I actually find it just as odd that a child of the human-hating Skywise (though his opinions might have changed a little, especially regarding Shuna) adopts a human. Could you imagine presenting Skywise to his human grandson?

All this of course only makes sense if it's possible to talk about inheriting a personality trait such as certain opinions. Yun has clearly inherited her love of stars from her sire (and her grandmother).

Embala

I don't have a scientific explanation ... just an opinion with some partly biological/psychological based reasons on it.

A certain xenophobia is inherited
- it's about defending the own territory against outsiders to assure an outcome for the own tribe/family
- it's the fear that strangers will mean ill and aim for territory, females, possessions
but it depends on culture, isolation and needs of trade how dominant and excessive this xenophobia will become. (VERY simplified!)

I can imagine that certain character traits are inherited, like curiosity and yearn to see distant places. Not something special like love of stars - but under similar cercumstances the inherited traits can cause someone to aim for similar goals and share similar interests. And it was probably mentioned then and now that Yun's father was from another tribe - and a stargazer. This could have been enough to spark Yun's own interest in stars.

Skywise having a human grandson ... never thought of it this way. I doubt that Skywise would cheer about it ... less because he HATES Humans but because he hardly considers Yun as his daughter. He doesn't seem to have a strong emotional connection to Yun - Khorbasi will probably evoke neither love nor hate ... simply being of minor interest.

About his hate for Humans - well, Skywise has reasons more than one. Nevertheless he got along pretty well with Nonna and Adar, with Olbar - and especially with Shuna. This human girl is clearly Cutter's daughter for him in first place. And he is almost more exited about Cutter being a grandfather of this human baby-boy as the chief himself.
I don't think he would have too much problems with having a human grandchild himself ... his problem would much more being a grandfather at all. And it's the same as with Yun - Khorbasi is a very grown up already. Not much bonding to be expected.

Easter EggQuest 2014 found

RedheadEmber

Got a bit of a question (well... two questions actually):

When do we first time meet Yun? And when is it made 100% clear that she's Skywise's daughter?

In HY2 it's sorta hinted at, with her talk about the stars being so clear while Dewshine and Scouter are in the background looking rather think we know who her sire is...

Trollbabe

I think that's soon after the time she first appears, all grown up.

I don't know if anyone's asked this yet, but if Yun were never to be put in wrapstuff, killed by somebody/something, or altered by a healer as Skywise was, what would be her life expectancy?

The Go-Backs have just a hint of wolf-blood, and like the Wolfriders, get killed more often than they die of old age. Yun should be slightly more immortal than a Wolfrider, less than a Go-Back, right?

Yun was fathered by Skywise before Leetah removed his wolf-blood.

lunakat

Skywise hated humans because they killed his parents. I don't think that's passed down genetically. Magic skills, however, do seem to be passed down by genetics. Skywise had a preoccupation with the sky, just like his mother, just like his daughter. It's probably connected to his ability to fly the Palace. He has a bent for that.

Given the chance, Yun would probably also be able to develop this skill. And she'd probably be better at it than, say, Ember or Tier.

As to her life expectancy, Yun is part Wolfrider, part Go Back... so she might live a little longer than your average Wolfrider. (How long did Dart's son live?) But she'd ultimately be mortal.

I wonder it looks like when an elf dies of old age... Do they suddenly start to age rapidly? Is it gradual? Will we get to see it happen in Final Quest?

RedheadEmber

RE When did Yun find out:

Savah seems to know right from the moment she meets her, but come on; Savah knows everything! Dewshine and Scouter also catches on as soon as Yun starts talking about stars.

However, what confuses me is that in the Forevergreen arch Yun seems to be wondering if Skywise really is her sire! But Chot, during the battle for the Little Palace, refers to her as "half Wolfrider" so it cannot have been a secret that her sire was indeed a Wolfrider, even though it seems like the Go-Backs doesn't care that much about who fathered who.

Maybe she showed some very Wolfridery tendencies as a small fawn/cub. Such as howling like a wolf and preferring raw meat!

As for how long she'd live: She's got wolfblood, I'd bet my sanity on that! However, I don't think the Go-Backs have any wolfblood, wasn't it removed by Willowgreen's trickery? They're basically immortal, except for the fact that they die all the time!

As to her life expectancy, Yun is part Wolfrider, part Go Back... so she might live a little longer than your average Wolfrider. (How long did Dart's son live?) But she'd ultimately be mortal.

Dart tells Serrin that her life will be longer than that of a pureblooded Wolfrider (as in, one where both parents are Wolfriders). So I'd say the same would be the case for Yun and Kimo, the other half-bloods.

Embala

lunakat said
Magic skills, however, do seem to be passed down by genetics. Skywise had a preoccupation with the sky, just like his mother, just like his daughter. It's probably connected to his ability to fly the Palace. He has a bent for that.
You have a point there, luna!

lunakat said
I wonder it looks like when an elf dies of old age... Do they suddenly start to age rapidly? Is it gradual? Will we get to see it happen in Final Quest?
For the wolfblooded ones it would make sense ... I know it basically works this way for dogs and cats.

I think Wolfriders would age gradually for a long time - getting calmer, balancing less activity with expieriance, prefering to guard the Holt more often. And they will show age ... like Tanner or Voll and Savah (even those immortals show really high age) - without being old in the sense of less capable.
At some point they will actually become old, showing physical (and maybe psychical) decay and illness for a short time before dying. Well - "short" can be easily 100 or more years in this case.

Angelalex242

Though it's kinda ironic how Yun seems to be Ember's official Mender distractor.

**Yun, I need to go pounce Teir. Distract Mender for me.**

**On it chief** --->Pounce Mender

Nenufar

Embala said

Dittos! I thought about this somewhen back ...

Skywise was supposed to be 31 at EQ1 plus 7 years in Sorrow's End - makes him 37 in the Forbidden grove ... less than 40 years when Yun was born.

That's why I don't mind that Skywise havn't really tried to form a closer connection in the short time they spent. She definitely doesn't need upbringing anymore.
For him she was a child he never knew about - and an elder! A somehow frightening imagination ... For her he was a father she never cared about (it seems not so important for Go-Backs) - and almost a cub. She would have to guide him to some degree ...
When they would have ended up in the same tribe I can imagine that they developed a closenesss due to the same interest - stargazing - rather than family ties.

That's what I was thinking, but it occurred to me Kahvi only stays with Wolfriders for 20-25 years before she takes off with Tyldak. They get to the Go-Backs some months (?) later and leave a day or so later for sorrow's end.
It says later, in New Blood, that Yun has been there for at least '3 eights of days'.
The Go-Backs show up sometime later, they start killing, volcano erupts, hell breaks lose, Yun gets stabbed, war ends.
She's not older then Skywise. He's probably 10 or so years older.
Brrrrrrr.

I also had thought that Yun was centuries older than Skywise. I honestly didn´t liked that idea, because I think that that much age difference, plus not having interacted before, will make their relationship very awkward (If they are ever put in a quest team together wish I hope).
And so, if Skywise is just a few years older than Yun that will make them interact more like siblings than like father and daughter, wish I think is a relationship they will appreciate more and understand best (Since Skywise parents were killed, and go-backs parents seem to be the distant type).
Probably a Thread of parenthood is needed? Evilgrin

Nenufar

1- Young Sire photo 1-YoungSire_zps0e02b7b1.jpg

I have a few more pictures of those two together, but since this is a Yun thread I don´t know if I should post the rest here or make topic of Yun and Skywise.

Embala

Nenufar said
And so, if Skywise is just a few years older than Yun that will make them interact more like siblings than like father and daughter, wish I think is a relationship they will appreciate more and understand best (Since Skywise parents were killed, and go-backs parents seem to be the distant type).
A thought I can rely to ... even in case that Yun would be really centuries older. Skywise learned to deal with the fact that his "little" soulbrother is centuries older than him now. This should have been much more difficult than simply accepting Yun as an (possible) Elder - he never considered her his daughter anyway - less himself being a father.

Hehehe - this drawing is major fun! Big_laugh Love the poses and expressions! Clap

No Skywise-Yun thread, please - at least not in the Keeping in Character topic. We have a rule here: One thread per character! And ... another one would split discussions and make it more confusing.

Why do you have a problem with posting your art here anyway? A character is partly defined by his/her interaction with other. Showing this interaction is pointing out another facet - a welcome addition!

Even better - post it in Skywise's thread as well! (Nobody minds THIS kind of double posting here ... not as far as I remember Wink)

Of course you can open your own art thread in the FanArt Section as well ... triple posting? *shrug* Why not. Would be still appropriated imo ...

EDIT: Forgot to mention something important: I'm looking forward to see more!!!

Nenufar

Well, here´s more Wink

2- Impatient Daughter photo 2-ImpatientDaughter_zpsb09dd4a1.jpg

This one was inspired from when Yun was buried up to the neck in sand, after she was rescued I thought it was very amusing.

3- Learning photo 3-Learning_zps0e5a57fe.jpg

Here is my wish to see them developing family bonds.

4- Team photo 4-Team_zps0e443538.jpg

And here I want to see them kicking ass together XD
I think those two on a quest will be an amazing team. Happy

Those are the ones I have for now. Wink

Embala

Took me a while to retuzrn here, Nenufar ... I've almost missed those treats!

The "fatherly" lesson is priceless, especially in combination with the previous drawing! Big_laugh
The expressions are hilarious and so in character.

You really make them bond in the stargazing scene. Skywise is a teacher here, sharing his knowledge - his love and fascination for the stars - with his astonished, bedazzled daughter. I fancy that he's explaining her the starlit sky of the Fathertree Holt ... illustrating all the constellations he discovered and named when he grew up there.

Gorgeous action scene! Yeah I really can picture this!
It has dynamic, movement and fun. The poses are very realistic, both elf and human proportions are captured perfectly. Great job with the a armor details.