ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Trueflight, Mother of Strongbow

CruelNebulae

Am I the only one who was smitten with the lovely archer in the few panels we saw her in "Wolfrider!"? She brought to mind images of the classical goddess Artemis/Diana, huntress and patron of the Moon. She seemed slightly taller and slender than the rest of her tribemates, and her ears more delicately formed. I wonder if she had more elf blood than wolf within her? Perhaps this is where Strongbow got his powerful sending ability? I wish we could have seen more of her, and I wonder what color her leathers were. Anyone else a fan of Strongbow's mom?

crescent1325

[color=indigo:2cb8e4aed4]I must admit, i thought she was really pretty when i saw her. I would like to know more of her[/color:2cb8e4aed4].

Silberschweif

Yes, it would be interesting to know more about her. Especially more pics would be great.
There are a few fanpictures of her. Here is one :)

http://www.geocities.com/beloveddeads/mytrueflightndcub.jpg

nevaratoiel

I suppose that's cub Strongbow in that picture. :D

[quote:d1ecf3c415]I must admit, i thought she was really pretty when i saw her.[/quote:d1ecf3c415]
Yep! At least we know where Strongbow got his 'looks' from. :)

I'd like to see her in more comics too.

Fourleafclover

She had such striking features! I always thought she stood out in the pages she was featured in..... alot like a Sun Villager.

crescent1325

Yes! For somereason, i always thought of her as a darker hue then the rest of the tribe. :?

Nightsea

*Raises hand* Me! I like Trueflight!

(Her hairstyle is mine!)

Pic by Wendy hopefully attatched below.

--NS

Nowth

She's like the bride of Dracula or something...

nevaratoiel

Lmao! And Strongbow son of the Devil himself... :P

manalatawen

a Trueflight thread.....wonderful :D :D :D
i just love her...she is Strongbows (:heart:) mother, and a archer :D
she are really pretty too....
wonder how she died??? :? :?

nevaratoiel

One of those many mysteries. Now I also want to know about Strongbow's father.

StarShine

I feel like Strongbow could have been one of those who grew up with perhaps Shale and Eyes High (only because we know he's way youngest than Bearclaw and Joyleaf)

But umm.. TrueFlight.. I loved her. my favorite line from is is something like (after Strongbow and Bearclaw come back from a hunt =SB's just disobeyed BearClaw (BC). Trueflight says "I can make a new bow, but cannot so easily make a new son."

AceQuester

I think i know why she looks somuch like a sunvillager to some...
she looks alot like Maleen, one of Skywise playmates in the sunvillage... also slim, taller and hair almost the same style... :D

Nightsea

[quote:a451ebc92c="Silberschweif"]fanpictures of her[/quote:a451ebc92c]

I made one today...
[img:a451ebc92c]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Night_sea/fallleavesinflight.jpg[/img:a451ebc92c]

I am just gonna mess around and name her wolf too...
she's astride Surebite in this image. Of course that's not
canon (but it rhymes). :)

Sweet pretending,
--Nightsea

Nightsea

I also have a no clothes version...so email or PM if you would
like to see it.

I think I'll have trouble posting a nude at photobucket...so I'll
email the image if anyone asks, remember to give me your
address.

Now for the PG-13 version:
[img:9037e70fee]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Night_sea/07atfno2.jpg[/img:9037e70fee]

Straight shooting,
--Nightsea

nevaratoiel

Nice pictures. :)

I'm not so for nude pictures so I'll just enjoy the clothed ones. :P

Nightsea

Glad you liked them. Thanks for posting. :)

I think that she'll have to have a costume change
before winter hits...so I think she'll be shooting
some of her arrows at something with fur to
spare. It was hard to tell in the few images
Wendy did of her if her midsection was covered
or not. I thought I'd make her outfits for both
ways...some bare midrif for warm seasons and
some covered for cold. The covered look is
still to come...

It was also just a whim to dress her in something
more gossamer-like for a skirt. I bet that the older
wolfriders seldom had such clothing, but I just
liked the look.

Flying True,
--Nightsea

Nightsea

Quote:
Nightsea

The covered look is still to come...

I haven't yet put her in something that would keep
her really warm...but I made this image and created
a winter background for her...she's got long boots
and a one piece dress at least.

Anyone else going to make some fanart of Trueflight?

Tag!
--Nightsea

nevaratoiel

I would if I could, but these days I'm hardly inspirated to do anything.

Foxeye

Finally! I've been wanting to draw a picture of Trueflight for a veeeeery long time, and I finally cooked one up.

[img:82ff5222d3]http://cache.jungle-fire.com/fa/elfquest/trueflight.jpg[/img:82ff5222d3]

Nightsea

I love it, [b:6c9f148ba5]Foxeye[/b:6c9f148ba5]! I notice you also made her costume
in green and natural shades. Seems right for an "old time"
Wolfrider.

For an elf that Wendy pictured a total of three times, I so
dig her! I have to admit, it's her hair which is so like mine.

Anyway...excellent image. Thanks very much for posting!

I put one of Trueflight and a tiny story in the current monthly
grab bag thread. Here's the image part, wherein I also included
a possible Lifemate (non-canon):
[img:6c9f148ba5]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Night_sea/stormburst.jpg[/img:6c9f148ba5]

I had previously conjectured often about Strongbow's Dad. Anyone
else got ideas about this unknown elf?

Trueflight fan,
--Nightsea

nevaratoiel

Very very very very very very very nice, Foxey ;). Wow! :D

AceQuester

Looks great Foxeye. She also reminds me of Skywise... the nose and the blue eyes. Does Strongbow has his brown eyes from his father? ;) hihi

Nightsea

[img:42b168bc1b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Night_sea/foresttrueflight.jpg[/img:42b168bc1b]

:)
--NS

CrimsonAnna

I'm actually writing a fanfic-story about her family right now. I took the liberty to give her eyes which are silvery lavender when she's happy and slate blue when she's worried. Also, I've made her a silent type. What do you think?

nevaratoiel

Quote:
CrimsonAnna

I'm actually writing a fanfic-story about her family right now. I took the liberty to give her eyes which are silvery lavender when she's happy and slate blue when she's worried. Also, I've made her a silent type. What do you think?

I'd love to read it. :)

CrimsonAnna

Quote:
nevaratoiel

[quote:127841f791="CrimsonAnna"]I'm actually writing a fanfic-story about her family right now. I took the liberty to give her eyes which are silvery lavender when she's happy and slate blue when she's worried. Also, I've made her a silent type. What do you think?

I'd love to read it. :)[/quote:127841f791]

When it's done, I'll publish it. our site has been great help. Thank you

nevaratoiel

I hope you're going to include Strongbow too (not a necessity of course) if so, just let me know when you have it done and published (PM if you don't mind, since I can't follow all that's going on here)... I'd love to put it on my website. A update is way overdue. :)

Embala

*made mental notice to read it* :)

skywiselover

I play Warhammer Fantasy and I actually modeled some of my archers after Nightfall, Strongbow, Crescent and True Flight. She is gorgeous!

CrimsonAnna

I just wanted to tell you that the story of Trueflight (and Strongbow) is now in the fanfiction forum

Trollbabe

I have one problem with Trueflight. I understand her loyalty to Bearclaw, and her disappointment with Strongbow's poor judgment. But to stand there while somebody strikes her son, is something I can't fathom.

Embala

Hunting for the hunter Wink

Quote:

Quote:
"Silberschweif
fanpictures of her

I made one today...

I am just gonna mess around and name her wolf too...

she's astride Surebite in this image. Of course that's not canon (but it rhymes). Smile

Sweet pretending,

--Nightsea

Quote:

I also have a no clothes version...so email or PM if you would like to see it.

I think I'll have trouble posting a nude at photobucket...so I'll email the image if anyone asks, remember to give me your address.

Now for the PG-13 version:

Straight shooting,

--Nightsea

Quote:

Finally! I've been wanting to draw a picture of Trueflight for a veeeeery long time, and I finally cooked one up.

Quote:

I love it, Foxeye! I notice you also made her costume in green and natural shades. Seems right for an "old time" Wolfrider.

For an elf that Wendy pictured a total of three times, I so dig her! I have to admit, it's her hair which is so like mine.

Anyway...excellent image. Thanks very much for posting!

I put one of Trueflight and a tiny story in the current monthly grab bag thread. Here's the image part, wherein I also included a possible Lifemate (non-canon):

I had previously conjectured often about Strongbow's Dad. Anyone else got ideas about this unknown elf?

Trueflight fan,

--Nightsea

Quote:

Smile

--NS