ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Flam

Startear

I know there is a thread for his kick-ass sister, but I didn't find one for him. Those two were the characters I personally liked best in Shards. And he has a wife which we saw in Rouge's Curse.

Embala

Her name is Bupa.

I liked the rough friendship Flam and Mender developed.

WolfMoonSky

Flam is one of my favorite trolls!
I agree with you Embala on the rough friendship Flam and Mender developed! Like it too.

Trollbabe

I was a little confused by Flam's change of character, from his introduction to "Rogue's Curse." I don't have all the back issues, so I will have to look it up online. But he seemed more timid in RC.

Embala

As I mentioned in an earlier post - I like the rough, unacknowledged friendship of Flam and Mender.

Uhmm ... Mender looks like he was stuffed by Batman's tailor ... :/

Trellwolf

(Is it okay to post on a thread that hasn't updated in two years? Because I honestly joined the forum specifically to talk about Flam.)

I agree with you guys that Mender and Flam's friendship is the best. In fact, I usually don't like Mender, but when he's interacting with Flam he automatically becomes one of my favorite characters. The best part about their friendship is how unique it is. Some elves and some trolls tolerate each other and get along well enough, but Mender and Flam are the only two (out of the comics I've read so far) who really seem genuinely happy to see each other when they cross paths. It's adorable, really.

I also really liked how in the storyline (the name of which escapes me) where Ember's tribe got the trolls to help them kill the giant cave monster, Flam had so many cool inventions and traps. They were really impressive.

Trollbabe

(Is it okay to post on a thread that hasn't updated in two years? Because I honestly joined the forum specifically to talk about Flam.)

We encourage bringing up older threads.
Also, Trolls are my favorite characters.

Trellwolf

We encourage bringing up older threads.
Also, Trolls are my favorite characters.

I can tell. =)

I also agree with you about his character changing from RC. It's almost like he's a completely different troll. I think I prefer his Shards-and-on personality than the one he displayed when first introduced.

WolfMoonSky

I love both his personality in shards and RC, but I prefer shard, since I kinda forget his personality in RC! XD he's one of my favorite characters, I love this guy!

Embala

Flam had quite a developement ... or: Did he cause developement in my look on Trolls?

When he left the caves to follow Cutter he was basically the "greedy Troll on a treasure hunt". Oh yes, he was fighting for this "treasure" in the Shards War ... but he was a reliable ally first. His friendship with Mender - the way he "challenged" the healer to heal himself is one of my favorite moments with him. And last not least he became a great inventor.

Another scene I love him for: In Citadell he scared some soliers almost to death because they threatened little children. I don't remember his exact quote but it was along the line:
"Children don't grow on trees!"

Easter EggQuest 2013 reserved for Trollhammer

EDIT: Okay - looked up the picture for the exact quote.

And the nect scene becomes ugly - for a certain soldier ... here you go to start:

Trollbabe

Embala said
I don't remember his exact quote but it was along the line:
"Children don't grow on trees!"

This is one sce i use to defend Trolls as civilized people.

WolfMoonSky

This is one sce i use to defend Trolls as civilized people.

Same here!

god, I love Flam to death!

RedheadEmber

That scene is made of win with and extra dose of winnery!

Trellwolf

I'm particularly fond of the scene were he saves Mender's life by hitting him in the face and shouting at him. First-aid the troll way.

Embala

That's why I call it a "rough" friendship Wink

Not kidding - it's another of my favorite scenes. And Mender returned the favor - healer style of course.

Easter EggQuest 2013 found

Trollbabe

We Trolls should do this more often

Trellwolf

Ahaha, yes, thanks for the image. I don't think I've seen that part in color before! It's neat.

And yes, then Mender saves him later because he was being all brave and noble and letting everyone else down first. What a cutie.
(It is obvious I ship them yet, or...)
I didn't say that.