ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

High Ones - there are more than 9

Embala

I found this in another thread and thought it would be a great start for a new High Ones thread (the original one is eaten - sort of - by the site change. ElfTanner's listing is perfect to start anew!

There were a lot of "Highones" on the ship when it came to the World of Two Moons. If you look at the story a lot of them were killed and many scattered to the winds. If you read the Blood of ten Chief novels it talks about more then just the nine.
The nine that are focused on in the poster of the Highones were the ones that had main control of the ship:

Timmain - Her purpose was to remember

Haken - He was there Passion driving them forward

Adya - Their eyes, chosing were they should go

Kalil - He was their motion, propelling them through space ................................. Easter EggQuest 2013 found

Kaslen - Their ship, protecting them through space

Sefra - The time keeper, knowing when they should go ...................................... Easter EggQuest 2013 found

Aerth - their ears, knowing why they should go ................................................. Easter EggQuest 2013 found

Deir - Their balance, giving order to all of their choices ..................................................Easter FggQuest

Gibra - Was their caution, hiding them back ........................................................ Easter EggQuest 2013 found

The Circle of Nine

click to see full sized

Embala

Then there were:

Orolin - the keeper of the scroll of colors

Guin and Ima - elves that had been slaughtered and found later by Haken.

Tislin - one of the highones that couldn't be located.

Almeck - a treeshaper

Seeree - Almeck's beloved

Menlolan - a firestarter

Segray - a healer

Enlet - Zarhan's father

Oraynah - one of the first hunters

Nefanrin, Khyra and Jannah - of which nothing is really known.

And those are just the ones that lived with and founded the wolfriders.

Then there was Savah's family who founded the Sorrow's End. Anyway - that was just my two sence on the highones, didn't mean to ramble. I got all of those names out of the Wolfriders Guide if anyone was interested.

When I remember right the founders of Sorrow's End were not Firstcomers, but children of the High Ones, some might be first or second generation.

RedheadEmber

Wait... that 'second quote' thingy was in this thread all along... yet... your reply (in the post where the quoted post is) is new!

I'm confused...

Embala

Nothing mysterious, Redhead. My first post seemed too long - that's why I've split it. Wink

This poster is from the old "High Ones" thread:

MultiMEDEA

There's also Voll's unnamed parents (whose flashback silhouettes don't seem to match any of the Nine) and Ekuar, Osek, and Mekda's unknown sets of parents (any of whom might also be of the Nine.)

RedheadEmber

And the ancestors of the Wavedancers.

And, I guess, the parents of Hassbet... if Savah is a granddaughter of the Firstcomers, then Hassbet would have to be a daughter of the Firstcomers!